ImageImageImage

It's late June, Cavs won the lottery...

Moderator: ijspeelman

With the #1 pick the CLE CAVS select ( not what would you do)

Barrett
29%
Williamson
57%
we have a trade
No votes
other
14%

Total votes: 7

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

It's late June, Cavs won the lottery... 

Post#1 » by Stillwater » Fri Nov 9, 2018 10:24 pm

what do you expect this org to do with the #1 pick? Not what you would do...
( Please remember this is not a poll asking what they should do )
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Re: It's late June, Cavs won the lottery... 

Post#2 » by gflem » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:24 pm

Williamson will likely be viewed as the "next Lebron", I just dont think that Dan could resist. And, he is likely worthy of being number one so its not like it would be a reach if they did take him. I kind of wish we could just fast forward through the season at this point.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#3 » by Stillwater » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:42 pm

gflem wrote:Williamson will likely be viewed as the "next Lebron", I just dont think that Dan could resist. And, he is likely worthy of being number one so its not like it would be a reach if they did take him. I kind of wish we could just fast forward through the season at this point.
That could prove to be very true as far as opinion on his potential given his ability and size athletically, but I don't think anyone really thinks he is the next Lebron James not even Gilbert. I would not be surprised if this org went with neither of those 2 players ( which could prove to be a terrible mistake) esp if they don't fit the mold of what they are building. If Love remains part of this orgs plans as opposed to being moved next summer it's unlikely they take Zion imo.
I think Barrett has a better chance of being the Cavs guy than Zion right now, but I am leaning towards Grimes or Little via trade down similar to how ATL passed up on Luka to get Young Later acquiring another lottery pick by doing so as being something they might try.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#4 » by Dupp » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:33 am

I just hope we don’t blow this pick. My confidence in management is very slim
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#5 » by Stillwater » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:10 pm

Dupp wrote:I just hope we don’t blow this pick. My confidence in management is very slim

My confidence in any of these players being as good as they are projected is very slim...
I don't think they can go wrong with a option of 1 of Zion , Barrett,Little or Grimes but I expect only 2 of those 4 to actually be great pros. Beyond that I'm not confident anyone else taken will be worthy of a high pick.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers