baca
Freshman
And1: 26

Re: Cameron Reddish 

Post#21 » by baca » Tue Jul 3, 2018 8:45 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:
baca wrote:
atlantabbq99 wrote:

Does not feel that way. Barrett had 8.7 free throws per game in FIBA U19 tournament and made 75% of them. He had 80% FT rate in Canadian national team. Not big concern for him.

You need to watch more film.

He shot 62% from the free throw line in his senior year in high school
https://mvasports.com/sports/2016/12/29/about-varsity-basketball.aspx?path=mbball

[i]WEAKNESSES -Excellent upper body but thin lower body. Legs are a bit bowed out.
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/R.J.-Barrett-91144/

Sadly, you need to watch more RECENT film. Your Draftexpress report is from 1 year ago for an high school kids. A high school kids can develop a lot in couple of months. RJ Barrett recently joined Canadian team playing two friend game with China and two FIBA America world cup game, and made 8-9, 7-9, 4-5, 5-7 free throws in these 4 games. And without doubt, China, Dominica and Virgin Islands NATIONAL TEAM are much more better and more persuasive stats than your outdated April 2017 report data. In a nutshell. I don't really worry about RJ Barrett's free throw at all.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#22 » by atlantabbq99 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:11 am

baca wrote:
atlantabbq99 wrote:
baca wrote:
Does not feel that way. Barrett had 8.7 free throws per game in FIBA U19 tournament and made 75% of them. He had 80% FT rate in Canadian national team. Not big concern for him.

https://mvasports.com/sports/2016/12/29/about-varsity-basketball.aspx?path=mbball

[i]WEAKNESSES -Excellent upper body but thin lower body. Legs are a bit bowed out.

Sadly, you need to watch more RECENT film. Your Draftexpress report is from 1 year ago for an high school kids. A high school kids can develop a lot in couple of months. RJ Barrett recently joined Canadian team playing two friend game with China and two FIBA America world cup game, and made 8-9, 7-9, 4-5, 5-7 free throws in these 4 games. And without doubt, China, Dominica and Virgin Islands NATIONAL TEAM are much more better and more persuasive stats than your outdated April 2017 report data. In a nutshell. I don't really worry about RJ Barrett's free throw at all.

Looks like you have no idea what you're talking and you are just going off off youtube rather than watching real games of Barrett like what i do. I wouldn't comment especially if you don't know what you're talking about.

Barrett had another bad shooting game, and no surprise to m, also another bad free throw shooting game. Going 7 for 14 from the free throw line against a D3 team. (1 for 9 from college three)

Barretts a great 'college' athlete, but for now just looks more like another Harrison Barnes, or Justice Winslow.
baca
Freshman

Post#23 » by baca » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:11 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:
baca wrote:
atlantabbq99 wrote:

Looks like you have no idea what you're talking and you are just going off off youtube rather than watching real games of Barrett like what i do. I wouldn't comment especially if you don't know what you're talking about.

Barrett had another bad shooting game, and no surprise to m, also another bad free throw shooting game. Going 7 for 14 from the free throw line against a D3 team. (1 for 9 from college three)

Barretts a great 'college' athlete, but for now just looks more like another Harrison Barnes, or Justice Winslow.

Nice for you to wait a whole month to try to reply my post. There are two more games tonight and Sunday. And please go back to check your local ophthalmologist. Either you cannot read the stats sheet correctly or you are full of **** lairs. The free throw and three stats are wrong...
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#24 » by atlantabbq99 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:51 pm

baca wrote:
atlantabbq99 wrote:
baca wrote:

Nice for you to wait a whole month to try to reply my post. There are two more games tonight and Sunday. And please go back to check your local ophthalmologist. Either you cannot read the stats sheet correctly or you are full of **** lairs. The free throw and three stats are wrong...

2nd preseason game for Duke and RJ Barrett. Still another poor shooting night for Barrett going for 1 for 5 from the free throw line, and 3 for 9 from college three. I don't know what is wrong with your nutshell, maybe you should find a ophthalmologist to help you out.
13th Man
General Manager
And1: 6,117

Post#25 » by 13th Man » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:34 am

Whenever I watch Reddish highlights, I see a mini-KD. The smooth quick release, the accuracy of his shot, the wingspan, the smooth drives into the lane.

It's too bad he doesn't have the RJ Barrett mindset, maybe sitting on the bench during pre-season and watching Barrett attack with reckless abandon (lol) will rub off on him.
baca
Freshman

Post#26 » by baca » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:03 am

atlantabbq99 wrote:
baca wrote:
atlantabbq99 wrote:

2nd preseason game for Duke and RJ Barrett. Still another poor shooting night for Barrett going for 1 for 5 from the free throw line, and 3 for 9 from college three. I don't know what is wrong with your nutshell, maybe you should find a ophthalmologist to help you out.

So you admit you were deliberately reporting wrong stats about FT and 3 pts, which make you a liar.

The 2nd game is VS UTronto, and RJ is 3 for 8 about 3 pt shooting. Go back do your homework, then write your post. You are welcome. https://twitter.com/search?q=duke%20toronto%20stats&src=typd
grubs10
Ballboy
And1: 19

Post#27 » by grubs10 » Mon Sep 3, 2018 6:29 pm

Ya'll sleeping on Cam.

He's not the vertically explosive guy that has a crazy mixtape, but as a 6'7 wing with a decent frame for his age and the body control and fluid movement that he has more than makes up for the lack of crazy explosiveness (which I would bet will improve as he adds strength).

I see a quiet dog in Cam that will take over when he was confident. No doubt he doesn't have the 100mph motor all the time that you would like to see, but I think he knows how good he is and I think as kids mature, get actual coaching, and are around professionals all the time that can very easily change. I think Cam suffers a little bit the same way T-Mac did when he was young. They are not overly loud or expressive guys and they make what they do on the court look so easy when they are hot so they get criticized more than they should for not trying hard enough.

I'll get hate for this but T-Mac stylistically is where I can see Reddish becoming a superstar in my most optimistic expectation. Reddish isn't nearly as explosive as Tracy was but a long two guard that can function as a primary playmaker in the half court and a primary scorer. Strong long guy with vision and ball skills that can see over the guy guarding him and can pull up or get to the rim. He's the player I'm most excited for at this point, and I think he can shine more than people might expect next to RJ and Zion because he's got the smoothest stroke. If he continues working on his shot and becomes comfortable as a Pick n roll ball handler he is a huge weapon at 6'7.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,482

Post#28 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Sep 3, 2018 6:43 pm

grubs10 wrote:Ya'll sleeping on Cam.

He's not the vertically explosive guy that has a crazy mixtape, but as a 6'7 wing with a decent frame for his age and the body control and fluid movement that he has more than makes up for the lack of crazy explosiveness (which I would bet will improve as he adds strength).

I see a quiet dog in Cam that will take over when he was confident. No doubt he doesn't have the 100mph motor all the time that you would like to see, but I think he knows how good he is and I think as kids mature, get actual coaching, and are around professionals all the time that can very easily change. I think Cam suffers a little bit the same way T-Mac did when he was young. They are not overly loud or expressive guys and they make what they do on the court look so easy when they are hot so they get criticized more than they should for not trying hard enough.

I'll get hate for this but T-Mac stylistically is where I can see Reddish becoming a superstar in my most optimistic expectation. Reddish isn't nearly as explosive as Tracy was but a long two guard that can function as a primary playmaker in the half court and a primary scorer. Strong long guy with vision and ball skills that can see over the guy guarding him and can pull up or get to the rim. He's the player I'm most excited for at this point, and I think he can shine more than people might expect next to RJ and Zion because he's got the smoothest stroke. If he continues working on his shot and becomes comfortable as a Pick n roll ball handler he is a huge weapon at 6'7.

