Image ImageImage Image

Bulls Gold Pod episodes w/Ronnie Brewer Jr.

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Bulls Gold Pod episodes w/Ronnie Brewer Jr. 

Post#1 » by Red Larrivee » Mon Aug 6, 2018 12:04 pm

2I've been working on a new Chicago Bulls website called Bulls Gold. For this website, we thought it would be a great idea to feature many of the knowledgeable posters from the RealGM board. We reached out to several posters from the board, and Ralph, RedBulls23, Kulaz3000, Dantown, AshyLarry and BuffaloBull, have all decided to contribute. Right now, the website is in a soft launch and we will push it harder closer to the regular season.

We’ve also started a podcast for the website, that’s up and running. The first five episodes I ran solo, but for the latest episode Mark K and RedBulls23 joined me for a general discussion of the team. We talked about the progress of the Bulls rebuild a year later and how the pieces may or may not fit. We also discussed the team’s veteran players in Robin Lopez and Justin Holiday, as well as the Cleveland Cavaliers signing David Nwaba. It was a really fun episode to record, considering we’ve all been posting on the board for a while. I want to thank them again for jumping on this episode with me.

You can listen to the episode on iTunes (and most podcast platforms - Google Play, Stitcher, Podbean, etc.): https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/fitting-the-pieces/id1408690627?i=1000417264742&mt=2

Podbean
Stitcher
TuneIn
Blubrry
New episodes will release every Monday.

You can also follow on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/BullsGold

I’m really excited about this website and all the people that are contributing to it so far. Let us know what you think of this episode and I’m also open to anyone else who would like to contribute to the website and podcast. We’re looking to make this something really special going forward.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Re: Semi-OT: New Bulls Website/Podcast - "Bulls Gold" 

Post#2 » by kingkirk » Mon Aug 6, 2018 12:18 pm

It was awesome to be (along with Salim) the first guest on the pod.

More importantly, though, it was cool talking to two guys I’ve communicated with about this for years on this board, but getting to do so via audio.

Tune in, follow and subscribe to everything Red and the crew are doing. It’s awesome to see the RealGM crowd come together and build something cool.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,583

Post#3 » by DuckIII » Mon Aug 6, 2018 12:32 pm

Good luck Red! I’m sure it will be great.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#4 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Aug 6, 2018 1:59 pm

It was fun doing the podcast with Red and Mark and I'm looking forward to contributing to the website.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#5 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon Aug 6, 2018 4:23 pm

Just started listening. Damn Edward, you really have a great voice for broadcasting and you sound very professional. Just wanted to let you know that. It is really cool and interesting, for me, to hear the three of you talking Bulls instead of just posting Bulls.

I'm excited to have a new Bulls Podcast to listen to. I have a morning full of Bulls Pods with this and Mark's new one.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#6 » by Ralphb07 » Mon Aug 6, 2018 4:42 pm

Red is a long time RealGm buddy of mine and looking forward to helping out anyway I can. With Mark, Buffalo RB, Ashy, Dantown, Kulaz etc I think he has assembled a group of knowledgeable guys with different takes on things. You don’t have too many Bulls sites like this.

Best wishes Red
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,311

Post#7 » by d boy gentleman » Mon Aug 6, 2018 4:50 pm

Subbed
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#8 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon Aug 6, 2018 5:39 pm

Really enjoyed that. Thanks guys. Awesome job!
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,003

Post#9 » by Chi town » Mon Aug 6, 2018 6:11 pm

Looking fwd to it fellas! Great team of contributors.
DJhitek
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,354

Post#10 » by DJhitek » Mon Aug 6, 2018 6:11 pm

Congrats Red....all of you guys really. Great job.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#11 » by Red Larrivee » Mon Aug 6, 2018 6:17 pm

Appreciate all the support guys

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,103

Post#12 » by cool007 » Mon Aug 6, 2018 7:59 pm

Damn, this is something I can definitely dig.

