Image ImageImage Image

Bulls Gold Pod episodes w/Ronnie Brewer Jr.

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,335

Re: Semi-OT: New Bulls Website/Podcast - 

Post#41 » by fleet » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:28 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:Appreciate all the support guys

Good luck Red.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Devinpo
Junior
And1: 189

Re: Bulls Gold Podcast: New EP #8 released Aug. 20th 

Post#42 » by Devinpo » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:07 am

I’ve listened to them all and I drive for work so I love a good pod. Loving what you are doing bro keep it up.
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#43 » by JimmyJammer » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:32 pm

Hey Edward (AKA Red), it has been a pleasure to listen to your podcast. I was playing catch-up because I had not started listening from the beginning, but I have finally caught on to all the episodes. I love the music intros, and when it comes to Bulls basketball, you and our other Realgmers, Salim and Mark, have nailed it. You have been very professional in the way you facilitate the discussions and the way you express your thoughts. Salim started with some expected butterflies, but he came across really nicely on the follow-up episode. It is very comforting to finally find a podcast that feels like an extension of the RealGM knowledge base. Kudos!!!
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#44 » by Red Larrivee » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:20 pm

JimmyJammer wrote:Hey Edward (AKA Red), it has been a pleasure to listen to your podcast. I was playing catch-up because I had not started listening from the beginning, but I have finally caught on to all the episodes. I love the music intros, and when it comes to Bulls basketball, you and our other Realgmers, Salim and Mark, have nailed it. You have been very professional in the way you facilitate the discussions and the way you express your thoughts. Salim started with some expected butterflies, but he came across really nicely on the follow-up episode. It is very comforting to finally find a podcast that feels like an extension of the RealGM knowledge base. Kudos!!!

Thank you for the kind words man.

New Episode released this morning:
https://apple.co/2Nnnv3D

- More Wendell Carter discussion following the rookie survey
- Over/Under
- New segment called 3Peat. We ranked our Top 3 Post-Jordan Bulls performances to start it off.
- Jimmy Butler and the Lakers

Links to Google Play, Stitcher, Podbean, TuneIn added to the OP.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Re: Bulls Gold Podcast: EP #9 released Aug. 27th 

Post#45 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:02 am

Thanks. Really enjoyed the latest episode guys. Well done.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#46 » by johnnyvann840 » Sun Sep 2, 2018 8:19 am

Suggestion for a topic. Should Wendell Carter Jr. be our starting 5 on opening night or preseason, regardless of what happens in camp? Should we start Robin Lopez or just throw the rookie into the fire right off the bat. Should Fred make it a faux "competition" like he did in the case of Taj and Niko a few years ago (which I thought was a mistake) or just come out and say that Robin is coming off the bench and say we are going with the youth movement? Again, I think he made a mistake last season with the whole Niko and Bobby situation and it caused a lot of problems for the team right off the bat. He also botched the whole thing with Noah in his first season here and then lied about Jo coming to him and saying he wanted to come off the bench. Then, Noah came right out and called Fred a liar. So, every season, so far, Fred has had an issue with the bigs and their roles. Once again, we have a similar situation with Wendell and Robin.

Also, it's been brought up here but should we attempt to bring Deng in as a veteran leader in the locker room and as a defensive mentor to our young wings. We don't want to take minutes away from Hutchison, but Deng would be better occupying a roster spot then Archie or A. Cleveland, IMO. It would be nice to see Lu retire as a Bull. He's a fan favorite and it would be nice to see him in red and black again. He just turned 33, a couple of months ago, so he's not ancient or anything and might be helpful as a strong personality around the young guys. He could also help defensively if he has anything left in the tank.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Red Larrivee
RealGM

Post#47 » by Red Larrivee » Mon Sep 3, 2018 12:50 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:Suggestion for a topic. Should Wendell Carter Jr. be our starting 5 on opening night or preseason, regardless of what happens in camp? Should we start Robin Lopez or just throw the rookie into the fire right off the bat. Should Fred make it a faux "competition" like he did in the case of Taj and Niko a few years ago (which I thought was a mistake) or just come out and say that Robin is coming off the bench and say we are going with the youth movement? Again, I think he made a mistake last season with the whole Niko and Bobby situation and it caused a lot of problems for the team right off the bat. He also botched the whole thing with Noah in his first season here and then lied about Jo coming to him and saying he wanted to come off the bench. Then, Noah came right out and called Fred a liar. So, every season, so far, Fred has had an issue with the bigs and their roles. Once again, we have a similar situation with Wendell and Robin.

Also, it's been brought up here but should we attempt to bring Deng in as a veteran leader in the locker room and as a defensive mentor to our young wings. We don't want to take minutes away from Hutchison, but Deng would be better occupying a roster spot then Archie or A. Cleveland, IMO. It would be nice to see Lu retire as a Bull. He's a fan favorite and it would be nice to see him in red and black again. He just turned 33, a couple of months ago, so he's not ancient or anything and might be helpful as a strong personality around the young guys. He could also help defensively if he has anything left in the tank.

We talked a little bit about the chances of Carter or playing more minutes than Lopez in one of the more recent episodes. If Wendell is on fire out the gate, I could definitely see a scenario where he plays more minutes but Lopez is still the "starter." I'd be good with that. It'll be interesting to watch the use of Lopez and Holiday this year.

We talked a little bit about Deng in yesterday's episode. I'll post the links in a few
Red Larrivee
RealGM

Post#48 » by Red Larrivee » Mon Sep 3, 2018 12:55 pm

Episode 10:

- The Bulls front office promotions and if there's any significance in the moves.
- Gar Forman's role in the front office and whether or not he still has value to the team's struture.
- Lauri Markkanen's future contract worth
- Our Top 3 Bulls moves we were wrong about

ITunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/promotions-for-everyone/id1408690627?i=1000419004656&mt=2

Google Play:
https://play.google.com/music/m/D3tnz4tdogr5xcybruvy52isghy?t=Promotions_For_Everyone-Bulls_Gold_Chicago_Bulls_Podcast

Stitcher:
https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/edward-shuler/bulls-gold?refid=stpr

Podbean:
https://bullsgold.podbean.com/e/promotions-for-everyone/
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#49 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon Sep 3, 2018 3:11 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:Suggestion for a topic. Should Wendell Carter Jr. be our starting 5 on opening night or preseason, regardless of what happens in camp? Should we start Robin Lopez or just throw the rookie into the fire right off the bat. Should Fred make it a faux "competition" like he did in the case of Taj and Niko a few years ago (which I thought was a mistake) or just come out and say that Robin is coming off the bench and say we are going with the youth movement? Again, I think he made a mistake last season with the whole Niko and Bobby situation and it caused a lot of problems for the team right off the bat. He also botched the whole thing with Noah in his first season here and then lied about Jo coming to him and saying he wanted to come off the bench. Then, Noah came right out and called Fred a liar. So, every season, so far, Fred has had an issue with the bigs and their roles. Once again, we have a similar situation with Wendell and Robin.

We talked a little bit about the chances of Carter or playing more minutes than Lopez in one of the more recent episodes. If Wendell is on fire out the gate, I could definitely see a scenario where he plays more minutes but Lopez is still the "starter." I'd be good with that. It'll be interesting to watch the use of Lopez and Holiday this year.

We talked a little bit about Deng in yesterday's episode. I'll post the links in a few

Listened last night (early morning), but fell asleep. If wasn't you guys.. lol. I was at a BBQ and been drinking and I don't drink much these days, so it knocked me out good and I fell asleep. Gonna fire it up again here in a few after my morning swim.
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#50 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon Sep 3, 2018 3:14 pm

Oh, and I liked that you guys talked a little Bears in the beginning. That is a good thing. Agree, the Khalil Mack deal was a STEAL.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#51 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Sep 4, 2018 8:37 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:Oh, and I liked that you guys talked a little Bears in the beginning. That is a good thing. Agree, the Khalil Mack deal was a STEAL.

Really appreciate you listening consistently Johnny!
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Red Larrivee
RealGM

Re: Bulls Gold Podcast: EP #10 released Sep. 3rd 

Post#52 » by Red Larrivee » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:12 pm

Episode 11 is out. Doug Thonus joined us and discussed his time covering the Bulls, and talked about some of his most memorable experiences in the media. We did a temperature check on the Bulls offseason and capped the discussion with win predictions. Also discussed David Nwaba, Luol Deng, Tom Thibodeau, Jimmy Butler and more.

iTunes: https://apple.co/2MhZtp8
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2MdaxUI
Stitcher: http://bit.ly/2MddjJC

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Re: Bulls Gold Podcast: EP #11 released Sep. 10th 

Post#53 » by johnnyvann840 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:49 am

Listened to the latest episode tonight. Awesome stuff from Doug. Enjoyed those stories from back in the days he was covering the team and blogging . Great idea to have a post game podcast after the first preseason game. Keep em coming guys, they keep getting better.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,937
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#54 » by MalagaBulls » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:11 am

Red Larrivee wrote:I've been working on a new Chicago Bulls website called Bulls Gold. For this website, we thought it would be a great idea to feature many of the knowledgeable posters from the RealGM board. We reached out to several posters from the board, and Ralph, RedBulls23, Kulaz3000, Dantown, AshyLarry and BuffaloBull, have all decided to contribute. Right now, the website is in a soft launch and we will push it harder closer to the regular season.

