Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,018

Re: 2018 Dallas Cowboys - Season Thread 

Post#81 » by Mr B » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:56 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:The rumors were actually a 2nd. But, anything less than that & I'd be beyond pissed quite honestly. You don't trade the best Free Safety in Football for a 5th Round pick & a seldom used CB. I'm Sorry. But, if management agreed to that type of deal. I would drive them to the airport myself. :wink:

Fwiw, I want the team to move on from Pete anyhow. But that type of trade would really anger the fans here. He's already getting tons of hate for the 0-2 start. You make that trade & the lynch mob would be out in full force. :wink:

If I had things my way, I would just pay the man.

So you would rather let him walk (to the Cowboys) in the off season without any compensation at all (not even a compensatory pick)? Even a 5th and young promising CB is better than nothing.

1. I would give him an extension
2. There's this thing called the Franchise Tag.

The team has already shown they have no interest in giving him an extension. You really think they would franchise him? A player that is already disgruntled. Not only would that be bad for the culture of the team it would also tie up a ton of the cap space they are depending on to rebuild their team. Makes zero sense to franchise him.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,438

Post#82 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:59 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
So you would rather let him walk (to the Cowboys) in the off season without any compensation at all (not even a compensatory pick)? Even a 5th and young promising CB is better than nothing.

1. I would give him an extension

The team has already shown they have no interest in giving him an extension. You really think they would franchise him? A player that is already disgruntled. Not only would that be bad for the culture of the team it would also tie up a ton of the cap space they are depending on to rebuild their team. Makes zero sense to franchise him.

It's really not. The Franchise Tag for Earl next year (Safety) is $12 million. Money isn't the problem.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mr B
RealGM

Post#83 » by Mr B » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:03 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:1. I would give him an extension

It's really not. The Franchise Tag for a Safety is 12 million. Money isn't an issue.

I just don’t see them doing that. Not only for the reasons I mentioned but it gives a bad look to all the potential free agents.

If they do though, then I guess they will just be stuck with a disgruntled player because I don’t see any team giving up a 2nd. The Cowboys tried to give them a 2nd already and were turned down, I don’t see them doing it again, especially as the season goes on and the Dallas defense already proves they are really good without him. I’d say with each week that passes that price tag drops significantly.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#84 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:05 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:

It's really not. The Franchise Tag for a Safety is 12 million. Money isn't an issue.

I just don’t see them doing that. Not only for the reasons I mentioned but it gives a bad look to all the potential free agents.

If they do though, then I guess they will just be stuck with a disgruntled player because I don’t see any team giving up a 2nd. The Cowboys tried to give them a 2nd already and were turned down, I don’t see them doing it again, especially as the season goes on and the Dallas defense already proves they are really good without him. I’d say with each week that passes that price tag drops significantly.

I disagree.

What's up with Lewis btw? Why is the team making him available?

Pete likes big & long CB's. I don't see him as a fit quite honestly. If Kris Richard won't play the guy, why would Pete? :wink:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#85 » by Mr B » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:10 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:It's really not. The Franchise Tag for a Safety is 12 million. Money isn't an issue.

I disagree.

Pete likes big & long CB's. I don't see him as a fit quite honestly.

Kris Richard also likes big CB’s and both Jones and Chido are playing extremely well. Brown has also played well in the slot so Lewis is kind of the odd man out. The rumor is they’ve kept him out because of the trade rumors. They are shopping him and don’t want to risk him getting hurt before they can trade him. Personally I think he’s a very good young CB. He just needs to be in the right system.

What do you know about a radio personality in Seattle name Dave “Softy” Mahler?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#86 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:15 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I disagree.

Kris Richard also likes big CB’s and both Jones and Chido are playing extremely well. Brown has also played well in the slot so Lewis is kind of the odd man out. The rumor is they’ve kept him out because of the trade rumors. They are shopping him and don’t want to risk him getting hurt before they can trade him. Personally I think he’s a very good young CB. He just needs to be in the right system.

Richard has the same philosophy as Pete. So Lewis wouldn't make a whole lotta sense here either. :wink:

Softy? Omg. :lol:

He's a joke. Don't take anything he says as facts. He's not an insider/reporter. Just a loudmouth radio personality who will say or do anything. :lol:

John Clayton has his own show in town & also covers the team. He's the only Seattle radio guy who's legit. :wink:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#87 » by Mr B » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:20 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:I disagree.

Richard has the same philosophy as Pete. So Lewis wouldn't make a whole lotta sense here either. :wink:

He's a joke. Don't take anything he says as facts. He's not an insider or anything. Just a loudmouth radio personality. :lol:

That’s who they were interviewing the other day on the radio here in Dallas. According to him the fanbase is getting pretty fed up with Pete Carrol and that he believes the magic they captured a few year back has run its course. That it’s not the same team. Besides all the stars (except Russell) being gone the OL is almost completely different and incompetent. Wilson is having to do too much and without all the weapons. He was saying that there is NO WAY Dallas should lose this game and that if they did Jerry should fire Garrett right there on the sideline and make him walk home. He said there is no reason the Cowboys shouldn’t win by 50.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#88 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:53 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:

He's a joke. Don't take anything he says as facts. He's not an insider or anything. Just a loudmouth radio personality. :lol:

That’s who they were interviewing the other day on the radio here in Dallas. According to him the fanbase is getting pretty fed up with Pete Carrol and that he believes the magic they captured a few year back has run its course. That it’s not the same team. Besides all the stars (except Russell) being gone the OL is almost completely different and incompetent. Wilson is having to do too much and without all the weapons. He was saying that there is NO WAY Dallas should lose this game and that if they did Jerry should fire Garrett right there on the sideline and make him walk home. He said there is no reason the Cowboys shouldn’t win by 50.

