Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Re: Garrett... 

Post#41 » by Mr B » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:56 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I don't need to see anything else from Jason Garrett. He has already played all his cards. Last year was the final last straw with me after the Atlanta game. Can't even make a blocking assignment adjustment. If Garrett doesn't start out 2-0, I think he should be fired immediately. I was right a few years ago when I said Dez needed to go and mud turtle Witten needed to retire. I'm right about this. Garrett doesn't have what it takes to compete with the likes of a Sean Peyton or a Bill Bellichek in a big game. Using a poker term, Jason is a donkey or a fish. He belongs at the kiddie table.

I absolutely agree that he SHOULD go I’m just not convinced that he will. There is a glimmer of hope though. That glimmer is named Kris Richards. If he’s as good as he’s made out to be Jerry will fall in love with his new assistant and could be inclined to let Garrett go instead of losing Richards to another team.

It's Richard. Not Richards. :wink:

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but IMHO Kris isn't exactly head-coaching material. He could barely handle our personalities on defense as the DC. The reasoning behind Pete letting him go, was supposedly due to him losing the locker room. Pete wanted a stronger voice (Ken Norton). So, I certainly don't think he has the acumen to be a head coach if that we're indeed the case. That being said, his reputation is known as a very good DB's coach. But, beyond that I have serious doubts. It's also pretty well-known that Pete runs his defense a certain way. Richard's role was just to follow orders for the most part.

Isn’t the head coach in charge of controlling the locker room?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,424

Post#42 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:18 am

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
I absolutely agree that he SHOULD go I’m just not convinced that he will. There is a glimmer of hope though. That glimmer is named Kris Richards. If he’s as good as he’s made out to be Jerry will fall in love with his new assistant and could be inclined to let Garrett go instead of losing Richards to another team.

It's Richard. Not Richards. :wink:

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but IMHO Kris isn't exactly head-coaching material. He could barely handle our personalities on defense as the DC. The reasoning behind Pete letting him go, was supposedly due to him losing the locker room. Pete wanted a stronger voice (Ken Norton). So, I certainly don't think he has the acumen to be a head coach if that we're indeed the case. That being said, his reputation is known as a very good DB's coach. But, beyond that I have serious doubts. It's also pretty well-known that Pete runs his defense a certain way. Richard's role was just to follow orders for the most part.

My point was that Richard didn't have a big enough of a voice. It was rumored that he lost the respect from some of the players. That's why he was let go & replaced by Ken Norton.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mr B
RealGM

Post#43 » by Mr B » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:45 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:It's Richard. Not Richards. :wink:

My point was that Richard didn't have a big enough of a voice. It was rumored that he lost the respect from some of the players. That's why he was let go & replaced by Ken Norton.

It’s still really early but so far he’s done a great job in Dallas and everyone (players, coaches, and owners) have praised his coaching ability and his voice on the practice field. Again, it’s still early though. Sanjay Lal has garnered a lot of praise too.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,240

Post#44 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:53 am

IMHO, Pete Carroll lost the team and locker room after they gave away the super bowl to the Pat's.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#45 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:10 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:It's Richard. Not Richards. :wink:

Having viewed Norton's work in previous ports of call, I wouldn't necessarily call his hire "improvement"...
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

Post#46 » by Mr B » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:57 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Having viewed Norton's work in previous ports of call, I wouldn't necessarily call his hire "improvement"...

Wasn’t Norton fired from the Raiders because he was doing a horrible job with their defense?

And I have to agree with BJJ that Pete Carroll lost that locker room when he decided to give the SB to the Pats by calling a pass play at the 1 when he had the most dominant short yardage RB in the league on his team. In fact I remember Sherman going freaking nuts on the sideline at the call.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#47 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:43 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:

He may end up not being an "improvement". But, he's respected in that locker room.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#48 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:47 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:My point was that Richard didn't have a big enough of a voice. It was rumored that he lost the respect from some of the players. That's why he was let go & replaced by Ken Norton.

Wasn’t Norton fired from the Raiders because he was doing a horrible job with their defense?

