Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,735

Re: The Official Jazz Off-Topic Thread 

Post#481 » by AingesBurner » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:12 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
Daddy 801 wrote:I recently got a new phone. It made me sign into my old realgm account and my phone said that version was no longer supported. Went and looked in the App Store and couldn’t find a realgm app. What is everyone using to read these forums? Is there an app and I just didn’t see it? Thanks.

RealGMForum

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

I get no results in the App Store when I search that. How is there no app?

They may have taken down the app bro, I can't find it either.
Ingles is cooked.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,423

Post#482 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:04 pm

If you're talking about an Android OS, there is a RealGM app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapatalk.forumsrealgmcomboards
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#483 » by Daddy 801 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:46 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:If you're talking about an Android OS, there is a RealGM app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapatalk.forumsrealgmcomboards

On an iPhone
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#484 » by AingesBurner » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:00 am

I finally watched Undercover Boss with Greg, he is the most vanilla dude, no wonder the team went to hell.
Ingles is cooked.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#485 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:11 am

I finally watched Hereditary and Terminator Genisys. Hereditary is good, but over-hyped. It's also very slow, but it definitely is a good movie.

Terminator Genisys? Not so much. In fact, it's pretty awful and I hated it from the start. Couldn't get myself to finish it.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#486 » by KqWIN » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:36 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:I finally watched Hereditary and Terminator Genisys. Hereditary is good, but over-hyped. It's also very slow, but it definitely is a good movie.

Terminator Genisys? Not so much. In fact, it's pretty awful and I hated it from the start. Couldn't get myself to finish it.

What did you think of the ending of hereditary?
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#487 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:50 pm

KqWIN wrote:What did you think of the ending of hereditary?

I didn't have a problem with it. While I was confused by several events that took place after the introduction of the supernatural element (which in my opinion did not serve the movie well and it was better off without the whole
Spoiler:
haunting
thing, because it was too cliche for my taste and wasn't executed all that well, and some things that happened with it didn't\don't make sense
Spoiler:
like the wife throwing the book in the fire but the husband getting burned, or decapitating the dead body of the grandmother, which doesn't seem to serve any purpose and only causes confusion with the decapitated body of the young daughter, for example
but that's just my opinion), once it got close to the end and some exposition was introduced, it turned out I managed to figure things out rather early and it made sense to me. The ending is very reminiscent of
Spoiler:
Rosemary's Baby and\or Kill List
, which isn't a bad thing.

But while it's a good movie (especially the acting) there are some issues with it for my taste. It is certainly molded after and takes inspiration from some of the classics in the genre, but I don't think it is a classic by any stretch, which doesn't mean it's not good. But I do think, after seeing it, that it was over-hyped.

KDBG
Starter
And1: 1,368

Post#488 » by KDBG » Sat Sep 1, 2018 12:17 pm

KqWIN wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:I finally watched Hereditary and Terminator Genisys. Hereditary is good, but over-hyped. It's also very slow, but it definitely is a good movie.

My dad worked on that film.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#489 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Sep 1, 2018 6:41 pm

KDBG wrote:
KqWIN wrote:

My dad worked on that film.

That's awesome. It is a very good movie from a technical standpoint - the cinematography, photography, editing, sound, makeup and all the rest is very good, so your father deserves part of the credit for that.

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#490 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:02 pm

Don't know if anyone is going to be affected (hope not), but hope everyone stay safe out there with the incoming storm.

AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#491 » by AingesBurner » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:30 am

Hey bro's, I made a career switch and started at Murdock GM in Logan, if anyone is looking for a car, hit me up and I'll hook a realgm brotha up.
Ingles is cooked.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#492 » by Inigo Montoya » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:48 am

Watched the movie Mandy the other day. I'd say that for me, it is much closer to a cult classic than Hereditary (which is a good movie in it's own right). It's quite a trip, and well worth watching.

AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#493 » by AingesBurner » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:35 pm

I watched Gotti and was really disappointed, you can tell an Irishman did it because there was barely any Italians.
Ingles is cooked.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,059

Post#494 » by FJS » Thu Oct 4, 2018 9:04 pm

Just playing The witcher 3, Goty versión in ps4. I know, it's 3 years old but I did not played at the time. Really good game, great atmosphere.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#495 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Oct 5, 2018 2:09 am

FJS wrote:Just playing The witcher 3, Goty versión in ps4. I know, it's 3 years old but I did not played at the time. Really good game, great atmosphere.

It's freaking amazing. As are the books, which I highly recommend.

El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#496 » by El Hespiritu » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:35 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:
FJS wrote:Just playing The witcher 3, Goty versión in ps4. I know, it's 3 years old but I did not played at the time. Really good game, great atmosphere.

It's freaking amazing. As are the books, which I highly recommend.

(gettin' out from Spektral Phase...)

They are entertaining. The three first ones, the best of them.

I just opened a topic abut Anime at Media Lounge... then I found it was another older one existing and I deleted it.

My best of this last season (finished one week ago) has been Asobi Asobase:
I just couldn't stop laughing the entire serie.

And the Ending Song is lite: The three girls' voice actresses (they are not pro singers) singing a song of japanese Thrash Metal band Foad.

Inkya Imparusu
(Negative Impulse)
Apostoflant!:

Addendum: Nice to see all of you again. Aiyä!
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#497 » by Inigo Montoya » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:35 pm

I this edition of "Inigo Montoya is not an alcoholic--no, really, he isn't," I thought I'd recommend a few beverages I tried lately.

Don't know if anyone tried to drink fernet. If you think of trying it, know that it tastes like a minty medicine. It does work as a small shot after a meal (it is a digestif, after all) but it is an acquired taste for sure. It's not a bad mix with cola though.

Captain Morgan's dark rum was a positive surprise.

Bärenjäger is nice for those who like sweet alcoholic drinks. It's a honey liqueur and the taste of honey is very noticeable.The one I have was supposed to have honey and pear flavors but you really can't taste the pear. It's still good.

Saved the best for last. Couldn't find Blackwater's strawberry gin, so I went with Mombasa Club strawberry gin, and it is just as awesome. A bit sweeter and the taste is stronger, but it is really good. I highly recommend either.

DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 9,337

The Official Jazz Off-Topic Thread 

Post#498 » by DelaneyRudd » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:32 am

Fernet is great. Tastes like fertile earth and toothpaste. Refreshing. I’m ready for the British Gin invasion to hit the states. I was in Uk, Ireland and Central Europe for months recently and realized the USA is way more hipster about cocktails and beer. Only Edinburgh compared and that’s Great city. Anyways Yorkshire and the rest of England had interesting Gins. I tried s few and I like.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#499 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:23 pm

Irish gins are really great - can't recommend them enough. Fernet is definitely an acquired taste, but it goes down well as a small shot right out of the freezer after a meal, or with Cola. It is refreshing.

AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#500 » by AingesBurner » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:42 pm

Henry McKenna 10 Year BIB is amazing right of the freezer, you can really taste corn.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Ingles is cooked.

Return to Utah Jazz