ImageImageImageImageImage

Chris Brickley on Working with Frank and Kanter

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,829

Re: Chris Brickley on Working with Frank and Kanter 

Post#141 » by Adelheid » Thu Aug 9, 2018 3:12 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
it ain't gonna be that low for him, especially if fizdale can showcase a greater potential heading into his prime.

Then he can enjoy Sacramento or wherever

sure. i in no way suggest he should be doing it here. i just can't see him not getting paid next year.

we are seeing some interesting spending of money. it's almost a class disparity thing. the cap is going up, but not everyone is getting paid more. people are saving their cap space for big-time players and trying to collect more of them. not suggesting that's wrong. it's just interesting to see if bigger cap leads to greater salary disparity in the NBA.

Its good for the future of the league tbh...the GMs are now smarting up and relying some more on development and youth.
We would see much less of one gm overpay for a certain player type and then being followed by other gms because players demand contracts to be as high if not higher than the former.
Illightinati
Senior
And1: 454

Post#142 » by Illightinati » Thu Aug 9, 2018 3:29 pm

Read on Twitter

Keep working on that HESI

malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#143 » by malik959 » Thu Aug 9, 2018 3:43 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hands down man down!
malik959
Lead Assistant

Post#144 » by malik959 » Thu Aug 9, 2018 3:45 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Cleanthony Early sighting!! he needs an invite!!!!
malik959
Lead Assistant

Post#145 » by malik959 » Thu Aug 9, 2018 3:47 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:The funny part of Kan’t-er showing off his ranger is the fact, his 3-pointer has no arc. That shot will be blocked by a guard on a switch.

Watch as teams force Kanty to the corner and DARE him to shoot. Bricks to come!

Frank and Muddy Rivers can be something IF they learn to be physical. No layup rule 2!!!!!!

Not only that, his misses will lead to fast breaks and he'll never get back in time.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,967

Post#146 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Aug 9, 2018 3:50 pm

Adelheid wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
GONYK wrote:Then he can enjoy Sacramento or wherever

sure. i in no way suggest he should be doing it here. i just can't see him not getting paid next year.

we are seeing some interesting spending of money. it's almost a class disparity thing. the cap is going up, but not everyone is getting paid more. people are saving their cap space for big-time players and trying to collect more of them. not suggesting that's wrong. it's just interesting to see if bigger cap leads to greater salary disparity in the NBA.

Its good for the future of the league tbh...the GMs are now smarting up and relying some more on development and youth.
We would see much less of one gm overpay for a certain player type and then being followed by other gms because players demand contracts to be as high if not higher than the former.

very intriguing trend to watch.

at the same time, it reinforces the notion of the NBA being a star-driven league.

at some point they may want to do away with salary cap as a whole, a-la baseball. especially if we're going to have a proper farm system and all that. we could probably pay all players better as a floor, but then have the stars negotiate the "a-rod" contracts.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Adelheid
RealGM

Post#147 » by Adelheid » Thu Aug 9, 2018 4:42 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Adelheid wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

at the same time, it reinforces the notion of the NBA being a star-driven league.

at some point they may want to do away with salary cap as a whole, a-la baseball. especially if we're going to have a proper farm system and all that. we could probably pay all players better as a floor, but then have the stars negotiate the "a-rod" contracts.

My preferred salary structure is that players are given lower contracts but can be given large bonuses (based on team wins) which is not governed by the cap. Wonder if that can work out in the NBA.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,967

Post#148 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Aug 9, 2018 4:50 pm

Adelheid wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Adelheid wrote:

My preferred salary structure is that players are given lower contracts but can be given large bonuses (based on team wins) which is not governed by the cap. Wonder if that can work out in the NBA.

sounds like football. i want noooo part in the nfl's mess. :lol:

but nfl's so messy in large part because of the volume of players in and qualified to be in the league. NBA has neither problem. probably 500 people on the planet at any given time capable of being an NBA player.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,068

Post#149 » by GONYK » Thu Aug 9, 2018 6:23 pm

Read on Twitter

Frank's defense looking good
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,672

Post#150 » by mpharris36 » Thu Aug 9, 2018 6:28 pm

GONYK wrote:
Read on Twitter

Frank's defense looking good

Mudiay with the weak take and Frank told him to get that weak sh*t outta here!
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,534

Post#151 » by Fat Kat » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:50 am

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Infinitimind
Senior
And1: 398

Post#152 » by Infinitimind » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:20 am

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Kanter Killing it
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#153 » by GEOLINK » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:46 am

Infinitimind wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Kanter Killing it

Anti-tank commander.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#154 » by HEZI » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:48 am

Wow even in this games Mudiay can't help but fall to the floor @24 mark

Frank please showout in camp and earn minutes over that bum. I'm liking the aggressive Frank in these videos hopefully it boosts his confidence and carries over to the season. Mudiay can bounce right now as far as I'm concerned

Kanter gonna have a monster season it feels like
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#155 » by Nazrmohamed » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:01 am

malik959 wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hands down man down!

I care more about this than the numerous single drive handle videos
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#156 » by Nazrmohamed » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:04 am

HEZI wrote:Wow even in this games Mudiay can't help but fall to the floor @24 mark

Frank please showout in camp and earn minutes over that bum. I'm liking the aggressive Frank in these videos hopefully it boosts his confidence and carries over to the season. Mudiay can bounce right now as far as I'm concerned

Still only 23 yrs old. By comparison Trey, the guy everyone thinks still has potential is 25. Not that I'm saying I got much faith but let's see what Fizz can do with him.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#157 » by HEZI » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:15 am

Nazrmohamed wrote:
HEZI wrote:Wow even in this games Mudiay can't help but fall to the floor @24 mark

Still only 23 yrs old. By comparison Trey, the guy everyone thinks still has potential is 25. Not that I'm saying I got much faith but let's see what Fizz can do with him.

I know but somethings about that dude just irritates me. There's no fire in his belly and sometimes his body language looks like he thinks he's too cool to even be on the court. Maybe I'm being too harsh on him but I really could be totally fine not being forced to watch him play in a Knicks jersey. I'm more interested to see Trier than him to be honest.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,918

Post#158 » by cgf » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:56 am

My problem with Mudiay is less his age & tools, but the complete lack of development from the player he was as a rookie. Jumper is still, still useless on D, still sloppy with the ball, etc.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Adelheid
RealGM

Post#159 » by Adelheid » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:15 am

cgf wrote:My problem with Mudiay is less his age & tools, but the complete lack of development from the player he was as a rookie. Jumper is still, still useless on D, still sloppy with the ball, etc.

went to china for the money instead of getting coached in college smh
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,918

Post#160 » by cgf » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:20 am

Adelheid wrote:
cgf wrote:My problem with Mudiay is less his age & tools, but the complete lack of development from the player he was as a rookie. Jumper is still, still useless on D, still sloppy with the ball, etc.

went to china for the money instead of getting coached in college smh

The last 3-4 years probably matter a little more than what he did in his 18yo season :wink:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!

Return to New York Knicks