ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official Allen Crabbe Thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,863

Re: The Official Allen Crabbe Thread 

Post#661 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:46 pm

....we really should have gotten 1st rd compensation from POR for this.

Dude is just ass right now. Straight up ass. I would give his minutes to Rodi
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#662 » by MGrand15 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:58 pm

Crabbe's been awful. I knew something was up when no one in the coaching staff or team complimented his summer in anyway. Not surprised he's off to a bad start. He had the injury but he clearly hasn't improved at all.

The staff shouldn't still be massaging his confidence and giving him the ultimate green light.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#663 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:08 pm

MGrand15 wrote:The staff shouldn't still be massaging his confidence and giving him the ultimate green light.

Maybe they're hoping he snaps out of it, and becomes tradeable.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant

Post#664 » by MGrand15 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:05 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:The staff shouldn't still be massaging his confidence and giving him the ultimate green light.

Definitely but we did that all last year. He should've turned a corner. He's a notorious slow starter but this is next level.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#665 » by Claud » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:24 pm

Historically he's always started slow every season so here's to hoping those percentages start trending upwards.

There's no denying he's been absolutely booty this season. I understand he got injured in preseason but his shooting FG% and 3pt % are in the 20s... yikes.

He still looks active and hustling on D but he is getting paid to do/be much more than that. Wildly inconsistent.

I gave Markinson the benefit of the doubt when we first acquired AC but I did not like the move then and still find it odd.

Definitely one of Mark's biggest mistakes as our GM.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#666 » by SpeedyG » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:05 pm

Kenny said "I can't say I didn't like what I saw", referencing Crabbe's performance vs the Heat.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#667 » by Keith Van Horn » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:10 pm

he's stuck here either way. No one will trade for him, save maybe the Wizards in an OPJ deal. But I don't want to mess up 2019 FA.
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#668 » by shakendfries » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:14 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:he's stuck here either way. No one will trade for him, save maybe the Wizards in an OPJ deal. But I don't want to mess up 2019 FA.

That's trading a player performing poorly for another player performing poorly on a bigger contract. OPJ does have the potential to play the Trevor Ariza role
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#669 » by gigantes » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:29 pm

It's inconceivable to me that Crabbe didn't work hard on his game this summer. Barring injury, every player on the team should be doing that, and in fact has AFAIK.

There's also the fact that Marks and his team specifically sought him out and paid him in advance for his growth potential. Something's just not adding up if Crabbe hasn't been busting it on the practice court at the very least. Seems like Kenny would be saying some subtly different things if that were the case.
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#670 » by SpeedyG » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:43 pm

don't really think effort has been a problem with him. I'm sure he put the work in, and continues to work now even in his slump. He just isn't making shots right now and his overall offensive game isn't good enough to make up for it, not with the expectations that come with his role and salary

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,863

Post#671 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:48 pm

Allen Crabbe's effort isn't the issue. He competes on defense, rebounds, hustles.

Its just that right now the thing that he is being paid the most money on the team to do, he isn't doing, which is providing deadeye three point shooting. He's shooting 28% from 3, posting a PER of 2. That is inexcusable.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#672 » by TheNetsFan » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:59 pm

It's going to be hard without LeVert, but Kenny has to figure out away to get Crabbe some easy catch & shoot looks. If he can knock down some easy looks, I think he'll get some confidence & rhythm back.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#673 » by gigantes » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:30 pm

So, other than getting him better opportunities here and there, sounds like the main thing is for Crabbe to just play through this slump. What else is there, really?

By the same token, he did round in to quite a useful player after last season's break. Any reason to think that won't happen again (and quicker, too)?
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#674 » by Keith Van Horn » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:56 pm

gigantes wrote:So, other than getting him better opportunities here and there, sounds like the main thing is for Crabbe to just play through this slump. What else is there, really?

By the same token, he did round in to quite a useful player after last season's break. Any reason to think that won't happen again (and quicker, too)?

you're right, he just has to play through this slump. He'll average out I bet. He'll most likely have a few games where he goes 3/4, 4/6 etc type shooting and be ok. Overall he's a decent player and last year, by the end of the season, he was pretty hot with his shooting.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant

Post#675 » by MGrand15 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:59 pm

I think his shot selection has been awful. He's taking a ton of unnecessary mid range jumpers. He should not have that type of green light.

It seems like he's trying to get himself going by shooting any time he's slightly open but it's very counterproductive. Those are tough shots for anyone in the league. He needs to stick to 3s with space + floaters + layups. Move the ball.

I don't mind his effort but the process is bad.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#676 » by Prokorov » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:36 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:....we really should have gotten 1st rd compensation from POR for this.

Dude is just ass right now. Straight up ass. I would give his minutes to Rodi

13 games is not enough to throw out 4 years or even last years 82 game sample... especially when crabbes worst to months for his career are october and november. he is traditionally a slow starter and he even had a minor injury early on.

this is too knee-jerk. we start off good then come back with some losses and now we need to start demoting guys?

Crabbe needs to keep his role.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#677 » by Prokorov » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:38 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:

Definitely but we did that all last year. He should've turned a corner. He's a notorious slow starter but this is next level.

last year his splits were dramatic. the last 3 months of the year he shot 43, 40, and 54 percent from three
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#678 » by Prokorov » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:40 pm

Claud wrote:Historically he's always started slow every season so here's to hoping those percentages start trending upwards.

There's no denying he's been absolutely booty this season. I understand he got injured in preseason but his shooting FG% and 3pt % are in the 20s... yikes.

He still looks active and hustling on D but he is getting paid to do/be much more than that. Wildly inconsistent.

I gave Markinson the benefit of the doubt when we first acquired AC but I did not like the move then and still find it odd.

Definitely one of Mark's biggest mistakes as our GM.

it was a terrible signing from day 1. crabbe was never going to be more then a role player... and he will never live up to his deal. but thats a marks criticism not a crabbe criticism. Crabbe is still a good fit, and unless he is hiding an injury its near certain his shot would come around.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#679 » by Prokorov » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:53 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:It's going to be hard without LeVert, but Kenny has to figure out away to get Crabbe some easy catch & shoot looks. If he can knock down some easy looks, I think he'll get some confidence & rhythm back.

he got plenty of good looks the last 2 games, they just need to go down... he always starts slow. im not really concerned especially after a minor injury and a bench role. 1 big game could get him back on track.
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#680 » by SpeedyG » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:28 am

They need to have Crabbe sit down and watch film of Joe move without the ball. Less curling away from the basket, more quick hard cuts toward (preferably backdoor where he only needs to make one dribble if that before he's in range of a layup or getting fouled).

The plays being run for him all require him to make tough contested threes or put the ball on the floor.

He needs to see tons of easy shots go in. Heck, put him in the corner and let him spot up from there until he finds his groove.

Return to Brooklyn Nets