Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Neal25
Sophomore
And1: 67

Re: Ronaldo joins Juventus 

Post#21 » by Neal25 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:03 pm

Jellybeans wrote:
Hellcrooner wrote:
Jellybeans wrote:He cant go to jail same as Messi.If you havent been previously convited,and sentence is under two years,you cant go to prison

IF sentence is under 2 years.
sentence is yet to be released.
he has evaded way more money than messi tough, and has acted like a jerk towards the judge.
so.....

Because they are fcking dumb.They are stealing money from Messi and CR.Different amount,but same thing.Taxes about their names/brands.Only in Spain sh*t like that happens.And how many times that so called ''judge'' changed that number?Atleast 3 times from 10 mil to 30 mil.

I think this matter is one of the reasons because of Cristiano has decided to leave Real Madrid.

On the other hand, Cristiano will have a longer career than other players at top level due to his conditions to end as striker and abandond the wing. In Turin perhaps he starts playing in the wing swapping positions with Mandzukic but in 1-2 years I see him as striker.
Craafty16
Sophomore
And1: 267

Post#22 » by Craafty16 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:33 pm

Hellcrooner wrote:
Jellybeans wrote:
Hellcrooner wrote:I wonder if juventus is aware that Cristiano is awaiting for the final result of a tax evasion trial in spain and that there is a 50% odds that the court will rule that he has to go to jail.

He cant go to jail same as Messi.If you havent been previously convited,and sentence is under two years,you cant go to prison

he has evaded way more money than messi tough, and has acted like a jerk towards the judge.
so.....

He hasn't evaded.

Spain created a new tax and decided to use it on income earned by football players in the past years. And that is why so many players have been accused of tax fraud in Spain in the last 2/3 years.
sorokii
Junior
And1: 32

Post#23 » by sorokii » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:37 pm

Craafty16 wrote:
Hellcrooner wrote:
Jellybeans wrote:He cant go to jail same as Messi.If you havent been previously convited,and sentence is under two years,you cant go to prison

so.....

He hasn't evaded.

Spain created a new tax and decided to use it on income earned by football players in the past years. And that is why so many players have been accused of tax fraud in Spain in the last 2/3 years.

That is not correct.

Messi, Ronaldo and those other footballers were poorly adviced by their administrators. Spain changed some of its tax regulations, as a short explanation simplifying things extremely, most footballers, artists, musician, and many others were not paying taxes for their salary as they were not receiving it directly, the money was payed to companies ("sociedades" I dont know how to translate it properly) under their own name as royalties. Spain changed the law to avoid this "hole" on its tax regulation. Most people adapted, they didnt.
da da da da daaaaaa...
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Post#24 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:18 pm

Am I the only one who would rather take Eden Hazard over Ronaldo? I just really hate Ronaldo showboating and he looks like he wants to play for himself not his club.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,214

Post#25 » by lambchop » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:28 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:Am I the only one who would rather take Eden Hazard over Ronaldo? I just really hate Ronaldo showboating and he looks like he wants to play for himself not his club.

I think his locker room and pitch presence alone will be huge. He has that championship pedigree and I think he might be able to elevate his teammates level of play and the standard they hold themselves to. Does he strive to be the best and have a big ego? Yea. Do most great players in sports have big egos and a delusional sense of confidence? Yea kind of.

Not to mention the buzz it has created around the serie A. I'm a AS Rome guy, but even my Italian friends admit that him joining the league is a good thing.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,110

Post#26 » by magik9113 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:58 pm

how could anyone choose Hazard over Ronaldo unless they're on a strict budget? It is not even a question...just look at the trophies won and goals scored.

Then there are the things that aren't soccer related: Juve stock price increased 25-30% before the transfer was even official--solely based off the rumors that he'd join the team. They've been selling a reported one Ronaldo jersey per minute. Their followers on social media increased by one million per platform since he signed. These things occur because he is the best player on the planet
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#27 » by HIF » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:51 am

Hazard is fantastic. Ronaldo is other-wordly.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
sovietchild
Sophomore
And1: 37

Post#28 » by sovietchild » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:35 am

Apparently, 500,000 shirts sold on the first day.

That is 50 Million dollars

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2018/07/juventus-has-sold-more-than-500000-ronaldo-kits-first-24-hours.html
DrKnick
Starter
And1: 580

Post#29 » by DrKnick » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:32 pm

Eh. He looks better in a Juventus uniform.

Return to The General Soccer Board