ImageImageImageImage

OT- Official Gaming Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

AddiFB
Veteran
And1: 2,459

Re: OT- Official Gaming Thread 

Post#321 » by AddiFB » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:01 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:I havent played a cod game in years and i miss the pick up and play, run and gun aspect of it. Am i crazy to be considering the new one?

I bought Infinite Warfare on sale recently (and got Modern Warfare Remastered DL code with it) and I liked it more than I thought. Some missions are a bit repeatitive but it's still a good fun I think. I haven't started MW yet but will soon.

I also liked COD:WW2 way more than I thought. Same with Battlefield 4.

Also, I would recommend Wolfenstein: The New Order and Old Blood, as well as DOOM as a run and gun game. That stuff is fun.
- Orlando Magic fan since 1991 -
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,609

Post#322 » by ChosenSavior » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:23 pm

Read on Twitter

Just preordered. GCU does work on this purchase and Best Buy will also give an extra $10 in rewards for preordering.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#323 » by ChosenSavior » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:24 pm

This was such a wonderful surprise this morning...

Read on Twitter
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#324 » by ChosenSavior » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:26 pm

Last day to take advantage of the 20% discount on preorders on Amazon...

Read on Twitter
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#325 » by ChosenSavior » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:28 pm

If there is anyone on the Live 19 demo on the PS4 and wants to do some LIve Events, let's run some games. Heck any game in general, my PS4 tag is ElfGod82.
Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst
And1: 4,387

Post#326 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:50 pm

ChosenSavior wrote:If there is anyone on the Live 19 demo on the PS4 and wants to do some LIve Events, let's run some games. Heck any game in general, my PS4 tag is ElfGod82.

I'll add you. My tag is immaturesports

I have Battlefield 4 and will get 2k19 and Fifa 19 in a few days
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#327 » by ChosenSavior » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:04 pm

Mauro Pedrosa wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:If there is anyone on the Live 19 demo on the PS4 and wants to do some LIve Events, let's run some games. Heck any game in general, my PS4 tag is ElfGod82.

I'll add you. My tag is immaturesports

I have Battlefield 4 and will get 2k19 and Fifa 19 in a few days

I'll have 2k19 on the 7th since I picked up the Anniversary Edition. Either way, I play just about everything so it doesn't matter what we play. That goes for everyone participating/lurking this thread.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#328 » by ChosenSavior » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:06 pm

Some great indies coming out for the Switch...

Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst

Post#329 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:19 am

I really want to save up for one of these things

Maybe mid 2019 I'll get it
AddiFB
Veteran
And1: 2,459

Post#330 » by AddiFB » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:48 pm

Mauro Pedrosa wrote:I really want to save up for one of these things

I bought the Xbox One version of that steering wheel. The steering wheel itself and pedals felt nice quality for the price, but I ended up unhappy when I started playing with it. I bought it for my Xbox One, but needed a better setup in my living room so I used it on my PC in my study room. Didn't get to try it on Xbox, but on a PC I had issues that I couldn't solve for some reason and made me regret the purchase.

I'll put a disclamer here that some of my issues might have been caused by a faulty steering wheel, but the issues I had with the pedalbox are legit. I bought it new, not second-hand.

Some points from top of my head:

* It's gear driven instead of belt driven. The gears feel grindy and loud. You get no real sense of steering in this thing, it's more like you're steering a dump truck through minefield in a lava rockbed.

* The force feedback either is too powerful or too weak and it does not feel natural. It feels very mechanical and kicks too much. Just driving over white lines on the road was like driving over an open manhole.

* There's a big force feedback dead spot in the top dead position, I'd say about 1/3 of an inch, it really bothered me because it kinda effed with the fine steering at higher speeds.

* Many times I had to close the game and restart the steering wheel, because it would take control out of my hand when turning at speeds or drifting and turn itself full-lock in one direction, then the other direction and the motors would stick in that position. You could hear the motors struggling with the lock.

* The settings, although plentiful, didn't really tell me what I was adjusting, really, so I had no idea what I was doing and it didn't really feel like lots of change between settings. I was getting really frustrated.

* The pedals are fine for accelerator and clutch. The brake pedal however, is absolutely useless out of the box. Not sure if it's just in the G920 (Xbox/PC) but Logitech added a rubber piece under the pedal to give it a different "braking feel". Only thing it did was making it almost impossible to brake to a stop. I literally was STANDING up straight, putting A LOT of body weight on the darn brakes but still my Ferrari was rolling at 4mph on flat surface in Forza Horizon 3. Trying to brake at 150mph was like sticking your foot out the door Flintstone-style and hoping you'd stop. I searched online and many were opening the pedal box to remove this rubber piece, so I did also, and what a difference it made. Now it was possible to stop in less than a mile.

* I bought the gear-shifter too, it was fine but a little too "light". Needs more weight to it. Only real issue I had, it was easy to hit fifth when going for third.

* I returned the G920 and shifter after trying to live with it for 3 weeks. If you can return it for full refund, go ahead and see if you have the same or similar issues. If not, it should be a decent entry level steering wheel/pedals. I recommend getting the shifter too. Is it maybe included in the G29 version?
- Orlando Magic fan since 1991 -
Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst

Post#331 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:25 pm

AddiFB wrote:
Mauro Pedrosa wrote:I really want to save up for one of these things

I bought the Xbox One version of that steering wheel. The steering wheel itself and pedals felt nice quality for the price, but I ended up unhappy when I started playing with it. I bought it for my Xbox One, but needed a better setup in my living room so I used it on my PC in my study room. Didn't get to try it on Xbox, but on a PC I had issues that I couldn't solve for some reason and made me regret the purchase.

