2018 Free Agency and Trade Discussion continued

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Re: 2018 Free Agency and Trade Discussion continued 

Post#461 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:29 am

I don't understand why the Raptors would sell the farm for Kawhi. Toronto is far from where he's indicated he wants to be, hell it's in a different country. And the Raptors are still in that mix of Sixers and Celtics for the ECF crown now that Lebron has moved West. If they are trying to move DD then maybe a young player who will stay longer than a year might be a better get?

Someone explain it to me please
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#462 » by BobbieL » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:46 am

lilfishi22 wrote:I don't understand why the Raptors would sell the farm for Kawhi. Toronto is far from where he's indicated he wants to be, hell it's in a different country. And the Raptors are still in that mix of Sixers and Celtics for the ECF crown now that Lebron has moved West. If they are trying to move DD then maybe a young player who will stay longer than a year might be a better get?

I would need to see what the deal is first. Draft picks might not be great. Granted this could be an Ainge v King deal and in a few years, Raptors are terrible and Spurs get picks
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,467

Post#463 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:20 am

lilfishi22 wrote:I don't understand why the Raptors would sell the farm for Kawhi. Toronto is far from where he's indicated he wants to be, hell it's in a different country. And the Raptors are still in that mix of Sixers and Celtics for the ECF crown now that Lebron has moved West. If they are trying to move DD then maybe a young player who will stay longer than a year might be a better get?

DeRozan has always wanted to play in LA and is a FA in 20 if he opts out....so he is likely a guy that will bolt. That is part of it.
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,359

Post#464 » by AtheJ415 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:28 am

Waylay13 wrote:
AtheJ415 wrote:In fact, I'd go this far, the 2 FAs who could help this Suns team the least are Marcus Smart and Rajon Rondo.

You do understand that the Suns are going to try to run a 4 out offense with everyone but Ayton be able to hit the 3? Both Smart and Rondo are very poor outside shooting threats. To top that off Rondo is toxic in the lockroom backed by multiple reports and at most teams only being willing to give him single year contracts. So no I wouldnt touch them at all.

Pretty sure you misread my post.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#465 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:32 am

Fair enough. Bobbie is right. It's all about what's included in the deal.
Gorilla Warfare
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,323

Post#466 » by Gorilla Warfare » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:51 am

IT went from a potential MVP candidate to a 1-year veteran minimum contract in less than 2 years.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#467 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:55 am

Gorilla Warfare wrote:IT went from a potential MVP candidate to a 1-year veteran minimum contract in less than 2 years.

Brad Stevens is a God
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#468 » by DirtyDez » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:16 am

Read on Twitter

Plz no Schroder to PHX.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#469 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:44 am

DirtyDez wrote:
Read on Twitter

Plz no Schroder to PHX.

Mischa
Junior
And1: 169

Post#470 » by Mischa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:17 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Gorilla Warfare wrote:IT went from a potential MVP candidate to a 1-year veteran minimum contract in less than 2 years.

Brad Stevens is a God

I was absolutely screaming for Indiana to make the move after year three of the Tom Crean era (which was one of the most horrifying coaching jobs I have ever seen).

Stevens was coming off his second national title game, along with his 84% winning percentage, his dismantling of Wisconsin and Michigan State in the tourney, his over 90% winning percentage with four days to prep, every team he's led has gotten better as the year went on, etc...He was so obvious it just killed me as a fan that we didn't have the leadership to recognize and make the tough but right decision.

IU has talkers not doers facts
Going hard with a new lease on life!
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,889

Post#471 » by TeamTragic » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:34 am

bwgood77 wrote:

DeRozan has always wanted to play in LA and is a FA in 20 if he opts out....so he is likely a guy that will bolt. That is part of it.

Pretty good chance that DeRozan will team up with LeBron. Kawhi worth the risk as their only other option would be a rebuild.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#472 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:37 am

GoranTragic wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Pretty good chance that DeRozan will team up with LeBron. Kawhi worth the risk when they are getting ready to rebuild.

