TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,327

Re: Dynasty League - wordsenuff/bigfoot/KopLegend 

Post#441 » by TASTIC » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:21 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
wheezy wrote:I’m personally pretty happy you guys didn’t... Thought about joining back when you all started but was too busy with life stuff to do another league. Having 16 teams definitely makes it more interesting too.

I like deep leagues, but usually when I run them I customize them to add more spots. It's hard for a team like mine to decide who to draft when it gets late...prospects or win now.

I wouldn't mind if this went 6 rounds and we had an extra roster spot and an extra bench spot. It would be slim pickins on waivers, but it would make good draft choices important. It would be closer to the real NBA....you would be forced to play more players, and carry a bigger bench, and make it harder to find gems, though when the draft came around, keeper selections would likely be a lot tougher and there would be perhaps a more interesting player pool.,,,theoretically it might not change, but it might seem more interesting since 6 players on each team got dropped into the player pool for the draft instead of 4.
I like the 16 teamer. Gives it a hardcore dynasty feel that's cool. I worry if it contacted by a couple of teams that early part of the draft would be so skewed towards an advantage especially if it happened in a year with a weak rookie class.

I'd be fine expanding rosters but as you mentioned the waiver wire would so damn thin. It's already thin but at least has some gems. Two of my keepers bogdon and sabonis were wire pickups.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app

Yeah I like keeping the league bigger too.

Allen and Rozier were both waiver adds, so was Hezonja who I was hoping to get back...ah well.

It's easy to forget that fantasy studs like CJ McCollum (38 GP 5.3pts), Paul George (7.8pt 3.7reb), Kawhi (7.9pt 5.1reb), Giannis (6.8pt 4.4reb) ALL started out on waiver wires their rookie season. Some took even longer to become relevant - Lowry for example. So finding that gem is key to winning a league and building a good squad
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Post#442 » by bwgood77 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:28 am

TASTIC wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
I like deep leagues, but usually when I run them I customize them to add more spots. It's hard for a team like mine to decide who to draft when it gets late...prospects or win now.

I wouldn't mind if this went 6 rounds and we had an extra roster spot and an extra bench spot. It would be slim pickins on waivers, but it would make good draft choices important. It would be closer to the real NBA....you would be forced to play more players, and carry a bigger bench, and make it harder to find gems, though when the draft came around, keeper selections would likely be a lot tougher and there would be perhaps a more interesting player pool.,,,theoretically it might not change, but it might seem more interesting since 6 players on each team got dropped into the player pool for the draft instead of 4.
I like the 16 teamer. Gives it a hardcore dynasty feel that's cool. I worry if it contacted by a couple of teams that early part of the draft would be so skewed towards an advantage especially if it happened in a year with a weak rookie class.

I'd be fine expanding rosters but as you mentioned the waiver wire would so damn thin. It's already thin but at least has some gems. Two of my keepers bogdon and sabonis were wire pickups.

Allen and Rozier were both waiver adds, so was Hezonja who I was hoping to get back...ah well.

It's easy to forget that fantasy studs like CJ McCollum (38 GP 5.3pts), Paul George (7.8pt 3.7reb), Kawhi (7.9pt 5.1reb), Giannis (6.8pt 4.4reb) ALL started out on waiver wires their rookie season. Some took even longer to become relevant - Lowry for example. So finding that gem is key to winning a league and building a good squad

Yeah, you guys wait and see who's good and snatch them up on waivers....I predict it and draft them (LeVert and Dejounte Murray).

Just kidding around...I actually think I drafted Ntilikina and Skal Labissiere first and was hoping for Thon Maker but of all people Kerrsed (of course) took him.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#443 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:33 am

bwgood77 wrote:
TASTIC wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:I like the 16 teamer. Gives it a hardcore dynasty feel that's cool. I worry if it contacted by a couple of teams that early part of the draft would be so skewed towards an advantage especially if it happened in a year with a weak rookie class.

Yeah, you guys wait and see who's good and snatch them up on waivers....I predict it and draft them (LeVert and Dejounte Murray).

Just kidding around...I actually think I drafted Ntilikina and Skal Labissiere first and was hoping for Thon Maker but of all people Kerrsed (of course) took him.
Funny you mention thon and skal I specifically remember being pissed last year that I didn't grab one of those two with my 1st pick. Took win now guys in crowder and gortat instead, they kind of sucked but my last two picks kuzma and Crabbe were useful. I should have done a better job with my original draft, only have 4 guys from that draft still on my roster and one is old ass milsap.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#444 » by bwgood77 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:42 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
TASTIC wrote:Yeah I like keeping the league bigger too.

Funny you mention thon and skal I specifically remember being pissed last year that I didn't grab one of those two with my 1st pick. Took win now guys in crowder and gortat instead, they kind of sucked but my last two picks kuzma and Crabbe were useful. I should have done a better job with my original draft, only have 4 guys from that draft still on my roster and one is old ass milsap.

That's the tough thing with me...I have a legit team that isn't old at all but not real young so do I need to draft rookies even though it's more exciting. There were some I wanted to draft but I have a win now ready team so adding win now guys gives me a better chance.

I guess at some point competitive teams when declining can trade their still useful solid vets with 2-3 years left to an up n coming team with prospects it might not need because the earlier recent prospects it needed are competing so they are somewhat in the treadmill range...I guess when both sides hit the treadmill (middle) that swap can happen.

I only put middle there because I plan to be on the treadmill at the top for a while.
wordsenuff
Pro Prospect
And1: 355

Post#445 » by wordsenuff » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:19 am

I’ll take Taj Gibson
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,150

Re: Dynasty League - bigfoot/KopLegend/Mathias 

Post#446 » by bigfoot » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:41 am

I'll take Grayson Allen
KopLegend
Sixth Man
And1: 197

Re: Dynasty League - KopLegend/Mathias/Ulquiorra 

Post#447 » by KopLegend » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:11 am

Kelly Olynyk
dmastro32
Rookie
And1: 502

Re: Dynasty League - bigfoot/KopLegend/Mathias 

Post#448 » by dmastro32 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:30 am

bigfoot wrote:I'll take Grayson Allen

Almost took him over Bridges he just matches the Jazz so much.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Re: Dynasty League - Mathias/Ulquiorra/Weekapaug 

Post#449 » by MathiasPW » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:22 pm

Danolo Gallonoro, which will be my trade bait when someone needs an uptick in FT%
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 687

Re: Dynasty League - Mathias/Ulquiorra/Weekapaug 

Post#450 » by Kyler Murray » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:19 pm

Let's gamble. Marquesieisi Chriss
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Re: Dynasty League - Weekapaug/Kerrsed/bwgood77 

Post#451 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:18 pm

Not an exciting pick but give me Rudy Gay
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Re: Dynasty League - Weekapaug/Kerrsed/bwgood77 

Post#452 » by Golanator » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:31 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Not an exciting pick but give me Rudy Gay

Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Re: Dynasty League - Kerrsed/bwgood77/Qwigglez 

Post#453 » by Kerrsed » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:02 pm

Frank Ntilikina !!!!
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#454 » by bwgood77 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:03 pm

I think I will go with Zach Collins.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,102

Post#455 » by MrMiyagi » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:25 pm

bwgood77 wrote:I think I will go with Zach Collins.
I'd thought about taking him, but I have no idea what Portland is doing with its front court.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#456 » by bwgood77 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:31 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:
I'd thought about taking him, but I have no idea what Portland is doing with its front court.

Yeah, who knows? I studied like every single player left in the pool just about, and all the rookies. My rookies and some of my youngs were near worthless last year but I just didn't really want an old guy or kind of boring vet that will probably help more. Not sure if it's dumb since he would have a hard time cracking my keepers.
batsmasher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#457 » by batsmasher » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:38 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:

Yeah, who knows? I studied like every single player left in the pool just about, and all the rookies. My rookies and some of my youngs were near worthless last year but I just didn't really want an old guy or kind of boring vet that will probably help more. Not sure if it's dumb since he would have a hard time cracking my keepers.

Thought I could snag him with my final pick. Worth a look to see where he fits - they realllly like him at the Blazers.
de'aaron fox will be a hof'er, don't @ me
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#458 » by bwgood77 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:44 pm

batsmasher wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:I'd thought about taking him, but I have no idea what Portland is doing with its front court.

Thought I could snag him with my final pick. Worth a look to see where he fits - they realllly like him at the Blazers.

Yeah, his #s last year were terrible last year and I was comparing some of the remaining rookie #s in college, and then I compared his college rookie numbers and he blew them all away so I was like "Well a year of NBA experience is good, right?"
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,538

Re: Dynasty League - Qwigglez/GolanatorX2/Qwigglez 

Post#459 » by Qwigglez » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:19 am

Alex Len
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,150

Re: Dynasty League - GolanatorX2/Qwigglez/bw 

Post#460 » by bigfoot » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:48 am

Just curious ... how does the waiver process work?

Return to Phoenix Suns