ImageImageImageImageImage

Lowe Post Podcast: Rachel Nichols speculates that KD will sign with Knicks in 2019

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,654

Re: Lowe Post Podcast: Rachel Nichols speculates that KD will sign with Knicks in 2019 

Post#21 » by shtolky » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:53 pm

There seems to be more than just noise about this, and it's coming from people that know KD (Nichols, Simmons), but it's silly to really get excited about this given we haven't even started this upcoming season. Logically it actually doesn't seem too far fetched after what Lebron did (especially after what Lebron did) , but to get excited about this would be torture. I say we just focus on our good crop of rookies, Frank, and KP's health. Oh and trading Lee for an expiring so we can REALLY get excited about this thing.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,451

Re: Lowe Post Podcast: Rachel Nichols speculates that KD will sign with Knicks in 2019 

Post#22 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:00 pm

Plan for it as an option, but dont panic if it doesnt happen and also make sure we have good backup plans.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,608

Post#23 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,055

Post#24 » by Tron Carter » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:06 pm

signing kyrie over kd please stop melting my brain cells realgm knicks
R.I.P Black Mamba
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,834

Post#25 » by BowlRips » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:16 pm

shtolky wrote:There seems to be more than just noise about this, and it's coming from people that know KD (Nichols, Simmons), but it's silly to really get excited about this given we haven't even started this upcoming season. Logically it actually doesn't seem too far fetched after what Lebron did (especially after what Lebron did) , but to get excited about this would be torture. I say we just focus on our good crop of rookies, Frank, and KP's health. Oh and trading Lee for an expiring so we can REALLY get excited about this thing.

Yup. I think its important to shed Lee ASAP as it puts the Knicks in a position to say they have $33mil (a max slot) available and an option to get to $45mil by stretching Noah.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#26 » by ChaosHamster » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:20 pm

So they just speculating about what they think KD would want to do? When they specifically said no one in OKC organization, who was working with him for 10 years, felt like they knew him and what hes planning to do..

I mean, I have to admit that story of him bringing Knicks to relevance sounds cool. But you don't even know if KD is that guy. As for I'am concerned, dude would be scared to come here after he won all those chips, so he can have a chance to fail and be remembered as a looser.
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,654

Post#27 » by shtolky » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:20 pm

BowlRips wrote:
shtolky wrote:There seems to be more than just noise about this, and it's coming from people that know KD (Nichols, Simmons), but it's silly to really get excited about this given we haven't even started this upcoming season. Logically it actually doesn't seem too far fetched after what Lebron did (especially after what Lebron did) , but to get excited about this would be torture. I say we just focus on our good crop of rookies, Frank, and KP's health. Oh and trading Lee for an expiring so we can REALLY get excited about this thing.

Yup. I think its important to shed Lee ASAP as it puts the Knicks in a position to say they have $33mil (a max slot) available and an option to get to $45mil by stretching Noah.

I'm sure someone on this board has already done it, but what would our max cap room be if we dealt Lee for an expiring, stretched Noah, waived Lance, drafted a top 3-5 player in next year's draft, and waited until next summer to extend KP? Is it the 45m number? I was under the impression it would be higher.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,353

Post#28 » by F N 11 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:23 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
K P 6 wrote:KD also boys with Trier and Knox hmmm

Is he boyz with Knox to? I know Trier said they talk all the time but didn't know him and Knox talk or hang as well. There's no other free agent i'd want over KD and if we could get KD and Kyrie to take a little less then it's on.

Interview with hot 97 Knox was saying that’s his boy and even if he wasn’t on the Warriors he think he could win a chip by himself but people would doubt him but he believes in KD.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#29 » by taj2133 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:27 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Kevin durant went crazy for no reason.
nyczlegacy
Analyst
And1: 783

Post#30 » by nyczlegacy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:28 pm

**** this clown who really wants him on this team?
god shammgod wrote:didn't watch a minute. it feels good. might not watch more than a game or two for the rest of the season. there's nothing to see. our best player is a midget g-leaguer.
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,734

Post#31 » by Spree2Houston » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:28 pm

This would be AFTER KP signs his contract extension and not before it. His caphold is 16 million, so theoretically we would be looking at 17 million in capspace without making any moves. If we shed Lee's contract, then we're looking at roughly 30 million in cap. We can also make the 30 million cap by stretching Noah and not having to trade Lee.
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,834

Post#32 » by BowlRips » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:29 pm

shtolky wrote:
BowlRips wrote:

I'm sure someone on this board has already done it, but what would our max cap room be if we dealt Lee for an expiring, stretched Noah, waived Lance, drafted a top 3-5 player in next year's draft, and waited until next summer to extend KP? Is it the 45m number? I was under the impression it would be higher.