Is it though? Seems like they are going to have to give up more than they are getting back. If we assume both DD and Kawhi are definitely leaving, then what's the point? Wouldn't it make more sense to move DD for young rebuilding assets? I just think any DD for Kawhi deal would see more assets going back to San Antonio than to Toronto
TeamTragic
General Manager

Post#473 » by TeamTragic » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:50 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
GoranTragic wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Pretty good chance that DeRozan will team up with LeBron. Kawhi worth the risk when they are getting ready to rebuild.

Is it though? Seems like they are going to have to give up more than they are getting back. If we assume both DD and Kawhi are definitely leaving, then what's the point? Wouldn't it make more sense to move DD for young rebuilding assets? I just think any DD for Kawhi deal would see more assets going back to San Antonio than to Toronto

Maybe LeBron prefers DeRozan. Most likely because the third letter in their first names are capitalized.
PhxLax
Junior
And1: 295

Post#474 » by PhxLax » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:57 am

DirtyDez wrote:
Read on Twitter

Plz no Schroder to PHX.

Why would Schroeder to Phoenix happen?

Also, legit serious, not trying to be funny or argue... What's the knock on Schroeder? Not really followed him much except looks like he got nice stats maybe?
PhxLax
Junior
And1: 295

Post#475 » by PhxLax » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:59 am

lilfishi22 wrote:

Brad Stevens is a God

Is it that? Or maybe IT a master at deflating his value by getting injured often and/or just not caring to play well anymore?
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#476 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:06 am

GoranTragic wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
GoranTragic wrote:

Maybe LeBron prefers DeRozan. Most likely because the third letter in their first names are capitalized.

No I mean from Toronto's perspective. Is Kawhi really worth the risk for trading their likely"best trade chip? Is Kawhi who you really want knowing that he's indicated he wants to go to LA
TOO
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,310

Post#477 » by TOO » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:07 am

PhxLax wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Read on Twitter

Plz no Schroder to PHX.

Why would Schroeder to Phoenix happen?

Also, legit serious, not trying to be funny or argue... What's the knock on Schroeder? Not really followed him much except looks like he got nice stats maybe?

Fairly certain he's has assault charges pending, and he offers nothing that Knight doesn't already do.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#478 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:10 am

PhxLax wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:

Brad Stevens is a God

Is it that? Or maybe IT a master at deflating his value by getting injured often and/or just not caring to play well anymore?

Considering Stevens is the *only* coach to have ever been able to adequately hide the massive defensive liability that is a 5'8 PG while maximizing his offensive abilities and put him in the MVP conversation, I think Stevens has near God status as a coach.

Why would IT not care to play well? Does he HATE money?
TeamTragic
General Manager

Post#479 » by TeamTragic » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:14 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
GoranTragic wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Is it though? Seems like they are going to have to give up more than they are getting back. If we assume both DD and Kawhi are definitely leaving, then what's the point? Wouldn't it make more sense to move DD for young rebuilding assets? I just think any DD for Kawhi deal would see more assets going back to San Antonio than to Toronto

No I mean from Toronto's perspective. Is Kawhi really worth the risk for trading their likely"best trade chip? Is Kawhi who you really want knowing that he's indicated he wants to go to LA

I don't think you are understanding. DeRozan leaves next offseason and the Raptors get nothing back.

Trade him now and they get a shot at convincing Kawhi that he should resign. If he doesn't resign then they start their rebuild.

That is worth the risk if they think that Kawhi puts them in the finals.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#480 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:19 am

GoranTragic wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
GoranTragic wrote:

I don't think you are understanding. DeRozan leaves next offseason and the Raptors get nothing back.

Trade him now and they get a shot at convincing Kawhi that he should resign. If he doesn't resign then they start their rebuild.

No, I get that he's probably gonna go. I'm asking why wouldn't the Raps look at moving him for a young player with some potential, under contract and hasn't talked about wanting to play as well in his last season of his deal, you know the usual rebuilding type assets over a guy you know has probably the same chance of bailing and Raptors get nothing either?

It's like if you knew Booker probably wants to play somewhere else next season and didn't sign an extension to stick around, do you trade him (and likely 1 or 2 other valuable assets) for Kawhi Leonard with full knowledge that Kawhi has already indicated he wanted to play in LA? OR do you trade Book to another team for a lesser player but one who would stick around?

Return to Phoenix Suns