And I have to agree with BJJ that Pete Carroll lost that locker room when he decided to give the SB to the Pats by calling a pass play at the 1 when he had the most dominant short yardage RB in the league on his team. In fact I remember Sherman going freaking nuts on the sideline at the call.

Lol damn ya'll are something else lol. I just dropped by to give my perspective on Richard. And ya'll immediately try to turn it around & put the blame on Carroll lol. I just wanted to give my 2 cents on the guy is all. A little inside info. :wink: :lol:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#49 » by Mr B » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:01 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Lol damn ya'll are something else lol. I just dropped by to give my perspective on Richard. And ya'll immediately try to turn it around & put the blame on Carroll lol. I just wanted to give my 2 cents on the guy is all. :lol:

No one trying to put it on Carroll, it is on Carroll. We just wanted to make sure you had your facts straight. Carroll is the head coach and is the one responsible for the tone of the locker room and was the one that made that horrible call in the SB that ultimately lead to him losing the team.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#50 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:22 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Lol damn ya'll are something else lol. I just dropped by to give my perspective on Richard. And ya'll immediately try to turn it around & put the blame on Carroll lol. I just wanted to give my 2 cents on the guy is all. :lol:

No one trying to put it on Carroll, it is on Carroll. We just wanted to make sure you had your facts straight. Carroll is the head coach and is the one responsible for the tone of the locker room and was the one that made that horrible call in the SB that ultimately lead to him losing the team.

Your right. It was awful. The entire coaching staff needed a shakeup. But, those sherman blowups you talk about involved Richard. The players also lost respect for Richard as the DC along the way. There were too many big personalities on the team. That's why things started to go south.

All I'm saying is that I don't see him as HC material. He's a fine DB's coach. But, I wouldn't hand him the keys to replace Garrett.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#51 » by Mr B » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:58 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Lol damn ya'll are something else lol. I just dropped by to give my perspective on Richard. And ya'll immediately try to turn it around & put the blame on Carroll lol. I just wanted to give my 2 cents on the guy is all. :lol:

Your right. It was awful. The entire coaching staff needed a shakeup. But, those sherman blowups you talk about involved Richard. The players also lost respect for Richard as the DC along the way. There were too many big personalities on the team. That's why things started to go south.

All I'm saying is that I don't see him as HC material. He's a fine DB's coach. But, I wouldn't hand him the keys to replace Garrett.

At this point Cowboy fans are so fed up with Garrett we view anyone as an upgrade over him. It is too early to say for sure if Richard should replace him though. So far he has done extremely well but we haven’t played a real game yet. Stephen and Jerry seem to prefer to hire from within when it comes to head coaches so that they don’t have to hire a whole new coaching staff. Of the coaches on the team right now Richard and Lal seem like the front runners. Personally I’d like to see them just hire Harbaugh and bring in a whole new staff.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#52 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:11 pm

Mr B wrote:It is too early to say for sure if Richard should replace him though. So far he has done extremely well but we haven’t played a real game yet.

Honestly, as the DC Richard was a disappointment. Dan Quinn was in charge during our 2 year Super Bowl run. Most fans will tell you that when Quinn left & Richard took over, the defense wasn't quite the same. DQ was loved by most of the players. So, it was kind of a hard act to follow.

Mr B wrote:Stephen and Jerry seem to prefer to hire from within when it comes to head coaches so that they don’t have to hire a whole new coaching staff. Of the coaches on the team right now Richard and Lal seem like the front runners..

That would seem to be the problem. :wink:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#53 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:23 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:It is too early to say for sure if Richard should replace him though. So far he has done extremely well but we haven’t played a real game yet.

Honestly, as the DC Richard was a disappointment. Dan Quinn was in charge during our 2 year Super Bowl run. Most fans will tell you that when Quinn left & Richard took over, the defense wasn't quite the same. DQ was loved by most of the players. So, it was kind of a hard act to follow.

