I Like College Football More Than Pro Football Now

Moderator: studcrackers

Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

I Like College Football More Than Pro Football Now 

Post#1 » by Bulltalk » Wed Feb 7, 2018 3:05 am

In the longer years of my life, I've always preferred pro football over college football. But over the last 3 or 4 years or so, that began to change. I now prefer college football over pro football. I'm much more inclined now to watch a college football game that doesn't have my favorite team in it than a pro game that doesn't. This began to change in recent years, but now it's overwhelmingly that way. I'm not entirely sure why this is.

I think the last thing that would seal the deal would be an 8 team playoff for college. All big 5 conference winners need to be in. That's the only way to completely legitimize the winning of a conference championship. The CFP selection committee needs to be taken out of the equation in this regard. The CFP committee needs to be reduced to selecting the remaining 3 wild card teams, and seeding the playoff picture. When making it an 8 team college football playoff, you simply now make 7 bowl games part of the CFP, Rose Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Cotton Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Orange Bowl, Peach Bowl, Citrus Bowl, or something like that.

Lastly they need to more solidify the power 5 conferences, and by that I mean the Big Eight. That conference needs to add a few more teams so that they can have a split conference championship like the other four. It shouldn't be too difficult to get those last two teams knowing the new playoff schedule. How about BYU and Notre Dame? Yeah, I know it won't hapen because that arrogant ND thing.

Also, you could also make it slightly more interesting for the non power conferences by saying that one of the three wild card teams would come from the highest ranked non power conference team. That would give such conferences something more to play for.

But these are quibbles. I just think the college game more exciting now than the pro game. Not entirely sure why. Just do.
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: I Like College Football More Than Pro Football Now 

Post#2 » by bondom34 » Wed Feb 7, 2018 3:41 am

I always have :D. Can't disagree.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,711

Post#3 » by Pacers_Freak » Tue May 15, 2018 3:14 pm

Bulltalk wrote:In the longer years of my life, I've always preferred pro football over college football. But over the last 3 or 4 years or so, that began to change. I now prefer college football over pro football. I'm much more inclined now to watch a college football game that doesn't have my favorite team in it than a pro game that doesn't. This began to change in recent years, but now it's overwhelmingly that way. I'm not entirely sure why this is.

I think the last thing that would seal the deal would be an 8 team playoff for college. All big 5 conference winners need to be in. That's the only way to completely legitimize the winning of a conference championship. The CFP selection committee needs to be taken out of the equation in this regard. The CFP committee needs to be reduced to selecting the remaining 3 wild card teams, and seeding the playoff picture. When making it an 8 team college football playoff, you simply now make 7 bowl games part of the CFP, Rose Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Cotton Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Orange Bowl, Peach Bowl, Citrus Bowl, or something like that.

Lastly they need to more solidify the power 5 conferences, and by that I mean the Big Eight. That conference needs to add a few more teams so that they can have a split conference championship like the other four. It shouldn't be too difficult to get those last two teams knowing the new playoff schedule. How about BYU and Notre Dame? Yeah, I know it won't hapen because that arrogant ND thing.

Also, you could also make it slightly more interesting for the non power conferences by saying that one of the three wild card teams would come from the highest ranked non power conference team. That would give such conferences something more to play for.

But these are quibbles. I just think the college game more exciting now than the pro game. Not entirely sure why. Just do.

I agree with you. Because of the no huddle teams the game plays a lot faster. I don't mean in time of game but rather the amount of time there is action. It is a much more enjoyable watch IMO.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,564

Post#4 » by hermes » Tue Jul 3, 2018 3:01 am

Pacers_Freak wrote:
Bulltalk wrote:In the longer years of my life, I've always preferred pro football over college football. But over the last 3 or 4 years or so, that began to change. I now prefer college football over pro football. I'm much more inclined now to watch a college football game that doesn't have my favorite team in it than a pro game that doesn't. This began to change in recent years, but now it's overwhelmingly that way. I'm not entirely sure why this is.

I agree with you. Because of the no huddle teams the game plays a lot faster. I don't mean in time of game but rather the amount of time there is action. It is a much more enjoyable watch IMO.

you must not watch the big ten west
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,711

Post#5 » by Pacers_Freak » Tue Jul 3, 2018 1:54 pm

hermes wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:

you must not watch the big ten west

Does anyone? Lol. I do think Northwestern is making good strides and Frost is going to get Nebraska rolling.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,564

Post#6 » by hermes » Tue Jul 3, 2018 11:54 pm

Pacers_Freak wrote:
Does anyone? Lol. I do think Northwestern is making good strides and Frost is going to get Nebraska rolling.

yeah man, i put up with it every year

< iowa hawkeyes fan

Return to NCAA Football