Jabari Parker Signs Two-Year, $40M Deal With Bulls

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,544

Re: Jabari Parker Signs Two-Year, $40M Deal With Bulls 

Post#21 » by lonzo_pelota » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:05 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:
lonzo_pelota wrote:teams quick to back up the brinks truck for Jabari but not former All Star I.T., its a cold world

Young guy's got potential, IT is a liability defensively and a risk in attitude, he's gotta show he's healed.

Jabari's from Chicago, Went to Simeon High School & has had two major knee surgeries early in his career before his first big contract
but he's yet to make a all star team and win a mvp , you know who that sentence mirrors, Derrick Rose
they say history repeats itself, well chicago wants that old thing back, Paxson and company shouldnt make it so obvious they wanna fill up the cap space and get a lottery pick , all im sayin
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,523

Post#22 » by dice » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:16 am

luss54321 wrote:
dice wrote:
luss54321 wrote:
Yes, defense has almost zero impact on making the all star team. Sad but true. It didn't stop Dirk from being a perennial allstar. It didn't stop Melo. It didn't stop Steve Nash. It didn't stop Isaiah Thomas (the statistically worst defender in the entire league). The list goes on. James Harden won MVP... and don't tell me about his "improve defense" because I have eyeballs.

you do realize that you just cited a bunch of elite offensive players, right?

anyway, it's irrelevant to the discussion, as you said that the bulls could be good because of their "allstar caliber players." but if it's the kind of all star player that is good offensively and horrible defensively it doesn't help the team much

Jabari and LaVine have the potential to be elite offensive players if they can stay healthy.

neither has shown the ability to be a #1 option, let alone an elite one. both have shown that they can be quality #2 options...if healthy (big if)

And the two best teams in the league last year were built around poor defenders - Harden and Curry (who was consistently exposed in isolation against Houston, to the point that it almost lost them the series). Kyrie Irving also was recently featured on a championship team and he's one of the worst defenders in the league.

we've already been over this. if you are elite offensively it more than makes up for bad defense. and why in the world would you use the example of a player almost costing his team a series defensively if you're trying to make a case for a team being good despite awful defenders?

btw, booker averaged 25 ppg last year and didn't make the all star team. because his team sucked and he plays bad defense

oddsmakers over/under for bulls wins? 28.5
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,906

Post#23 » by RSP83 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:09 am

dice wrote:
luss54321 wrote:
dice wrote:everything has to go right for that team to make the playoffs. even in a craptacular conference

That's so far from the truth....

The Bulls have one of the most talented rosters in the East. It all starts with Markkanen. Most people have no idea how good he is going to be. The kid is a superstar in the making. Zach LaVine is an allstar caliber player when healthy, as is Jabari Parker. Kris Dunn is underrated. He's an outstanding defender, good passer, and excellent at attacking the basket. Wendell Carter is looking like a stud. Bobby Portis is coming off a breakout year and should be a top 6th man candidate. Don't sleep on the Bulls this year.

zach lavine and jabari parker are all-star caliber players? are you serious? if so, are you familiar with the concept of defense? zach lavine/jabari parker may well be the worst defensive wing combo ever

I'm not defending Lavine or Parker, but Carmelo 'Zero Defense' Anthony was legit perennial All-Star not too long ago.
DCRYsing89
Starter
And1: 718

Post#24 » by DCRYsing89 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:38 am

dice wrote:
luss54321 wrote:
dice wrote:you do realize that you just cited a bunch of elite offensive players, right?

anyway, it's irrelevant to the discussion, as you said that the bulls could be good because of their "allstar caliber players." but if it's the kind of all star player that is good offensively and horrible defensively it doesn't help the team much

Jabari and LaVine have the potential to be elite offensive players if they can stay healthy.

neither has shown the ability to be a #1 option, let alone an elite one. both have shown that they can be quality #2 options...if healthy (big if)

And the two best teams in the league last year were built around poor defenders - Harden and Curry (who was consistently exposed in isolation against Houston, to the point that it almost lost them the series). Kyrie Irving also was recently featured on a championship team and he's one of the worst defenders in the league.

we've already been over this. if you are elite offensively it more than makes up for bad defense. and why in the world would you use the example of a player almost costing his team a series defensively if you're trying to make a case for a team being good despite awful defenders?

btw, booker averaged 25 ppg last year and didn't make the all star team. because his team sucked and he plays bad defense

oddsmakers over/under for bulls wins? 28.5

I ust seeing here curry being a bad defender.
And I wanna state atm he is a better defendr than LeBron,
He puts effort in on that end, and although not a great one on one defender he is a solid team defender (nothing special but doesnt let the team down when he isnt being ISOd on)
Dirk, Kyrie many other 'bad defenders' are really just not 'good defenders, most are not a net negative or positive on their team.
Well werent till switchy defenses became a major thing, but still a great defense can hide someone who isnt a great 1 on 1 defender most of the time.
After your first, you change, you mature, you dont just jump into things.

