ImageImageImageImage

OT- Official Gaming Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Re: OT- Official Gaming Thread 

Post#361 » by rcklsscognition » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:14 pm

I just finished the A,B,C,D, and E endings on Nier Automata last night. That game blew me away. I've never played something with a such an intricate story. All the different endings and routes in the game are really cool.

Time for Tomb Raider.
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,010

Post#362 » by Driguez » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:07 am

I have 2 friend codes for Blackout beta PS4 if anyone wants them. TBH had them since like Tuesday, knew I would get an email w them but didn't check my email for them until today lol
"We all we got"- SVG
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#363 » by PennytoShaq » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:17 pm

Black ops has surpassed my expectations. Simply amazing to me. I have been a COD skeptic for years now, but this beta has really blown me away. What a fun game.
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,010

Post#364 » by Driguez » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:04 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:Black ops has surpassed my expectations. Simply amazing to me. I have been a COD skeptic for years now, but this beta has really blown me away. What a fun game.

Yeah it is. MP won't get much burn from me. Blackout - Zombies - MP.
"We all we got"- SVG
Maikson
Sophomore
And1: 158

Post#365 » by Maikson » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:08 pm

For the PC gamers this RTX 2080 was quite a disappointment huh? It's impossible to buy in my country anyways, but I believe that will make the used 1080 Ti's here more expensive. I was saving for one :(

Crazy days we live in, a top of the line mobile phone and computer gaming card are over $ 1,000 :noway:
Studying English, please correct my mistakes if possible :)
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,411

Post#366 » by UCFJayBird » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:52 pm

So Playstation is now going to release a PS1 Classic (mini), basically following Nintendo's lead. Only 20 games and the full list isn't out yet. Games confirmed so far: FFVII, Wild Arms, Tekken 3, Ridge Racer Type 4, and Jumping Flash.

I can't make up my mind on these things. I have both the NES and SNES Classics and play them for like two hours and that's it, lol. And on the other hand, I have an Emulator and all the games I could possibly want. But something still makes me want them!
rcklsscognition
RealGM

Post#367 » by rcklsscognition » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:37 pm

The new Tomb Raider was good but I found it to be really short and lacking much of any bad guys. You would go through a tutorial on some new cool trick you learned, use it once, and then never really have a chance to do it again because there weren't other encounters before you learned the next trick. Then the game just ends and you've hardly gotten a chance to do anything.

I think it only took me 6-7 hours to beat, but it was a gorgeous game. I don't remember any AAA openish-world game feeling as short as this though. I think maybe they would have benefited from making the hidden crypts and temples part of the required game to progress the story.
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#368 » by PennytoShaq » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:42 pm

6-7 to beat Tomb Raider? Wow, that’s way too short for a $60 game, imo.
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,770

Post#369 » by FFBlitzace » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:15 am

I liked the first one, but Rise of the Tomb Raider has stayed 29.99 for a bizarrely long time given its age now, especially considering how old it is if you include the Xbox version. 19.99 is my price point on it. It might actually finally be 19.99 now, but Amazon is out of stock, so I'm not sure. It's 19.99 at Walmart.com. But anyway, I'm probably a long way away from Shadow. Speaking of bizarre non price drops, they still want 29.99 for that glorified DLC Uncharted Lost Legacy. That's an omegalul.

I finished Shenmue with the platinum trophy, which isn't saying too much since the trophy list was pretty lazy. Almost all story related, and the missable ones were pretty simple. I started Shenmue 2, which I have never played before, but haven't felt like playing much lately. I'll get around to it. Dragon Quest is also high on the wish list.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#370 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:24 am

I don't game alot but I did get Skyrim VR and it is freaking amazing.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
AddiFB
Veteran
And1: 2,459

Post#371 » by AddiFB » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:18 pm

I bought Playstation VR last year and I just can't use it. I get nauseus and just feel really, really bad. It effs with my inner stability control module :lol: had to return it :cry:
- Orlando Magic fan since 1991 -
Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst
And1: 4,387

Post#372 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:21 pm

AddiFB wrote:I bought Playstation VR last year and I just can't use it. I get nauseus and just feel really, really bad. It effs with my inner stability control module :lol: had to return it :cry:

