ImageImageImageImageImage

2019 - 2021 Free-Agents

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Who will be a member of the Clippers this summer?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:58 pm

Patrick Beverley
22%
Jimmy Butler
22%
DeMarcus Cousins
No votes
Kevin Durant
No votes
Al Horford
22%
Kyrie Irving
No votes
Kawhi Leonard
33%
Klay Thompson
No votes
An Ex-Clipper (Harris, Jordan, Aminu, Green, Temple, etc.)
No votes
Someone acquired by trade
No votes

Total votes: 9

Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

No Love Loss 

Post#21 » by Ranma » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:51 pm

Love is exactly the type of free agent who is not max-worthy. Pursuing him in free agency would have been a mistake. IMO he's not even worth $30 million per season. With all things being equal, contract-wise, I'd rather have Tobias Harris over him.

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

DayDream Believer 

Post#22 » by Ranma » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:27 pm

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,420

Re: DayDream Believer 

Post#23 » by TrueLAfan » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:04 am

Ranma wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm thinking that if Gallo has a good first half that we might be asking Denver about Gallo/Lou or Gallo/AB for Millsap--which would end up with a resigned Tobias and those two max FAs
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: Potential 2019 Free-Agents 

Post#24 » by Neddy » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:44 am

I am changing my thoughts on this. I would like to have our batman via trade and build around him through FA.
but the reality is that our assets suck some serious ass.

if the only option to immediate improvement to content, is to sign our franchise player(s) through upcoming FA after next season, the names that makes the most sense are Klay Thompson/Enes Kanter/Boogie Cousins.
Kristap is off limits as is KAT. both being RFAs and each respective franchises surely has the upper hand here.

Klay is very possible as I can't see how GS can afford him, even with him saying he will take less, just how much less would he be willing to take? not where their owners would feel comfortable going forward. Klay will still be reasonably be in his prime. at his height, shooting won't age terribly.

Enes Kanter is definitely a target here as well, with his mid 20's efficiency ratings and his improvements as a mid-20 year old who may have yet to hit the peak of his career is too enticing to not give a serious look. the Knicks drafted Mitchell Robinson, and if he is going to be a part of their future going forward, why would the Knicks lock themselves in with two max deals between Porzingis and Kanter on the same contract year especially? they will give KP his max, will build around him with Keven Knox and Mitch.

Cousons is on this list as a backup plan to Enes in case we miss out on Kanter Sweepstake, and only if he shows he is back to nearly where he was before his injuries. no need to be the next 76ers signing Brand after he blew out his achilles.

after this trio, I don't see anyone worthy of the max or near max deals. perhaps for minimum-ish deals we could go after greekfreak 2.0 if he shows any signs, lol.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#25 » by Neddy » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:53 am

so, assuming we resign Tobias after signing others first, going forward from after the 2019 FA period, would look like

Shay - Lou - Evans
Klay - Bradley - Jerome
Tobias - Sindi
Gallo
Enes - Trezz

looking at that roster, what are the chances we snatch the best PF available in next draft? LOL of course we should always go with the best player avail, regardless of the position but fun to think about.
ehhhhh f it.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,215

Post#26 » by wco81 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:30 am

Neddy wrote:Klay is very possible as I can't see how GS can afford him, even with him saying he will take less, just how much less would he be willing to take? not where their owners would feel comfortable going forward. Klay will still be reasonably be in his prime. at his height, shooting won't age terribly.

Lakers fans think along the same lines too. If they don't get Kawhi, they'll just pivot to Klay.

If the Warriors three peat, the owners will pay whatever it takes to keep the team because they're going into a new arena in October 2019, with sky-high prices.

They're charging up to $35k in PSLs for that arena. Not much by NFL standards but it may be one of the first NBA teams to charge PSLs.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/ostler/article/Warriors-new-arena-gives-some-season-12720962.php

There are unconfirmed reports that they've already booked $2 billion in revenues at the new arena over the first few years.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,886

Post#27 » by esqtvd » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:54 am

Neddy wrote:so, assuming we resign Tobias after signing others first, going forward from after the 2019 FA period, would look like

Shay - Lou - Evans
Klay - Bradley - Jerome
Tobias - Sindi
Gallo
Enes - Trezz

looking at that roster, what are the chances we snatch the best PF available in next draft? LOL of course we should always go with the best player avail, regardless of the position but fun to think about.

You can only control what you can control. The Clippers' job is to build/maintain our winning culture and not throw away what IMO Chris Paul started and Doc somehow managed to keep afloat last year. And sure let's prop Jerry West in here because why not trot out The Logo whenever possible?

After that, who knows? Mebbe Durant will be feeling the sting of another "gift" championship and will want to try his wings and win something on his own. I think it's in the back of his mind. Actually, it's quite in the front of his mind.

Golden State Warriors star Kevin Durant is happy keeping his long-term options open while focusing on the present.

"I just want to take it a day at a time, and I don't want to look at my future now," Durant said of his new contract with Golden State, per Shams Charania of Yahoo Sports. "The [one-plus-one] was the perfect thing for me to do, to keep things open for me—financially and what I want to do. It's just one of those things."

Charania noted Durant inked a two-year, $61.5 million deal with the two-time defending champions but possesses a player option for the 2019-20 campaign. The player option gives him the chance to either move elsewhere or sign another, potentially more lucrative deal with Golden State.

Durant has been the target of plenty of criticism for joining a loaded Warriors team after spending the first nine seasons of his career with the Seattle SuperSonics/Oklahoma City Thunder, but it is impossible to take away from his on-court success in Golden State.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2788114-kevin-durant-new-warriors-contract-perfect-because-it-keeps-things-open

Oh yes, it is. :devil: Frankly--and I mean this--I'm not the least bit impressed. KD may be an all-time Top 10 player on paper but on the court I'm more impressed by his career at OKC.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Neddy
RealGM

Post#28 » by Neddy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:49 am

wco81 wrote:
Neddy wrote:Klay is very possible as I can't see how GS can afford him, even with him saying he will take less, just how much less would he be willing to take? not where their owners would feel comfortable going forward. Klay will still be reasonably be in his prime. at his height, shooting won't age terribly.

Lakers fans think along the same lines too. If they don't get Kawhi, they'll just pivot to Klay.

If the Warriors three peat, the owners will pay whatever it takes to keep the team because they're going into a new arena in October 2019, with sky-high prices.

They're charging up to $35k in PSLs for that arena. Not much by NFL standards but it may be one of the first NBA teams to charge PSLs.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/ostler/article/Warriors-new-arena-gives-some-season-12720962.php

There are unconfirmed reports that they've already booked $2 billion in revenues at the new arena over the first few years.

that's the thing, they are already booked for billions, so why go the mega extra yard of lux tax that no one in history in any sport ever went? nowadays with TV revenue and season ticket holders with lux boxes already paid for years to come, I doubt they would spend hundreds of millions more for possibly a fraction of that to be hit with revenue loss, it will come down to a business decision, my friend.
ehhhhh f it.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Re: 2019 & 2020 Free-Agents 

Post#29 » by mkwest » Wed Aug 1, 2018 4:55 am

Ranking top available 2019 NBA free agents (with possible star landing spots)

Most likely, there will be four teams within range of adding two max contracts: the Kings, Mavericks, Clippers and Nets, though only the Kings and Mavs are sure things to have that much space. The Nets will have to consider what to do with D’Angelo Russell (extension-eligible), and the Hawks could easily join that group with a salary-dump trade.

4. Jimmy Butler: We reported that Butler was not happy in Minnesota a couple of months ago, especially with fellow Wolves star Andrew Wiggins. It’s also been reported that Butler does not much care for Towns, either. All that points to Butler exiting when he hits free agency next summer, though his relationship with coach Tom Thibodeau offers the Wolves some hope of keeping Butler.

He is going to have plenty of options, though. He could join up with Irving in Brooklyn, or join Leonard with the Clippers. He could be the final piece to push the Sixers to a Finals run. He could forge a new future in Dallas. Dissatisfaction with his young teammates is a problem, but Minnesota’s bigger problem when it comes to Butler is that he will have so many choices.

10. Tobias Harris: Harris wisely turned down an $80 million extension (over five years) from the Clippers this summer, because he will secure more next summer — maybe even a max deal of four years, $145 million if he leaves LA.

Harris averaged 19.3 points in 32 games with the Clippers, and he had his best stretch as a 3-point shooter last year (41.4 percent). The Clippers would like to make him a featured player, but the better he does this year, the higher the price tag.

Sean Deveney, Sporting News

Kawhi Leonard was ranked at number 2 and the portion on him is in the Leonard thread.
Ranma
RealGM

West Has Clippers Aiming High in Free Agency 

Post#30 » by Ranma » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:00 am

Read on Twitter
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#31 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:49 pm

Mychal Thompson says his son is retiring a Warrior.

Wow.
Figured after the pep rally and the commitment to not tank he'd at least hear Ballmer and Jerry out.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#32 » by esqtvd » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:31 am

meh

Klay's only possible motivation for leaving the Dubs would be to prove he can do it without Steph

we shall never know
and I guess neither will he
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#33 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:51 am

Jimmy Butler open to signing with the Lakers in 2019?

No Clipper rumor?
hmph.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,215

Post#34 » by wco81 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:42 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Mychal Thompson says his son is retiring a Warrior.

Wow.
Figured after the pep rally and the commitment to not tank he'd at least hear Ballmer and Jerry out.

He probably grew up a Lakers fan since his father played for them.

Even if he were to leave the Warriors, would he go to the rival of his favorite team?

49ers and Raiders fans are rivals up here. Same but to a lesser extent the Giants and A's fans.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#35 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:52 pm

wco81 wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Mychal Thompson says his son is retiring a Warrior.

Wow.

He probably grew up a Lakers fan since his father played for them.

Even if he were to leave the Warriors, would he go to the rival of his favorite team?

49ers and Raiders fans are rivals up here. Same but to a lesser extent the Giants and A's fans.

Should I have put that whole post in green font?

He's not coming here just like most FAs aren't.
I know that. Some Clipper fans just want to posture like they are.

I don't want Klay here anyway if we're being honest.
Ranma
RealGM

Interested in Kemba Walker? 

Post#36 » by Ranma » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:02 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Projected Caps Announced 

Post#37 » by Ranma » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:22 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#38 » by esqtvd » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:32 pm

cool

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158