Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Re: Cameron Reddish 

Post#81 » by Marcus » Fri Nov 9, 2018 2:52 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:Put some respeck on this mans Name. Smoothest game in College Ball in a Minute. He was engaged from the first game. Thats a good sign.

if he keeps that same energy throughout the year and into the league he's going to be a problem.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#82 » by getrichordie » Fri Nov 9, 2018 10:34 am

Give me Reddish #1. Safest pick in the draft and fits perfectly into today’s NBA. Smooth handle, smooth offense. Really solid defense too.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,064

Post#83 » by Hoopz Afrik » Fri Nov 9, 2018 4:07 pm

I loved his energy and activity especially on the defensive end. He also showed a willingness to drive into the heart of the defense and create chances at the rim and to get to the line which is a huge plus for him (although he needs to be a little stronger with the ball to avoid some of those turnovers but I don't anticipate that being an issue).....If his deep ball remains consistent then he might be the guy with the highest upside in this draft class.
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#84 » by HeadtopChunes » Fri Nov 9, 2018 4:17 pm

How comparable is Reddish to Brandon Ingram?
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#85 » by Marcus » Fri Nov 9, 2018 5:08 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:How comparable is Reddish to Brandon Ingram?

I personally think he's better. More fluid, stronger, handle is more advanced, and i like Cam's pace a bit more. But they can both easily disappear at times and leave you wondering where the takeover is.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,480

Post#86 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Nov 9, 2018 5:18 pm

Marcus wrote:

I personally think he's better. More fluid, stronger, handle is more advanced, and i like Cam's pace a bit more. But they can both easily disappear at times and leave you wondering where the takeover is.

Better defender (when he wants) at this age, better form on his jumper as well. Ingram has that slingshot type shot which leads to him being inconsistent with his shot. But Cam has a much better form on his. He can get a little lazy with it and you will see his form come and go. But when tuned in like against UK, you can see why that jumper is a deadly weapon for him.

There was talk on the Zion thread saying RJ was the more complete offensive player between him and Zion. To me Cam is easily the most complete offensive player out of the top 4 guy.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#87 » by Marcus » Fri Nov 9, 2018 5:29 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Better defender (when he wants) at this age, better form on his jumper as well. Ingram has that slingshot type shot which leads to him being inconsistent with his shot. But Cam has a much better form on his. He can get a little lazy with it and you will see his form come and go. But when tuned in like against UK, you can see why that jumper is a deadly weapon for him.

There was talk on the Zion thread saying RJ was the more complete offensive player between him and Zion. To me Cam is easily the most complete offensive player out of the top 4 guy.

ALLLLL Facts.

It literally only comes down to his motor.
Watch More Basketball

Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#88 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Nov 9, 2018 5:33 pm

LeBron_da_Don wrote:I loved his energy and activity especially on the defensive end. He also showed a willingness to drive into the heart of the defense and create chances at the rim and to get to the line which is a huge plus for him (although he needs to be a little stronger with the ball to avoid some of those turnovers but I don't anticipate that being an issue).....If his deep ball remains consistent then he might be the guy with the highest upside in this draft class.

I think it can be a legit concern though. He's not a physically strong guy and he isnt a quick twitch guy either. So I think him in traffic is going to be a concern until he learns to find a way to deal with it. He either needs to hope for a late athletic growth spurt, or he gets a lot more crafty. That is definitely the weak spot in his game.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#89 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Nov 9, 2018 5:40 pm

Marcus wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

ALLLLL Facts.

Yup. Man I really hope he keeps up the motor he had in the first game. He was by far the best defensive player out of the freshmen and he was able to put up his 22 points without ever having to dominate the ball. Yet when he has the ball he is a threat to score or to facilitate. He was 4th in the pecking order for ball handling and touches but he still was able to get those 22 points and 3 assists.

Its really hard to project what kind of player he can become on the next level (assuming his motor is good). He has every tool to be a deadly scorer, but he also has a great facilitating game. So Im curious on if he will be more of a scorer or overall playmaker. But adding his motor issues, the dude is just so freaking hard to project on the next level.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#90 » by Marcus » Fri Nov 9, 2018 6:00 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

ALLLLL Facts.

Yup. Man I really hope he keeps up the motor he had in the first game. He was by far the best defensive player out of the freshmen and he was able to put up his 22 points without ever having to dominate the ball. Yet when he has the ball he is a threat to score or to facilitate. He was 4th in the pecking order for ball handling and touches but he still was able to get those 22 points and 3 assists.