My little brother bought it and yes, it's a weird thing to use. Feels like your eyesight is never good while wearing that stuff. They still need to work on it
AddiFB
Veteran

Post#373 » by AddiFB » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:54 am

Mauro Pedrosa wrote:
AddiFB wrote:I bought Playstation VR last year and I just can't use it. I get nauseus and just feel really, really bad. It effs with my inner stability control module :lol: had to return it :cry:

My little brother bought it and yes, it's a weird thing to use. Feels like your eyesight is never good while wearing that stuff. They still need to work on it

Indeed. My eyes were in a mess but my head was even worse. Everything was spinning and just this bad headache. PSVR feels like 1 or 2 generations away from being ok. It was fine when sitting down with minimal movement in-game. For about 10 minutes. But if I had to stand and the game was moving, I lost my stability and my head went bonkers. Its weird. Your eyes tell your brain you are moving, but your body tells your brain you're not. Boom goes stability!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#374 » by BadMofoPimp » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:13 pm

AddiFB wrote:
Mauro Pedrosa wrote:

Indeed. My eyes were in a mess but my head was even worse. Everything was spinning and just this bad headache. PSVR feels like 1 or 2 generations away from being ok. It was fine when sitting down with minimal movement in-game. For about 10 minutes. But if I had to stand and the game was moving, I lost my stability and my head went bonkers. Its weird. Your eyes tell your brain you are moving, but your body tells your brain you're not. Boom goes stability!

Zero problems here. I even did an 8 hour straight gaming session on Skyrim while feeling before as at the end when finished. What is cool about that game is it is like your are on the ground in that world visually even though I did get turned into a vampire twice now from them surprising me from the side. And, fighting a dragon swooping around you from all angles is intense in VR.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
AddiFB
Veteran

Post#375 » by AddiFB » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:54 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
AddiFB wrote:
Mauro Pedrosa wrote:My little brother bought it and yes, it's a weird thing to use. Feels like your eyesight is never good while wearing that stuff. They still need to work on it

Zero problems here. I even did an 8 hour straight gaming session on Skyrim while feeling before as at the end when finished. What is cool about that game is it is like your are on the ground in that world visually even though I did get turned into a vampire twice now from them surprising me from the side. And, fighting a dragon swooping around you from all angles is intense in VR.

Well it's mostly how each and every one reacts to the VR motion. I have a really hard time with it. I hope in a generation or two they'll somehow figure out how to prevent these problems. Plus the image quality on the PSVR display is quite rough.
rcklsscognition
RealGM

Post#376 » by rcklsscognition » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:52 pm

I just got accepted into the Google Project Stream. They gave me a free code for AC Odyssey and $10 worth of in-game currency. Anyone else tried this out? It's working surprisingly smoothly.

Here's the signup link in case you want to give it a go. I signed up a few days ago and got the code today.

https://projectstream.google.com/aco/signup
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#377 » by spinedoc » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:03 pm

I haven't bothered applying, but loving Odyssey so far.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,609

Post#378 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:36 am

It has been so long since I posted in this thread, I've missed it. Fallout 76 beta goes live on Oct. 23. Anybody preorder for the XBOX One or PS4? Definitely would like to link up with some folks on here once the beta goes live.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,204

Post#379 » by thelead » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:14 am

ChosenSavior wrote:It has been so long since I posted in this thread, I've missed it. Fallout 76 beta goes live on Oct. 23. Anybody preorder for the XBOX One or PS4? Definitely would like to link up with some folks on here once the beta goes live.

I don't know why I can't get into Fallout. It does nothing for me but I love Skyrim and other Elder Scroll games.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#380 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:32 pm

thelead wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:It has been so long since I posted in this thread, I've missed it. Fallout 76 beta goes live on Oct. 23. Anybody preorder for the XBOX One or PS4? Definitely would like to link up with some folks on here once the beta goes live.

I don't know why I can't get into Fallout. It does nothing for me but I love Skyrim and other Elder Scroll games.

Try playing Skirim in VR. It is amazing.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic