Cameron Reddish

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,278

Re: Cameron Reddish 

Post#41 » by PhilBlackson » Tue Oct 2, 2018 2:56 am

Cam is my favorite prospect out of the 3 at Duke and on second thought I'd prob take him 1st overall right now, just like his skillset and physical abilities too much.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,421

Post#42 » by Revived » Tue Oct 2, 2018 10:31 am

atlantabbq99 wrote:I think the 2019 draft will be a very very weak draft class, but the one person i do like is Reddish.

He has good vision and PG skills for somebody his size, but what impresses me the most is that he has a high release on his shot like Durant.

Interesting to see the comparison to Durant because Reddish has experience playing on a super team as well as Mo Bamba, Brandon Randolph and himself all played together in high school. They were 4-0 against this year’s #1 overall pick DeAndre Ayton and Ayton references the super team here (first 15 secs of the video);

I really like him as a prospect as well and I do think his game will translate well to the pros.
skiz2
Bench Warmer
And1: 184

Post#43 » by skiz2 » Tue Oct 2, 2018 12:39 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
Ya the thing that really makes it noticeable is when you watch a game where he plays hard. He started out his senior season playing hard, guess what that is when you started to see some places have him as the #1 guy in the class, I believe it was SI that put him at #1 on their mock draft. To me I think he is clearly the best player in this draft, the dude is made to be an all nba talent in todays NBA. Then as the year went on, his motor died down and he started to play very lazy and unmotivated. Comparing the two makes it really obvious the dude just isnt trying in a lot of these games.

I bashed Wiggins on it and I bashed Ayton on it, I gotta stay consistent and even though he is a Dukie, I gotta bash Cam on it.

yeah you stay pretty fair when it comes to motor. We've been waiting for Bolden to start his for a few years now. Difference with Bolden and the guys you mentioned is talent. They had enough talent to make you believe the motor could be a non-factor. Cam falls in that group. His only issue with whether or not he can hide in plain sight is that the other 3 frosh studs will be going hard and won't have that issue which could help Cam disappear.

You think there's a possibility Cam doesn't leave if his showing is below par compared to Zion and RJ?

Dont get me started on Bolden haha. He is one of the laziest players I have ever seen. Hopefully Vrank gets minutes over him this year. Bolden is actually one of the reasons I cant fall in love with Cam as a prospect. If you took motor out of the equation, I actually have Cam above any other wing that has gone to Duke during the OAD era. But man the motor has just been so bad.

I have a really hard time seeing Cam coming back. The only way I think there is a chance he returns is his foot injury bugs him all season and he really struggles from 3. Even then I dont think he returns. I just think the lotto in this class outside of the top 4 is so weak that I dont think he can fall too far.

Bolden is one of the greatest dissapointments in Duke history. I am shocked at how he has turned out, I was pissed when he committed to Duke, had a great combination of skill, length, and athleticism. Seems like a guy who is just not in love with basketball.
ItsThatEasy
Analyst
And1: 5,031

Post#44 » by ItsThatEasy » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:30 pm

The flashes are there even with the injury.

Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,610

Post#45 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:34 am

ItsThatEasy wrote:The flashes are there even with the injury.

I actually think there is a gap between him and the rest of everyone else if he plays hard. The game on both ends just comes so easy for him.
ItsThatEasy
Analyst

Post#46 » by ItsThatEasy » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:07 am

Duke4life831 wrote:

I actually think there is a gap between him and the rest of everyone else if he plays hard. The game on both ends just comes so easy for him.

His shot creating is light years ahead of RJ, that's apparent already, so I'm inclined to agree.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#47 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:09 am

ItsThatEasy wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

His shot creating is light years ahead of RJ, that's apparent already, so I'm inclined to agree.

Yup. He can hit every shot there is. He can score with either hand at the rim and on defense when he tries you can see him really use his size and length. I really hopes he realizes he can be special if he really tries.
ItsThatEasy
Analyst

Post#48 » by ItsThatEasy » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:26 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
ItsThatEasy wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Yup. He can hit every shot there is. He can score with either hand at the rim and on defense when he tries you can see him really use his size and length. I really hopes he realizes he can be special if he really tries.

Who would you say came in more polished offensively (scoring, passing, etc.): Tatum or Reddish?
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#49 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:29 am

ItsThatEasy wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
ItsThatEasy wrote:

Who would you say came in more polished offensively (scoring, passing, etc.): Tatum or Reddish?

Scoring I would go with Tatum. Overall offense, I would go with Reddish. Tatum did and still lacks facilitating, Reddish is pretty damn good at it for his size. Also Tatum's 3pt shot was further behind Reddish's coming in as well. But Tatum has that edge to his game that Reddish just cant seem to bring every game.

