ImageImageImageImageImage

Clippers Match Tyrone Wallace's Offer Sheet

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,920

Re: Clippers Match Tyrone Wallace's Offer Sheet 

Post#101 » by esqtvd » Thu Sep 6, 2018 9:09 pm

og15 wrote:I didn't know Ty had haters, lol, but I guess it's esqtvd as the admitted only hater

hate = a relative term
not like Austin was hated despite being a far better player, LOL

Ty gives 100%
I just 'hate' SGs who can't shoot
I just don't see the point

hey, if Jawun could shoot he'd be Darren Collison :dontknow:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Akklaim1
Rookie
And1: 821

Post#102 » by Akklaim1 » Thu Sep 6, 2018 9:43 pm

Are the Clippers matching with super undetectable counterfeit money they got from Nick Dominic?

EDIT: For those who missed it, there was a spam post about a counterfeit money business by a guy named Nick Dominic.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#103 » by Neddy » Fri Sep 7, 2018 3:14 am

TheNewEra wrote:
Neddy wrote:
Dynamix wrote:
If someone in the front office actually makes the call to waive Sin instead of Wes, they need to be banned from basketball.

wave trade assets without even trying? good call.

Can’t see him as a asset when he won’t get playing time and we need his consent to trade him.

he is easily better than a minimum deal, who can play 3 defensive positions while that deal he signed comes with FO friendly options that rarely comes with a drafted rookie contract? sure he is an asset even if his ass is parked permanently at the end of the bench as long as he is with the top club team and not in D league. the worst thing to happen is to have him play a ton of minutes in D, naw, now called G league, and get either hurt or get exposed and become less desirable. the best we can do is to have him play and he becomes an essential part of the rotation, but we are perfectly OK if he is sitting, safe and sound with his trade value already up as it is.

as far as his consent, do you think he would veto a chance to actually play with his contract intact elsewhere versus sit his ass down for 2 full years, in which by that end and if he hasn't gotten off the bench til then, his career is pretty much over. his trading window is this year, before the trade deadline. otherwise we will keep him for 2 years, which then it means we are definitely trading a bunch of other guards with bigger $$$ left.
ehhhhh f it.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,250

Post#104 » by Clemenza » Fri Sep 7, 2018 3:59 am

esqtvd wrote:
og15 wrote:I didn't know Ty had haters, lol, but I guess it's esqtvd as the admitted only hater

hate = a relative term

Ty gives 100%

He was a G League two-way player who was trying to make name for himself and only played in a handful of games with us. Lets see what he looks like with an actual spot on the roster this time and who knows I'm sure he shot at least 200 threes a day in the off season. I say that cause he seems like a guy that knows he's on the cusp of being a solid NBA player or more and is fully aware that a three point shot can take him places.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#105 » by esqtvd » Fri Sep 7, 2018 5:09 am

Clemenza wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

hate = a relative term

Ty gives 100%

He was a G League two-way player who was trying to make name for himself and only played in a handful of games with us. Lets see what he looks like with an actual spot on the roster this time and who knows I'm sure he shot at least 200 threes a day in the off season. I say that cause he seems like a guy that knows he's on the cusp of being a solid NBA player or more and is fully aware that a three point shot can take him places.

Then he'll be Austin Rivers and I won't hate him no more.
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,431

Post#106 » by TrueLAfan » Fri Sep 7, 2018 8:00 pm

Look, I like Ty Wallace. He works hard on both ends and has good size for a G; he’s even big enough to play some at SF. But he is what he is. He’s a #14-#15 player on a roster, not a regular rotation player. I’m not hating on the guy. He’s a 24 year old swing player that makes an effort on D, doesn’t have much of a perimeter shot, and has a mediocre overall offensive game. His pluses are in the effort he puts out and the flexibility he gives us as a multi-position player. That’s what you want for a player that isn’t likely to play more than 800-900 minutes a year. I rate him above Jawun—who, sadly, I don’t think is really an NBA roster level player—and a bit below Sin (who has some perimeter game and showed scoring ability in college, but showed even less of an overall offensive game last season).

Ty is a nice guy to have on a minimum level deal at the tail end of the roster, but there’s no way in hell I want him getting decent minutes. At guard, he's behind Avery Bradley, Patrick Beverly, and Lou Williams on the depth chart—all of whom are starters or very capable 6th men—and that’s leaving out SGA and Jerome. As a SF, he’s behind Luc, and Gallo/Tobias on the depth chart. I don’t think he is likely to play his way into regular rotation minutes—I sure hope not, ‘cause that would mean huge, huge injuries to many players. That’s okay. This is a nice deal for what it is—minimum level for a hard working guy who gives us options in case of huge injury problems. That’s what 14th/15th men are for. Like I said, it means more to me that it shows we’re dealing.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,257

Post#107 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:31 pm

esqtvd wrote:

hate = a relative term

Ty gives 100%

Only a hater would try to claim that Austin is a "far better player" than Ty.

Defense and team ball > no defense and chucking, any day of the week.
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,310

Post#108 » by Dynamix » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:58 am

The Ty that makes minimum money and played in just 30 games, always bouncing between us and the G-League, basically only showing up on game day so we didn't use up his contract days, definitely seems like a better prospect than the Austin we got after 3.5 years in the league.
Of course, Austin eventually became a pretty good player, but it took a whole lot of minutes, which Ty managed to get last season only due to countless injuries. It's going to be a real challenge to develop him, but I'm guessing we didn't match the Pelicans' offer just for the hell of it, and there is some sort of plan for all our guards.

I also have a hunch that Ty has taken quite a few threes this past summer.
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,431

Post#109 » by TrueLAfan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:31 pm

There’s no way I could be considered a fan of Austin, and I don’t think Austin’s an average level NBA starter—and wouldn’t have that role on a good team. But he is a middle rotation player, and would be/is a valuable 8th or 9th man on a good team. And that’s much better than Ty. I like Tyrone Wallace. But he’s a 14th or 15th man on a good team. I respect the fact the people hope he shot a bunch of threes—but I think we should assume that a guy who shot under 30% from behind the arc in college and is now 24 has probably worked on his shot before. Yes, Ty might get better. But I don’t think he’s going develop a new skill that’s never had before. He is what he is. Look at the official press release from the Clips:

https://www.nba.com/clippers/press-release-la-clippers-match-offer-sheet-tyrone-wallace

I think Frank says it best when he says “We identified Tyrone as a versatile, competitive and tough-minded player who adds to the organizational culture.” On a team that has Patrick Beverly, Avery Bradley, Lou Williams, Milos Teodosic, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, and Jerome Robinson, Ty’s value is in his ability to be tough and positive and add to our locker room and organizational culture. That's a big plus for a lower roster guy. But I really hope he doesn’t play a lot of minutes—or if he does, it’s because we made a lot of trades and cleared cap space.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#110 » by esqtvd » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:54 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

hate = a relative term

Ty gives 100%

Only a hater would try to claim that Austin is a "far better player" than Ty.

Defense and team ball > no defense and chucking, any day of the week.

textbook h8

once again I thank the gentleman for proving my point :P
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Wallace & Thornwell Defensive Tandem 

Post#111 » by Ranma » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:52 pm

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#112 » by mkwest » Mon Jan 7, 2019 10:38 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Return to Los Angeles Clippers