4. Wilson
5. Rivers
6. Ryan
7. Goff
8. Cousins
9. Big Ben
10. Wentz

Mahomes doesn't yet qualify.

When does Mahomes qualify? Nice to see someone have Rivers rated more accurately. He is a great pocket passer and is very good with adequate protection. I guess you can downgrade him because he's immobile but I think he's about as good as anyone strictly in the pocket.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,722

Re: Your Top 10 QBs? 

Post#22 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:12 pm

Carr has dropped off this list this season sadly :(
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#23 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:42 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Brees
4. Wilson
5. Rivers
6. Ryan
7. Goff
8. Cousins
9. Big Ben
10. Wentz

When does Mahomes qualify?

After he plays a full season. :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#24 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:44 pm

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:Carr has dropped off this list this season sadly :(

I still have him in my top 15. But, he's definitely regressed since last year.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#25 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:51 pm

bwgood77 wrote: Nice to see someone have Rivers rated more accurately. He is a great pocket passer and is very good with adequate protection. I guess you can downgrade him because he's immobile but I think he's about as good as anyone strictly in the pocket.

His career QB Rating is 5th best. Only behind Rodgers, Wilson, Brady & Brees.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Post#26 » by bwgood77 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:21 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
2. Brady
3. Brees
4. Wilson
5. Rivers
6. Ryan
7. Goff
8. Cousins
9. Big Ben
10. Wentz

He would legit probably be 3 if he was eligible in your rankings. Wentz may have dropped out for now.

Trubisky may be under the radar right now...7th in QB rating, 4th in completion % (Carr is one of the ones ahead of him), 11 tds to 4 ints, and 11th in YPA. This year, he probably hovering around 10th. He could jump next year, though top 10 is tough.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,115

Post#27 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:54 pm

Watson has a ways to go in terms of his decision making/accuracy at times. Having said that, I'd love to see him playing behind an elite O-Line where he doesn't have to scramble for his life so often.

They did seem to play a lot better today though, not sure what's up with Jax's supposedly elite defense.

Anyways, hope to see him continue to improve and make his way to the upper echelon of QB's.

I rarely ever get to use the word echelon, so I apologize, but it had to be done.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Hooplah
Rookie
And1: 296

Post#28 » by Hooplah » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:14 am

1. Brees
2. Brady
3. Rodgers

After them it's tough to say, since defense isn't really allowed anymore.

4. Wentz
5. Wilson
6. Mahomes
7. Goff
8. Ryan
9. Cousins
10. Stafford
AirInTheLoop
Pro Prospect
And1: 261

Post#29 » by AirInTheLoop » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:26 am

bwgood77 wrote:
2. Brady
3. Brees
4. Wilson
5. Rivers
6. Ryan
7. Goff
8. Cousins
9. Big Ben
10. Wentz

When does Mahomes qualify? Nice to see someone have Rivers rated more accurately. He is a great pocket passer and is very good with adequate protection. I guess you can downgrade him because he's immobile but I think he's about as good as anyone strictly in the pocket.

This is very much what i was wondering.
I get that people don't like putting rookies or second year players on these lists, but fact is we're seeing Mahomes break NFL records and do things... maybe....MMMMAAAAYYYYBBBBEEEE 5 other QBs can do. His defensive reads, 8 games into his starting career, is 98% of Tom Brady's or Aaron Rodgers. His ability to draw defenders off their man with his eyes.... This kid is now regularly doing what we see Brady or Brees or Rodgers do and we simply say "well thats Tom, Drew...", when is it appropriate to recognize what this guy is doing?

That said, have you been watching Mahomes? I don't see how you can say he is immobile, his out of pocket, on the run passing percentage is like 75%, his sacks are in single digits, and we now see him regularly running for first downs or even TDs. What did we see Sunday? Him not having a receiver open so he fakes running for a TD to draw off Hunt's defender toward him and then tosses it to Hunt right before the line of scrimmage. Not to mention what we saw from him in the 49ers game.... There is nothing about this guys game that says "immobile".

