Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,433

Re: All Things "Brooklyn Nets" Thread 

Post#1141 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:16 pm

Mkdaman1818 wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:
Mkdaman1818 wrote:Oh jeez, how does anyone think these look good? And we debut these against the Knicks...

Read on Twitter

they're so bland. Not much creativity at all. Love the concept behind the Knicks ones though.

Why couldn't they do "The Borough" or "King's County" across the chest, with some color variant? Meh, at least I'm liking the progress I see on the court.

Side note - has anyone ever ordered from Flatbush & Atlantic? They have some dope shirts and I'd like to get 1 or 2, but if they're crummy quality then I'll pass.

https://www.flatbushandatlantic.com/shop

Yeah I would have loved a jersey based on the nypd shield logo, similar to how the Knicks did theirs based on the NY fire department. Both teams repping the police and fire departments on their city jerseys...

Flatbush and Atlantic is the real deal. This is my fav design on there, some really sweet designs on there

I really like the Reloaded and the Carismatic ones. Joey Buckets is awesome too, so is the new Dinwiddie one, Goatee. Goats and Fros is awesome too. There's a lot of tight designs haha.

I wish they offered a choice in colors though, I don't want a mess of black shirts. Even if grey, white and maybe navy blue were options it would be dope.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#1142 » by Paradise » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:37 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Mkdaman1818 wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:they're so bland. Not much creativity at all. Love the concept behind the Knicks ones though.

Why couldn't they do "The Borough" or "King's County" across the chest, with some color variant? Meh, at least I'm liking the progress I see on the court.

Side note - has anyone ever ordered from Flatbush & Atlantic? They have some dope shirts and I'd like to get 1 or 2, but if they're crummy quality then I'll pass.

https://www.flatbushandatlantic.com/shop

Yeah I would have loved a jersey based on the nypd shield logo, similar to how the Knicks did theirs based on the NY fire department. Both teams repping the police and fire departments on their city jerseys...

Flatbush and Atlantic is the real deal. This is my fav design on there, some really sweet designs on there

I really like the Reloaded and the Carismatic ones. Joey Buckets is awesome too, so is the new Dinwiddie one, Goatee. Goats and Fros is awesome too. There's a lot of tight designs haha.

I wish they offered a choice in colors though, I don't want a mess of black shirts. Even if grey, white and maybe navy blue were options it would be dope.

I believe the Pistons took our grey/blue scheme and that’s why we won’t see one this season.

They’ll do some throwbacks soon, though.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,176

Post#1143 » by Keith Van Horn » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:42 pm

I like the "Ready to Dunk" and "Carismatic" shirts. Very clever and definitely gets your attention. Just wondering if their shirts shrink up or anything like that.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#1144 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:51 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:I like the "Ready to Dunk" and "Carismatic" shirts. Very clever and definitely gets your attention. Just wondering if their shirts shrink up or anything like that.

I think that Carismatic one would look great on a forest green or darker brown t-shirt. Thoughts?
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Mkdaman1818
Sixth Man
And1: 1,101

Post#1145 » by Mkdaman1818 » Wed Feb 7, 2018 3:48 pm

Nets are 6th in the nba in valuation in the latest Forbes ranking... not bad

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,575

Post#1146 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:02 am

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-nets-owner-mikhail-prokhorov-backing-lawsuit-russian-doping-whistleblower-073119646.html

Report: Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov backing lawsuit against Russian doping whistleblower

The Russian government hasn’t stopped attacking the credibility of doping whistleblower Grigory Rodchenkov since he exposed a state-sponsored doping program that led to the International Olympic Committee banning the country from the PyeongChang Games.

It appears Russian oligarch and Brooklyn Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov is now a part of that. The billionaire is helping finance a defamation lawsuit against Rodchenkov by retired Russian biathletes that had their silver medals from the Sochi Games stripped by the IOC, according to a report from the New York Times.

The three biathletes — Olga Zaytseva, Yana Romanova and Olga Vilukhina — are each reportedly seeking $10 million in damages. All three were banned from future Olympic games by the IOC after having their medals stripped.

As The Times reports it, the lawsuit is a long-shot.

Or, maybe the Russians can stop cheating. :crazy: these dudes got caught doping for **** ing CURLING matches. Why do you need to use PEDs for curling???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

but the reason why I'm not feeling Prokhorov on this is not because the Russian athletes have been caught cheating, its the fact that the whistleblower's life is in danger. Not cool. It will be bad press if the Nets owner is backing activity against a whistleblower who might end up having an "accident" where he somehow gets thrown from an 8 story window or "commits suicide" by beating himself to death with a baseball bat
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#1147 » by shakendfries » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:35 pm

Mkdaman1818 wrote:Nets are 6th in the nba in valuation in the latest Forbes ranking... not bad

Read on Twitter

Re-seeding the playoffs could pave the way for billionaire sports mogul LeBron James to play in LA

as for those saying Bron could end up playing for Dolan?

i wish i could find the gif with Lebron flipping the Knicks into the trash
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1148 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:02 pm

how is it that we're valued at that much but we always hear stuff about the team losing money?

twosevenstreet
Senior
And1: 168

Post#1149 » by twosevenstreet » Fri Mar 2, 2018 4:36 pm

So it turns out we have gotten screwed by the refs this season!!!

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/which-nba-team-is-wronged-by-the-refs-the-most/
Spread Em and Dead em.
-Sad DLO is gone
-Allen will become LobCity DJ
-Kyrie will be top 3 for MVP if we get to 50+ wins, he will average 27ppg, 7apg, shooting 50-40-90
LamarMatic7
Hornets Forum High-End Journalist
And1: 2,351

Post#1150 » by LamarMatic7 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:25 pm

Thought I could post this:

https://lamarmatic.com/2018/09/05/the-handle-podcast-coach-hal-wissel-09-05-18/

Podcast with mid-90s Nets Director of Player Personnel and scout/assistant coach Hal Wissel.

It spends a fair chunk on the Kittles > Kobe decision (I believe that the story he tells of working out Kobe is a fairly unheard one), some of those several-player deals that the Nets made, Derrick Coleman's market value, Yinka Dare, etc.

Two snippets of the interview:

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1151 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:56 pm

LamarMatic7 wrote:Thought I could post this:

https://lamarmatic.com/2018/09/05/the-handle-podcast-coach-hal-wissel-09-05-18/

Podcast with mid-90s Nets Director of Player Personnel and scout/assistant coach Hal Wissel.

It spends a fair chunk on the Kittles > Kobe decision (I believe that the story he tells of working out Kobe is a fairly unheard one), some of those several-player deals that the Nets made, Derrick Coleman's market value, Yinka Dare, etc.

Two snippets of the interview:

Thanks, I'm interested to hear the stuff about Kobe in particular. I've always been under the impression that his agent had scared the team off from drafting him.

Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,463

Post#1152 » by Stone » Wed Oct 3, 2018 4:28 pm

The Net's just released extra tickets for "Practice in the Park" for this Saturday. I just picked up two...... :D

I went last year and it was a lot of fun......and free!!!
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
isekii
Sixth Man
And1: 207

Post#1153 » by isekii » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:46 pm

I won 2 tix via Brooklyn Brigade :)
Bynum = Future Olowokandi
Prepare to be disappointed Laker Fans.
trojeski
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#1154 » by trojeski » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:13 am

Hey everyone,

Ive got 2 okc vs bnets tickets for dec 5th in broilyn nyc. Section 12 row 9 seats 3-4 . I can no longer go . If your interested please let me know
Freakyman
Ballboy
And1: 21

Post#1155 » by Freakyman » Sun Nov 4, 2018 11:29 pm

Mirza Teletovic mix.

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,137

Post#1156 » by twix2500 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Are the Nets expected to resign D'Angelo Russell?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1157 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:08 am

No clue.

vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#1158 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:57 am

I still feel like there's a very good chance he's dealt by the deadline.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,463

Post#1159 » by Stone » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:12 am

I just picked up two of the 5 game "City Edition Plan"

Now I have to pick out a name and number......First thought was Levert 22.....I was also thinking Petrovic 3

Also Big Ups......72..........or Biggie 72......Any other suggestions.??? :giveup:
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#1160 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:46 pm

Just curious if any of you guys have kept up with Hamidou Diallo? We were discussing on our board that if redrafted he would probably be taken late lottery, give or take a little. He’s just now getting back to where he was after the nasty fall in the golden state game. Not trying to rub anything in and he’s far from a proven player. I was curious what Nets fans thought when they drafted/traded him. His game definitely has some flaws and he’s extremely raw but his athleticism is off the charts.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?

Return to Brooklyn Nets