2018 Postseason Thread

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb

Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

2018 Postseason Thread 

Post#1 » by Ranma » Fri Oct 5, 2018 1:26 am

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: 2018 Postseason Thread 

Post#2 » by Neddy » Fri Oct 5, 2018 1:31 am

man we are not the dodgers, we are the LA "chicks digs da" LongBalls
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#3 » by Neddy » Fri Oct 5, 2018 1:34 am

and glad to finally see my boy Ryu on big stage. always knew this guy had it in him.
ehhhhh f it.
Ranma
RealGM

Good Call, Neddy 

Post#4 » by Ranma » Fri Oct 5, 2018 1:58 am

Neddy wrote:and glad to finally see my boy Ryu on big stage. always knew this guy had it in him.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Game 1 NLDS (Up 1 - 0) 

Post#5 » by Ranma » Fri Oct 5, 2018 4:20 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#6 » by Kilroy » Fri Oct 5, 2018 4:38 am

Sorry guys... I watched the first couple and the last couple... Final stages of the move and too busy to be online too much...

It seemed like a solid outing for us... Almost formulaic... Manny was a little disappointing at first but his last defensive play made up for it. We'll need more from his bat if we want to win though...

I think Kershaw's going to be solid for us, but I think like tonight... If we can keep Jansen off the mound we're going to be fine... I have no faith in our closer... These are not good words.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Neddy
RealGM

Post#7 » by Neddy » Fri Oct 5, 2018 6:56 am

Kilroy wrote:Sorry guys... I watched the first couple and the last couple... Final stages of the move and too busy to be online too much...

It seemed like a solid outing for us... Almost formulaic... Manny was a little disappointing at first but his last defensive play made up for it. We'll need more from his bat if we want to win though...

I think Kershaw's going to be solid for us, but I think like tonight... If we can keep Jansen off the mound we're going to be fine... I have no faith in our closer... These are not good words.

Oh I think Kershaw is gonna be furious to top Ryu tomorrow, especially knowing that the worst he can do is to tie the series. I would not trust Clayton with the most pressure situation, but i trust him to no other when the pressure is little to none, like we are up 1-0 at home with him being dissed from game 1 start and pissed.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,638

Post#8 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Oct 5, 2018 12:39 pm

Call me crazy but I actually like this team without the Kershaw and Jansen crutches. I like the front office and Dave needing to be more creative than ideas like:
- Well...easy, just throw the best pitcher in baseball on 3 days rest; or
- Just bring in the best closer in baseball for a 6 out save....every damn time.

I particularly like it because it's not a "throw the baby out with the bath water" type scenario. They can get outs for us this postseason.

The other thing I like about our team:
- Playoff Joc. I told people last year. He was the clutch/ gamer type OF, not stupid Curtis Granderson...gtfo...and Joc has done nothing but hit big dingers for us.
- ****. <---- The type of professional he has become is crazy. Utley was completely worth it if he keeps improving and performing in the playoffs.

Ryu was fantastic Game 1. He justified his pick and set a pretty good bar for Kershaw to match.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#9 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Oct 5, 2018 12:40 pm

Btw, I was busy yesterday, so it slipped past me that Strip didn't make the postseason roster.

Damn. I feel bad for him.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#10 » by Kilroy » Fri Oct 5, 2018 3:02 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Call me crazy but I actually like this team without the Kershaw and Jansen crutches. I like the front office and Dave needing to be more creative than ideas like:
- Well...easy, just throw the best pitcher in baseball on 3 days rest; or
- Just bring in the best closer in baseball for a 6 out save....every damn time.

I particularly like it because it's not a "throw the baby out with the bath water" type scenario. They can get outs for us this postseason.

The other thing I like about our team:
- Playoff Joc. I told people last year. He was the clutch/ gamer type OF, not stupid Curtis Granderson...gtfo...and Joc has done nothing but hit big dingers for us.
- ****. <---- The type of professional he has become is crazy. Utley was completely worth it if he keeps improving and performing in the playoffs.

Ryu was fantastic Game 1. He justified his pick and set a pretty good bar for Kershaw to match.

Post Season Puig too... His bat and his defense ratchet up a notch and he's been a big reason we made it here to begin with...

I don't see a WS winner here, but we have some fun players to watch and we seem to be able to get out of the park and on base against just about anyone... So who knows.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Neddy
RealGM

Post#11 » by Neddy » Sat Oct 6, 2018 1:25 am

Kilroy wrote:I don't see a WS winner here, but we have some fun players to watch and we seem to be able to get out of the park and on base against just about anyone... So who knows.

hey did you see the 88 team winning it all when we snuck into the playoffs?

only person who ever claims to have known that 1988 team was going to be a WS champ was Tommy LaSorda and even he probably was talking out of his you know where.

the Rockies dropped another one but going back to Denver with their top 2 starters ready, they could push that series back to Milwaukee. on the flip side, we shut the braves down tonight with one angry Kershaw, we can let young Mr. Buehler make sure there is no concessions for game 4 in ATL, then reset.

just get back into WS, anything can happen, remember when Vince said

"there she goes, gone!" pause... "in a year so improbable, the impossible has happened"

I will never ever forget those words as long as my mind is still intact. it could happen. again. well, not Vince on mic since he is retired, but just saying this is baseball...... and that's why I love this game so much. the predictability doesn't always have the overwhelming probability that other sports do. baseball in a short series, is completely unpredictable. so yeah... let's go baby.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#12 » by Neddy » Sat Oct 6, 2018 1:48 am

man, vintage Kershaw Curve right there, although he got a little help from the ump... let's see if he can get mad enough to shut them down from here on. the first leadoff single came off on the first pitch, on a very vanilla location at vanilla velocity. since then, he's been locked in on locations.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#13 » by Neddy » Sat Oct 6, 2018 1:59 am

Manny comes thru finally!
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#14 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Oct 6, 2018 2:01 am

Ump gave him some love on that curve for sure but I like that he got out of that lead off double.

Manny showing up tonight!!!!!11
Neddy
RealGM

Post#15 » by Neddy » Sat Oct 6, 2018 2:07 am

kershaw pitching like a grizzly vet w a lead
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#16 » by Neddy » Sat Oct 6, 2018 2:08 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Ump gave him some love on that curve for sure but I like that he got out of that lead off double.

Manny showing up tonight!!!!!11

we need ranma and Kilroy, then we actually have da full capacity for a game thread! lol
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#17 » by Neddy » Sat Oct 6, 2018 2:19 am

what an at bat by Kersh. doesn't matter he got K'ed. 8 pitch at bat for a pitcher? wow
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#18 » by Neddy » Sat Oct 6, 2018 2:27 am

oh man, Acuna Jr surely sees Kersh's pitches well. nearly missed a HR. I say from now on, pitch around this kid early then locate your fastball, not the other way around.
ehhhhh f it.
Ranma
RealGM

OMW 

Post#19 » by Ranma » Sat Oct 6, 2018 2:29 am

Neddy wrote:we need ranma and Kilroy, then we actually have da full capacity for a game thread! lol

I'm just now getting off work and will log on as soon as I take on traffic on the way home.

Neddy
RealGM

Post#20 » by Neddy » Sat Oct 6, 2018 2:33 am

LOL GOOD LUCK my friend
ehhhhh f it.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers