Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Re: 2018 Dallas Cowboys - Season Thread 

Post#61 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:19 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:And we had 4 starters out on defense vs. the Giants.

I like our defense this weekend as well. Except that Russell Wilson isn’t Eli.

Their O-line is pathetic, no running game, and Baldwin is still out. If we get our other 4 defensive starters back this week, I feel real good about this week. Sea hawks don't scare me at all. Maybe this is the week Wilson gets hurt. I can't see how he going to survive this season regardless.

The line isn't great. But, I put a lot of the sacks on the play calling (Abandoning the Run) & Russ (about half the time) for holding onto the ball too long.

We've gone away from the run. Carson is averaging 5.8 YPC. Yet he only gets 6 carries all game? :roll:

It's been baffling honestly. Hopefully Pete & the OC get their heads out of their a*****.

I expect a low scoring defensive game this Sunday.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#62 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:25 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

How has Connor Williams played?

His technique has been good, his strength has not. He’s been better when he’s been asked to pull but is getting beat a lot on bull rushes. In 2-3 years he’ll be a whole lot better than he is right now.

Ethan Pocic (Our starting Left Guard) had the same issues for us last year in his rookie season (Also a 2nd Round Pick). He lacked strength & struggled early on because of it. Over the off-season, he put on 30 lbs & now looks like a competent lineman that is able to hold his own.

Connor Williams will be fine.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#63 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:40 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
I like our defense this weekend as well. Except that Russell Wilson isn’t Eli.

Their O-line is pathetic, no running game, and Baldwin is still out. If we get our other 4 defensive starters back this week, I feel real good about this week. Sea hawks don't scare me at all. Maybe this is the week Wilson gets hurt. I can't see how he going to survive this season regardless.

The line isn't great. But, I put a lot of the sacks on the play calling (Abandoning the Run) & Russ (about half the time) for holding onto the ball too long.

We've gone away from the run. Carson is averaging 5.8 YPC. Yet he only gets 6 carries all game? :roll:

It's been baffling honestly. Hopefully Pete & the OC get their heads out of their a*****.

I expect a low scoring defensive game this Sunday.

Should be a great match up of coaching whits. Garrett Vs. Carroll, :wink: Whoever is the MOST stupid, loses.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

2018 Dallas Cowboys - Season Thread 

Post#64 » by Mr B » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:03 am

I thought this was really interesting. I noticed the Cowboys had blitzed a lot more than they ever have under Marinelli. I also liked that they played straight man to man on the outside. The Cowboys starting DB’s have the size and speed to be able to be very good in man to man.

Read on Twitter

They are clearly setting Richard to at very least be the next DC for the Cowboys. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jerry makes him the HC though.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#65 » by Mr B » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:07 am

Also heard a rumor that the Cowboys are shopping Jordan Lewis. Would make sense considering how little time he has gotten on the field.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#66 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:51 pm

Read on Twitter
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#67 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:43 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not good! :sigh:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#68 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:59 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Some little birdie told us a few weeks ago that ET was staying in Seattle and was a done deal. Hummm. Wonder if he still wants to come here. Time will tell. I guess we could use some depth in the secondary. Should be able to get him a lot cheaper now.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#69 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:03 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Some little birdie told us a few weeks ago that ET was staying in Seattle and was a done deal. Hummm. Wonder if he still wants to come here. Time will tell. I guess we could use some depth in the secondary. Should be able to get him a lot cheaper now.

:roll: Sure....
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#70 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:41 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Read on Twitter

Fine. Keep him then. See if he shows up. He want's out of Seattle.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#71 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:09 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Read on Twitter

Might be nothing.. Might be something...

I just report the news. And it’s not like Clarence Hill hasn’t thrown feces at the wall now and then to see what sticks. He’s no Rapoport or Scherfer though. Those two are masters.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#72 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:16 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Some little birdie told us a few weeks ago that ET was staying in Seattle and was a done deal. Hummm. Wonder if he still wants to come here. Time will tell. I guess we could use some depth in the secondary. Should be able to get him a lot cheaper now.

You seem to fail to realize just how this works. By not showing up he stands to lose serious $$$. It's why he decided to report before Week 1 in the first place. Teams in this scenario have all the power. Players have zero. Zilch. He can choose to sit out for as long as he wants, but he won't get paid. :wink:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#73 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:33 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Read on Twitter

Might be nothing.. Might be something...

I just report the news. And it’s not like Clarence Hill hasn’t thrown feces at the wall now and then to see what sticks. He’s no Rapoport or Scherfer though. Those two are masters.

Read on Twitter
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#74 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:02 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote: :roll: Sure....

You seem to fail to realize just how this works. By not showing up he stands to lose serious $$$. It's why he decided to report before Week 1 in the first place. Teams in this scenario have all the power. Players have zero. Zilch. He can choose to sit out for as long as he wants, but he won't get paid. :wink:

Who cares about the money except you guys. You must have a lot of faith in Earl's back up taking over the rest of the season. 8-)
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#75 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:18 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

And Stephen Jones saying anything other than what is in the tweet would be incredibly stupid on his part.

Help me... who was the offensive lineman the Seahawks traded to the Eagles after playing Philly. I’m old and forgot.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#76 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:10 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

And Stephen Jones saying anything other than what is in the tweet would be incredibly stupid on his part.

Help me... who was the offensive lineman the Seahawks traded to the Eagles after playing Philly. I’m old and forgot.

Never mind. It was the Duane Brown trade. Getting old sucks.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#77 » by Mr B » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:29 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Read on Twitter

Actually that is the rumor. There was a Seattle radio guy being interviewed on Dallas radio yesterday suggesting it would likely only take a 5th round pick. I’m thinking Jordan Lewis would also be involved though.

The reasoning is with Seattle expecting to have like $70 mil in cap space next off season they are not likely to get the 3rd compensatory pick back if he walks in FA. They are going to sign a big FA that will cause them to lose that compensatory pick for Earl. So a 5th and a young CB is more than fair for Earl.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#78 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:36 pm

Mr B wrote:Actually that is the rumor. There was a Seattle radio guy being interviewed on Dallas radio yesterday suggesting it would likely only take a 5th round pick. I’m thinking Jordan Lewis would also be involved though.

The reasoning is with Seattle expecting to have like $70 mil in cap space next off season they are not likely to get the 3rd compensatory pick back if he walks in FA. They are going to sign a big FA that will cause them to lose that compensatory pick for Earl. So a 5th and a young CB is more than fair for Earl.

The rumors were actually a 2nd. But, anything less than that & I'd be beyond pissed quite honestly. You don't trade the best Free Safety in Football for a 5th Round pick & a seldom used CB. I'm Sorry. But, if management agreed to that type of deal. I would drive them to the airport myself. :wink:

Fwiw, I want the team to move on from Pete anyhow. But that type of trade would really anger the fans here. He's already getting tons of hate for the 0-2 start. You make that trade & the lynch mob would be out in full force. :wink:

If I had things my way, I would just pay the man.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#79 » by Mr B » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:53 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:Actually that is the rumor. There was a Seattle radio guy being interviewed on Dallas radio yesterday suggesting it would likely only take a 5th round pick. I’m thinking Jordan Lewis would also be involved though.

The rumors were actually a 2nd. But, anything less than that & I'd be beyond pissed quite honestly. You don't trade the best Free Safety in Football for a 5th Round pick & a seldom used CB. I'm Sorry. But, if management agreed to that type of deal. I would drive them to the airport myself. :wink:

Fwiw, I want the team to move on from Pete anyhow. But that type of trade would really anger the fans here. He's already getting tons of hate for the 0-2 start. You make that trade & the lynch mob would be out in full force. :wink:

So you would rather let him walk (to the Cowboys) in the off season without any compensation at all (not even a compensatory pick)? Even a 5th and young promising CB is better than nothing.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#80 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:54 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

So you would rather let him walk (to the Cowboys) in the off season without any compensation at all (not even a compensatory pick)? Even a 5th and young promising CB is better than nothing.

1. I would give him an extension
2. There's this thing called the Franchise Tag.

Return to Dallas Cowboys