We’ve also started a podcast for the website, that’s up and running. The first five episodes I ran solo, but for the latest episode Mark K and RedBulls23 joined me for a general discussion of the team. We talked about the progress of the Bulls rebuild a year later and how the pieces may or may not fit. We also discussed the team’s veteran players in Robin Lopez and Justin Holiday, as well as the Cleveland Cavaliers signing David Nwaba. It was a really fun episode to record, considering we’ve all been posting on the board for a while. I want to thank them again for jumping on this episode with me.

You can listen to the episode on iTunes (and most podcast platforms - Google Play, Stitcher, Podbean, etc.): https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/fitting-the-pieces/id1408690627?i=1000417264742&mt=2

Podbean
Stitcher
TuneIn
Blubrry
New episodes will release every Monday.

You can also follow on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/BullsGold

I’m really excited about this website and all the people that are contributing to it so far. Let us know what you think of this episode and I’m also open to anyone else who would like to contribute to the website and podcast. We’re looking to make this something really special going forward.

Red, great stuff. If you ever decide to simultaneously do a podcast in English/Spanish or just Spanish PM me. I could help with Spanish content. There are millions of Spanish speaking NBA fans. MB
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,937
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Re: Semi-OT: New Bullsx Website/Podcast - "Bulls Gold" 

Post#55 » by MalagaBulls » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:37 am

Ralphb07 wrote:Red is a long time RealGm buddy of mine and looking forward to helping out anyway I can. With Mark, Buffalo RB, Ashy, Dantown, Kulaz etc I think he has assembled a group of knowledgeable guys with different takes on things. You don’t have too many Bulls sites like this.

Best wishes Red

Hi Ralph, I offered to collaborate with Red on Spanish content. Hope I can help.
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#56 » by Ralphb07 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:55 am

Doug killed it. Great great listen.
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#57 » by JimmyJammer » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:57 am

Episode 11 was very fun to listen to. Again, Edward and Salim did a fantastic job, but Doug sounded right at home. Doug sounded like a pro who has been doing this for a living for years. Kudos to him. He knows his stuff, especially Bulls stuff. He disclosed some info about the time he was covering the Bulls as a blogger that were quite informative. That Brad Miller story was priceless, lol. Great work, guys.
contestedlayups
Sixth Man
And1: 1,490

Post#58 » by contestedlayups » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:45 pm

Hey everyone. On our latest episode of Contested Layups, Ed joined the show to discuss the Bulls and the Timberwolves and where they figure to finish in their respective conferences for this upcoming season. Check out our show on the link below:

Itunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/contested-layups-a-basketball-podcast/id1331840924?mt=2
Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/contested-layups
Google Play: https://play.google.com/music/listen?u=0#/ps/Ijt6whz2xwncsdryl3hkagtuzva

We hope you enjoy the content! Thanks again to Ed for coming on!
Subscribe to Contested Layups on iTunes or Google Play!

Itunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/contested-layups/id1331840924
Red Larrivee
RealGM

Post#59 » by Red Larrivee » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:33 pm

contestedlayups wrote:Hey everyone. On our latest episode of Contested Layups, Ed joined the show to discuss the Bulls and the Timberwolves and where they figure to finish in their respective conferences for this upcoming season. Check out our show on the link below:

Itunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/contested-layups-a-basketball-podcast/id1331840924?mt=2
Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/contested-layups
Google Play: https://play.google.com/music/listen?u=0#/ps/Ijt6whz2xwncsdryl3hkagtuzva

We hope you enjoy the content! Thanks again to Ed for coming on!

No problem man. Pleasure doing it.
Red Larrivee
RealGM

Post#60 » by Red Larrivee » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:36 pm

Episode 12 is up. We went light on deep analysis of the current roster and talked about Anthony Davis changing agents and if the Bulls could be setup to acquire him in the future. Touched more on Jimmy Butler's situation in Minnesota after the recent news of a meeting to discuss his long-term future. Also discussed our Top 3 Bold Predictions for the season in this week's 3Peat.

iTunes: https://apple.co/2xpamRN
Stitcher: http://bit.ly/2MHRZfm

Return to Chicago Bulls