Its really hard to project what kind of player he can become on the next level (assuming his motor is good). He has every tool to be a deadly scorer, but he also has a great facilitating game. So Im curious on if he will be more of a scorer or overall playmaker. But adding his motor issues, the dude is just so freaking hard to project on the next level.

speaking of motor and going off topic real quick

what did you think of Bolden?
Watch More Basketball

Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#91 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Nov 9, 2018 6:07 pm

Marcus wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
ALLLLL Facts.

speaking of motor and going off topic real quick

what did you think of Bolden?

Up and down for that game, but ya he definitely showed some sparks that he hasnt shown before. So if he can keep up the hustle he showed for like 15 minutes against UK, I will be happy. But I think it kind of shows just how far he has fallen. A lot of Duke fans loved what Bolden did against UK. These are his stats from the game

7/4/1 with 1 block in 25 minutes. He also had 4 fouls and plenty of times UK scored attacking the paint and scoring over him. This a freaking top 10 recruit that is now a junior. And that game above has gotten Duke fans excited haha.

But ya if he keeps up that play all season it should be enough from him. I think Javin is the far better option at the 5, when he doesnt over think things. He is the far better and versatile defender, better rebounder and fits better with the high paced style Duke wants to play. But the poor dude just gets in his own head so easily and you can see him over thinking everything. When he plays within himself, he is the far better option. But like Cam's motor, who knows game to game if that is going to happen or not.
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,064

Post#92 » by Hoopz Afrik » Fri Nov 9, 2018 6:32 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
LeBron_da_Don wrote:I loved his energy and activity especially on the defensive end. He also showed a willingness to drive into the heart of the defense and create chances at the rim and to get to the line which is a huge plus for him (although he needs to be a little stronger with the ball to avoid some of those turnovers but I don't anticipate that being an issue).....If his deep ball remains consistent then he might be the guy with the highest upside in this draft class.

I think it can be a legit concern though. He's not a physically strong guy and he isnt a quick twitch guy either. So I think him in traffic is going to be a concern until he learns to find a way to deal with it. He either needs to hope for a late athletic growth spurt, or he gets a lot more crafty. That is definitely the weak spot in his game.

That's fair. I can see that for sure. I think he's comparable of an athlete to RJ where RJ has more boom and Cam has more fluidity/wiggle. I'm kind of banking on him developing athletically as he gets stronger a la Tatum and Myles Turner (two guys that immediately come to mind for me). Definitely not a strong spot for him now but it may be a very different story as we get closer to February/March.
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#93 » by Marcus » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:33 pm

Somebody tell Cam he's not supposed to be looking like the top pick out there.
Watch More Basketball

Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#94 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:44 pm

Marcus wrote:Somebody tell Cam he's not supposed to be looking like the top pick out there.

Someone told him haha. Fell in love with his jumper and got way too complacent out there.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,228

Post#95 » by azcatz11 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:59 pm

How’s cam looking? I’m watching football
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#96 » by Marcus » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:02 pm

azcatz11 wrote:How’s cam looking? I’m watching football

Jumper looked good early, forced late though. Energy has been good on defense.
Watch More Basketball

Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#97 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:14 pm

Cam gets a little too jump shot happy. But can't lie, he's been by far Duke's best defender and 7 boards compared to RJ's 1 is telling for the game. Cam has been locked in. Just can't keep falling in love with the J after a few makes.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#98 » by Marcus » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:20 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Cam gets a little too jump shot happy. But can't lie, he's been by far Duke's best defender and 7 boards compared to RJ's 1 is telling for the game. Cam has been locked in. Just can't keep falling in love with the J after a few makes.

Wholeheartedly agree with that. But how can you not fall in love with a jumper that pretty? Lol
Watch More Basketball

Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#99 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:21 pm

Marcus wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Cam gets a little too jump shot happy. But can't lie, he's been by far Duke's best defender and 7 boards compared to RJ's 1 is telling for the game. Cam has been locked in. Just can't keep falling in love with the J after a few makes.

Wholeheartedly agree with that. But how can you not fall in love with a jumper that pretty? Lol

Can work on his lower body consistency. But man the form is just so god damn good to look at. So smooth and effortless. It is very KD like with just how effortless it is.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#100 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:37 pm

Hard for me to keep harping on Cam's jumper when it looks as good as it does and when he's shooting over 50% from 3 on 11 attempts haha.

Return to NBA Draft