ImageImageImageImage

2018 Dallas Cowboys Preseason Thread

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Re: 2018 Dallas Cowboys Preseason Thread 

Post#21 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:00 pm

Good topic on another board... What unexpected player are you looking for that can make a huge impact in 2018?

My choice is Xavier Woods. I'd love him to have a monster season that makes everyone forget about whats-his-name in Seattle.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,001

Post#22 » by Mr B » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:23 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Good topic on another board... What unexpected player are you looking for that can make a huge impact in 2018?

My choice is Xavier Woods. I'd love him to have a monster season that makes everyone forget about whats-his-name in Seattle.

Woods is a good one. For me it’s any one of the young TE’s. With Witten no longer on the team these kids are really going to be given an opportunity. Witten was great and is a sure fire HOF however if he had 1 flaw it was that he stunted the growth of any other TE that came through Dallas. I’m interested to see if any of these guys currently on the roster can play. My bet is that at least 1 other is going to step up big time and I really don’t think it’s going to be Rico.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:22 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:Good topic on another board... What unexpected player are you looking for that can make a huge impact in 2018?

Woods is a good one. For me it’s any one of the young TE’s. With Witten no longer on the team these kids are really going to be given an opportunity. Witten was great and is a sure fire HOF however if he had 1 flaw it was that he stunted the growth of any other TE that came through Dallas. I’m interested to see if any of these guys currently on the roster can play. My bet is that at least 1 other is going to step up big time and I really don’t think it’s going to be Rico.

I’m with you... I don’t think it’s Rico either. I’m really thinking the rookie makes an impact.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,244

Post#24 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:09 am

I'm hoping Michael Gallup becomes an immediate impact WR. I expect us to pound the ball all year but i also foresee teams stacking the box. I think Hurns and Gallup will get plenty of opportunities to make plays. Lets see if they take advantage.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#25 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:23 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm hoping Michael Gallup becomes an immediate impact WR. I expect us to pound the ball all year but i also foresee teams stacking the box. I think Hurns and Gallup will get plenty of opportunities to make plays. Lets see if they take advantage.

I don't know that he makes an immediate impact (most rookie WR's don't) but by the middle of the season, I "hope" he is rolling.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#26 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:38 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm hoping Michael Gallup becomes an immediate impact WR. I expect us to pound the ball all year but i also foresee teams stacking the box. I think Hurns and Gallup will get plenty of opportunities to make plays. Lets see if they take advantage.

I don't know that he makes an immediate impact (most rookie WR's don't) but by the middle of the season, I "hope" he is rolling.

A lot will depend on the reps, development and coaching. Wait, Did I say coaching? Never mind, he won't be ready for 3 years, :wink: Were doomed like the general boards says. :curse:
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer
And1: 312

Post#27 » by gravytrain24 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:33 pm

I'm going to say Tavon Austin, i think his special teams play will give the boys better field position also i think people still believe in his speed so when he's on offense he will have big plays or be a big decoy that will open up the field.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#28 » by Mr B » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:12 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:

Yea I don’t expect a huge year from him. As long as he plays well and finishes the season with the arrow point up and is at least mentioned as a ROY candidate at some point. Next season is the yea I’d expect Gallup to really make some noise.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#29 » by Mr B » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:13 am

gravytrain24 wrote:

I'm going to say Tavon Austin, i think his special teams play will give the boys better field position also i think people still believe in his speed so when he's on offense he will have big plays or be a big decoy that will open up the field.

He has to hold on to the ball. That’s always been his problem, putting the ball on the ground.
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer
And1: 312

Post#30 » by gravytrain24 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:08 am

Mr B wrote:
gravytrain24 wrote:

He has to hold on to the ball. That’s always been his problem, putting the ball on the ground.

Very true but I think he's going to work more with the RB coach who'll help with that. I'm really hoping Scarborough has a good preseason, I want a goal line bruiser to take some hits away from zeke
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:34 pm

Meanwhile...

David Irving. I think it's safe to say this knucklehead is probably not going to contribute much this season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#32 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:56 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Meanwhile...

David Irving. I think it's safe to say this knucklehead is probably not going to contribute much this season.

Damn. What happened how?
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:28 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Damn. What happened how?

He's not at training camp

He won't be at training camp. At least not in California.

He's dealing with personal issues.

Oh - and he's suspended the first 4 games.

I'm ready to move on from this dude. He's pissing away his career by being a knucklehead.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#34 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:36 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Damn. What happened how?

I'm ready to move on from this dude. He's pissing away his career by being a knucklehead.

Great, wonderful. Do I dare ask what his issue is this time? 22 years of red flag players continues. Tune in tomorrow at the same time for Cowboy's General hospital.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:55 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Damn. What happened how?

Great, wonderful. Do I dare ask what his issue is this time? 22 years of red flag players continues. Tune in tomorrow at the same time for Cowboy's General hospital.

No idea. Cowboys aren't saying and he isn't either. I honestly could care less at this point. The dude is costing himself a big bag of money and a chance to secure a future for his daughter. I don't get it but as a fan, I'm at the point where it's better to move on after this season. Need guys who can be on the field.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#36 » by Mr B » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:16 pm

I’m expecting much less. I’d be surprised if he suits up at all this year.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#37 » by Mr B » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:18 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Damn. What happened how?

They were saying he won’t be in camp when the come back to Dallas either. Also heard that he hasn’t been working out at all this off season and is extremely out of shape. Time to cut their losses and move on. Of course he blames everyone else because it’s not his fault.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#38 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:23 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Damn. What happened how?

They were saying he won’t be in camp when the come back to Dallas either. Also heard that he hasn’t been working out at all this off season and is extremely out of shape. Time to cut their losses and move on. Of course he blames everyone else because it’s not his fault.

I can't for the life of me, understand why we are still taking chances on these types of players. Enough is enough.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:47 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

I can't for the life of me, understand why we are still taking chances on these types of players. Enough is enough.

Because... Jerry.

Although, weeding him out helps reduce the knucklehead quota significantly.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:49 am

Mr B wrote:

I’m expecting much less. I’d be surprised if he suits up at all this year.

I’m starting to believe you are right. The dude is in serious “needs to get his s*** together” mode here.

Return to Dallas Cowboys