After getting dunked on for the first time, life becomes complex.
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,376

Post#25 » by robbie84 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:59 am

lol the Bulls have spent 40 million on Jabari and Lavine.
Jesus. Do they have any expectations of passing or playing defense ?
How are these Garpax idiots still in charge?
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 187

Post#26 » by puja21 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:25 pm

lonzo_pelota wrote:teams quick to back up the brinks truck for Jabari but not former All Star I.T., its a cold world

no one gets paid for what they already did, only for what they are predicted to do in the future
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,475

Post#27 » by Harry Garris » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:46 pm

robbie84 wrote:lol the Bulls have spent 40 million on Jabari and Lavine.
Jesus. Do they have any expectations of passing or playing defense ?
How are these Garpax idiots still in charge?

Theres no one else available right now and the Bulls couldn't get a Marquee free agent anyway. So the Bulls had 2 options. Tank for what's supposed to be a mediocre draft anyway for an extremely low chance for a top pick, or sign 2 young players with lots of potential but injury risks. That's pretty much all they could do. I don't blame them for taking the second choice.
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by lonzo_pelota » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:10 am

puja21 wrote:

no one gets paid for what they already did, only for what they are predicted to do in the future

did you read what you wrote before you typed it, only rookies and young players get paid on potential and upside, all veterans resume's are what they are judged by, a recent or current injury can make them skeptical or not want to sign you long term but what else do they have to go on besides your previous play , my lakers overpaid for Mozgov and Deng , knicks spent a bag on Joakim Noah
what would a wise person have predicted for those three in the future if know so much, those were three decent to below average players on the verge of decline not wise to overpay on a non superstar on the verge of decline, even shaq's last deal was a charity case not a prediction of him bouncing back to all star level play
Aussienet3
Junior
And1: 90

Post#29 » by Aussienet3 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:39 am

puja21 wrote:

IT talked and played his way out of 10's of millions of dollars. No way Ainge was giving him the max hip or no hip!
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 187

Post#30 » by puja21 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:10 pm

lonzo_pelota wrote:
puja21 wrote:

did you read what you wrote before you typed it, only rookies and young players get paid on potential and upside, all veterans resume's are what they are judged by, a recent or current injury can make them skeptical or not want to sign you long term but what else do they have to go on besides your previous play , my lakers overpaid for Mozgov and Deng , knicks spent a bag on Joakim Noah
what would a wise person have predicted for those three in the future if know so much, those were three decent to below average players on the verge of decline not wise to overpay on a non superstar on the verge of decline, even shaq's last deal was a charity case not a prediction of him bouncing back to all star level play

This might be the most uninformed post I've seen here.

Hilarious that you used the comically inept Lakers' Mitch Kupcheck and Knicks' Phil Jackson and some of the worst deals in history as your examples

No rational team follows that model.

That's why Boogie Cousins didn't get even one call according to reports. Every contract is based on future expectations.

Shaq's last contract was for veteran minimum sub $2M a year from Boston -- hardly a charity case... he was a fringe player they were counting on to help in the rotation same as other aging castoffs Doc brought in like Jermaine O'Neal, Troy Murphy, Stephon Marbury etc...

No one gets paid for past production unless the GM is completely inept (Kupcheck, Phil, Michael Jordan, Colangelo etc...)
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by lonzo_pelota » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:53 am

puja21 wrote:
lonzo_pelota wrote:
puja21 wrote:

This might be the most uninformed post I've seen here.

Hilarious that you used the comically inept Lakers' Mitch Kupcheck and Knicks' Phil Jackson and some of the worst deals in history as your examples

No rational team follows that model.

That's why Boogie Cousins didn't get even one call according to reports. Every contract is based on future expectations.

Shaq's last contract was for veteran minimum sub $2M a year from Boston -- hardly a charity case... he was a fringe player they were counting on to help in the rotation same as other aging castoffs Doc brought in like Jermaine O'Neal, Troy Murphy, Stephon Marbury etc...

No one gets paid for past production unless the GM is completely inept (Kupcheck, Phil, Michael Jordan, Colangelo etc...)

talking in circles, no ones talking about the 2mil in boston talking about the contract where he was trotting around cavs and phoenix and briefly in miami all while sorta injured sorta slow, making close to the max, mitch is inept only because i proved my point how many inept GM's have championships on they're resume. boogie was offered 2yrs 40mil he wanted longer then they pulled the offer sheet, he could of gotten more hand he waited like jabari and zach lavine but he chose the easy route
recouperate on the champs. your slower than molasses on a turtle named myrtle

Return to Wiretap Discussion