All Advertising Questions

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,243
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Re: All Advertising Questions 

Post#341 » by BKlutch » Wed Jul 4, 2018 6:58 pm

I'm forced to use an ad blocker. I didn't want to block all your ads - I love the site and want you to make money and thrive. But these malicious ads seem to attack us, and overwhelm the browser tab. This can't be something you want, so I eagerly await the fix. Thanks!

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,731

Post#342 » by DanoMac » Thu Jul 5, 2018 6:16 pm

RealGM is literally unviewable on my iPhone because of the Amazon Gift Card thing. Inexcusable.
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 227

Post#343 » by CR Reina » Sun Jul 8, 2018 4:52 pm

DanoMac wrote:RealGM is literally unviewable on my iPhone because of the Amazon Gift Card thing. Inexcusable.

This issue has been resolved. Please see my reply on the Forum Bugs, Account Issues and App Issues thread for a full update. viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1253356&p=67418162#p67418162
W_HAMILTON
RealGM
And1: 16,992

Post#344 » by W_HAMILTON » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:59 pm

I've never used an ad blocker, and did my best not to use one even though people have said that would clear up my issues with this website -- I too want to help support this forum -- but it's just gotten too terrible. It literally is unusable at times, and it constantly locks up my computer if I spent too long on one page or try to open up additional tabs to respond to various posts. I just installed "AdBlock Plus" and it seems to have immediately solved my problems with this forum.

Another forum I visit has a sort of "membership" program where you can donate to the website -- whatever amount you want, there is no set or required amount -- and it will remove ads from your account for one year. I don't see why this website can't institute the same sort of thing. I'd gladly donate -- I think I usually donate $10 to the other website -- to remove these intrusive ads for a year. I'm sure lots of others would as well. I appreciate this website and have been a poster for years, but without an ad blocker, it has simply become unusable. Hopefully the creators of this forum will either fix the problems with their ads or implement a system like I mentioned.
Howard Mass wrote:You do not have the right to not be offended. Just because something is offensive to you does not mean that it breaks the board rules.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,624

Post#345 » by Howard Mass » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:16 am

W_HAMILTON wrote:I've never used an ad blocker, and did my best not to use one even though people have said that would clear up my issues with this website -- I too want to help support this forum -- but it's just gotten too terrible. It literally is unusable at times, and it constantly locks up my computer if I spent too long on one page or try to open up additional tabs to respond to various posts. I just installed "AdBlock Plus" and it seems to have immediately solved my problems with this forum.

Another forum I visit has a sort of "membership" program where you can donate to the website -- whatever amount you want, there is no set or required amount -- and it will remove ads from your account for one year. I don't see why this website can't institute the same sort of thing. I'd gladly donate -- I think I usually donate $10 to the other website -- to remove these intrusive ads for a year. I'm sure lots of others would as well. I appreciate this website and have been a poster for years, but without an ad blocker, it has simply become unusable. Hopefully the creators of this forum will either fix the problems with their ads or implement a system like I mentioned.

I doubt we will ever go to a membership model for various reasons.

We are working to fix the issues and will continue to do so.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
W_HAMILTON
RealGM
And1: 16,992

Post#346 » by W_HAMILTON » Tue Aug 7, 2018 4:27 pm

Howard Mass wrote:I doubt we will ever go to a membership model for various reasons.

It's not a "membership" model per se -- everyone would still have the same access they do now, except those that "donate" to the website would have all ads removed for the year.
Howard Mass wrote:You do not have the right to not be offended. Just because something is offensive to you does not mean that it breaks the board rules.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#347 » by Howard Mass » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:09 pm

W_HAMILTON wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:I doubt we will ever go to a membership model for various reasons.

It's not a "membership" model per se -- everyone would still have the same access they do now, except those that "donate" to the website would have all ads removed for the year.

There are other reasons though too.

stevenDXM
Sophomore
And1: 26

Post#348 » by stevenDXM » Sun Sep 2, 2018 3:11 am

Personally, on Chrome on Android, this site is the worst site I still want to visit. You have to close two ads on each page and the ads close more slowly than the website so you have to wait for the full screen ad to close the ad at the top of the page to scroll down and continue reading content.

This sort of thing is a major turn off and when I'm thinking about coming to this site I usually just go to r/nba instead because I don't want to deal with the ads even though I like the content here more.

Sent from my SM-N910P using RealGM mobile app
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,778

Post#349 » by Dennis 37 » Tue Nov 6, 2018 4:39 pm

BKlutch wrote:I'm forced to use an ad blocker. I didn't want to block all your ads - I love the site and want you to make money and thrive. But these malicious ads seem to attack us, and overwhelm the browser tab. This can't be something you want, so I eagerly await the fix. Thanks!

I don't want to use an ad blocker on your site either. I thought if I clicked the Portugal ad, the ad would disappear, but no, the ad remains, I can't pause the embedded video, and as a result will never, ever, visit Portugal.
Ignat Erit
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#350 » by Ignat Erit » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:17 pm

For some reason I thought completely differently.
SFrush
Sixth Man
And1: 778

Post#351 » by SFrush » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:45 pm

Anyone else seeing this new athletic ad above the wiretap?
john248
Starter
And1: 651

Post#352 » by john248 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:01 pm

Didn't mind the ads before. But now that they put out sound and make noise. Incredibly annoying.
The Last Word
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 456

Post#353 » by Swift21 » Fri Jul 5, 2019 6:15 am

SFrush wrote:Anyone else seeing this new athletic ad above the wiretap?

yep
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#354 » by Howard Mass » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:49 am

Is anyone still having issues?

Dennis 37
RealGM

Post#355 » by Dennis 37 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:40 am

Howard Mass wrote:Is anyone still having issues?

Now that you've gone to two header ads, I've had to block them on my tablet. They slowed down page loading time considerably. I have fibre optic internet service, and I pay extra to get the highest speed.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,896

Post#356 » by lakerz12 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:23 pm

And there was another ad below this. On mobile in the middle of a thread.
Dennis 37
RealGM

Post#357 » by Dennis 37 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:53 pm

lakerz12 wrote:Image

And there was another ad below this. On mobile in the middle of a thread.

Natsumi Sushi used to be my favorite team before the Raptors came into the league.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
brettski
Analyst
And1: 1,731

Post#358 » by brettski » Sat Feb 8, 2020 10:56 pm

Last few days I am getting adds auto downloading from the forum Metro Ford, Austral Honda html files on Samsung Internet browser
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Mark my words....Gooden will be this year's teams MVP. Watch and see.....

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1139340&start=15&p=29252753&view=show#p29252753
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,353

Post#359 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:44 am

Pixel 4xl

If Google sees this they'll suspend your account
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,036

Post#360 » by robillionaire » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:50 pm

I keep getting redirected to something called "driver fixer" driverfixersoftware.com every 10 seconds. on laptop. even with adblocker on

board is not useable

edit: i was able to circumvent the issue by downloading a chrome extension called redirect adblock

Return to Feedback and Suggestions