ImageImageImageImageImage

Lowe Post Podcast: Rachel Nichols speculates that KD will sign with Knicks in 2019

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,636

Re: Lowe Post Podcast: Rachel Nichols speculates that KD will sign with Knicks in 2019 

Post#61 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:31 pm

Free Palestine
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,890

Re: Lowe Post Podcast: Rachel Nichols speculates that KD will sign with Knicks in 2019 

Post#62 » by KnixinSix » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:35 pm

Tall Ball:

Mitchell
KP
KD
Knox
Frank

Stretch Offense:

KP
KD
Knox
ThJ
Frank/Burke

:nod:
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,903

Post#63 » by cgf » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:42 pm

AD / Mitch / KP
KP / Mitch / KD
KD / Knox
Knox / '19 1st
Frank / '19 1st

Future NBA champions, the New York U-knick-orns!
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,244

Post#64 » by TheGreenArrow » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:44 pm

We dont need kd...

Frank
2019 top5 pick
Knox
Kp
Mitch

Lets gooooo!!!!!!!
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#65 » by newyorker4ever » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:44 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Image

Don't do what? This?

Kevin Durant Rumors: Knicks to Pitch Warriors Star When He Hits Free Agency

The New York Knicks are reportedly seeking to secure a pitch meeting with superstar forward Kevin Durant if he opts out of his contract with the Golden State Warriors to become an unrestricted free agent in 2019.

On Wednesday, Zach Lowe of ESPN.com reported even people around Durant aren't sure about his future and it's unclear whether he'd consider a Knicks franchise that's struggle to compete in recent years but noted "you're kidding yourselves if you don't think New York will try" to sign him.

The Knicks have failed to qualify for the playoffs in each of the past five seasons, and the 2018-19 season could present more trying times with franchise cornerstone Kristaps Porzingis facing an uncertain return date after suffering a torn ACL in February.

New York's fortunes could change next summer, though.

Along with Durant, ESPN's Ian Begley reported last week Boston Celtics point guard Kyrie Irving is expected to "give the Knicks consideration next summer if he tests free agency."

Irving and Minnesota Timberwolves shooting guard Jimmy Butler are also "still trying to figure out a way to play together" somewhere in the Eastern Conference, per Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times.

Knicks head coach David Fizdale isn't allowed to discuss any specific scenarios regarding players signed to other teams, but he admitted the franchise is looking toward next summer.

"For sure," Fizdale told reporters. "We knew coming into this July there wasn't a lot of money to spend. We wanted to be real strategic with who we went after and if it fit the kind of guys we wanted to have here."

He added: "And as we get our culture in place, [Porzingis] gets healthy, we start moving into next summer, I really feel like we'll have the bricks in place to make some big moves."

If the Knicks can get any two of Durant, Irving and Butler to play alongside a healthy Porzingis and promising rookie Kevin Knox, the organization's fortunes could change in a New York minute.

The front office will need to make a convincing case to sell those stars on the team's future, though.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#66 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:34 am

newyorker4ever wrote:

Don't do what? This?

The New York Knicks are reportedly seeking to secure a pitch meeting with superstar forward Kevin Durant if he opts out of his contract with the Golden State Warriors to become an unrestricted free agent in 2019.

On Wednesday, Zach Lowe of ESPN.com reported even people around Durant aren't sure about his future and it's unclear whether he'd consider a Knicks franchise that's struggle to compete in recent years but noted "you're kidding yourselves if you don't think New York will try" to sign him.

The Knicks have failed to qualify for the playoffs in each of the past five seasons, and the 2018-19 season could present more trying times with franchise cornerstone Kristaps Porzingis facing an uncertain return date after suffering a torn ACL in February.

Along with Durant, ESPN's Ian Begley reported last week Boston Celtics point guard Kyrie Irving is expected to "give the Knicks consideration next summer if he tests free agency."

Irving and Minnesota Timberwolves shooting guard Jimmy Butler are also "still trying to figure out a way to play together" somewhere in the Eastern Conference, per Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times.

Knicks head coach David Fizdale isn't allowed to discuss any specific scenarios regarding players signed to other teams, but he admitted the franchise is looking toward next summer.

