ImageImageImageImage

Sources: Charlotte, Chicago and Orlando finalizing trade that includes Mozgov to Magic, Biyombo to Charlotte and Julyan

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Re: Sources: Charlotte, Chicago and Orlando finalizing trade that includes Mozgov to Magic, Biyombo to Charlotte and Jul 

Post#441 » by MagicFan101 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 7:05 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
Maybe. I’m just pointing out that this move (like the IT rumors) were just a save face move by management to address what they couldn’t accomplish in the draft. I’m much happier with the Grant result than IT or not addressing it at all. Still would rather have taken a swing on one of those underrated guards in the draft, but I can live with it.

You’re pointing out a bitter, shortsighted opinion... not reality.

Mozgov + an expiring PG contract offers (slightly) more flexibility than Biz + a late draft pick PG. Nothing groundbreaking but there is more wiggle room in trades or 2019 cap space.

Grant is still a relatively young yet experienced recent 1st round PG. Along with the monetary value of an expiring contract, he offers about as much on the court hope you could have for those late PGs in the draft.

While marginal or perhaps even negligible, this is a net-positive trade with a lot of time to go before opening night and yet another moveable asset.

Bitter? Short-sighted?

I think the Grant deal is perfectly fine.

Drafting a younger point guard on a rookie deal without giving up assets is better. That’s not an argument. Splitting the difference between Grant and a majority of those starters is arguable at best.

A draft pick doesn’t come on a one year deal attractive in trades... some moves are made to set up future moves. That follow-up trade doesn’t always happen but putting yourself in a position to explore them has value.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Re: Sources: Charlotte, Chicago and Orlando finalizing trade that includes Mozgov to Magic, Biyombo to Charlotte and Jul 

Post#442 » by Def Swami » Sun Jul 8, 2018 7:12 pm

Read on Twitter
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#443 » by FFBlitzace » Sun Jul 8, 2018 7:17 pm

Grant: "Hey Terrence, happy to be your new teamma-"

Ross: "Hold on, lemme tell this guy there's still time for us to get a legit PG."
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,449

Post#444 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 7:17 pm

I find it quite humorous that you guys actually believe due to a Mosgov/Grant acquisition that our summer is over lmaooooo
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#445 » by RickB-Orlando » Sun Jul 8, 2018 7:24 pm

Def Swami wrote:Welp
Read on Twitter

What do you expect him to say?

"We tried like hell to replace him with just about anyone, including that gimp IT coming off a major injury, but even *that*didn't work out, so we're basically stuck with DJ, a career backup that will use starter's minutes as an opportunity to show just how bad he really is"...?
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach

Post#446 » by RickB-Orlando » Sun Jul 8, 2018 7:28 pm

OrlandoDream wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:
OrlandoDream wrote:Scott Anez tweeted about it then Josh said we never got to negotiating a contract. IT would have been perfect for this currently built roster with his scoring ability. What other possible reason do you think we didnt even get to negotiate a contract besides the fact that we saw his medical records and it just did not look great.

If his medical cleared, we would have made the move. Both sides were interesting in reaching a deal but too many red flags on the injured hip. Look it up. It makes sense. What else could have prevented the signing?

If you actually believe Scott Anez has sources I don't know what to tell you.. He has already been exposed with this whole IT debacle as he claimed multiple times that the deal was finished and even said that the years and dollar amount was already agreed upon when they never even started negotiating.

Im thinking that WeHam was sold on the idea that DJ can be our starter. Clifford is too. Thats why the deal wasn't done. IT was only coming here if he was guranteed to start.

I highly doubt that our FO chose DJ over IT if the hip was not a problem. There is no proof of that either. All speculation.

The rumor I've seen floating around is that IT wanted to be guaranteed the starting job, which obviously wasn't going to happen.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,177

Post#447 » by cedric76 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 7:29 pm

You guys r so short sighted

Mo isn’t ready to play more than 20 min per, so this is why we won’t trade Vucevic

We’ll get our starting pg next summer when mo Isaac and ag r ready to compete for a playoff spot

This year cliff will make sure we play hard with the guys we have, if we make the playoff great, if we finish 10th it s ok.

Weham r building a young, long, athletic team that can play great team basketball

Have faith, the future is bright. You have to learn to walk before attempting to run

Go magic
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
AmazinMUSIC
Junior
And1: 137

Sources: Charlotte, Chicago and Orlando finalizing trade that includes Mozgov to Magic, Biyombo to Charlotte and Julyan 

Post#448 » by AmazinMUSIC » Sun Jul 8, 2018 7:53 pm

Lol wow people really value 2nd rounders around here. I don't see what all the fuss is about. Can Mozgov catch the ball? Yes? OK Cool I'm fine with the trade lol. I want to know where people are getting their info from as far as what they think this means for the team's future. You guys must have some secret sources I don't know about.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#449 » by j-ragg » Sun Jul 8, 2018 8:02 pm

No one thinks the team is done trading until the deadline.

