ImageImageImageImageImage

Lowe Post Podcast: Rachel Nichols speculates that KD will sign with Knicks in 2019

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,175

Re: Lowe Post Podcast: Rachel Nichols speculates that KD will sign with Knicks in 2019 

Post#41 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:03 pm

Knox is basically a KD clone, so is having two KD's in the starting line-up actually something that can work?

One has years of prime time ahead of them, the first few years at low cost while the other costs you the farm without filling a position of need.
ImageImageImage
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Re: Lowe Post Podcast: Rachel Nichols speculates that KD will sign with Knicks in 2019 

Post#42 » by levendis » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:07 pm

KD is better than Kyrie will ever be (though Kyrie fits this team perfectly), and despite the fact he's 5 years older than him I'd bet on Kyrie breaking down before he does
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#43 » by Marty McFly » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:08 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:Knox is basically a KD clone, so is having two KD's in the starting line-up actually something that can work?

One has years of prime time ahead of them, the first few years at low cost while the other costs you the farm without filling a position of need.

Kp is kd lite too.

If we can sign him by all means.

Knicks might need new branding though.

Bring on the New York UKnickorns.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,957

Post#44 » by Capn'O » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:09 pm

Durant???

BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#45 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:12 pm

Capn'O wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Perfect

ImageImageImage
awy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,341

Post#46 » by awy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:16 pm

a lot of kd's value is the efficiency of his scoring. knox may try some of the same moves but he won't be as efficient as kd. it's just what it is.

the fit is enbled by frank's defensive versatility and the length of the entire lineup. you probably need a guy like de'anthony melton or cam reddish at the 2 to really make it work though.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#47 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:28 pm

awy wrote:a lot of kd's value is the efficiency of his scoring. knox may try some of the same moves but he won't be as efficient as kd. it's just what it is.

the fit is enbled by frank's defensive versatility and the length of the entire lineup. you probably need a guy like de'anthony melton or cam reddish at the 2 to really make it work though.

That's awfully presumptuous. You have no way of knowing that though. Durant has an elite career 49% FG. He is 38.4% career from three which is very good, but not god-like. Knox already is displaying a soft touch from deep. Plus Knox looks like he is going to feast on the the free throw line as well which is a big part of efficiency that doesn't show up in FG %.
ImageImageImage
awy
Sixth Man

Post#48 » by awy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:39 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
awy wrote:a lot of kd's value is the efficiency of his scoring. knox may try some of the same moves but he won't be as efficient as kd. it's just what it is.

That's awfully presumptuous. You have no way of knowing that though. Durant has an elite career 49% FG. He is 38.4% career from three which is very good, but not god-like. Knox already is displaying a soft touch from deep. Plus Knox looks like he is going to feast on the the free throw line as well which is a big part of efficiency that doesn't show up in FG %.
kd's isolation efficiency is absurd. he usually is the guy who need to bail out possessions. it's different from efficiency numbers for spot up shooters. check his ppp on isos.
i mean if knox is as efficient as kd over the relevant time horizon (next 4 years) he'd be in the greatest ever conversation, and you could make that fit work.

he can be a good shooter and cutter etc with kd on the team.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#49 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:53 pm

awy wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

kd's isolation efficiency is absurd. he usually is the guy who need to bail out possessions. it's different from efficiency numbers for spot up shooters. check his ppp on isos.
i mean if knox is as efficient as kd over the relevant time horizon (next 4 years) he'd be in the greatest ever conversation, and you could make that fit work.

I wouldn't even begin to argue against KD working on this team, because I know it would be a lot of firepower and length. It would simply be unprecedented to have KD and his clone on the floor together.

Mostly, I was addressing your assertion that Knox could not reach KD's efficiency level. Not saying he will, but there is no way to be sure either way.

Anyway, KD & 2K together is an unusual lineup with KP.
ImageImageImage
sol537
RealGM
And1: 4,906

Post#50 » by sol537 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:00 pm

KP - KD - Knox - Frank

If you put a bull dog penetrating PG with those guys... wow!
QBoro KnicksFan
Junior
And1: 432

Post#51 » by QBoro KnicksFan » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:04 pm

Abt as realistic as the Bron to the Knicks rumors in 2010 and again just recently in 2018

Always get attached to these big names just to get spurned by them when they dont even take a phone call from us

Lets just continue to build thru the draft. Honestly more concerned abt developing our guys and hitting on another lottery pick next season then worrying abt which big name FA will diss us next......would rather wait on the 2021 FA class anyway
awy
Sixth Man

Post#52 » by awy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:09 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
awy wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

I wouldn't even begin to argue against KD working on this team, because I know it would be a lot of firepower and length. It would simply be unprecedented to have KD and his clone on the floor together.

Mostly, I was addressing your assertion that Knox could not reach KD's efficiency level. Not saying he will, but there is no way to be sure either way.

Anyway, KD & 2K together is an unusual lineup with KP.
i was just talking about early in knox's career, when being on the same team as kd is relevant. he may reach better efficiency later on but that'd be probably 4+ years out when kd won't be in the league anymore
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Post#53 » by whocares1 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:16 pm

Dantares wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

stuff like this makes me think he is mentally weak and soft. nobody is fooled by your 2 championship rings, you joined a superteam. I don't put KD above guys like stockton and malone or ewing even though they never won a championship.

Lol.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,604

Post#54 » by stuporman » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:21 pm

Team unicorn...... KP-KD-2K-Frank-Mitch
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#55 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:33 pm

stuporman wrote:Team unicorn...... KP-KD-2K-Frank-Mitch

I guess that team's stans will be called Unitards
ImageImageImage
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,048

Post#56 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:35 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:

That would be the detractors...
:beer: RIP mags
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,604

Post#57 » by stuporman » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:36 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:

You will be a unitard and like it.... no wait..... you will love it! :lol:
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
New Knicks
Junior
And1: 190

Post#58 » by New Knicks » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:52 pm

We never learn no one will save us until we save ourselves. Meaning let’s make our own star player and then they will come. If Knox becomes a Star next year and Prozingis back 100% then yes maybe a big name will come. But most likely Knox will need time and we should give it to him. Let’s just keep playing the young kids next year bring back MARIO and go after Rozier. Then have a young team and keep growing
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,444

Post#59 » by Context » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:55 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:Before anyone takes what i say out of context i would be ecstatic with KD as a Knick BUT....As stupid as this is going to sound i prefer Kyrie to KD. KD will be 30+ next season and i dont think we would have the requisite pieces around him to win the title and i dont really want to see us trade away Frank and Knox for vets to go all in for 2-3 years right now. Kyrie will still be 27-28 next year and we can continue to grow with him. He was an mvp candidate last year before the injury and admittedly im a sucker for the hometown kid coming home... Also i think he fits our team slightly better. Basically i think Kyrie sets us up for more sustained success than KD would. Id be happy with either or both obviously though.

Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#60 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:25 pm

Lol KD is such a brat. Why isn't he happy in GS? He's probably bored out of his skull but unhappy? Why?
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,

Return to New York Knicks