I will be your regular for sure. I really wish you guys think about doing some Video Podcasts too. That would be fun. I also watch "Through the Wire" as well. It's really entertaining.

My best wishes with you all.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#13 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Aug 7, 2018 12:09 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:Just started listening. Damn Edward, you really have a great voice for broadcasting and you sound very professional. Just wanted to let you know that. It is really cool and interesting, for me, to hear the three of you talking Bulls instead of just posting Bulls.

I'm excited to have a new Bulls Podcast to listen to. I have a morning full of Bulls Pods with this and Mark's new one.

He really does have a natural broadcasting voice!
Why so serious?
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#14 » by GimmeDat » Tue Aug 7, 2018 2:01 am

I've been really enjoying the content so far Red and look forward to contributing myself (been speaking to Ralph about that one as you know). What a great group of people you've already collated, ahould churn out some quality content.

Ia there a way to listen to the podcast on android?
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#15 » by johnnyvann840 » Tue Aug 7, 2018 2:10 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:Just started listening. Damn Edward, you really have a great voice for broadcasting and you sound very professional. Just wanted to let you know that. It is really cool and interesting, for me, to hear the three of you talking Bulls instead of just posting Bulls.

Absolutely. I'm not just blowing smoke. He's rich, smooth, clear, articulate. Great tone. Speaks at a good pace. Not too fast, not too slow. Cuts through any noise. Most people don't realize how rare of a gift that is to have. It also sounds like he's put in a lot of work to hone those skills.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#16 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Aug 7, 2018 2:31 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:

Absolutely. I'm not just blowing smoke. He's rich, smooth, clear, articulate. Great tone. Speaks at a good pace. Not too fast, not too slow. Cuts through any noise. Most people don't realize how rare of a gift that is to have. It also sounds like he's put in a lot of work to hone those skills.

100% agree. All three of you guys were great on the podcast. Clear, articulate, got each of your respective points across really well. I know I couldn't do a podcast, mostly because I'm a scatter brain. Plus, Mark can represent the Aussies on my behalf with his soothing Aussie accent.
Why so serious?
dumbell78
General Manager
And1: 5,290

Post#17 » by dumbell78 » Tue Aug 7, 2018 3:52 am

GimmeDat wrote:there a way to listen to the podcast on android?

Try Podcast Addict app, that's what I use.

Just subbed, will give a listen today.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#18 » by johnnyvann840 » Tue Aug 7, 2018 4:01 am

dumbell78 wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:there a way to listen to the podcast on android?

Try Podcast Addict app, that's what I use.

Just subbed, will give a listen today.

I downloaded the PodBean app today. It's nice because I can listen to both BullsHQ and BullsGold on that app and there are other Bulls related Pods on there as well. BullsBeat and others. I think they're all on Stitcher as well. Just "follow" the ones you want and they will pop up for you whenever you open the app.
AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Re: Semi-OT: New Bulls Website/Podcast - 

Post#19 » by AKfanatic » Tue Aug 7, 2018 6:12 am

Red Larrivee wrote:Appreciate all the support guys

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Great job Red. You’ve always been one of my favorite posters, even when we’d butt heads in the Gordon/Hinrich days, always knowledgeable and respectful.. it was cool to hear you talking Bulls. Best of luck in the future with this, I look forward to hearing more.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#20 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Aug 7, 2018 6:17 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:

100% agree. All three of you guys were great on the podcast. Clear, articulate, got each of your respective points across really well. I know I couldn't do a podcast, mostly because I'm a scatter brain. Plus, Mark can represent the Aussies on my behalf with his soothing Aussie accent.

I was definitely the worst of the three of us :lol:

Hopefully with more opportunities under my belt, I can improve. :D

It's funny, doing stuff like this always makes me anxious (in general I deal with anxiety) so it gets me out my comfort zone. I really push myself in that regards more and more, because my original reaction when Red asked me was to say no. However, knowing this is something I want to do I pushed myself to say yes.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops

Return to Chicago Bulls