ImageImageImageImageImage

Pick 36: Knicks Draft Mitchell Robinson - Pg 97-8 - Block Ness Monster catching on

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

awy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,341

Re: Pick 36: We finally got our mitchell Welcome to the knicks 

Post#901 » by awy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:49 pm

definitely needs to get off twitter but he’s answered a lot of mental side red flags. he has the drive to be great, and really competes on the court.

just gotta figure out defensive rotations, positioning and defensive technique, all things every rookie has to learn.

Read on Twitter

this up and under layup finish in the second game was one of his best plays. thats a play that requires a lot of touch and some offensive quick thinking. makes you wonder what else he’s got that he hasnt shown yet due to his limited role right now.

practice some free throws tho
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#902 » by F N 11 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:29 pm

Not a fan of this Social media chit. Just work hard and show it. I believe in him.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
awy
Sixth Man

Post#903 » by awy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:08 pm

hold up in this video they say he has a 7'8" wingspan now?

https://youtu.be/zhJoq3s0NaA?t=1m33s

fake news or new measurements??
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#904 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:34 pm

Who gives a fucck he is on Twitter. Right now, Knox prob playing Fortnight. A couple of tweets in a person day does not mean he is unfocused. Dude is a unheralded prospect from a small place. This is not some Kid that as beasting on AAU for 5 years.

Dude is happy to see people acknowledging him. To him this IS MOTIVATION. It means he accomplished a goal. The dude even said it when he got drafted. It was the first time that something happened to him that he wanted. Just shows you where he is coming from.
awy
Sixth Man

Post#905 » by awy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:43 pm

yea it's fine right now but i'm worried that malicious people online might bother him in the future like it did during the WKU days. he got into some arguments with random online trolls.

it's pretty common i guess but just for his own protection it's best to stay off it.
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#906 » by EchelonNYK » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:45 pm

SmoothLefty21 wrote:
EchelonNYK wrote:Love the kid. The number he selected is buns though.

I'm sure it'll change. Frank was #17 and KP was #46 for Summer League.

I think he wanted 23. But Burke owns it.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#907 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:50 pm

awy wrote:yea it's fine right now but i'm worried that malicious people online might bother him in the future like it did during the WKU days. he got into some arguments with random online trolls.

it's pretty common i guess but just for his own protection it's best to stay off it.

HS Kid vs Professional Pro. The NBA actually educates them on trolls. Its why its very rare you see fresh players in the NBA mention trolls back. Its usually players who have been around for a min and have cache. Im not worried about Mitchell at all.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#908 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:03 pm

Also Mitchell has been getting Trolled since he has been a Knick. Dumb Knick fans when he first got drafted were talking about how bad he interviews and he sounds slow etc in his comments. He paid it no mind.

Knick Fans were also mad and talking **** to him cause he did not put up any "Knick Pics" on his gram, and he simply responded with a Knick picture and kept it moving.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#909 » by F N 11 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:08 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:Also Mitchell has been getting Trolled since he has been a Knick. Dumb Knick fans when he first got drafted were talking about how bad he interviews and he sounds slow etc in his comments. He paid it no mind.

Knick Fans were also mad and talking **** to him cause he did not put up any "Knick Pics" on his gram, and he simply responded with a Knick picture and kept it moving.

The internet is straight Evil ask Frank and Melo. When you play bad knick fans would come for you on all platforms. We are in the middle of social media age where social media can even get you clapped and fans have direct access to players. Luckily Mitch seems like he dont give a chit. I seen some people saying he got tongue ring and dude took some questionable pics in the past. Just want him on the straight and narrow.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,805

Post#910 » by Spree2Houston » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:07 pm

K P 6 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:Also Mitchell has been getting Trolled since he has been a Knick. Dumb Knick fans when he first got drafted were talking about how bad he interviews and he sounds slow etc in his comments. He paid it no mind.

The internet is straight Evil ask Frank and Melo. When you play bad knick fans would come for you on all platforms. We are in the middle of social media age where social media can even get you clapped and fans have direct access to players. Luckily Mitch seems like he dont give a chit. I seen some people saying he got tongue ring and dude took some questionable pics in the past. Just want him on the straight and narrow.

Yeah I peeped his IG and he has some awkward photos lol I actually want him to be around Noah so he can help him with his social media image.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#911 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:17 pm

Young dudes is weird these days with social media. They dont have a filter on image. Melvin Frazier and SGA posted a very suspect video together before the draft in his Stories. SGA? let me just say was worst than anything Mitchell ever did with Snap/IG filters. Same with Melvin Frazier,he had another video he ended up taking down with his girl where he was waaaaay left field, cause people was saying he acting suspect. SGA even commented on the video like you acting fruity, but Melvin was just having fun in the video. Different Era man. That's all I'm going to say. :lol: :lol:
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,093

Post#912 » by Tron Carter » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:38 pm

he also had to deal with some backlash online after he left WKU. he's built for this, I'm not concerned.
R.I.P Black Mamba
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,483

Post#913 » by CharlesOakley » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:56 pm

I admit, I thought Mitchell was slow when I first saw him. I realize now, he just has a speech impediment and likes to keep his answers short. He seems to know what he needs to work on and has incredible defensive instincts. He is a lot less raw (even though he is raw) than I expected.
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#914 » by MP4LIFE » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:59 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
awy wrote:yea it's fine right now but i'm worried that malicious people online might bother him in the future like it did during the WKU days. he got into some arguments with random online trolls.

HS Kid vs Professional Pro. The NBA actually educates them on trolls. Its why its very rare you see fresh players in the NBA mention trolls back. Its usually players who have been around for a min and have cache. Im not worried about Mitchell at all.

Carmelo never got that training.
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,487

Post#915 » by HighRyzer83 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:13 pm

If Mitch was drafted 5th overall, all media would be in a buzz about the next great bigman fulfilling his potential. They're still sleeping on this dude. He dropped a double/double and 2blks on a bad night. Scary potential
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#916 » by MP4LIFE » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:20 pm

HighRyzer83 wrote:If Mitch was drafted 5th overall, all media would be in a buzz about the next great bigman fulfilling his potential. They're still sleeping on this dude. He dropped a double/double and 2blks on a bad night. Scary potential

He also had 9 fouls.

But yes, as the kid learns the game he will be great.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,914

Post#917 » by stuporman » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:25 pm

It's great that the Knicks locked him up for 3-4 years for very little, by the time he will be ready for an extension the Knicks should have the other 'star' players in the fold already and the money will be no issue.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,487

Post#918 » by HighRyzer83 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:31 pm

stuporman wrote:It's great that the Knicks locked him up for 3-4 years for very little, by the time he will be ready for an extension the Knicks should have the other 'star' players in the fold already and the money will be no issue.

Hopefully they can renegotiate the cap because every mediocre douche insists on getting the max nowadays. If knox becomes what they're saying, we will need to pay all 3 of them not including frank, free agents, or any other picks added later.
awy
Sixth Man

Post#919 » by awy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:42 am

love how he takes losses and misses personally. lots of chances to get motivated this season.

work on fundamentals and watch film. sky’s the limit.
ilovenewyork
Junior
And1: 29

Post#920 » by ilovenewyork » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:53 am

i see what you did there .. :lol:

Return to New York Knicks