ImageImage

OT | Cars

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,348

Re: OT | Cars 

Post#281 » by ackypoo » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:15 am

i went to go test drive a kia stinger. no luck, i couldnt get in the thing comfortably. hoping when the genesis g70 hits the market its based on the sonata. or maybe a genesis g80 sport. i dunno.
ackypoo
Lead Assistant

Post#282 » by ackypoo » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:21 am

SupremeHustle wrote:
Buck You wrote:I like my 2015 fusion but since ford is ditching them my new car def won’t be a ford.

Sedans are an endangered species.

price of gas is going up. it might swing back to sedans. or maybe in a dream scenario we are offered hybrids and electrics that are moderately priced.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,319

Post#283 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:10 am

ackypoo wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:
Buck You wrote:I like my 2015 fusion but since ford is ditching them my new car def won’t be a ford.

Sedans are an endangered species.

price of gas is going up. it might swing back to sedans. or maybe in a dream scenario we are offered hybrids and electrics that are moderately priced.

The affordable hybrids and electrics are a virtual lock.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,900

Post#284 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:40 am

Yup
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,882

Post#285 » by buckboy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:32 am

I'd never buy a coupe. I'm a big dude. Sedans all the way.

I'd buy the Tesla S, but I have no faith in Tesla whatsoever. I think they'll be bankrupt soon.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
ackypoo
Lead Assistant

Post#286 » by ackypoo » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:59 am

buckboy wrote:I'd never buy a coupe. I'm a big dude. Sedans all the way.

I'd buy the Tesla S, but I have no faith in Tesla whatsoever. I think they'll be bankrupt soon.

coupes have significantly more legroom and wider births.

im **** huge. i can easily get in and out of my 2 door pony car but cant get in the drivers seat on half the modern suvs.
buckboy
RealGM

Post#287 » by buckboy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:49 pm

ackypoo wrote:

im **** huge. i can easily get in and out of my 2 door pony car but cant get in the drivers seat on half the modern suvs.

I've not had the same experience. I always drove Cadillac or Buick sedans (old crappy ones) just because I fit so well in them. I actually haven't driven a car in 20 years, but I'm thinking of getting one now that it's easier to afford a 3rd car. I drive a big old Yukon XL and have since about 2000. No trouble fitting in that guy.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#288 » by HurricaneKid » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:08 pm

buckboy wrote:
ackypoo wrote:

I've not had the same experience. I always drove Cadillac or Buick sedans (old crappy ones) just because I fit so well in them. I actually haven't driven a car in 20 years, but I'm thinking of getting one now that it's easier to afford a 3rd car. I drive a big old Yukon XL and have since about 2000. No trouble fitting in that guy.

Well criminy, the Yukon XL is damn near a freighter. I think he means more like the Nissan Juke, Jeep Compass, the Acura RDX, and all the other "small" SUVs that were competing with sedans and not actually meant to ever leave the concrete. When SUVs came out they were all BIG. Now there is a whole segment that are compact cars just a little taller.

And agree that coupes are FAR more likely to have a LOT more leg room for the taller among us. But getting in that low isn't ideal either. I'm looking for a new car (newish) and I have no idea what I'm going to end up with.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
ackypoo
Lead Assistant

Post#289 » by ackypoo » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:13 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:Well criminy, the Yukon XL is damn near a freighter. I think he means more like the Nissan Juke, Jeep Compass, the Acura RDX, and all the other "small" SUVs that were competing with sedans and not actually meant to ever leave the concrete. When SUVs came out they were all BIG. Now there is a whole segment that are compact cars just a little taller.

And agree that coupes are FAR more likely to have a LOT more leg room for the taller among us. But getting in that low isn't ideal either. I'm looking for a new car (newish) and I have no idea what I'm going to end up with.

Yeah, that was more in line what I was thinking. Even mid sized SUV's arent really that comfortable for tall folks.
buckboy
RealGM

Post#290 » by buckboy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:04 pm

ackypoo wrote:
HurricaneKid wrote:Well criminy, the Yukon XL is damn near a freighter. I think he means more like the Nissan Juke, Jeep Compass, the Acura RDX, and all the other "small" SUVs that were competing with sedans and not actually meant to ever leave the concrete. When SUVs came out they were all BIG. Now there is a whole segment that are compact cars just a little taller.

