Wizards to Sign Jordan McRae to a 2-way contract

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,855

Wizards to Sign Jordan McRae to a 2-way contract 

Post#1 » by payitforward » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:24 am

Jordan McRae -- welcome aboard.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Re: Wizards to Sign Jordan McRae to a 2-way contract 

Post#2 » by payitforward » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:36 am

McRae is a 27 year old shooting guard taken #58 by the Spurs in 2014. He had a cup of coffee in Phoenix in 2015-16. Then with the Cavs the following year. In 2016-17 he played 384 minutes for Cleveland.

Seems a very odd choice for a 2-way contract. For sure, he's intended for the Go Gos.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#3 » by keynote » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:01 am

We only get two slots for 2-way contracts, right? I'm surprised we used one on a known fringe quantity instead of a youngster with upside.

Sent from my Pixel using RealGM mobile app
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
Eli Babak
Senior
And1: 506

Post#4 » by Eli Babak » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:50 am

Well, he brings some much needed championship experience to the team. Good job Ernie!

Hopefully it's more of a camp deal because I don't see him being helpful at all.

Edit: From Wikipedia: "On January 6, 2018, McRae parted ways with Baskonia. He underwent surgery on his left shoulder in Vitoria-Gasteiz and was expected to be sidelined for five more months, missing the remainder of the season. He first got injured on September 15 and has only been able to play four games this season. He took part in three EuroLeague games, averaging five points and three fouls drawn."
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,458

Post#5 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:39 am

Eli Babak wrote:Well, he brings some much needed championship experience to the team. Good job Ernie!

Hopefully it's more of a camp deal because I don't see him being helpful at all.

Edit: From Wikipedia: "On January 6, 2018, McRae parted ways with Baskonia. He underwent surgery on his left shoulder in Vitoria-Gasteiz and was expected to be sidelined for five more months, missing the remainder of the season. He first got injured on September 15 and has only been able to play four games this season. He took part in three EuroLeague games, averaging five points and three fouls drawn."

Man, this guy averaged 5 pts in the Euro League.

Accounting for time zone difference and a favorable exchange rate, that equates to 17pts and 12 rebounds per game in the NBA.
In Rizzo we trust
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,330

Post#6 » by Kanyewest » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:19 pm

In search of the the next Garrett Temple.
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 936

Post#7 » by WallToWall » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:31 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
Eli Babak wrote:Well, he brings some much needed championship experience to the team. Good job Ernie!

Man, this guy averaged 5 pts in the Euro League.

Accounting for time zone difference and a favorable exchange rate, that equates to 17pts and 12 rebounds per game in the NBA.
Given the latest round of tariffs, it brings his average down to 4.4pts, 1.7 rbs, .7 assists on 9.8 mins... right on average with his play in the NBA pre-injury.
That said, he seems like an up and down player. He's had some good games where he's gotten over 14 pts, and many games where he's disappeared.
I'm sure there could be others who could have filled that 2-way roster spot. It does seem like EG is going after players who made their debut against the Wiz. McRae did, and so did the previous signing, I think.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
payitforward
RealGM

Post#8 » by payitforward » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:51 pm

keynote wrote:We only get two slots for 2-way contracts, right? I'm surprised we used one on a known fringe quantity instead of a youngster with upside.

Why would you be surprised, given Ernie's predilections? I'm sure they see him as a player on the Go Gos, but still... he's the same age as John Wall. Plus the injuries.... Yeah, it's a pointlessly dumb move.

I do remember him being on the all Vegas SL team in 2016.
TheBabyMaker
Starter
And1: 852

Post#9 » by TheBabyMaker » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:27 am

"

If he can bring some normal of a semblance in the locker room headcase. It will help this team. We don't need no more ballers we need psychiatrist for this team. :oops:
TheBabyMaker
Starter
And1: 852

Post#10 » by TheBabyMaker » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:33 am

Kanyewest wrote:In search of the the next Garrett Temple.

Man I miss him on this team.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#11 » by FAH1223 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:53 pm

youngWizzy
Rookie
And1: 481

Post#12 » by youngWizzy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:29 pm

Don't really understand this move at all. Is Christian Wood still available? Anas Mahmoud maybe?
Twitter: @youngwizzydfs
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#13 » by closg00 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:12 am

AHA, he has an injury history, that it explains it

Return to Washington Wizards