I'll put a disclamer here that some of my issues might have been caused by a faulty steering wheel, but the issues I had with the pedalbox are legit. I bought it new, not second-hand.

Some points from top of my head:

* It's gear driven instead of belt driven. The gears feel grindy and loud. You get no real sense of steering in this thing, it's more like you're steering a dump truck through minefield in a lava rockbed.

* The force feedback either is too powerful or too weak and it does not feel natural. It feels very mechanical and kicks too much. Just driving over white lines on the road was like driving over an open manhole.

* There's a big force feedback dead spot in the top dead position, I'd say about 1/3 of an inch, it really bothered me because it kinda effed with the fine steering at higher speeds.

* Many times I had to close the game and restart the steering wheel, because it would take control out of my hand when turning at speeds or drifting and turn itself full-lock in one direction, then the other direction and the motors would stick in that position. You could hear the motors struggling with the lock.

* The settings, although plentiful, didn't really tell me what I was adjusting, really, so I had no idea what I was doing and it didn't really feel like lots of change between settings. I was getting really frustrated.

* The pedals are fine for accelerator and clutch. The brake pedal however, is absolutely useless out of the box. Not sure if it's just in the G920 (Xbox/PC) but Logitech added a rubber piece under the pedal to give it a different "braking feel". Only thing it did was making it almost impossible to brake to a stop. I literally was STANDING up straight, putting A LOT of body weight on the darn brakes but still my Ferrari was rolling at 4mph on flat surface in Forza Horizon 3. Trying to brake at 150mph was like sticking your foot out the door Flintstone-style and hoping you'd stop. I searched online and many were opening the pedal box to remove this rubber piece, so I did also, and what a difference it made. Now it was possible to stop in less than a mile.

* I bought the gear-shifter too, it was fine but a little too "light". Needs more weight to it. Only real issue I had, it was easy to hit fifth when going for third.

* I returned the G920 and shifter after trying to live with it for 3 weeks. If you can return it for full refund, go ahead and see if you have the same or similar issues. If not, it should be a decent entry level steering wheel/pedals. I recommend getting the shifter too. Is it maybe included in the G29 version?

I watched a little bit of the video I posted and the guy was using an older shifter (I believe the PS3 one) and it was compatible with the PS4 one.

Thanks for the detailed analysis, I've always been curious about getting something like that so I can avoid driving really fast in real life lol
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,326

Post#332 » by PrimeThyme » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:18 am

Read on Twitter

2k ratings this year. AG gets an 82. They have Bamba starting over Vuc which is weird and gave him a 77 rating.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,528

Post#333 » by Furinkazan » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:33 pm

anybody old enough to remember this game? :lol:
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#334 » by ChosenSavior » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:57 pm

Furinkazan wrote:

This game was hot garbage but my friends and I still put hours into this game along with Ultimate Battle 22 lol.
Furinkazan
General Manager

Post#335 » by Furinkazan » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:57 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:
Read on Twitter

2k ratings this year. AG gets an 82. They have Bamba starting over Vuc which is weird and gave him a 77 rating.

Ugly
Evan again with 79 I was hoping they would add at least a point and make it 80.They took away a point from Ross?This team will be unplayable.Like I said before ratings are bogus with Lamb having propably same rating as Evan while Batum got 77.AG ened last season with 82 and thats what he gets.They could have give him 83or 84 as its expected he will get better.Freakin Kuzma with 80?Yeah give him 92 already cause he is on a Lebron team now.
Im buying live this year.
Furinkazan
General Manager

Post#336 » by Furinkazan » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:59 pm

ChosenSavior wrote:
Furinkazan wrote:

This game was hot garbage but my friends and I still put hours into this game along with Ultimate Battle 22 lol.

That epic Hero of Heroes theme tho :wink: :lol:
Like someone in the comment section said

This track gave me hair on my chest as a kid. It made me go into puberty.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#337 » by ChosenSavior » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:18 pm

2K prelude demo is dropping at midnight tonight everyone.

Also thoughts on the Neighborhood trailer that 2K dropped yesterday?
Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst

Post#338 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:59 am

Haven't bought a 2k in a while and just got caught up on the Expansion Team mode. That stuff is reeeeally cool and the level of customization is awesome
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,204

Post#339 » by thelead » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:21 pm

I am not buying 2k this year... unless I find it an unbelievable price. This year seriously looks like just a roster upgrade. I have bought an NBA game for 21 years straight (or gifted when I was a kid) and the steak appears like it will end this year.
Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst

Post#340 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:35 pm

Just bought 2k19. Hadn't played one since 2k14 so there are some things that are nagging me. I feel like they made the controls overly complex and leads to annoying mistakes. For example, L1 is the pick and roll button but if you have the choice to icon pass and you press L1 you'll pass it to the guy closest to the basket.

The pick and roll commands are just useless and so is double teaming on defense.

The most annoying part is the timer for layups and dunks, though. Back in the day you'd just move the stick with full force whenever you were close to the basket to perform a quick dunk or a layup but now you have the timer and it just leads to the CPU having the time to block your shot over and over again. You have the choice to turn off layup timing but it still doesn't feel as intuitive as 2k14.

Hall of Fame CPU gets all the defensive rebounds and easy fast breaks and they never miss open shots but that's something I'll have to deal with once I get rid of the rust.

Return to Orlando Magic