ImageImageImageImage

Sources: Charlotte, Chicago and Orlando finalizing trade that includes Mozgov to Magic, Biyombo to Charlotte and Julyan

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Re: Sources: Charlotte, Chicago and Orlando finalizing trade that includes Mozgov to Magic, Biyombo to Charlotte and Jul 

Post#481 » by fendilim » Mon Jul 9, 2018 1:11 am

Read on Twitter
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Re: Sources: Charlotte, Chicago and Orlando finalizing trade that includes Mozgov to Magic, Biyombo to Charlotte and Jul 

Post#482 » by MagicStarwipe » Mon Jul 9, 2018 1:27 am

SOUL wrote:
cedric76 wrote:You guys r so short sighted

Mo isn’t ready to play more than 20 min per, so this is why we won’t trade Vucevic

We’ll get our starting pg next summer when mo Isaac and ag r ready to compete for a playoff spot

This year cliff will make sure we play hard with the guys we have, if we make the playoff great, if we finish 10th it s ok.

Weham r building a young, long, athletic team that can play great team basketball

Have faith, the future is bright. You have to learn to walk before attempting to run

Go magic

I agree that people shouldn't panic about how our roster looks right now

But I don't agree we are going into the season with DJ/Vuc.. will be very disappointed. Bamba doesn't need to be "ready", just needs opportunity and growth.. don't really want to see him out there with a bunch of backups

I don't know where your optimism comes from SOUL. You've been following this team the last 6 years. You know exactly what is going to happen. And it's not going to be what you want to happen.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
NavalAviator94
Analyst
And1: 1,456

Post#483 » by NavalAviator94 » Mon Jul 9, 2018 1:36 am

fendilim wrote:
Read on Twitter

Damn. Biz can't do that.
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,475

Post#484 » by DiplomaticMagic » Mon Jul 9, 2018 9:43 am

I swear this board's obsession with some players just makes me want to pull my hair out!

First it was Trae Young now its Isaiah Thomas. These guys suck!!

The amount of people wanting to crucify our FO over these players is mind-boggling.

Newsflash: IT isn't the same player he was in Boston! He's a 30 year old undersized chucker recovering from hip surgery who lost his quickness and is one of the worst defenders in the NBA. If this trade brought in IT, you all would be celebrating? I am dumbfounded.
Stop playing Fultz
Play AB and Goga
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#485 » by pepe1991 » Mon Jul 9, 2018 9:56 am

DiplomaticMagic wrote:I swear this board's obsession with some players just makes me want to pull my hair out!

The amount of people wanting to crucify our FO over these players is mind-boggling.

Newsflash: IT isn't the same player he was in Boston! He's a 30 year old undersized chucker recovering from hip surgery who lost his quickness and is one of the worst defenders in the NBA. If this trade brought in IT, you all would be celebrating? I am dumbfounded.

But Magic PG position is joke. You have 1 backup and 2 third string PGs.

on top of that there is nobody you can label as ballhandler but DJ from guards in general.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach

Post#486 » by DiplomaticMagic » Mon Jul 9, 2018 10:08 am

pepe1991 wrote:
DiplomaticMagic wrote:I swear this board's obsession with some players just makes me want to pull my hair out!

on top of that there is nobody you can label as ballhandler but DJ from guards in general.

Okay and?? What PG's available right now won't make it a joke??

Just because we have a hole at the PG doesn't mean we have to rush into signing PG's who aren't the answer either or make a bad trade.

We are expected to be bad anyway, I'm fine with rolling with DJ another year as we continue to build from the draft and hopefully come across our future PG soon. And I'm not saying Briscoe or Grant our going to be our saviors or anything but at least they fit into the identity of what the FO is trying o create.
Stop playing Fultz
Play AB and Goga
Jiwol
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,296

Post#487 » by Jiwol » Mon Jul 9, 2018 10:11 am

DiplomaticMagic wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Just because we have a hole at the PG doesn't mean we have to rush into signing PG's who aren't the answer either or make a bad trade.

