The 2018 Fantasy Thread

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

The 2018 Fantasy Thread 

Post#1 » by Kerrsed » Fri Oct 5, 2018 7:39 am

A thread for Discussions of all 3 Fantasy Leagues. Good luck....and dont get demoted!

2018 Dynasty League Draft Thread

2018 Premier League Draft Thread

2018 G-League Draft Thread

If you are trying to trade a player (Or looking for a trade partner), MAKE SURE you list your league and your team name so there is no confusion!
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 690

Re: The 2018 Fantasy Thread 

Post#2 » by Kyler Murray » Fri Oct 5, 2018 9:14 am

Kerrsed how you feel about running the g-league next year? :lol:
b-ball forever
General Manager
And1: 498

Post#3 » by b-ball forever » Fri Oct 5, 2018 9:58 am

Ulquiorra wrote:Kerrsed how you feel about running the g-league next year? :lol:

His team does seem to have several risks. Could go south, or could go good if he gets lucky on the health/shape of Griffin/Cousins/J. Parker

You've got the best team in the Premier League IMO on the other hand. Harden @3, CP3 @24, Covington @55, Saric @81 all very nice picks.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#4 » by Kerrsed » Fri Oct 5, 2018 11:17 am

Ulquiorra wrote:Kerrsed how you feel about running the g-league next year? :lol:

Fingers crossed i dont have to! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

b-ball forever wrote:

His team does seem to have several risks. Could go south, or could go good if he gets lucky on the health/shape of Griffin/Cousins/J. Parker

You've got the best team in the Premier League IMO on the other hand. Harden @3, CP3 @24, Covington @55, Saric @81 all very nice picks.

Very high risk high reward! As for my favorite team, its got to be Qwigglez (Followed up by TASTIC's).

Teague/Dragic/PatBev
Booker/Redick
Durant/Gordon
Aldridge/Olynyk
Nurcik/WCS/Gortat

I also think that the team that most resembles the kind of teams (Players) that i have put together in the past has to by KJG. When i looked at his picks, i thought, "Those are all guys that i usually target or have used in the past".
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 690

Post#5 » by Kyler Murray » Fri Oct 5, 2018 2:32 pm

b-ball forever wrote:

Thanks mate, hopefully I'll get my title back after a 1 year break. Jokes aside, let's hope for an injury free season for everyone, have fun everyone.
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#6 » by Golanator » Fri Oct 5, 2018 2:49 pm

Thoughts on my 2 teams?

Dynasty

PG Damian Lillard
SG Goran Dragic
G Jeff Teague
SF Tobias Harris
PF Harrison Barnes
F Serge Ibaka
C Nikola Jokic
UTL Buddy Hield
UTL Willie Cauley-Stein
BN Jeremy Lamb
BN E'Twaun Moore
BN Tyus Jones

G-League

PG Kemba Walker
SG C.J. McCollum
G Dennis Smith Jr
SF Nic Batum
PF Otto Porter Jr.
F Thad Young
C Joel Embiid
UTL Brook Lopez
UTL Kelly Olynyk
BN Malcolm Brogdon
BN Jeremi Grant
BN Montrezl Harrell
8on
RealGM
And1: 3,194

Post#7 » by 8on » Sat Oct 6, 2018 1:06 am

final result

PG Chris Paul
SG Tyreke Evans
G Luka Doncic
SF Khris Middleton
PF Anthony Davis
F James Johnson
C DeAndre Jordan
Util Buddy Hield
Util Andrew Wiggins
BN Bojan Bogdanovic
BN E'Twaun Moore
BN Pau Gasol

I didn't need to take huge risks. everyone on this team has a track record of doing what they already do. not sure if we can win it all, but I like what I have.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,414

Post#8 » by bwgood77 » Sat Oct 6, 2018 1:26 am

8on wrote:final result

PG Chris Paul
SG Tyreke Evans
G Luka Doncic
SF Khris Middleton
PF Anthony Davis
F James Johnson
C DeAndre Jordan
Util Buddy Hield
Util Andrew Wiggins
BN Bojan Bogdanovic
BN E'Twaun Moore
BN Pau Gasol

I didn't need to take huge risks. everyone on this team has a track record of doing what they already do. not sure if we can win it all, but I like what I have.

Was surprised you took Doncic and Jordan on consecutive picks with Ayton on the board. Although I am a fan of both Doncic and Ayton, Ayton is clearly the player I would rate higher for fantasy purposes, because you know what he will provide for sure.

Though Doncic will contribute in multiple stats, and is an underrated rebounder....should give you fairly decent #s across the board without hurting you anywhere.
8on
RealGM
And1: 3,194

Post#9 » by 8on » Sat Oct 6, 2018 1:34 am

bwgood77 wrote:
8on wrote:final result

PG Chris Paul
SG Tyreke Evans
G Luka Doncic
SF Khris Middleton
PF Anthony Davis
F James Johnson
C DeAndre Jordan
Util Buddy Hield
Util Andrew Wiggins
BN Bojan Bogdanovic
BN E'Twaun Moore
BN Pau Gasol

Was surprised you took Doncic and Jordan on consecutive picks with Ayton on the board. Although I am a fan of both Doncic and Ayton, Ayton is clearly the player I would rate higher for fantasy purposes, because you know what he will provide for sure.

Though Doncic will contribute in multiple stats, and is an underrated rebounder....should give you fairly decent #s across the board without hurting you anywhere.

I took Doncic before Ayton played preseason. That may have been a mistake, although we'll learn a little more tonight.

the upside for Doncic is his passing. that hasn't changed. I needed a little insurance just in case Paul got hurt. considering LD just won Euroleague MVP at age 19, I think he's NBA ready, and will produce right away.
batsmasher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#10 » by batsmasher » Sun Oct 7, 2018 9:12 am

Anyone interested in the H2H league?

It'll be a live draft next Sunday afternoon. I won't be able to make it due to time zone differences. I am the current commish though so I thought I'd gauge interest.

9 cat, live snake draft.
de'aaron fox will be a hof'er, don't @ me
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: The 2018 Fantasy Thread - Gauging H2H league interest. 

Post#11 » by bwgood77 » Tue Oct 9, 2018 4:55 pm

I'd do it if there is enough interest.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#12 » by MathiasPW » Tue Oct 9, 2018 6:18 pm

Which apparently there isn't
dmastro32
Rookie
And1: 502

Post#13 » by dmastro32 » Tue Oct 9, 2018 8:27 pm

If anyone wants In a h2h league I got one that’s at 9 players right now trying to get to at least 12. It’s a pay league winner takes all $10 per team right now but might go up to $15. PM if interested.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#14 » by TASTIC » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:38 pm

Anyone interested in a salary cap type season long game - this one is quite fun. I came 2nd in the entire comp last year out of like 3000 people across Oz and NZ.

Basically it follows a H2H schedule but players increase/decrease in value depending on how they perform. You can make 3 changes to your squad but only once a week and obviously before rosters are locked. So not sure how the time would work in the US, but Oz and NZ I think it's on a Monday night.

Anyway, I found it quite fun as well as helpful for my other fantasy leagues too. And you can add people to challenge them/track their scores too.

https://sportsdeck.com/au/nba/dreamteam#/lobby
Golanator
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by Golanator » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:01 pm

Need some fantasy advise for a league not on real GM. I got offered this trade...

I give: James Harden, Kyle Anderson
I receive: Kevin Durant, Bradley Beal

Initially I want to say yes, this makes my team stronger. However this is a keeper league with 3 keepers. From my team last season I kept Harden, Damian Lillard and Devin Booker.

If I were to do this trade, I would have Durant, Lillard, Booker and Beal to keep from. Would likely let go of Beal.

So this trade makes my team stronger this year but weaker long team (Harden > KD). Is it worth it?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#16 » by bwgood77 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:18 pm

Golanator wrote:Need some fantasy advise for a league not on real GM. I got offered this trade...

Initially I want to say yes, this makes my team stronger. However this is a keeper league with 3 keepers. From my team last season I kept Harden, Damian Lillard and Devin Booker.

If I were to do this trade, I would have Durant, Lillard, Booker and Beal to keep from. Would likely let go of Beal.

So this trade makes my team stronger this year but weaker long team (Harden > KD). Is it worth it?

I guess your league doesn't count turnovers? If it does, I'd take the trade. If you care about winning this year, take the trade. Harden isn't that much better...maybe just a tad, and he definitely wouldn't be as good if he wasn't playing for D'Antoni.

KD seems to be injured slightly more. KD is less than a year older.

It's a tough one. I'd probably do it though because it's always worth having a chance to win it all one year even if your team might slightly be worse in the future, but that's no guarantee either. Durant gets quite a few assists and rebounds himself and has better %s. And Beal is WAY better than Anderson.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,659

Post#17 » by Qwigglez » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:34 pm

Is it a money league? I’d do it to win this year if there was enough money on the line. Durant also gets those blocks which is a huge plus.
Kobe>Jordan>God
Analyst
And1: 872

Post#18 » by Kobe>Jordan>God » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:00 pm

Good luck everyone! Don't forget to set your lineups.
ImageImage
Golanator
Sixth Man

Post#19 » by Golanator » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:44 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Golanator wrote:Need some fantasy advise for a league not on real GM. I got offered this trade...

I guess your league doesn't count turnovers? If it does, I'd take the trade. If you care about winning this year, take the trade. Harden isn't that much better...maybe just a tad, and he definitely wouldn't be as good if he wasn't playing for D'Antoni.

KD seems to be injured slightly more. KD is less than a year older.

It's a tough one. I'd probably do it though because it's always worth having a chance to win it all one year even if your team might slightly be worse in the future, but that's no guarantee either. Durant gets quite a few assists and rebounds himself and has better %s. And Beal is WAY better than Anderson.

Turnovers are a category yes. It’s head to head 9 categories (so you can get up to 9 wins any given week).

The rest of my team if it matters...

PG Damian Lillard
SG James Harden
SF Otto Porter Jr
PF Blake Griffin
C Myles Turner
G Devin Booker
F Paul Millsap
UTL Kris Dunn
UTL Robert Covington
UTL Jarrett Allen
BN Jordan Bell
BN Kyle Anderson
BN Jeremy Lin
Golanator
Sixth Man

Post#20 » by Golanator » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:45 pm

Qwigglez wrote:Is it a money league? I’d do it to win this year if there was enough money on the line. Durant also gets those blocks which is a huge plus.

It’s just a free league for bragging rights haha.

Return to Phoenix Suns