ImageImageImageImageImage

Pick 36: Knicks Draft Mitchell Robinson - Pg 97-8 - Block Ness Monster catching on

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,024

Re: Pick 36: We finally got our mitchell Welcome to the knicks 

Post#941 » by stuporman » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:29 pm

Mitchell >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Willy
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,942

Post#942 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:53 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:yo... our frontcourt kinda lit right now with these young freaks.

We're so much more athletic now with Knox, Mitchell and Porzingis frontcourt. I hope we can get Reddish next summer to add, and Jimmy / Kyrie bring their talents to Manhattan.

we probably won't be that bad
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#943 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:54 pm

Ray Williams wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:Our FC has tremendous potential. Knox/KP/Robinson could be a dominating trio. Frank being a pass first, great defender will actually be a plus. I hope Hezonja can fit in with these 4. That's about as long as you get for a lineup. Defense. Offense. Fast breaks. Oh my.

and honestly... THJ makes complete sense as the scoring guard with this group.

I'd rather see us pick up someone to start alongside Frank in the backcourt and have the Michigan connection come off the bench, Timmy and Trey. They should be able to kill opposing benches backcourts.

MRob
KP
Knox
Frank
? PG or SG depending on how we want to use Frank

? 4/5
Mario both F spots
THJ
Trey

2019: I'd resign Mario to back up both forward spots, and we need a guard to start alongside Frank,
and a 4/5 to backup MRob (KP also getting some minutes there).
We have a probable lottery pick and capspace to fill those 2 holes.
Depending on how well we fill one of those spots in free agency, we could be ready to make some noise with that 9 man rotation.

it would probably go that way if our big FA would be a guard. frank stays a starter and tim and trey come off the bench. that is, if we retain trey. he'll need to get paid too if he keeps his play up.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Re: Pick 36: Knicks Draft Mitchell Robinson welcome to the block party 

Post#944 » by Phish Tank » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:27 pm

Look I love what I'm seeing from Mitch.

But let's come to a general agreement that he still has a long ways to go before even cracking serious minutes in the rotation.

We're talking a combination of offensive fundamentals, defensive fundamentals, strength, composure, all of that stuff.

I think we have a gem, but he has a lot of work ahead of him to be a serious player in any rotation or averaging double doubles, etc.
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#945 » by boomann21 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:52 pm

We ended up with Emanuel Mudiay(Doug Mcdermot trade), Enes Kanter, and Mitchell Robinson for a washed up Carmelo Anthony. OKC couldn't even trade his expiring contract for any assets. That was pretty shrewd moves by Steve Mills on that one. They can still trade Kanter's contract at the trade deadline for even more goodies.
boomann21
RealGM

Post#946 » by boomann21 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:54 pm

SmoothLefty21 wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

That sequence was insane. I'm not sure everyone realizes just how special that **** is.

boomann21
RealGM

Post#947 » by boomann21 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:56 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:Young dudes is weird these days with social media. They dont have a filter on image. Melvin Frazier and SGA posted a very suspect video together before the draft in his Stories. SGA? let me just say was worst than anything Mitchell ever did with Snap/IG filters. Same with Melvin Frazier,he had another video he ended up taking down with his girl where he was waaaaay left field, cause people was saying he acting suspect. SGA even commented on the video like you acting fruity, but Melvin was just having fun in the video. Different Era man. That's all I'm going to say. :lol: :lol:

awy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,341

Post#948 » by awy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:04 am

it depends on his bandwidth and learning speed but id really like to see him work on his game at the nba level.

it helps with the tank and lets him learn to respond to actual nba level offenses. get him to live with frank and learn from him, just work on pnr defense and practice good verticality etc for the first year.

think about it this way, would he learn better habits and more nuances playing and communicating with frank, or with trier?
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#949 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:00 am

Phish Tank wrote:Look I love what I'm seeing from Mitch.

But let's come to a general agreement that he still has a long ways to go before even cracking serious minutes in the rotation.

We're talking a combination of offensive fundamentals, defensive fundamentals, strength, composure, all of that stuff.

I think we have a gem, but he has a lot of work ahead of him to be a serious player in any rotation or averaging double doubles, etc.

He needs polish for sure but it's debatable how much g league is going to help. He's way too athletic so he might just coast on that too much in G-league and dominate. Whereas at NBA level he will face the challenges he specifically needs to work on. I would prefer he only be given a short run in G-league just to shake more of that rust off then you bring him right up.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#950 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:54 am

I highly doubt dude goes to the Gleague. I dont care how "raw" he is. Im confident he shows enough by training camp that he is a bench player from day one withe club. Dude is a Live body and I am pretty sure Fiz wants to keep him close. If KP was on the roster maybe, but he not. Like Fiz said ALREADY. He prefers to throw Rookies in the Fire. he knows it speeds up the learning.
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

Post#951 » by Jose7 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:58 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:yo... our frontcourt kinda lit right now with these young freaks.

BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,493

Post#952 » by j4remi » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:05 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:I highly doubt dude goes to the Gleague. I dont care how "raw" he is. Im confident he shows enough by training camp that he is a bench player from day one withe club. Dude is a Live body and I am pretty sure Fiz wants to keep him close. If KP was on the roster maybe, but he not. Like Fiz said ALREADY. He prefers to throw Rookies in the Fire. He knows he knows it speeds up the learning.

The only thing I see limiting him will be foul trouble early.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

Post#953 » by Jose7 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:11 pm

j4remi wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:I highly doubt dude goes to the Gleague. I dont care how "raw" he is. Im confident he shows enough by training camp that he is a bench player from day one withe club. Dude is a Live body and I am pretty sure Fiz wants to keep him close. If KP was on the roster maybe, but he not. Like Fiz said ALREADY. He prefers to throw Rookies in the Fire. He knows he knows it speeds up the learning.

The only thing I see limiting him will be foul trouble early.

For sure. In the development stage as he's likely to transition from the bench, we all hope he gets to use all the 6 fouls lol..he's ultra aggressive on defense and its going to be a lot of up and downs as he gets reps vs the best of the best.
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#954 » by Dr. Detfink » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:32 pm

Kaiju Weight Class:
Anthony Davis: 253 lbs
KA-Towns: 248 lbs

2018 Big Men Class:
DeAndre Ayton: 260 lbs
Mo Bamba: 225 lbs
Mitchell Robinson: 225 lbs

Now, Ayton DESTROYED Mo Bamba. It was so definitive that Ayton wore Mo’s manhood as a necklace. Folks, that Summer League where Ayton toyed with bum.

If this was the NBA season, Mitchell Robinson is going to get shoved around like a paper doll. The smartest thing the Knicks can do, send him overseas under an alias like “Ron Mexico” to develop. It’s more competitive in Europe vs the G-League.

A big part of why guys who defend down low pick up quick fouls is due to the fact, they can’t take the pounding and hold position.

Don’t get me wrong, I like the kid and his scowl. I just think he needs a couple seasons to grow into that body.
Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Post#955 » by Cookies4Life » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:42 pm

Robinson is ready to contribute now, I don't understand this G-league talk at all. This was his ranking from just a year ago, a voting system that was compiled by a few "reputable" websites that ranked the top tier HS basketball players:

https://sites.google.com/site/rscihoops/2017-final

It's not like the kid sustained a career threatening injury, he just didn't play last season. Knox had an average season at Kentucky and was taken in the top 10, imagine what Robinson would've done at Western Kentucky had he decided to play there. Now also imagine if he didn't have an ankle sprain leading into the combine and was able to show the scouts his physical attributes and freakish athleticism. It's very hard for me to believe he wouldn't have been a sure fire first rounder.

Had the guy played at Western Kentucky, he could've been a lottery pick. He definitely needs work, but he's not as raw as some are making him out to be. His motor and effort alone should have him see regular minutes at some point next year. It's not like this team is filled with talent at the 4 and 5 spots anyway.

Next year is a throw away year, it's the perfect opportunity for all the young guys- including Mitchell- to get a good amount of minutes. I can see him contributing 15-20 minutes regularly. His ability to defend the perimeter could make him a wonderful 4-5 hybrid for now while he builds on his frame.
awy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,341

Post#956 » by awy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:04 pm

he can help tank like 20 games while putting up highlights. think of the highlights.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,024

Post#957 » by stuporman » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:38 pm

Mitch will be in the rotation from opening night and you will like it..... no wait..... you will love it!
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#958 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:39 pm

Jose7 wrote:

they will never let your spirits down
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#959 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:39 pm

stuporman wrote:Mitch will be in the rotation from opening night and you will like it..... no wait..... you will love it!

inshallah
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#960 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:41 pm

Cookies4Life wrote:Robinson is ready to contribute now, I don't understand this G-league talk at all. This was his ranking from just a year ago, a voting system that was compiled by a few "reputable" websites that ranked the top tier HS basketball players:

https://sites.google.com/site/rscihoops/2017-final

It's not like the kid sustained a career threatening injury, he just didn't play last season. Knox had an average season at Kentucky and was taken in the top 10, imagine what Robinson would've done at Western Kentucky had he decided to play there. Now also imagine if he didn't have an ankle sprain leading into the combine and was able to show the scouts his physical attributes and freakish athleticism. It's very hard for me to believe he wouldn't have been a sure fire first rounder.

Had the guy played at Western Kentucky, he could've been a lottery pick. He definitely needs work, but he's not as raw as some are making him out to be. His motor and effort alone should have him see regular minutes at some point next year. It's not like this team is filled with talent at the 4 and 5 spots anyway.

Next year is a throw away year, it's the perfect opportunity for all the young guys- including Mitchell- to get a good amount of minutes. I can see him contributing 15-20 minutes regularly. His ability to defend the perimeter could make him a wonderful 4-5 hybrid for now while he builds on his frame.

IMO mitch should be backing up kanter from day one. and if we trade kanter he should either be starting or backing up KP at the 5.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.

Return to New York Knicks