Yeah, that was more in line what I was thinking. Even mid sized SUV's arent really that comfortable for tall folks.

Yeah, I understood what you meant.

I got in my buddies Subaru the other day and couldn't believe the leg room. It was actually enough for me. Legacy? I think? It was a sedan whatever it was. I'm considering that one too.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,260

Post#291 » by Mags FTW » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:40 pm

I dun goofed.

Last weekend I tried installing an aftermarket stereo on a 2006 Hyundai. I forgot to disconnect the battery before I started. Car runs, but battery won’t hold a charge.

Did I blow a fuse during installation?
NomNomNomParker
Starter
And1: 1,248

Post#292 » by NomNomNomParker » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:50 pm

I have a 18' Camry I've had since last October, supposedly one of the firsts sold in Wisconsin...but it's a mixed bag for me...love the reliability, and comfort. I drive a lot, 42k miles already. But the weak engine and the somewhat loud cabin noise drive me nuts. Also have the navigation which works through an APP, I honestly forgot the name of...but it's easily the worst Navigation setup I've ever had, so bad I removed it within a week and haven't used it since. Also doesn't have Sirius, which is a huge negative too, loved it in my previous vehicles...if reliability and comfort are your thing, they're huge for me...I'd recommend, but if Infotainment is your favorite feature, go elsewhere.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#293 » by bizarro » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:39 pm

Mags FTW wrote:I dun goofed.

Last weekend I tried installing an aftermarket stereo on a 2006 Hyundai. I forgot to disconnect the battery before I started. Car runs, but battery won’t hold a charge.

Could be several things. Step one: take to Autozone for free battery test. Start there. Then troubleshoot from the battery.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,260

Post#294 » by Mags FTW » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:46 pm

bizarro wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:I dun goofed.

Could be several things. Step one: take to Autozone for free battery test. Start there. Then troubleshoot from the battery.

Thanks!

I do think you used the wrong verbage though. Instead of taking it to Autozone, you were supposed to tell me to “Get in the Zone”.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,904

Post#295 » by stellation » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:40 am

buckboy wrote:
ackypoo wrote:

Yeah, I understood what you meant.

I got in my buddies Subaru the other day and couldn't believe the leg room. It was actually enough for me. Legacy? I think? It was a sedan whatever it was. I'm considering that one too.

We have a Subaru Forester, last year's model. Whilst not giants, my kid is around 6'2" and growing and having something with a lot of room was a key factor. I'm about 6' and we can comfortably sit on the same side of the car with one in the front/one in the back and have plenty of leg room.
#FreeChuckDiesel
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#296 » by mke_design » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:39 am

TroyD92 wrote:
mke_design wrote:Just finished my stage one on my 15 Subaru Wrx. Sounding mean!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

sti?

Yeah, I thought a lot about going for the WRX. However, I wanted to keep with the EJ for another cycle until it probably all goes all FA. But now the FA motor WRX with a proper downpipe and tune can match anything the standard STI EJ puts out. Maybe next phase I'll go WRX and pick up an early model Impreza 2.5RS to mess with.
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,220

Post#297 » by Chapter29 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:35 am

Nah, not sold at all on the FA motor and I am not sure if they plan to move it to the STI. Not yet anyways. A forged internal EJ motor should work in the meantime as that looks to be the next update (catching up to JDM in that regard) for the STI in the US carrying on after the type RA. That's what I've heard anyways.

As for me ETS in a few weeks and then IAG FTW, my car is well on its way. Though I do like the new STI, its wheels and braking system. Love the RA bumpers, though they should be embarrassed by the tiny bump in power they provided. Just more things for me to upgrade and improve upon once the motor is 100%. :)

Because racecar.
Giannis
is
UponUs
ackypoo
Lead Assistant

Post#298 » by ackypoo » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:35 pm

after being in the market for a car for like...a year, ive decided im getting an audi a5 2.0t. now i have to decide when i do this.

im too pragmatic.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,296

Post#299 » by jute2003 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:36 pm

Bit of a swing from a tiguan
only a fan, only an opinion
ackypoo
Lead Assistant

Post#300 » by ackypoo » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:49 pm

jute2003 wrote:Bit of a swing from a tiguan

yeah, i have always driven tiny cars and i realllllllllllllllly dont want to move to an suv.

ive also never owned an automatic. and i dont want to start now.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks