Nassir Little

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,496

Nassir Little 

Post#1 » by cgf » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:42 pm

Seems about that time of year where we start threads for the kids in this draft, so lets talk about my fav & the biggest riser from the post-HS ASGs; Nassir Little.

A good read on what it is about his offensive game that is so exciting for me:
https://www.thestepien.com/2018/08/06/early-2019-draft-thoughts-nassir-little/

cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
skiz2
Bench Warmer
And1: 184

Re: Nassir Little 

Post#2 » by skiz2 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:13 pm

I have read some MKG comparisons lately that just really tickle me silly. The mechanics on their jumpshots are so wildly different and Little seems like a more powerful athlete.

He shoots the ball much better than he gets credit for. His mechanics are actually beautiful.

Little will be a fine player for UNC and I believe is 1B to Barrett as the top prospect in the draft.
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach
And1: 4,950

Post#3 » by NYKHardKnock » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:26 pm

Next year shaping up to be a elite lottery.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#4 » by No-Man » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:41 pm

He plays a lot like Hayward imo, bit more of a gunner than him, I think his game is similar to Kawhi's too but closer in terms of physical profile to Gordon's, has that herky-jerky style, similar length and size, Kawhi much more compact and stronger, crazy balance, I think Nassir has some issues with balance and lower body strength

Not sure he can be the absolute elite in terms of creating offense, but seems like a great bet to be a two-way All Star level wing that can be your 2nd best player in a truly good team, and those dudes are insanely valuable and a lock to go high as **** in any class
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,322

Post#5 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:53 pm

Don't think he's ever going to be a great player at creating his own shot. Don't see the wiggle in his game or the creativity with the handle. I like his spin move and I like his turn around jumper and I think his 3pt shot will be solid. But just don't see a guy you can just put the ball in his hands and know he can get you an efficient be 25. Ideally a perfect situation for him would be similar to what Jaylen Brown has found himself in. I think Little can be a good #2 option or an elite #3 option guy, who also is a stud defender. I think he will rack up a few all Stars.
cgf
RealGM

Post#6 » by cgf » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:10 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Don't think he's ever going to be a great player at creating his own shot. Don't see the wiggle in his game or the creativity with the handle. I like his spin move and I like his turn around jumper and I think his 3pt shot will be solid. But just don't see a guy you can just put the ball in his hands and know he can get you an efficient be 25. Ideally a perfect situation for him would be similar to what Jaylen Brown has found himself in. I think Little can be a good #2 option or an elite #3 option guy, who also is a stud defender. I think he will rack up a few all Stars.

I get those concerns; but what makes me such a fan is the way that his length, mechanics & the elevation he gets on his shot, should open things up for him in the NBA if he sees just moderate improvement to his handle over the coming year...as KP has shown, just pull up & shoot over dudes is an effective go to move if you can get your shot off over anyone that can stay in front of you. And if his ball handling takes a significant step between now & the start of his rookie season, there won't be many guys in the league who'll be able to bother that shot without overplaying it too much to be able to stay in front of him.

I'm not trying to sell him as a surefire #1 option, but I think the potential to be a #1 option is absolutely there because of that ability to just pull up and shoot over almost anyone. Which should make him a great 1b for a team that has a 1a guard or big...like my Knicks :-D

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#7 » by BostonCouchGM » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:52 am

He's top 3 for me along with Doumbouya and Zion. He might not be flashy but he'll be one of the best two way wings in the game. He's very similar to Kawhi and that's where I think his upside lies. I love how he competes on defense. That's really what sets him and Doumbouya apart from the other top wings.
cgf
RealGM

Post#8 » by cgf » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:55 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:He's top 3 for me along with Doumbouya and Zion. He might not be flashy but he'll be one of the best two way wings in the game. He's very similar to Kawhi and that's where I think his upside lies. I love how he competes on defense. That's really what sets him and Doumbouya apart from the other top wings.

This is going to sound dumb, but I feel like the Kawhi comp might be causing some people to under-rate Little. Because Kawhi developed so massively after being drafted, he has been the best case scenario for a lot of guys who didn’t have anywhere near the offensive polish that Nas already has.