Mr B wrote:Stephen and Jerry seem to prefer to hire from within when it comes to head coaches so that they don’t have to hire a whole new coaching staff. Of the coaches on the team right now Richard and Lal seem like the front runners..

That would seem to be the problem. :wink:

Oh... we are quite aware of "our problem" when it comes to Jerrah.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#54 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:31 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Lol damn ya'll are something else lol. I just dropped by to give my perspective on Richard. And ya'll immediately try to turn it around & put the blame on Carroll lol. I just wanted to give my 2 cents on the guy is all. :lol:

Always appreciate the perspective of someone who is familiar with a guy we aren't. It is interesting that he (Richard) is getting very positive reviews for his more "animated" coaching style. Then again - when you have the previous DB coach getting outcoached by the starting weakside linebacker for the team, we tend to look at that as a significant improvement.

Time will tell with Norton for you guys... but as a closet Raiders fan I really don't see him as much of a solution there other than being a Carroll guy.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#55 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:40 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Always appreciate the perspective of someone who is familiar with a guy we aren't. It is interesting that he (Richard) is getting very positive reviews for his more "animated" coaching style. Then again - when you have the previous DB coach getting outcoached by the starting weakside linebacker for the team, we tend to look at that as a significant improvement.

Time will tell with Norton for you guys... but as a closet Raiders fan I really don't see him as much of a solution there other than being a Carroll guy.

Norton is one of Pete's guys for sure. I would agree. It's Pete's defense. Norton will just follow orders. Richard's role was the same in that vein. At the end of the day, Pete runs the show.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#56 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:51 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Always appreciate the perspective of someone who is familiar with a guy we aren't. It is interesting that he (Richard) is getting very positive reviews for his more "animated" coaching style.

Yeah, that's definitely a Carroll coaching prerequisite. :lol:

Richard seemed like an upstanding guy/coach when he was here. I think he'll be good for you guys as a coach on that staff. But again, I believe Jerry needs to be looking outside the organization for the next HC. :wink:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#57 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:15 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I don't need to see anything else from Jason Garrett. He has already played all his cards. Last year was the final last straw with me after the Atlanta game. Can't even make a blocking assignment adjustment. If Garrett doesn't start out 2-0, I think he should be fired immediately. I was right a few years ago when I said Dez needed to go and mud turtle Witten needed to retire. I'm right about this. Garrett doesn't have what it takes to compete with the likes of a Sean Peyton or a Bill Bellichek in a big game. Using a poker term, Jason is a donkey or a fish. He belongs at the kiddie table.

What are we waiting for? Clean out the offensive coaching staff. Garrett and then Linnehan. Time is now. Coaching staff does not put our players in the best position to win. It will only get worse if we continue this course.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#58 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:54 pm

I'm still waiting. Nice performance once again by Garrett and Linehan. Not prepared and ready which is something that happens at least 5 times a year. He is killing this team and it always seems to happen when the lights shine the brightest and the pressure of the playoffs rolls around.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#59 » by Mr B » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:14 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm still waiting. Nice performance once again by Garrett and Linehan. Not prepared and ready which is something that happens at least 5 times a year. He is killing this team and it always seems to happen when the lights shine the brightest and the pressure of the playoffs rolls around.

Well they won’t the NFC East. I still think Linehan is gone regardless of how far they go in the playoffs. Garrett on the other hand I think has at least extended his time in Dallas until the end of his contract which runs out next season. They would have to get completely blown out in the 1st round for Jerry to consider firing Garrett this off season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#60 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:19 am

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm still waiting. Nice performance once again by Garrett and Linehan. Not prepared and ready which is something that happens at least 5 times a year. He is killing this team and it always seems to happen when the lights shine the brightest and the pressure of the playoffs rolls around.

Well they won’t the NFC East. I still think Linehan is gone regardless of how far they go in the playoffs. Garrett on the other hand I think has at least extended his time in Dallas until the end of his contract which runs out next season. They would have to get completely blown out in the 1st round for Jerry to consider firing Garrett this off season.

Then I want them to get blown out.

Return to Dallas Cowboys