I agree with a lot of this, disagree with a little bit. I think when he plays hard he is the best player in this draft and the best wing prospect Duke has had since the OAD era. I agree he isnt the most explosive (can still throw down some nice dunks) but his agility for his size more than makes up for any lack of explosion.

The part I do somewhat disagree on is I do really worry about his motor, I think its a really big red flag right now. And its not just him having a quiet personality or calm demeanor, Brandon Ingram was another dude with a quiet demeanor and had that calm look on his face all the time, but his motor was never questioned. People question Cam's motor for a legit reason. Ive also given up on the "he knows how good he is and just isnt pushed yet" thing, I had that view point with Wiggins and Ayton and neither really changed that once they got to college.

Im not saying there is no chance he can improve his motor, Im just not betting on him doing it until I actually see it.
skiz2
Bench Warmer
And1: 184

Post#29 » by skiz2 » Mon Sep 3, 2018 8:13 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:

I agree with a lot of this, disagree with a little bit. I think when he plays hard he is the best player in this draft and the best wing prospect Duke has had since the OAD era. I agree he isnt the most explosive (can still throw down some nice dunks) but his agility for his size more than makes up for any lack of explosion.

The part I do somewhat disagree on is I do really worry about his motor, I think its a really big red flag right now. And its not just him having a quiet personality or calm demeanor, Brandon Ingram was another dude with a quiet demeanor and had that calm look on his face all the time, but his motor was never questioned. People question Cam's motor for a legit reason. Ive also given up on the "he knows how good he is and just isnt pushed yet" thing, I had that view point with Wiggins and Ayton and neither really changed that once they got to college.

Im not saying there is no chance he can improve his motor, Im just not betting on him doing it until I actually see it.

UNC guy here, who agrees 100% with the Duke4life. His motor is not bad, it is downright putrid sometimes. I have seen him play a lot and it is super frustrating. He often exhibits poor body language along with a lack of effort, laughing when his guy beats him off the dribble for example.

Best natural talent in the draft, but I have him firmly behind Barrett, Little and Zion at this point, because I don't think he wants it near as bad as the other three.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#30 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Sep 3, 2018 8:22 pm

skiz2 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

UNC guy here, who agrees 100% with the Duke4life. His motor is not bad, it is downright putrid sometimes. I have seen him play a lot and it is super frustrating. He often exhibits poor body language along with a lack of effort, laughing when his guy beats him off the dribble for example.

Best natural talent in the draft, but I have him firmly behind Barrett, Little and Zion at this point, because I don't think he wants it near as bad as the other three.

Ya the thing that really makes it noticeable is when you watch a game where he plays hard. He started out his senior season playing hard, guess what that is when you started to see some places have him as the #1 guy in the class, I believe it was SI that put him at #1 on their mock draft. To me I think he is clearly the best player in this draft, the dude is made to be an all nba talent in todays NBA. Then as the year went on, his motor died down and he started to play very lazy and unmotivated. Comparing the two makes it really obvious the dude just isnt trying in a lot of these games.

I bashed Wiggins on it and I bashed Ayton on it, I gotta stay consistent and even though he is a Dukie, I gotta bash Cam on it.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,746

Post#31 » by cgf » Tue Sep 4, 2018 11:21 am

If someone can keep a fire lit under his ass, I do like the TMac comp a lot. Both long wings with HoF skills, PG backgrounds that make them comfortable facilitating for more type-A personalities, who need to fall into the right situation to become “the man” for their team & reach their full potential. Tracy didn’t get there until the Grant Hill injury left him alone on the magic, hopefully Cam gets there someday as well.

