Game 12: Cleveland Cavaliers (1-10) @ Chicago Bulls (3-9) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:28 pm

Read on Twitter
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Game 12: Cleveland Cavaliers (1-10) @ Chicago Bulls (3-9) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by Stillwater » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:20 pm

Don't see how we lose this one, but tbh would rather we lost with the odds pretty strong the Bulls are right there with the Cavs in the rankings down the stretch
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#3 » by Stillwater » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:13 am

this game is ugly
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,142

Post#4 » by jbk1234 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:51 am

Clarkson is such a mercurial player. That said, I don't now why Nwaba instead of Clarkson is bringing the ball up.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by jbk1234 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:09 am

If Jabari Parker cared at all about defense, he'd be a good player.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by jbk1234 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:26 am

Sexton's going to learn that the line between hero and goat is really thin in this league.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#7 » by Dupp » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:32 am

I haven’t really been watching much but looks like tt is playing decent, or at least putting up ok numbers. Not sure why nance isn’t our priority over him though.

Sexton also doing better with more minutes. Hopefully we trade hill and just throw sexton in the deep end. This isn’t one of these cases where he has good guys around him to teach him. Guys on the team are trashing him. He just needs on court time
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by jbk1234 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:16 am

Dupp wrote:I haven’t really been watching much but looks like tt is playing decent, or at least putting up ok numbers. Not sure why nance isn’t our priority over him though.

Sexton also doing better with more minutes. Hopefully we trade hill and just throw sexton in the deep end. This isn’t one of these cases where he has good guys around him to teach him. Guys on the team are trashing him. He just needs on court time

I absolutely hate gifting rookies with bad habits starting roles. I feel like Kyrie could've been a much more well-rounded player with a different coach.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#9 » by Stillwater » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:38 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Dupp wrote:I haven’t really been watching much but looks like tt is playing decent, or at least putting up ok numbers. Not sure why nance isn’t our priority over him though.

I absolutely hate gifting rookies with bad habits starting roles. I feel like Kyrie could've been a much more well-rounded player with a different coach.

Right but at this point they are not gifting him it... he was thrown into it after Hill got hurt and has done pretty well with the starters compared to with JC another ball dominant player.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by jbk1234 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:51 am

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Right but at this point they are not gifting him it... he was thrown into it after Hill got hurt and has done pretty well with the starters compared to with JC another ball dominant player.

You're advocating for trading Hill and *throwing Sexton in the deep end.* That's gifting Sexton a starting position. I'd rather have the option of bringing him off the bench. When the game slows down for him, when he learns to play within his game, and when he's better at playing within the team construct, then you go ahead and trade Hill. But trading Hill just to trade him is dumb.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#11 » by Stillwater » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:12 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

You're advocating for trading Hill and *throwing Sexton in the deep end.* That's gifting Sexton a starting position. I'd rather have the option of bringing him off the bench. When the game slows down for him, when he learns to play within his game, and when he's better at playing within the team construct, then you go ahead and trade Hill. But trading Hill just to trade him is dumb.

I'm not advocating to keep Hill so that Sexton has to play on the second unit that is for sure, but I'm also not advocating to trade him before the deadline where I'm sure he will be moved regardless of what point Sexton is in his development.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#12 » by Dupp » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:12 am

jbk1234 wrote:

Sexton is playing much better with this opportunity than before though. Starting spot is good for him
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by jbk1234 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:16 pm

Dupp wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Sexton is playing much better with this opportunity than before though. Starting spot is good for him

He's playing much better when he's not in the same back court as Clarkson.
cbosh4mvp wrote:

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers