Image ImageImage Image

Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:46 am

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1660763

^^^^Old thread...continue here.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,430

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#2 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:39 am

If Philly came calling for Portis and Holiday for Fultz do you make the trade?
Axolotl
Starter
And1: 2,201

Post#3 » by Axolotl » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:05 pm

GhostOfChicago wrote:If Philly came calling for Portis and Holiday for Fultz do you make the trade?

TL;DR: I'll call you back.

Fultz has been working on his shot for a full year now, and it still doesn't seem to be fixed. Whatever happened to him is shrouded in mystery, as the information during last season was non-existent or conflicting, and the same song goes on for this season. Is he injured or not should be a clear cut "yes or no", but not in Fultz's case. The last answer I have heard from Fultz on this question is "I'm not going to talk about that".

Or, maybe he was not a good shooter to begin with? In college he shot free throws at 65% clip, which is where he is at now. That is not a sign of a good shooter. Maybe his college 41% 3pt shooting was just a fluke, and his current 30% is his true form?

Also in question is whether we want to add another questionable point guard in Fultz while having Kris Dunn, of whom nobody still can tell what his final form is, and how close to that he may be right now - and the same goes for Fultz.

Taking on Fultz would be like drafting Michael Porter Jr. - based on the hope that he can become something, maybe even a star. But Portis in the Bulls is questionable too, since he will command a payday of some sort after this season.

Considering the possible outcomes on making this trade, I could come out looking like a genius, or I could end up defending myself with "It was worth a shot, please don't hate me".

A cautious maybe for now, as I can't seem to be able to make up my mind. I'll call you back, Philly.
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Post#4 » by sco » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:09 pm

Axolotl wrote:
GhostOfChicago wrote:If Philly came calling for Portis and Holiday for Fultz do you make the trade?

TL;DR: I'll call you back.

Fultz has been working on his shot for a full year now, and it still doesn't seem to be fixed. Whatever happened to him is shrouded in mystery, as the information during last season was non-existent or conflicting, and the same song goes on for this season. Is he injured or not should be a clear cut "yes or no", but not in Fultz's case. The last answer I have heard from Fultz on this question is "I'm not going to talk about that".

Or, maybe he was not a good shooter to begin with? In college he shot free throws at 65% clip, which is where he is at now. That is not a sign of a good shooter. Maybe his college 41% 3pt shooting was just a fluke, and his current 30% is his true form?

Also in question is whether we want to add another questionable point guard in Fultz while having Kris Dunn, of whom nobody still can tell what his final form is, and how close to that he may be right now - and the same goes for Fultz.

Taking on Fultz would be like drafting Michael Porter Jr. - based on the hope that he can become something, maybe even a star. But Portis in the Bulls is questionable too, since he will command a payday of some sort after this season.

Considering the possible outcomes on making this trade, I could come out looking like a genius, or I could end up defending myself with "It was worth a shot, please don't hate me".

A cautious maybe for now, as I can't seem to be able to make up my mind. I'll call you back, Philly.

I'd do that trade. Fultz may be a bust, but I see it like the Parker experiment. Maybe it's a 20% chance it's a home run, and the risk is low if it's a bust. I like Portis, but I want a trade to save me from another FO overpay deal that comes with future opportunity cost.
:clap:
sco
RealGM

Post#5 » by sco » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:10 pm

I wonder if we could cut a deal with Houston for Holiday and Portis for Tucker and their 1st.

Would also see if Minny would do Holiday/RoLo for Dieng and their 1st.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Post#6 » by Hangtime84 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:12 pm

Axolotl wrote:Taking on Fultz would be like drafting Michael Porter Jr. - based on the hope that he can become something, maybe even a star. But Portis in the Bulls is questionable too, since he will command a payday of some sort after this season.

Speaking of MPJ you think Denver would like to pay Paul Milsap more money or take on Bobby for MPJ.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 643

Post#7 » by Rose2Boozer » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:42 pm

I'd have to say yes. Of course, Fultz would have to pass a physical with special emphasis being put on his shoulder.
ROLES & HOLES
Electric Slim
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,068

Post#8 » by Electric Slim » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:20 am

Lauri and Zach and Dunn for Saric and Covington and Bayless
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,203

Post#9 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:51 am

I'm hoping with Lebron gone in the east, more teams are willing to trade their 1st rounders with the hopes of getting to the finals.

The Bulls have Portis, Holiday, Lopez, that could help contenders. Would love to swing these guys for a first round pick or two.

Specifically looking at Boston, who has four 1st rounders next year, and doesn't have great depth in their front court. Portis for a pick of theirs seems like a good discussion.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
sco
RealGM

Post#10 » by sco » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:20 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:I'm hoping with Lebron gone in the east, more teams are willing to trade their 1st rounders with the hopes of getting to the finals.

The Bulls have Portis, Holiday, Lopez, that could help contenders. Would love to swing these guys for a first round pick or two.

Specifically looking at Boston, who has four 1st rounders next year, and doesn't have great depth in their front court. Portis for a pick of theirs seems like a good discussion.

Agree...I'd also consider some of their bench guys like Ojeleye, Theis, Bird or Dozier.
petebraun0
Senior
And1: 210

Post#11 » by petebraun0 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:53 pm

I'd try a Dunn for Fultz trade; pg for pg. Philly gets a guy who is playing better than Fultz. we take the risk of developing a future great player.
petebraun0
Senior

Post#12 » by petebraun0 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:09 pm

I don't like the idea of trading Portis. He's our future sixth man of the year. I'd like to keep him around.

Our depth chart seems to be:
dunn
arci
Shaq
Payne

lavine,
Holiday
Blakeney

Denzel
Hutch

markannan
Portis
Parker

Carter
Lopez
Felicio

I say we have too many pgs, and not enough small forwards. We are weak at backup center. We are a tad weak at small forward, and lack a star player there.
we are weak at backup pg.

Let's trade Payne for a 2nd round pick, to use on a center. Use our 1st on a sf.
Trade Holiday for a 2nd and trade Lopez for a 2nd. use each pick on a wing and a center or pg.

I like our team, and want to keep it and make incremental improvements. Get a better center than Lopez, and try to get a better
backup pg than Arci and Shaq.

all right. let us hope that Lavine does not have an extended injury this year. he is too important right now.
petebraun0
Senior

Post#13 » by petebraun0 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:12 pm

let's trade Holiday to Minnie and get Bates Diop. They get the better player and a veteran; we get youth, and great size for the sf position.

Or. Cleveland could use Holiday in exchange for Nwaba. Nwaba is stronger and better on defense. Holiday is better on offense. We can use Nwaba as a better sf option because of his greater wings span and strength. And Fred can continue to work on his shot.
sco
RealGM

Post#14 » by sco » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:57 pm

petebraun0 wrote:I don't like the idea of trading Portis. He's our future sixth man of the year. I'd like to keep him around.

dunn
arci
Shaq
Payne

lavine,
Holiday
Blakeney

Denzel
Hutch

markannan
Portis
Parker

Carter
Lopez
Felicio

I say we have too many pgs, and not enough small forwards. We are weak at backup center. We are a tad weak at small forward, and lack a star player there.

Let's trade Payne for a 2nd round pick, to use on a center. Use our 1st on a sf.
Trade Holiday for a 2nd and trade Lopez for a 2nd. use each pick on a wing and a center or pg.

I like our team, and want to keep it and make incremental improvements. Get a better center than Lopez, and try to get a better

all right. let us hope that Lavine does not have an extended injury this year. he is too important right now.

I'd love to keep Portis around, but worry that he thinks he's due starter money and I paying him $15M/year is going to constrain our ability to land a couple of all star players in the next year or two that we'll need to compete. The league is full of guys who we can get next year for a lot less, and be almost as good (if you factor in his lacking defense).
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#15 » by JimmyJammer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:49 pm

sco wrote:
petebraun0 wrote:I don't like the idea of trading Portis. He's our future sixth man of the year. I'd like to keep him around.

dunn
arci
Shaq
Payne

lavine,
Holiday
Blakeney

Denzel
Hutch

markannan
Portis
Parker

Carter
Lopez
Felicio

I'd love to keep Portis around, but worry that he thinks he's due starter money and I paying him $15M/year is going to constrain our ability to land a couple of all star players in the next year or two that we'll need to compete. The league is full of guys who we can get next year for a lot less, and be almost as good (if you factor in his lacking defense).

I have been a big advocate for keeping Portis, especially as an insurance in case Carter or Markhannen don't pan out. However, seeing how Carter is starting to look like the real deal, trading Bobby does not give me pause anymore. I'd take another crack at Vonleh if we were to trade Bobby.
Costa78
Rookie
And1: 478

Post#16 » by Costa78 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:36 am

Some of these trades for Markelle are straight comedy. Are we going by what he showed in college, or what he is as a pro? He has zero confidence in his game right now and the end doesn't appear to be that promising either. He double clutched a FT tonight for crying out loud. I wouldn't trade any real asset for him until he shows something/anything.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#17 » by Ccwatercraft » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:59 am

Costa78 wrote:Some of these trades for Markelle are straight comedy. Are we going by what he showed in college, or what he is as a pro? He has zero confidence in his game right now and the end doesn't appear to be that promising either. He double clutched a FT tonight for crying out loud. I wouldn't trade any real asset for him until he shows something/anything.

Yes, ty.
petebraun0
Senior

Post#18 » by petebraun0 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:47 am

was looking at a couple mock drafts for 2019. what happens if we get the number 3, and Atlanta gets the 8 and 9. Trade down our 3 for their 8 and 9? Two lottery picks for one? They get a Dukie, and we get our starting small forward, and a top backup pg guard to compete with Dunn or best player available. I just love trading down. don't know why.
petebraun0
Senior

Post#19 » by petebraun0 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:49 am

wonder if the Kings would trade Justin Jackson to us for Cam Payne. Both guys can use a change of scenery, I think. We need one less pg and could use a sf with size.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,187

Post#20 » by Dan Z » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:42 am

petebraun0 wrote:wonder if the Kings would trade Justin Jackson to us for Cam Payne. Both guys can use a change of scenery, I think. We need one less pg and could use a sf with size.

The Kings are thin at SF and have three point guards (Fox, Mason and Yogi). I don't know why they would do that trade.

Return to Chicago Bulls