Gary Harris
4%

Total votes: 105

GrapeApe
Pro Prospect
And1: 14

Who are my keepers? 

Post#1 » by GrapeApe » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:29 pm

I am in a league where I can keep three. It is a yahoo H2H standard scoring with pg sg g sf pf f c c u u.

Here are the candidates.

Karl Anthony Towns - Seems like a no brainer
Nikola Jokic - Not as flash as the other centers but love the assists
Ben Simmons - Triple double machine, super star potential but that shooting
Joel Embiid - Incredible when on the court. Can he stay there.
Buddy Hield - Starting to look up. Can produce with minutes
Gary Harris - How did he become a top 30 player?

My thought is to keep the three centers. That way I have that position sewn up and can concentrate on the other positions during the draft. The also seem to complement each other well as they all have good percentages and get over one three per game.

But it will hurt to have to give up Simmons.
AlciG
Starter
And1: 432

Re: Who are my keepers? 

Post#2 » by AlciG » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:07 pm

I'm with you on that... Keep the 3 centers. Especially since you have to start 2 and have 2 util slots.
Ben Simmons is great and all but those 3 centers could all be top 10 next year.
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#3 » by Roddy B for 3 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:52 am

Simmons and KAT are no brainers, but Jokic vs 'Biid is tough.

I would take Jokic even tho he slightly worse. Because I won't ever LOVE 'Biid in a keeper format.
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#4 » by Moooose » Sun Apr 1, 2018 5:13 am

KAT, Simmons, and Jokic for me.

It is close between Jokic and Embiid, but I'd gamble on the probability of Jokic having a healthier career than Embiid.
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#5 » by 12footrim » Tue Aug 7, 2018 2:15 pm

Moooose wrote:KAT, Simmons, and Jokic for me.

It is close between Jokic and Embiid, but I'd gamble on the probability of Jokic having a healthier career than Embiid.

Jokic is also younger and his game should age better as well IMO than Embid's. I actually would take Jokic #1 out of all of them as the longterm prospect. KAT is like 1b but much of his value difference currently is from Thibs playing him high minutes like he does all their superstars until they start breaking down, and I don't see Thibs surviving for more than a couple more years there. I also think Jokic has got Malone'd in his career way to much. He was literally putting up 31 PER months after they benched Nurkic and gave him the keys, they they signed Plumblee and shafted him again. I think a coaching change is likely in Denver as well sonner than later and it can only help him.

Simmions has almost no hope of developing a 3 or making enough FT's. There is a real ceiling there and Embid is a massive injury risk. That's the only decision I see and I'd take Embid and just gamble on enough healthy.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
dread the r3d
Sophomore
And1: 146

Post#6 » by dread the r3d » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:21 pm

LOL why are Buddy Hield and Gary Harris even in there? Harris is a great complimentary piece but not keeper material, while Buddy is kind of one-dimensional.

In H2H I really like guys who can stay healthy... I got burned by having the likes of Kawhi, CP3, and Blake as my anchors last year, and it really killed my team. That's why as much as I love Embiid, I like him better IRL and not in fantasy unless he can stay on the court.

Go with KAT/Jokic/Simmons so that you're not having to deal with injuries, and you can really pad your assists early on without even having a true PG just yet, while hitting other stats as well.
Christophersen
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#7 » by Christophersen » Thu Sep 6, 2018 7:52 pm

Voted KAT/Simmons/Embiid.

Embiid has too much upside to drop IMO. Jokic will never be a top 10 player in this league, Embiid could next year.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,673

Post#8 » by Pointgod » Fri Sep 7, 2018 7:31 pm

Embiid, Towns and Simmons. I was going to go with Jokic but this is a keeper league and Simmons has LeBron potential if he ever learns to shoot. You potentially have 3 top 10 picks as keepers moving forward, 2 with top 5 potential.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,367

Post#9 » by bwgood77 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:30 pm

Kat and Jokic for sure. Then you have to go with Simmons over Embiid, mostly for health reasons. But KAT and Jokic both shoot 3s which covers for Simmons not shooting them....Jokic and Simmons get assists, so even though you have two Cs and Simmons you get a lot of assists. FG% should be solid. Point guards are too important to not keep one and assists are too important not to keep Jokic as one of your Cs. You may want to look for blocks when drafting other positions though.
Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,303

Post#10 » by Bank Shot » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:29 pm

Towns and Jokic are obvious. Then I'd probably keep Simmons and try to move him for a better fit (someone who hits more threes and won't tank your FT%).

Return to Fantasy Basketball