But you just acquired two below average point guards, and the other one is the only one who’s proven he’s worth a damn on offense. And Weltman was just gushing about DJ in a press conference. Does anyone think our point guard rotation isn’t set?
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#450 » by magicman112 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 8:14 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:I find it quite humorous that you guys actually believe due to a Mosgov/Grant acquisition that our summer is over lmaooooo

Oh some were acting like after the draft it was over!
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,346

Post#451 » by SOUL » Sun Jul 8, 2018 8:19 pm

cedric76 wrote:You guys r so short sighted

Mo isn’t ready to play more than 20 min per, so this is why we won’t trade Vucevic

We’ll get our starting pg next summer when mo Isaac and ag r ready to compete for a playoff spot

This year cliff will make sure we play hard with the guys we have, if we make the playoff great, if we finish 10th it s ok.

Weham r building a young, long, athletic team that can play great team basketball

Have faith, the future is bright. You have to learn to walk before attempting to run

Go magic

I agree that people shouldn't panic about how our roster looks right now

But I don't agree we are going into the season with DJ/Vuc.. will be very disappointed. Bamba doesn't need to be "ready", just needs opportunity and growth.. don't really want to see him out there with a bunch of backups
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,815

Post#452 » by MagicMatic » Sun Jul 8, 2018 8:31 pm

SOUL wrote:

Go magic

But I don't agree we are going into the season with DJ/Vuc.. will be very disappointed. Bamba doesn't need to be "ready", just needs opportunity and growth.. don't really want to see him out there with a bunch of backups

You do or don’t think DJ/Vuc should be here?
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,665

Post#453 » by basketballRob » Sun Jul 8, 2018 8:34 pm

I want to see Bamba and Isaac in the starting lineup this year.
j-ragg
RealGM

Post#454 » by j-ragg » Sun Jul 8, 2018 8:35 pm

basketballRob wrote:I want to see Bamba and Isaac in the starting lineup this year.

You follow the wrong team then amigo.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,346

Post#455 » by SOUL » Sun Jul 8, 2018 8:47 pm

MagicMatic wrote:You do or don’t think DJ/Vuc should be here?

I don't think they should be here. I want to see us committed to developing from the start instead of the slow burn approach we always take. I don't mean just outright give the kids the keys with 30-40 mins a game, but just letting them know they are the future of the franchise and grooming them as such instead of 14-20 minute roleplayers for 2-3 years. We can do that if we have an actual winning team they're joining, but we're rebuilding so we shouldn't do that.
j-ragg
RealGM

Post#456 » by j-ragg » Sun Jul 8, 2018 8:56 pm

SOUL wrote:

I don't think they should be here. I want to see us committed to developing from the start instead of the slow burn approach we always take. I don't mean just outright give the kids the keys with 30-40 mins a game, but just letting them know they are the future of the franchise and grooming them as such instead of 14-20 minute roleplayers for 2-3 years. We can do that if we have an actual winning team they're joining, but we're rebuilding so we shouldn't do that.

I think most of us that argue on here can all agree on that.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,665

Post#457 » by basketballRob » Sun Jul 8, 2018 8:57 pm

It was cool how they ran the offense through Isaac in the first summer league game. Last summer league I think he got most of his points from offensive rebounds. During the regular season he would go long stretches without ever touching the ball. I hope they run the offense through him for the entire year. He's probably our best player now so let him have the ball.
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach

Post#458 » by RickB-Orlando » Sun Jul 8, 2018 8:59 pm

SOUL wrote:

Go magic

He needs to build up muscle mass as well. He looks like a stick figure out there, and is just asking for an injury as he gets pushed around by the grown-up centers in the league.
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#459 » by woosah » Sun Jul 8, 2018 9:09 pm

I can only laugh.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,088

Post#460 » by yoyojw17 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 9:13 pm

SOUL wrote:

But.... at least this boat has new pilots in WeHam and Clifford. Based on the comments by them all... they truly see the future in the recent pick ups. I don't believe that they HAVE to go... because you do need the balance of competitiveness along with growth. And even if they are kept through the beginning of the season.... we don't know what their goal is. "Let's keep em.. and when we see that these kids hit the ground running.... we start flipping players"

love the strides made by isaac.... would be happy if at season start he's up to 230 lb. Bamba is definitely gonna need that next off season to make further improvements on his body.... till then i don't mind the training wheels. But having both vuc and biyombo makes it really hard to give him all the secondary minutes... as biyombo was relentless in everything he did and you gotta give him the time for the effort he puts in... along with that paycheck. Mozgov seems to be ok watching those checks come in and will be only there for insurance and as an expiring contract in 2 years or a trade asset next summer.

Training against an offensive player like vuc can help the other bigs as well. So.... there is no need to panic on our side.

Return to Orlando Magic