Based on what we've seen from QBs this season, everyone here would have Mahomes at number 1 if he was simply named "brees" or "brady".
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#30 » by bwgood77 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:33 pm

AirInTheLoop wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
2. Brady
3. Brees
4. Wilson
5. Rivers
6. Ryan
7. Goff
8. Cousins
9. Big Ben
10. Wentz

This is very much what i was wondering.
I get that people don't like putting rookies or second year players on these lists, but fact is we're seeing Mahomes break NFL records and do things... maybe....MMMMAAAAYYYYBBBBEEEE 5 other QBs can do. His defensive reads, 8 games into his starting career, is 98% of Tom Brady's or Aaron Rodgers. His ability to draw defenders off their man with his eyes.... This kid is now regularly doing what we see Brady or Brees or Rodgers do and we simply say "well thats Tom, Drew...", when is it appropriate to recognize what this guy is doing?

That said, have you been watching Mahomes? I don't see how you can say he is immobile, his out of pocket, on the run passing percentage is like 75%, his sacks are in single digits, and we now see him regularly running for first downs or even TDs. What did we see Sunday? Him not having a receiver open so he fakes running for a TD to draw off Hunt's defender toward him and then tosses it to Hunt right before the line of scrimmage. Not to mention what we saw from him in the 49ers game.... There is nothing about this guys game that says "immobile".

Based on what we've seen from QBs this season, everyone here would have Mahomes at number 1 if he was simply named "brees" or "brady".

Regarding only being a pocket passer, I was talking about Rivers at that point...yeah, Mahomes is far from a pocket passer. The fact that he can throw so accurately with his right hand while running to his left is crazy....just his accuracy on the run in general is crazy, and his ability to run in general.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,722

Post#31 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:28 pm

Let's wait & see how Mahomes performs in the playoffs, especially on the road.
AirInTheLoop
Pro Prospect
And1: 261

Post#32 » by AirInTheLoop » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:07 am

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:Let's wait & see how Mahomes performs in the playoffs, especially on the road.

That's definitely the true test. But that said, i will say you get a very different sense of how things will go with Mahomes than we did Alex Smith.

Off topic, but should i need to check my homerism or is it reasonable to say the Chiefs have the best RB, TE, WR and QB... currently, this season?
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#33 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:21 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
2. Brady
3. Brees
4. Wilson
5. Rivers
6. Ryan
7. Goff
8. Cousins
9. Big Ben
10. Wentz

Man.. Idk this isn't Colin Kaepernick 2.0, this guy Mahomes is a legit stud and hes carried that team on his back. I know he has a ton of skilled players around him but id take him now over most of these guys and moving forward #1 or #2.

My list

1.Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Wilson
4. Brees
5. Mahomes
6. Wentz
7. Newton
8. Luck
9. Ryan
10. Big Ben

So hard to leave Rivers and Watson off the list. I think an argument is to be made they are better than any of the last 3-4. Also Stafford, Goff, and even Trubisky need to be mentioned.

IMO this is one of the strongest QB groups I've ever seen in my lifetime. Theres what 4 teams if that that are searching for a new QB and that includes Miami with Tannehill (who is fine when healthy), New York with Eli, Jaguars (who say they are committed to Bortles but we will see), and the Broncos with Keenum. These teams will all likely draft QBS this upcoming year and aside from Brady/Brees nobody else seems on the brink of retirement.

Ill say though, Titans need to consider changing course. Mariota is not a good QB
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#34 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:35 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Man.. Idk this isn't Colin Kaepernick 2.0, this guy Mahomes is a legit stud and hes carried that team on his back. I know he has a ton of skilled players around him but id take him now over most of these guys and moving forward #1 or #2.

My list

1.Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Wilson
4. Brees
5. Mahomes
6. Wentz
7. Newton
8. Luck
9. Ryan
10. Big Ben

So hard to leave Rivers and Watson off the list. I think an argument is to be made they are better than any of the last 3-4. Also Stafford, Goff, and even Trubisky need to be mentioned.

IMO this is one of the strongest QB groups I've ever seen in my lifetime. Theres what 4 teams if that that are searching for a new QB and that includes Miami with Tannehill (who is fine when healthy), New York with Eli, Jaguars (who say they are committed to Bortles but we will see), and the Broncos with Keenum. These teams will all likely draft QBS this upcoming year and aside from Brady/Brees nobody else seems on the brink of retirement.

Ill say though, Titans need to consider changing course. Mariota is not a good QB

I'm somewhat shocked you have Russ ranked that high. Niner fans finally coming around? :wink:

Fwiw:

Cactus Jack wrote:Tier 1 (Elite)
1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Brees

Tier 2
4. Wilson
5. Rivers
6. Ryan
7. Goff
8. Wentz
9. Cousins
10. Big Ben

Watson & Stafford could also be in the conversation.

Tbf to Mahomes, he would be 1 or 2 this season. But a 7 or 8 game sample is just not enough for me to take the plunge quite yet.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#35 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:07 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

My list

1.Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Wilson
4. Brees
5. Mahomes
6. Wentz
7. Newton
8. Luck
9. Ryan
10. Big Ben

I'm somewhat shocked you have Russ ranked that high. Niner fans finally coming around? :wink:

Fwiw:

Cactus Jack wrote:Tier 1 (Elite)
1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Brees

Tier 2
4. Wilson
5. Rivers
6. Ryan
7. Goff
8. Wentz
9. Cousins
10. Big Ben

Watson/Stafford/Luck could also be in the conversation.

Tbf to Mahomes, he would be 1 or 2 this season. But a 7 or 8 game sample is just not enough for me to take the plunge quite yet.
I've always respected his game. The way he avoids sacks is insane and always extending plays. Hes done a lot without much for offensive weapons. Looks like they finally getting Carson going which is going to lead to another great 2nd half for Wilson as always.

I hear you on mahomes but it doesnt seem fluky to me. He isnt winning games by throwing 175 yards and 3 TDs. Hes throwing 300+ yards and doing it with insane efficiency. I think Jimmy will be great long term but man this dude was a steal where he was drafted.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using RealGM mobile app
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,441

Post#36 » by blazza18 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:44 am

blazza18 wrote:Rodgers
Brady
Russ
Brees
Ryan
Big Ben
Rivers
Cam
Wentz
Luck

I think Stafford has the arm talent where he could replace a bunch of those guys and still be just as good. Left off Goff because I think a lot of his performance last season was scheme. And Watson imo has to show more. Mariota could sneak into the conversation here too.

My list looks pretty solid imo. Would probably put Brees 3rd and move Roethlisberger out for Goff or Mahomes. My gamble on Luck being good again didn't look good the first few weeks but he looks almost back to being who he was pre-injuries.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#37 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:01 pm

1) Mahomes
2) Wilson
3) Brees
4) Rodgers
5) Watson
6) Brady
7) Tannahill
8) Prescott
9) Ryan
10) Stafford
LeeMyungBak
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#38 » by LeeMyungBak » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:36 pm

1.) Brees
2.) Brady
3.) Rodgers
4.) Mahomes
5.) Ryan
6.) Rivers
7.) Ben
8.) Luck
9.) Goff
10.) Wilson
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#39 » by bwgood77 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:11 pm

It's crazy Brees is having this good of a season at his age. His QB rating is 123.8. I was looking at Rivers' game log and noticed he had a high rating in most every game, so I checked the leaders, and even at over 115, he is still in 3rd after Brees and Mahomes. Last year the highest rating was 104.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,298

Post#40 » by WaltFrazier » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:31 pm

Crazy lack of respect for Big Ben here. I put him 4th, behind Rogers, Brady, Brees
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.

Return to The General NFL Board