Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

ItsThatEasy
Analyst
And1: 5,031

Re: Cameron Reddish 

Post#61 » by ItsThatEasy » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:19 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
ItsThatEasy wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:My fears for Cam Reddish look true for the 1st half of this preseason game. With Tre, RJ and Zion on the court with him, he is just so willing to be the catch and shoot guy.

Yup, and sadly he's looked like an absolute stud when he's made decisive moves with the ball in his hands tonight. Like top tier draft pick type of flashes. He just looks like he's gliding past guys out there, he could score each time down the floor if he wanted to :banghead: .

Thought he looked better in the 2nd half. He is a force when he has the ball in his hands and wants to attack. Ended up with 7-9 assists (depends on the box score you read), Duke played him at point a little in the 2nd and he looked really good.

He just looks so much more natural than RJ. Zion is his own beast but between RJ and Cam, Cam is just silky smooth.

I see some Rudy Gay there especially with his demeanor, but he's already a far better playmaker than Rudy ever was.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,483

Post#62 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:28 pm

ItsThatEasy wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
ItsThatEasy wrote:
Yup, and sadly he's looked like an absolute stud when he's made decisive moves with the ball in his hands tonight. Like top tier draft pick type of flashes. He just looks like he's gliding past guys out there, he could score each time down the floor if he wanted to :banghead: .

Thought he looked better in the 2nd half. He is a force when he has the ball in his hands and wants to attack. Ended up with 7-9 assists (depends on the box score you read), Duke played him at point a little in the 2nd and he looked really good.

He just looks so much more natural than RJ. Zion is his own beast but between RJ and Cam, Cam is just silky smooth.

I see some Rudy Gay there especially with his demeanor, but he's already a far better playmaker than Rudy ever was.

Ya smooth is just the best way to describe his game. And ya he's not the most explosive guy (especially when comparing to his teammates) but he moves very well for a guy his size. He's very agile and really can get up and down the court really quick. I think he's a really good athlete that just isn't the most explosive leaper.

2nd half Cam is the prospect that I really really like. I have always said that a Cam with a motor would be my easy #1 pick. I maybe backing off on that though and nothing on Cam's part. Zion is just showing me so much.
skiz2
Bench Warmer
And1: 184

Post#63 » by skiz2 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:30 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
ItsThatEasy wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Ya smooth is just the best way to describe his game. And ya he's not the most explosive guy (especially when comparing to his teammates) but he moves very well for a guy his size. He's very agile and really can get up and down the court really quick. I think he's a really good athlete that just isn't the most explosive leaper.

2nd half Cam is the prospect that I really really like. I have always said that a Cam with a motor would be my easy #1 pick. I maybe backing off on that though and nothing on Cam's part. Zion is just showing me so much.

Playing him at PG for long stretches could be interesting. Jones is obviously no slouch and should get the majority of minutes there. However, putting the ball in Reddish’s hands could do wonders by putting him in more situations where he needs to be the alpha on the court. I remember when Ingram was struggling a little bit at Duke, Coach K put him at PG for stretches and it made a huge difference for BI and the team.

Plus a lineup with Reddish, AOC, RJ, Zion and Delaurier would be a headache to guard.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#64 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:43 pm

skiz2 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
ItsThatEasy wrote:

Playing him at PG for long stretches could be interesting. Jones is obviously no slouch and should get the majority of minutes there. However, putting the ball in Reddish’s hands could do wonders by putting him in more situations where he needs to be the alpha on the court. I remember when Ingram was struggling a little bit at Duke, Coach K put him at PG for stretches and it made a huge difference for BI and the team.

Plus a lineup with Reddish, AOC, RJ, Zion and Delaurier would be a headache to guard.

Before yesterday I didnt think there was any chance that K would put Cam at PG, I thought Goldwire would soak up all those minutes or RJ would. But ya K actually did it and I am very pumped over that move yesterday and I hope he continues to do it. Cause I was not too happy with Cam after the 1st half, I thought he was just kind of just out there and if he caught the ball 25 feet out, he would either just pass it or just chuck up a shot. But in the 2nd half even with Tre out there, he got the ball earlier in the possession a lot more and even played point when Tre went out and I thought it was a completely different Cam. I thought all his decisions came a lot quicker, and just played an overall better game.

But to me that is still a massive negative on Cam. The fact that he can really disappear so easily and you kind of have to go out of your way to get him going isnt great. Zion and RJ are just there and ready at all times.
ItsThatEasy
Analyst
And1: 5,031

Post#65 » by ItsThatEasy » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:42 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
skiz2 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Before yesterday I didnt think there was any chance that K would put Cam at PG, I thought Goldwire would soak up all those minutes or RJ would. But ya K actually did it and I am very pumped over that move yesterday and I hope he continues to do it. Cause I was not too happy with Cam after the 1st half, I thought he was just kind of just out there and if he caught the ball 25 feet out, he would either just pass it or just chuck up a shot. But in the 2nd half even with Tre out there, he got the ball earlier in the possession a lot more and even played point when Tre went out and I thought it was a completely different Cam. I thought all his decisions came a lot quicker, and just played an overall better game.

But to me that is still a massive negative on Cam. The fact that he can really disappear so easily and you kind of have to go out of your way to get him going isnt great. Zion and RJ are just there and ready at all times.

Great points.

What do you think about Cam in a Scottie Pippen type of role?
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#66 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:15 pm

ItsThatEasy wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
skiz2 wrote:

Great points.

What do you think about Cam in a Scottie Pippen type of role?

Ill admit Ive read about Scottie's role and seen a handful of replayed games. But being only 27, I wont lie I cant say I have the firmest grasp on what Pippen's role was game to game.

Right now its really hard for me to think of the role Cam would excel at in the NBA. I think his NBA potential varies maybe more than any other top 5 prospect I can recall. His intensity varies so much that I could see him being like a Joe Alexander and be out of the league in a few years or I can see him being a star. Then with his play style I can see him being a go to scorer with his ability to make tough shots and score at all 3 levels, or I can see him being a good #2 option as being more of a point forward who looks to score 2nd. So its really hard to predict him in my opinion.
Justwar
Rookie
And1: 222

Post#67 » by Justwar » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:17 am

I've been saying for his best career he needs the ball over tre but tre doesn't seem good without the ball either.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#68 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:33 am

Justwar wrote:I've been saying for his best career he needs the ball over tre but tre doesn't seem good without the ball either.

I would be cool with a 70/30 split of Tre/Cam for main ball handler. And ya I really love what Tre can bring to the team as the ball handler. I think he is perfect to go with a stacked team. But ya boy oh boy is that catch and shoot jumper something to look at (not in a good way).
Justwar
Rookie
And1: 222

Post#69 » by Justwar » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:54 am

I just watch them and think it's gonna be a poor fit to be a final 4 team. And after those 4, they are just very below average
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#70 » by No-Man » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:24 am

Justwar wrote:I just watch them and think it's gonna be a poor fit to be a final 4 team. And after those 4, they are just very below average

agreed, they aren't getting there, which honestly makes sense, talent is one thing but we are talking about freshmen and Duke lacks shooting and good big man play
skiz2
Bench Warmer
And1: 184

Post#71 » by skiz2 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:13 pm

Fischella wrote:
Justwar wrote:I just watch them and think it's gonna be a poor fit to be a final 4 team. And after those 4, they are just very below average

agreed, they aren't getting there, which honestly makes sense, talent is one thing but we are talking about freshmen and Duke lacks shooting and good big man play

Agreed. Huge drop-off in talent outside of the freshmen. In addition, I was unimpressed with their defense, once again. I foresee Coach K having to go zone.
bulliedog8
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Post#72 » by bulliedog8 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:09 pm

I NEED them to make it because of the star power alone. It's in Minneapolis so I am for sure going. Want to see them play. But a good amount of the time, young teams dont win. Usually it is veteran talented teams or a team with 5 star freshmen but surrounded by veteran players.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#73 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:36 pm

K only usually plays 7 anyways. So depth is not really a concern for me there. After those 4 you have Javin, O'Connell, White and Bolden. That's 8 right there and considering the roles they're going to be asked to play, Javin come in and rebound and defend (we know he can do that), O'Connell come in and shoot, Jack come in and shoot and rebound, Bolden just be big. Bolden is really the only one I question there. Duke has 4 guys at the positions K is best at utilizing and those 4 guys are going to be the ones creating everything for the season. I think health and Cam's and RJ's 3pt shooting will be the biggest question marks for this team. Defense is going to suck, so they just are going to need to be elite scoring.
akhan786
Starter
And1: 2,017

Post#74 » by akhan786 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:23 pm

Since they will have spotty shooting which = poor floor spacing, this team is going to run run run kind of like this year's Lakers.

I also highly doubt they go far in a single elimination tournament because there's always some nobodies that go 15/30 from 3 and these pups won't be able to match that. But they will be sure as heck fun to watch. Hopefully they can inject some wing star power into the East next year.

I also have high hopes for Little and Sekou. Carolina hasn't had a legit star in a while and can you imagine how exciting it would be if Nas popped in Charlotte with Monk and Bridges. And Sekou's marketing potential is through the roof because he is the kind of star French basketball has been waiting for and would be the NBA representative in glitzy commercials with Mbappe and Pogba.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#75 » by GimmeDat » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:51 am

Duke4life831 wrote:

K only usually plays 7 anyways. So depth is not really a concern for me there. After those 4 you have Javin, O'Connell, White and Bolden. That's 8 right there and considering the roles they're going to be asked to play, Javin come in and rebound and defend (we know he can do that), O'Connell come in and shoot, Jack come in and shoot and rebound, Bolden just be big. Bolden is really the only one I question there. Duke has 4 guys at the positions K is best at utilizing and those 4 guys are going to be the ones creating everything for the season. I think health and Cam's and RJ's 3pt shooting will be the biggest question marks for this team. Defense is going to suck, so they just are going to need to be elite scoring.

I'm interested to ask - is Jack White any good? Does he have any NBA potential? I don't watch Duke religiously enough to see his sparse appearances. He's an Aussie I haven't really kept tabs on.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#76 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:05 am

GimmeDat wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

I'm interested to ask - is Jack White any good? Does he have any NBA potential? I don't watch Duke religiously enough to see his sparse appearances. He's an Aussie I haven't really kept tabs on.

No not an NBA player. But he is going to be a solid college rotation player. 6'7 strong and plays real smart and is a good shooter. You don't want him to be anymore than just a rotation guy that is asked to do very little.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#77 » by GimmeDat » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:37 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

No not an NBA player. But he is going to be a solid college rotation player. 6'7 strong and plays real smart and is a good shooter. You don't want him to be anymore than just a rotation guy that is asked to do very little.

Yeah right. Sounds like someone that'll come back and play NBL (Aus. league) and have a solid career. I'm guessing the same will go for Epperson at Creighton.

I'm going to have to keep my eye out for more Aus talent. McDowell-White, Green and Wigness is all I've really got right now, NBA wise.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,530

Post#78 » by Rainwater » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:14 am

Reddish is going to be a stud. I see a mix of T-Mac, Paul George and Rudy guy. The guy is smooth.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Post#79 » by King Ken » Sat Nov 3, 2018 7:00 am

Smooth as butter. He has that easy all star talent but he is kinda raw and his mentality issue especially if he wants to be a #1 option. But he the most natural NBA fit of the Duke Special 4.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#80 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed Nov 7, 2018 5:44 am

Put some respeck on this mans Name. Smoothest game in College Ball in a Minute. He was engaged from the first game. Thats a good sign.

Return to NBA Draft