"For sure," Fizdale told reporters. "We knew coming into this July there wasn't a lot of money to spend. We wanted to be real strategic with who we went after and if it fit the kind of guys we wanted to have here."

He added: "And as we get our culture in place, [Porzingis] gets healthy, we start moving into next summer, I really feel like we'll have the bricks in place to make some big moves."

If the Knicks can get any two of Durant, Irving and Butler to play alongside a healthy Porzingis and promising rookie Kevin Knox, the organization's fortunes could change in a New York minute.

The front office will need to make a convincing case to sell those stars on the team's future, though.

I'm not against the idea of signing KD though I really haven't thought about it much at this moment. I'm more concerned about seeing development in our young guns and getting KP back healthy. That said, I'm not going down that foxhole one whole year before anything even remotely close to this begins to happen.

What's the point?

:lol: Were you here back in 2010?
Free Palestine
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#67 » by GEOLINK » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:44 am

Didn't KD not even want to meet the Knicks the last time he was doing meetings before he signed with GS?
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#68 » by KnixinSix » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:04 am

GEOLINK wrote:Didn't KD not even want to meet the Knicks the last time he was doing meetings before he signed with GS?

Lots of different factors at play on both sides of the fence now. Knicks have a solid chance.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#69 » by GEOLINK » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:05 am

KnixinSix wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:Didn't KD not even want to meet the Knicks the last time he was doing meetings before he signed with GS?

Lots of different factors at play on both sides of the fence now. Knicks have a solid chance.

Yeah, you're right. We don't have that stench of Phil Jackson anymore. So that helps tremendously.
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#70 » by KnixinSix » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:08 am

GEOLINK wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:

Yeah, you're right. We don't have that stench of Phil Jackson anymore. So that helps tremendously.

Yes thats certainly one of the factors.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#71 » by newyorker4ever » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:25 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Don't do what? This?

I'm not against the idea of signing KD though I really haven't thought about it much at this moment. I'm more concerned about seeing development in our young guns and getting KP back healthy. That said, I'm not going down that foxhole one whole year before anything even remotely close to this begins to happen.

What's the point?

Well geesh, you don't have to yell at me.... :cry:
awy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,341

Post#72 » by awy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:33 am

knicks are not doing anything different or irreversibly bad by entertaining kd in ther plans. they are going to try to clear cap space anyway.

only thing would be stretching noah or something but thats not kd specific
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,254

Post#73 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:38 am

GEOLINK wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:

ImageImageImage
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,181

Post#74 » by Garbagelo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:38 am

We didn't suffer for 20+ years for a low life like Kevin Durant.

I want us to become a basketball machine worthy of the title "Mecca of Basketball"

I want to become the franchise that everyone wants to go to but no one really gets to come because they are not worthy

Why settle for anything else?

20+ years of pure garbage should give us 50+ years of basketball utopia
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#75 » by GEOLINK » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:41 am

Damn Durant is going to be 30 next year?...
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#76 » by GEOLINK » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:42 am

Garbagelo wrote:We didn't suffer for 20+ years for a low life like Kevin Durant.

I want us to become a basketball machine worthy of the title "Mecca of Basketball"

I want to become the franchise that everyone wants to go to but no one really gets to come because they are not worthy

So what exactly do you want?
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,254

Post#77 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:42 am

Garbagelo wrote:We didn't suffer for 20+ years for a low life like Kevin Durant.

What is this about KD being a low life?

Because he went to GS?
ImageImageImage
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#78 » by KnixinSix » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:48 am

Wow talk about irrational, over-reactive judgement. I want a championship and KD just like every one of us is not perfect. However he is on the court quite the basketball player and would be a monstrous addition. You need to be honest with yourself: It's Very unlikely we beat the Super Teams without a top max cat added to the mix. I would rather have a championship than competing but ultimately failing with a more 'likeable' team.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#79 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:50 am

newyorker4ever wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Don't do what? This?

What's the point?

I'm sorry. You're one of my favorites. I had a bad day at the office. And the Mets are really beating me down lately. Causing me to drink a wee bit too much.
Free Palestine
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#80 » by reub » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:09 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

What's the point?

I'm sorry. You're one of my favorites. I'd had a bad day at the office. And the Mets are really beating me down lately. Causing me to drink a wee bit too much.

You always hurt the ones you love.

Return to New York Knicks