I would take a hard playing Reddish over any wing that has come through Duke during the OAD era.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#50 » by GimmeDat » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:16 am

Better defender/defensive potential - Reddish or Little?
skiz2
Bench Warmer

Post#51 » by skiz2 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:37 am

GimmeDat wrote:Better defender/defensive potential - Reddish or Little?

Little, IMHO. Little has better lateral movements, strength and really really quick hands. I think you will see Roy have him guard 1-5 this season.

Reddish offensive potential is second to none in this draft. Just really wish he would bring it (except against UNC or in a National Championship).
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#52 » by No-Man » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:24 am

Reddish better as a help guy, Little better as a stopper, he really wants to lock guys up

Reddish is overrated as an athlete in this thread btw
skiz2
Bench Warmer

Post#53 » by skiz2 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:10 pm

Fischella wrote:Reddish better as a help guy, Little better as a stopper, he really wants to lock guys up

A lot of the guys he gets compared to are much better athletes. I would even argue that other than his drive my second concern would be his lack of explosive athletic ability. I don’t see him as someone who can compensate for his lack of drive with out athleting people.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#54 » by No-Man » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:01 pm

skiz2 wrote:
Fischella wrote:Reddish better as a help guy, Little better as a stopper, he really wants to lock guys up

A lot of the guys he gets compared to are much better athletes. I would even argue that other than his drive my second concern would be his lack of explosive athletic ability. I don’t see him as someone who can compensate for his lack of drive with out athleting people.

agreed
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#55 » by GimmeDat » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:02 am

I agree - Little seems like the most sure shot, elite, lockdown guy. Reddish could be very disruptive with his tools and versatility, I wonder whether his supposed motor 'issues' stop him from living up to his potential on that end at all - will be interesting to see.

The Bulls are looking like a bottom 5 team this season.. obviously we'll improve a lot with Markkanen back in the fold, but the defense is still going to be one of the worst in the league, and there's still a general lack of cohesiveness offensively with the units. With SF the glaring hole, it's interesting to compare guys like Reddish and Little and how they fit in to the roster.

Little's probably the safer bet as a fit - elite defender, motor will help him make a difference regardless of offensive volume, I can see him helping to crash the glass, get garbage points, be that athletic finisher presence, and if the jump-shot develops (and I do like the form), he could make a massive impact.

That said, I'm a little bit in love with Reddish's abilities, In a rebuilding phase you need to lean towards upside, if he can prove to be effective off-ball (Duke good situation to assess that) and be a high level defender, on top of his offensive skill-set, he'd be an exciting addition that would also work with the roster. I like the point-forward element, could get Lavine off-ball even more, help set him up with some good looks, but on the flip-side maybe it's a too many cooks situation as well if his usage is too high, and obviously Dunn off-ball too much is not ideal. Maybe the uber-role player sort of archetype Little might lean a little bit further towards might suite better.

Maybe Barrett's worth considering depending on whose on the board, I don't think he's a good a fit skill-set wise, also the least natural 3 (though not really an issue, should be workable there), Zion might be BPA and worth ignoring fit for depending on board as well but he seems like a front-court guy. Honourable mention to Hunter, he's probably the tier below (I have him 5-10 range), might be the guy to target if we get a lower draft pick.

Interested to hear you guys thoughts. Obviously we need to see them in college and our understanding of them as prospects is fluid. But just based on what we've seen so far.
skiz2
Bench Warmer

Post#56 » by skiz2 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:17 pm

GimmeDat wrote:I agree - Little seems like the most sure shot, elite, lockdown guy. Reddish could be very disruptive with his tools and versatility, I wonder whether his supposed motor 'issues' stop him from living up to his potential on that end at all - will be interesting to see.

The Bulls are looking like a bottom 5 team this season.. obviously we'll improve a lot with Markkanen back in the fold, but the defense is still going to be one of the worst in the league, and there's still a general lack of cohesiveness offensively with the units. With SF the glaring hole, it's interesting to compare guys like Reddish and Little and how they fit in to the roster.

Little's probably the safer bet as a fit - elite defender, motor will help him make a difference regardless of offensive volume, I can see him helping to crash the glass, get garbage points, be that athletic finisher presence, and if the jump-shot develops (and I do like the form), he could make a massive impact.

That said, I'm a little bit in love with Reddish's abilities, In a rebuilding phase you need to lean towards upside, if he can prove to be effective off-ball (Duke good situation to assess that) and be a high level defender, on top of his offensive skill-set, he'd be an exciting addition that would also work with the roster. I like the point-forward element, could get Lavine off-ball even more, help set him up with some good looks, but on the flip-side maybe it's a too many cooks situation as well if his usage is too high, and obviously Dunn off-ball too much is not ideal. Maybe the uber-role player sort of archetype Little might lean a little bit further towards might suite better.