Hell, his D isn’t close to Kawhi level at this point, but he’s a lot closer to peak-Kawhi offensively before even starting his college career than Kawhi was when he got drafted. The kid is already a high level shot maker who’s pull-up game is going to be a problem for a lot of guys in the NBA from day 1 as well as his on the ball D.

UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,244

Post#9 » by UcanUwill » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:51 pm

not overly impressed so far.
cgf
RealGM

Post#10 » by cgf » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:38 pm

UcanUwill wrote:not overly impressed so far.

Given how bad my Knicks are at tanking, I hope a lot of teams share this sentiment come draft night. I’d love to have Nas next to KP, Knox, Frank, etc. :lol:

WHether we sign anyone or not I’d love watching those kids stretch teams out & make life he’ll on them defensively.

doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#11 » by doordoor123 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:46 am

He’s going to be a different player at the start of the season than he will be at the end of the season. Just needs to become more consistent. Itll come after playing games and getting comfortable.
ItsThatEasy
Analyst
And1: 5,031

Post#12 » by ItsThatEasy » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:41 pm

Kid is going to be a monster by Summer League

Read on Twitter
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,061

Post#13 » by Hoopz Afrik » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:23 pm

I get early Wilson Chandler vibes from him but I like the guy. I think he can/will turn into a bigtime player at UNC and in the league.
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
cgf
RealGM

Post#14 » by cgf » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:44 am

LeBron_da_Don wrote:I get early Wilson Chandler vibes from him but I like the guy. I think he can/will turn into a bigtime player at UNC and in the league.

I can see some Wilson Chandler in him, but Nas is longer, a better shooter (especially off the dribble), and, most importantly, much more aggressive & hungry. The kid has an intensity that Wilson never had.

Curtis Lemansky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 249

Post#15 » by Curtis Lemansky » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:01 pm

Paul George maybe?

Sent from my SM-G930F using RealGM mobile app
"I don't step aside, I step up." - Vic Mackey
"My name is my name" - Marlo Stanfield
"If you come at the king, you best not miss" - Omar Little

Formerly known as nostradamus2005
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,322

Post#16 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:07 pm

I really like Little. I love his physical stature and his mindset. The lack of fluidity and wiggle offensively is my biggest concern with him. Im not sure how much of a threat he will ever be at creating his own shot. He is definitely still in my top 4, I just question his offensive updside a lot more than the other 3.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,127

Post#17 » by clyde21 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:18 pm

Best prospect in the draft followed by Zion.
skiz2
Bench Warmer

Post#18 » by skiz2 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:24 pm

Curtis Lemansky wrote:Paul George maybe?

Sent from my SM-G930F using RealGM mobile app

I don’t think he is as creative offensively as George. I see Reddish as a Paul George type.

I think that Little is on the Jaylen Brown type track of development and style. High level robin who is willing to do anything on the court.

Wanted to add as well that my buddy went to the Roy Williams court ceremonies. All the pros came back to chapel hill and played pickup for the public along with the current players. Said that Little was the best player on the court regardless of pro experience. Said he dunked on people, talked trash and was hitting step back threes. He then said when everyone was leaving that Little and Coby White stayed behind and got more shots up.
skiz2
Bench Warmer

Post#19 » by skiz2 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:41 pm

clyde21 wrote:Best prospect in the draft followed by Zion.

I think that Little and Barrett are 1a and 1b, followed by Zion and Reddish.

I was high on Zion before, but damn if I am not tempted to have him leapfrog Little and Barrett. Gotta wait til the season starts. If I had to rank them based off of rawness, highest floor, highest ceiling I would go:

Rawness:

1. Little
2. Zion
3. Barrett
4. Reddish

Highest Floor:

1. Barrett
2. Little
3. Zion
4. Reddish

Highest Ceiling:

1. Reddish
2. Little
3. Zion
4. Barrett

I think Little presents scouts with an opportunity to have a seriously high ceiling and relatively high floor. I think he, Zion and Cam are so much farther from their ceilings than Barrett and that Little is right behind Barrett in terms of highest floor.

These four are going to be fun to track!
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,764

Post#20 » by Upperclass » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:09 pm

Reminds me of Corey maggette

Return to NBA Draft