I think he has a much better feel for the game than Wiggins did, although I know that that comp is more about their laziness than actually games.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
ItsThatEasy
Analyst
And1: 5,031

Post#32 » by ItsThatEasy » Sun Sep 9, 2018 1:40 am

My mind spins every time I even see Cam's name at this point. So much talent and such an enigma between the ears. He'll probably never get into any trouble off the court or ever cause any problems in the locker room, but it's not looking like he'll ever have much of a fire either.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,235

Post#33 » by PhilBlackson » Sun Sep 9, 2018 5:31 pm

If Cam was consistently aggressive he'd be the best player in this draft, he's not so I like Nas for now.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#34 » by WargamesX » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:54 am

Has a date been given on when he would be healthy enough to start to play?
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#35 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:24 am

PorzinGAWD wrote:Has a date been given on when he would be healthy enough to start to play?

If the Canada games were ACC games he would've played.
OGLife
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,892

Post#36 » by OGLife » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:52 am

Klay Thompson 2.0
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#37 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:13 pm

OGLife wrote:Klay Thompson 2.0

Not seeing the comparison. Cam is the best shooter out of the top 4 bunch, but far from a sharp shooter. Cam also has played plenty of PG in high school and has a good scoring game off the dribble and is the best facilitator out of the bunch as well. Very different than Klay.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#38 » by Marcus » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:13 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
skiz2 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Ya the thing that really makes it noticeable is when you watch a game where he plays hard. He started out his senior season playing hard, guess what that is when you started to see some places have him as the #1 guy in the class, I believe it was SI that put him at #1 on their mock draft. To me I think he is clearly the best player in this draft, the dude is made to be an all nba talent in todays NBA. Then as the year went on, his motor died down and he started to play very lazy and unmotivated. Comparing the two makes it really obvious the dude just isnt trying in a lot of these games.

I bashed Wiggins on it and I bashed Ayton on it, I gotta stay consistent and even though he is a Dukie, I gotta bash Cam on it.

yeah you stay pretty fair when it comes to motor. We've been waiting for Bolden to start his for a few years now. Difference with Bolden and the guys you mentioned is talent. They had enough talent to make you believe the motor could be a non-factor. Cam falls in that group. His only issue with whether or not he can hide in plain sight is that the other 3 frosh studs will be going hard and won't have that issue which could help Cam disappear.

You think there's a possibility Cam doesn't leave if his showing is below par compared to Zion and RJ?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#39 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:38 pm

Marcus wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
skiz2 wrote:

yeah you stay pretty fair when it comes to motor. We've been waiting for Bolden to start his for a few years now. Difference with Bolden and the guys you mentioned is talent. They had enough talent to make you believe the motor could be a non-factor. Cam falls in that group. His only issue with whether or not he can hide in plain sight is that the other 3 frosh studs will be going hard and won't have that issue which could help Cam disappear.

You think there's a possibility Cam doesn't leave if his showing is below par compared to Zion and RJ?

Dont get me started on Bolden haha. He is one of the laziest players I have ever seen. Hopefully Vrank gets minutes over him this year. Bolden is actually one of the reasons I cant fall in love with Cam as a prospect. If you took motor out of the equation, I actually have Cam above any other wing that has gone to Duke during the OAD era. But man the motor has just been so bad.

I have a really hard time seeing Cam coming back. The only way I think there is a chance he returns is his foot injury bugs him all season and he really struggles from 3. Even then I dont think he returns. I just think the lotto in this class outside of the top 4 is so weak that I dont think he can fall too far.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#40 » by Marcus » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:47 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Dont get me started on Bolden haha. He is one of the laziest players I have ever seen. Hopefully Vrank gets minutes over him this year. Bolden is actually one of the reasons I cant fall in love with Cam as a prospect. If you took motor out of the equation, I actually have Cam above any other wing that has gone to Duke during the OAD era. But man the motor has just been so bad.

I have a really hard time seeing Cam coming back. The only way I think there is a chance he returns is his foot injury bugs him all season and he really struggles from 3. Even then I dont think he returns. I just think the lotto in this class outside of the top 4 is so weak that I dont think he can fall too far.

looking at the next couple years i'm expecting any kid that can leave this year to do so because stock will drop significantly sticking around.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY

Return to NBA Draft