It’s 45mil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,782

Post#33 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:33 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

KD and Berman/Isola should get along really well if he comes here. :D
Newyorknick94
Head Coach
And1: 2,518

Post#34 » by Newyorknick94 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:35 pm

We don’t need kd we got kk

Na but for real if we can get Kemba and kd

Kemba
Frank
Knox
Kd
Kp

Oh my
Legends BAT
G - Penny Hardaway/Mike Bibby
G - Gilbert Arenas / Monta Ellis
F - Julius Erving/John Starks
F - Chris bosh/Danny Granger
C - Dikembe Mutombo
awy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,341

Post#35 » by awy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:37 pm

kd should commission an AI to crawl for negative comments and autoreply to them with generative text citing advanced stats.
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#36 » by Dantares » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:38 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

stuff like this makes me think he is mentally weak and soft. nobody is fooled by your 2 championship rings, you joined a superteam. I don't put KD above guys like stockton and malone or ewing even though they never won a championship.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,871

Post#37 » by KnixinSix » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:39 pm

Mecca wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:Before anyone takes what i say out of context i would be ecstatic with KD as a Knick BUT....As stupid as this is going to sound i prefer Kyrie to KD. KD will be 30+ next season and i dont think we would have the requisite pieces around him to win the title and i dont really want to see us trade away Frank and Knox for vets to go all in for 2-3 years right now. Kyrie will still be 27-28 next year and we can continue to grow with him. He was an mvp candidate last year before the injury and admittedly im a sucker for the hometown kid coming home... Also i think he fits our team slightly better. Basically i think Kyrie sets us up for more sustained success than KD would. Id be happy with either or both obviously though.

So do I.

Like Kyrie alot but KD is less injury prone and a top 3-5 player in the Entire NBA who also can play some defense. I want a team that can contend with the Super teams. KD gives us a better chance than Kyrie.

Obviously if we strike out though on Durant he is not a bad consolation prize but Kawhi and maybe even Butler would be next on my list because of high offensive combined with defensive versatility.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#38 » by blanko » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:41 pm

If the warriors win easily and KD 3 peats. He will try to 4 peat, something even Mike couldnt do. If we get kyrieand we look like a winner, he may sign with us in 2020

Why would he give up the chance to make history?

Sent from my LGM-V300K using Tapatalk
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,051

Post#39 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:48 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:Before anyone takes what i say out of context i would be ecstatic with KD as a Knick BUT....As stupid as this is going to sound i prefer Kyrie to KD. KD will be 30+ next season and i dont think we would have the requisite pieces around him to win the title and i dont really want to see us trade away Frank and Knox for vets to go all in for 2-3 years right now. Kyrie will still be 27-28 next year and we can continue to grow with him. He was an mvp candidate last year before the injury and admittedly im a sucker for the hometown kid coming home... Also i think he fits our team slightly better. Basically i think Kyrie sets us up for more sustained success than KD would. Id be happy with either or both obviously though.

Kyries knee says what up dude!!! :o
:beer: RIP mags
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#40 » by DowNY » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:49 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:So they just speculating about what they think KD would want to do? When they specifically said no one in OKC organization, who was working with him for 10 years, felt like they knew him and what hes planning to do..

I mean, I have to admit that story of him bringing Knicks to relevance sounds cool. But you don't even know if KD is that guy. As for I'am concerned, dude would be scared to come here after he won all those chips, so he can have a chance to fail and be remembered as a looser.

He's becoming here with most likely 3 rings. Don't think he'd care about "failing" too much. Don't think he would fail either with Knox and Porzingis taking strides. KD being #1 option with Knox & KP rotating between 2nd & 3rd option can be great. He wouldn't be remembered as a loser if he came here regardless of results. He'd be remembered for them Warriors titles. Same way Lebron won't be remembered for Lakers failures if he doesn't succeed.

I actually don't doubt if Lebron & KD planned this. Throw a wrench in the balance of the NBA. I mean, KD leaving the Warriors benefits Lebron, especially if the Lakers get Kawhi in the same summer KD comes here.
Lebron leaving the East opened things up for KD to lead his own team and them both picking the top 2 markets benefits the NBA greatly in general.

Return to New York Knicks