I miss the 90’s.

And the 70’s.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,304

Re: Cowboys vs. Panther game thread !! 

Post#22 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:36 am

Each passing year the late 60 and 70's Cowboys becomes more precious.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,040

Post#23 » by Mr B » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:43 am

It’s going to be a long season guys.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#24 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:10 pm

Mr B wrote:It’s going to be a long season guys.

Yep. Looking at that schedule doesn't give me much hope based on yesterday. Of course, it can all change in a second next Sunday night.

Buddy on another forum brings up a good question after yesterday's games. How good are the Redskins really? My point was that we probably find out when they play the Packers in Week 3.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

Post#25 » by Mr B » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:41 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:It’s going to be a long season guys.

Yep. Looking at that schedule doesn't give me much hope based on yesterday. Of course, it can all change in a second next Sunday night.

Buddy on another forum brings up a good question after yesterday's games. How good are the Redskins really? My point was that we probably find out when they play the Packers in Week 3.

The Skins did look good. Alex Smith won’t win them a lot of games but he definitely will not lose them any games. He’s about as solid as it gets at the QB position. They have a pretty good RB combo and a very good OL. Callahan is still their OL coach right? I can’t really really you anything about their defense though. If the Eagles struggle with Wentz being out and the Cowboys continue to play the way they did Sunday it’s not totally insane to say the Skins have a shot at the division.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,456

Post#26 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:51 pm

Mr B wrote:The Skins did look good. Alex Smith won’t win them a lot of games but he definitely will not lose them any games. He’s about as solid as it gets at the QB position. They have a pretty good RB combo and a very good OL. Callahan is still their OL coach right? I can’t really really you anything about their defense though. If the Eagles struggle with Wentz being out and the Cowboys continue to play the way they did Sunday it’s not totally insane to say the Skins have a shot at the division.

I picked them to make the playoffs as a Wildcard.

The Cowboys will be fine. When you don't really play your starters in the pre-season, you can't expect them to come out of the gates fast. The blame should fall on the coaches & Garrett for the slow start yesterday. I still see Dallas winning 9 or 10 games. Too much talent.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mr B
RealGM

Post#27 » by Mr B » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:56 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:The Skins did look good. Alex Smith won’t win them a lot of games but he definitely will not lose them any games. He’s about as solid as it gets at the QB position. They have a pretty good RB combo and a very good OL. Callahan is still their OL coach right? I can’t really really you anything about their defense though. If the Eagles struggle with Wentz being out and the Cowboys continue to play the way they did Sunday it’s not totally insane to say the Skins have a shot at the division.

The Cowboys will be fine. When you don't really play your starters in the pre-season, you can't expect them to come out of the gates fast. The blame should fall on the coaches & Garrett for the slow start yesterday. I still see Dallas winning 9 or 10 games. Too much talent.

I’m not as optimistic as you are but I sure hope you’re right.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,456

Post#28 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:03 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

What were your expectations like before yesterday?

Playing the first game on the road is always difficult for any team. Especially when you sit most of your starters throughout the preseason. Am I wrong?

You still have one of the better offensive lines when healthy. Too go along with an elite RB. This team isn't the 0-16 Browns. :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,304

Post#29 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:57 am

My Laundry list is too long. What was most disturbing to me was Dak appears to have picked up where he was last year. Almost all of his throws where low, behind, high, wide, etc,. Starting to wonder if Dak is over rated at this point. The coach and coaching staff makes me sick to my stomach. How many plays did I see WR's in the same area half the time? Same old f...... bulls... since 2002. Just a different year. Can't wait for the next red flag free agent and/or draft pick.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#30 » by Mr B » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:32 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:I picked them to make the playoffs as a Wildcard.

What were your expectations like before yesterday?

Playing the first game on the road is always difficult for any team. Especially when you sit most of your starters throughout the preseason. Am I wrong?

You still have one of the better offensive lines when healthy. Too go along with an elite RB. This team isn't the 0-16 Browns. :wink:

Before yesterday my season prediction was 8-8. Right now I’m sticking with that.

Return to Dallas Cowboys