Again, I stand by my statement. :lol:

It's true that fans are beginning to turn on Pete. I've wanted him gone since the end of last season. His OC hire was/is a joke. He's beyond stubborn in his ways & it's been this teams downfall sadly. The offense has been garbage really since Marshawn left.

As a former defensive coordinator, Pete has always been one of the better defensive coaches/minds in Football. His philosophy has always been to "Run the ball, and play great defense". Win with defense.

But, the problem is that they haven't been able to run the ball since Marshawn left. They never prioritized the offensive line, but Lynch more than made up for it.

People want to blame & point fingers at the Offensive line. But, there are bigger issues at play. This team is 0-2 mainly due to a bunch of injuries & piss poor play-calling (not necessarily the O-line). All off season they talked about wanting to run the ball successfully & be a running team. Yet so far they've pretty much completely done the opposite. So much so, that Pete & the OC are rightfully being heavily criticized for it.

Would I be shocked if Dallas won? No. Do I think it will be a blowout? No. I expect a somewhat low scoring game on Sunday.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#89 » by Mr B » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:28 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Richard has the same philosophy as Pete. So Lewis wouldn't make a whole lotta sense here either. :wink:

It's true that fans are beginning to turn on Pete. I've wanted him gone since the end of last season. His OC hire was/is a joke. He's beyond stubborn in his ways & it's been this teams downfall sadly. The offense has been garbage really since Marshawn left.

As a former defensive coordinator, Pete has always been one of the better defensive coaches/minds in Football. His philosophy has always been to "Run the ball, and play great defense". Win with defense.

But, the problem is that they haven't been able to run the ball since Marshawn left. They never prioritized the offensive line, but Lynch more than made up for it.

People want to blame & point fingers at the Offensive line. But, there are bigger issues at play. This team is 0-2 mainly due to a bunch of injuries & piss poor play-calling (not necessarily the O-line). All off season they talked about wanting to run the ball successfully & be a running team. Yet so far they've pretty much completely done the opposite. So much so, that Pete & the OC are rightfully being heavily criticized for it.

Would I be shocked if Dallas won? No. Do I think it will be a blowout? No. I expect a somewhat low scoring game on Sunday.

What is the state of the Seahawks DL? Specifically the interior of the DL?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#90 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:41 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:

The Interior is fine. The issue is a serious lack of Pass Rush. Frank Clark is the guy. That's it. They have to blitz to get consistent pressure. Which is a problem.

Bobby Wagner is back this week. Which will help tremendously. He's the Sean Lee of that defense. Stopping the run shouldn't be a problem.

They are going to make Dak beat them. He could have a big game.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,281

Post#91 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:40 pm

Running team till they get to the Super Bowl, :lol:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#92 » by Mr B » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:09 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Again, I stand by my statement. :lol:

The Interior is fine. The issue is a serious lack of Pass Rush. Frank Clark is the guy. That's it. They have to blitz to get consistent pressure. Which is a problem.

Bobby Wagner is back this week. Which will help tremendously. He's the Sean Lee of that defense. Stopping the run shouldn't be a problem.

Earl is out officially right?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#93 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:01 pm

Cowboys should win by at least 10 points today !!!!
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#94 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:34 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:

No, he's playing.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#95 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:55 pm

O/U is 41.5???

LOL!!!

Give me the under. Comfortably.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

Post#96 » by Mr B » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:03 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:The Interior is fine. The issue is a serious lack of Pass Rush. Frank Clark is the guy. That's it. They have to blitz to get consistent pressure. Which is a problem.

No, he's playing.

Lol! Man Earl REALLY wants out. Apparently he just sat down on the field during practice and refused to participate. Also appears the Chiefs May be interested in trading for him.

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#97 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:52 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:

No, he's playing.

Lol! Man Earl REALLY wants out. Apparently he just sat down on the field during practice and refused to participate. Also appears the Chiefs May be interested in trading for him.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Good. Maybe they'll give us a 1st! :wink:

Earl is being a big baby.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#98 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:53 pm

This Mahomes kid has the arm of an Elway, the release of a Marino and the poise of a Montana.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#99 » by Mr B » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:07 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:No, he's playing.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Good. Maybe they'll give us a 1st! :wink:

Earl is being a big baby.

Good luck with that.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#100 » by Mr B » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:08 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:This Mahomes kid has the arm of an Elway, the release of a Marino and the poise of a Montana.

He’s been extremely good! Keep in mind though that the Chiefs always start the season off hot. They rarely end the season that way though.

Return to Dallas Cowboys