We are expected to be bad anyway, I'm fine with rolling with DJ another year as we continue to build from the draft and hopefully come across our future PG soon. And I'm not saying Briscoe or Grant our going to be our saviors or anything but at least they fit into the identity of what the FO is trying o create.

+1
Quit bitching. Not only there's still plenty of offseason left to make amendments/trades (more than 3 months, goddamnit!), but Diplomatic is right about our PG situation. Everybody wants quick fixes and then get disappointed.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#488 » by pepe1991 » Mon Jul 9, 2018 10:28 am

Jiwol wrote:
DiplomaticMagic wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

+1
Quit bitching. Not only there's still plenty of offseason left to make amendments/trades (more than 3 months, goddamnit!), but Diplomatic is right about our PG situation. Everybody wants quick fixes and then get disappointed.

It's hindsight but last year instad of trading Raptors pick they could have taken Derrick White.

I'm not pulling for fast fix but you simply can't enter season with this PG rotation if tanking isn't option. Especially with Clifford who runned whole offense through Kemba's and Batum's ability to distribute ball. ( Kemba had 27-29% usage rate )
Jiwol
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,296

Post#489 » by Jiwol » Mon Jul 9, 2018 10:40 am

pepe1991 wrote:
Jiwol wrote:
DiplomaticMagic wrote:

+1

It's hindsight but last year instad of trading Raptors pick they could have taken Derrick White.

I'm not pulling for fast fix but you simply can't enter season with this PG rotation if tanking isn't option. Especially with Clifford who runned whole offense through Kemba's and Batum's ability to distribute ball. ( Kemba had 27-29% usage rate )

Still - trades can happen everyday from now on to the start of the season. Don't see a reason to panic yet. And if they don't improve PG rotation? Screw that, we end up in the lottery and search for a PG in the draft. We're not gonna win **** this season anyways - good PG or not.
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach

Post#490 » by DiplomaticMagic » Mon Jul 9, 2018 10:50 am

DJ's stats as a starter is actually pretty good. Is he our future PG? No, but he's good enough where we dont have to rush into a bad signing or trade.

Are we contending for a championship? No? Than I dont see why we have to fix all our holes in one off-season. Especially when there's no answer in sight.

Trying to plug in all the holes in one-season/draft is how Hennigan screwed up.
Stop playing Fultz
Play AB and Goga
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#491 » by pepe1991 » Mon Jul 9, 2018 10:58 am

DiplomaticMagic wrote:DJ's stats as a starter is actually pretty good. Is he our future PG? No, but he's good enough where we dont have to rush into a bad signing or trade.

Are we contending for a championship? No? Than I dont see why we have to fix all our holes in one off-season. Especially when there's no answer in sight.

as starter:
11,7 ppg ,5 apg, 46% FG, 42% for 3 ,91% FT that's pretty damn great, but he is known to be player that plays great one year, sucks badly next one

In wins he almost shoots 50% from 3, ( 54% FG -48% for 3 ) , in loses 41% Fg ,39% for 3.
It just goes to show you how much great guard is needed on this team.

I don't mind him as stop gap this season but it would be easier to get PG via trade ( or draft, not sure how 2019 lottery will shape up with changes ) ,but free agency next year at PG really isn't that good.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2019/point-guard/
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,098

Post#492 » by tiderulz » Mon Jul 9, 2018 11:30 am

DiplomaticMagic wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

spot on. Its not like we are contending next year.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#493 » by tiderulz » Mon Jul 9, 2018 11:32 am

pepe1991 wrote:
Jiwol wrote:
DiplomaticMagic wrote:

+1

White? who played mostly in G-League last year? what makes him different than Briscoe or Jerian Grant?
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#494 » by tiderulz » Mon Jul 9, 2018 11:34 am

pepe1991 wrote:
DiplomaticMagic wrote:DJ's stats as a starter is actually pretty good. Is he our future PG? No, but he's good enough where we dont have to rush into a bad signing or trade.

as starter:
11,7 ppg ,5 apg, 46% FG, 42% for 3 ,91% FT that's pretty damn great, but he is known to be player that plays great one year, sucks badly next one

In wins he almost shoots 50% from 3, ( 54% FG -48% for 3 ) , in loses 41% Fg ,39% for 3.

I don't mind him as stop gap this season but it would be easier to get PG via trade ( or draft, not sure how 2019 lottery will shape up with changes ) ,but free agency next year at PG really isn't that good.

39% from 3 is really really good. What are the stats of other players in losses? i am assuming much much worse. Yes, he isnt such a star that he can compensate if 2-3 other players plays a #@%@% game also.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#495 » by pepe1991 » Mon Jul 9, 2018 11:53 am

tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

as starter:

39% from 3 is really really good. What are the stats of other players in losses? i am assuming much much worse. Yes, he isnt such a star that he can compensate if 2-3 other players plays a #@%@% game also.

About White, he stuck in rotation behind Murray, Parker and Mills , from what i saw this SL he is really good. He averaged 20 ppg in Gleague last year. Guy is 6'4 PG with solid dribbling ,athletics, weight and solid ( but not great ) jumpshot, just needs PT.

Other Magic splits in W -L

Gordon -
wins : 19,5 ppg,8,3 rpg, 50% FG, 41,7% for 3, 14 FGA
loses: 16,5 ppg , 7,7rpg, 40% FG, 30% for 3 , 15 FGA

Vučević
wins: 18,2 ppg, 8,4 r, 3,6 a, 51,2% FG ,27% for 3
loses: 15,7 ppg, 9,5 r, 3,5 a, 46% fg, 33% for 3
shoots pretty much same amount of shots in both cases

Evan:
wins: 20ppg, 3,4 rpg, 3,4 a, 51,7% FG, 45% for 3
loses: 16ppg, 3 rpg ,2,6 apg, 42% FG ,34% for 3
Shoots same amount of shots in Ws and Ls (14)

Vučević 3% is complete no factor as he shoots better in Ls , Evan provides biggest win boost when he is hot, Gordon shoots more in loses, in general shoots one three attemp more in Ls ( 6 opposite to 5 in wins ) and one FT less ( 3,5 opposite of 4,5 in wins ).
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#496 » by tiderulz » Mon Jul 9, 2018 11:56 am

pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
as starter:

About White, he stuck in rotation behind Murray, Parker and Mills , from what i saw this SL he is really good. He averaged 20 ppg in Gleague last year. Guy is 6'4 PG with solid dribbling ,athletics, weight and solid ( but not great ) jumpshot, just needs PT.

Gordon -

Vučević

Evan:

Vučević 3% is complete no factor as he shoots better in Ls , Evan provides biggest win boost when he is hot, Gordon shoots more in loses, in general shoots one three attemp more in Ls ( 6 opposite to 5 in wins ) and one FT less ( 3,5 opposite of 4,5 in wins ).

So those 3 count for almost -10 pts a game in a loss, yeah that will hurt a W-L record.

and wait, you are calling out White's summer league play? when you cite how bad the SL players are if anyone tries to find the good points of our own players? a bit hypocritical dont you think?

pepe1991 wrote:tell it to other 296 comments who draw conclusions based on that , i don't really care what players do in SL if it's not super bad, because competition only gets better from that point.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#497 » by j-ragg » Mon Jul 9, 2018 1:47 pm

To me it isn’t about finding our PGOTF this offseason. But we should have some kind of pg threat that’ll make it easier on all of our big athletes that aren’t good at creating offense. DJ can shoot but not a playmaker and doesn’t attack the defense enough. Fournier is the only one who really attracts defensive attention and slashing isn’t really his game, though he does it the most of our guards probably.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#498 » by pepe1991 » Mon Jul 9, 2018 1:47 pm

tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:39% from 3 is really really good. What are the stats of other players in losses? i am assuming much much worse. Yes, he isnt such a star that he can compensate if 2-3 other players plays a #@%@% game also.

Gordon -

Vučević

Evan:

So those 3 count for almost -10 pts a game in a loss, yeah that will hurt a W-L record.

and wait, you are calling out White's summer league play? when you cite how bad the SL players are if anyone tries to find the good points of our own players? a bit hypocritical dont you think?

pepe1991 wrote:tell it to other 296 comments who draw conclusions based on that , i don't really care what players do in SL if it's not super bad, because competition only gets better from that point.

Guy has been phenomenal in G league and SL so far. He had almost no chance to prove himself anywhere elese, as i pointed that he was 4th PG on Spurs, playoff roster .
BUT you can't tell me that this numbers are not impressive:
26-7-6 vs Grizzlies
21- 9a vs Hawks
22 -6 a vs Jazz

and by eye test he is always best player on the floor, being in control of his moves and of whole offense.

If somebody at PG had that type of numbers with Magic, this board would draw Magic Johnson or God knows who else type comparisons ,but since it's on other team nobody cares. IMO , from eye test and some stats, i think he has higher chance becomming nba player ,at least rotation one than Iwundu .

Is it fair to judge him in G league / SL compared to Iwundu's nba performance? Probably not, but Iwundu has been bad whenever he played , in G league last year he averaged 15 ppg on 40% FG and 12% for 3, this year in SL 30% FG , 0% for 3 on 8 ppg.

Magic " big 3" , sure, they have huge usage rate, their inability to play well on night to night bases swings whole team record to negative side.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#499 » by MagicStarwipe » Mon Jul 9, 2018 1:58 pm

j-ragg wrote:To me it isn’t about finding our PGOTF this offseason. But we should have some kind of pg threat that’ll make it easier on all of our big athletes that aren’t good at creating offense. DJ can shoot but not a playmaker and doesn’t attack the defense enough. Fournier is the only one who really attracts defensive attention and slashing isn’t really his game, though he does it the most of our guards probably.

That's the scary thing. We really don't have a single real perimeter playmaker on the roster. Unless we're going to put the ball in Isaac and AG's hands more and live with the growing pains, I expect Fournier/Vuc buddy ball to be at an all time high next season.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#500 » by tiderulz » Mon Jul 9, 2018 2:06 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Gordon -

Vučević

Evan:

Guy has been phenomenal in G league and SL so far. He had almost no chance to prove himself anywhere elese, as i pointed that he was 4th PG on Spurs, playoff roster .
BUT you can't tell me that this numbers are not impressive:
26-7-6 vs Grizzlies
21- 9a vs Hawks
22 -6 a vs Jazz

and by eye test he is always best player on the floor, being in control of his moves and of whole offense.

If somebody at PG had that type of numbers with Magic, this board would draw Magic Johnson or God knows who else type comparisons ,but since it's on other team nobody cares. IMO , from eye test and some stats, i think he has higher chance becomming nba player ,at least rotation one than Iwundu .

Is it fair to judge him in G league / SL compared to Iwundu's nba performance? Probably not, but Iwundu has been bad whenever he played , in G league last year he averaged 15 ppg on 40% FG and 12% for 3, this year in SL 30% FG , 0% for 3 on 8 ppg.

Magic " big 3" , sure, they have huge usage rate, their inability to play well on night to night bases swings whole team record to negative side.

its just funny that for some players, you want to downplay SL games and for White you want to highlight his SL play. And as a 2nd year player, you yourself said he should dominate SL play and that it isnt necessarily an indicator of regular NBA play. maybe the reason nobody cares is how often you criticize any SL play.

you cant have it both ways.

Return to Orlando Magic