Maybe Barrett's worth considering depending on whose on the board, I don't think he's a good a fit skill-set wise, also the least natural 3 (though not really an issue, should be workable there), Zion might be BPA and worth ignoring fit for depending on board as well but he seems like a front-court guy. Honourable mention to Hunter, he's probably the tier below (I have him 5-10 range), might be the guy to target if we get a lower draft pick.

Interested to hear you guys thoughts. Obviously we need to see them in college and our understanding of them as prospects is fluid. But just based on what we've seen so far.

I think one thing as well to consider if your the bulls is the impact of personality on the team. People love to play with Little and Zion. They don’t take plays off, they go 100% every possession and were among the most popular guys off the court among the circuit as well.

Reddish and Barrett not so much for different reasons. Reddish is a naturally quiet introverted individual, and while Barrett goes all out every game, I have heard rumblings about him being a subpar teammate.

Of course I feel a little weird saying that about teenagers because there should be some benefit of the doubt and room to let them mature.

From a fit for the Bulls I really like Little and Zion as of today. Their energy and desire is contagious, they are locker room dreams who can light a fire under someone like Jabari to play defense without compromising team chemistry. I think their floors are really high and that they can help immediately and their ceiling are really high that fans can enjoy watching them develop through the years.

My two cents.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#57 » by GimmeDat » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:35 pm

skiz2 wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:I agree - Little seems like the most sure shot, elite, lockdown guy. Reddish could be very disruptive with his tools and versatility, I wonder whether his supposed motor 'issues' stop him from living up to his potential on that end at all - will be interesting to see.

I think one thing as well to consider if your the bulls is the impact of personality on the team. People love to play with Little and Zion. They don’t take plays off, they go 100% every possession and were among the most popular guys off the court among the circuit as well.

Reddish and Barrett not so much for different reasons. Reddish is a naturally quiet introverted individual, and while Barrett goes all out every game, I have heard rumblings about him being a subpar teammate.

Of course I feel a little weird saying that about teenagers because there should be some benefit of the doubt and room to let them mature.

From a fit for the Bulls I really like Little and Zion as of today. Their energy and desire is contagious, they are locker room dreams who can light a fire under someone like Jabari to play defense without compromising team chemistry. I think their floors are really high and that they can help immediately and their ceiling are really high that fans can enjoy watching them develop through the years.

My two cents.

Thanks for the input, I totally agree, and that's what appeals to me about Little. He has that dog in him similar to Dunn, and combining those guys, as well as Carter, who has really been quality on defense so far, together, it could really help form a team identity/culture.

I don't know if Jabari has a future with the Bulls, I'm a bit partial to him but his defense has admittedly been abysmal (there's no way we keep him around on 20m but personally I would be intrigued to have him as a 6th man at like a 4/45 sort of deal if we declined his TO). But Lavine's really made a concerted effort to improve his D this season (still average at best but no massive liability), and Markkanen is surprisingly good, so I think that 1st unit could be a really good defensive team.

Zion I'm a bit wary of the fit, because he seems like a PF to me. Obviously if he looks like the standout best player you take him and work it out, but I'd rather one of the true SF's fit wise.

I agree with Reddish.. and I don't have an issue with his personality, but maybe with some of the other guys we have that might lull them a bit - Carter is also quiet (but plays hard) and Lavine needs to be super focused and we know how bad he *can* be when lazy or disengaged. I love Reddish in vacuum though.

Will be interesting to see how the seasons pan out. I think Little might be the guy for us. I do like him offensively but I wonder whether his overall ceiling is high enough for us to overlook the other top prospects, should we have a high enough pick to choose between them.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#58 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:42 pm

My fears for Cam Reddish look true for the 1st half of this preseason game. With Tre, RJ and Zion on the court with him, he is just so willing to be the catch and shoot guy.
ItsThatEasy
Analyst

Post#59 » by ItsThatEasy » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:41 am

Duke4life831 wrote:My fears for Cam Reddish look true for the 1st half of this preseason game. With Tre, RJ and Zion on the court with him, he is just so willing to be the catch and shoot guy.

Yup, and sadly he's looked like an absolute stud when he's made decisive moves with the ball in his hands tonight. Like top tier draft pick type of flashes. He just looks like he's gliding past guys out there, he could score each time down the floor if he wanted to :banghead: .
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#60 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:23 am

ItsThatEasy wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:My fears for Cam Reddish look true for the 1st half of this preseason game. With Tre, RJ and Zion on the court with him, he is just so willing to be the catch and shoot guy.

Yup, and sadly he's looked like an absolute stud when he's made decisive moves with the ball in his hands tonight. Like top tier draft pick type of flashes. He just looks like he's gliding past guys out there, he could score each time down the floor if he wanted to :banghead: .

Thought he looked better in the 2nd half. He is a force when he has the ball in his hands and wants to attack. Ended up with 7-9 assists (depends on the box score you read), Duke played him at point a little in the 2nd and he looked really good.

Return to NBA Draft