Milos Teodosic Expects To Return To Europe By 19-20 Season

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Milos Teodosic Expects To Return To Europe By 19-20 Season 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:40 pm

Milos Teodosic is in his second season in the NBA with the Los Angeles Clippers and it sounds like he would prefer a return to Europe.

“I think I definitely won’t stay here because… I came, I saw how it looks and somehow… I enjoy more and it’s nicer for me to play in Europe. So, I will return to Europe for sure, will it be during this season or at the end, we’ll see,” Teodosic said in an interview with Glas Amerike.

Teodosic has seen his role reduced this season with the Clippers.

If Teodosic is bought out, he could return immediately to Europe and is expected to receive interest from several clubs.

Via Antonis Stroggylakis/EuroHoops

12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Re: Milos Teodosic Expects To Return To Europe By 19-20 Season 

Post#2 » by 12footrim » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:46 pm

Looks like he has a Ronald McDonald style afro in this photo.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,026

Post#3 » by ontnut » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:09 pm

Don't think anyone is shedding any tears for him. He's an old, mediocre backup PG in this league.
JeSuns
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#4 » by JeSuns » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:52 pm

ontnut wrote:Don't think anyone is shedding any tears for him. He's an old, mediocre backup PG in this league.

Man, learn about this game, seriously...
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,491

Post#5 » by The Laker Kid » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:15 pm

maybe he just didn’t like the culture.. nothing wrong with that.
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
mr_grabb
Junior
And1: 8

Post#6 » by mr_grabb » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:25 pm

Couldn't he help a team like, say, Orlando or Phoenix?
ontnut
RealGM

Post#7 » by ontnut » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:38 pm

JeSuns wrote:
ontnut wrote:Don't think anyone is shedding any tears for him. He's an old, mediocre backup PG in this league.

How did you arrive at this assumption?
What do I need to learn about the game, where Teodosic is not an old mediocre backup PG in the NBA?
He has trouble keeping up with athletic guards, of which there are plenty in the league, and is a below average defender.
He's not an elite offensive talent, he has some range, but it's not elite or highly efficient range.
He's a good distributor, but that means he needs to play with better offensive players, a rarity on benches.
He's a backup PG on any team in the league, and most contending teams have better backups than him.
He's almost 32, so has been on a continued decline.
He would rather be a lead guard in Europe, than a backup on a rebuilding/fringe playoff team. Nothing wrong with that, he's just not that good in NBA terms.
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#8 » by bb22 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:00 pm

Who?
Popovich
Pro Prospect
And1: 293

Post#9 » by Popovich » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:05 pm

https://www.srbijadanas.com/sport/kosarka/povratak-teodosica-u-evropu-sokirace-vas-sta-je-o-tome-rekao-trener-klipersa-dok-rivers-foto-2018-11-23

I am not sure is the text in posted link published by Serbian shameful and privately owned yellow papers news journals house with close relationship and connections in/with the latest installed and still current country government, already translated..... named - Kurir, (messenger, dispatch rider, courier) etymologically have it's trace in Latin language of course like vast majority of other words in European languages, some words even rammed in those non mentioned outcasts from big family of Indo-Europian languages "Lat: "sphaera" Kurir<courier< from org.Lat: "cursor". If not just go to the link and then perform right&click > Translate to English < for auto translation results.
:crazy:
Morse Code
Head Coach
And1: 8,434

Post#10 » by Morse Code » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:47 pm

Popovich wrote:https://www.srbijadanas.com/sport/kosarka/povratak-teodosica-u-evropu-sokirace-vas-sta-je-o-tome-rekao-trener-klipersa-dok-rivers-foto-2018-11-23

I am not sure is the text in posted link published by Serbian shameful and privately owned yellow papers news journals house with close relationship and connections in/with the latest installed and still current country government..... named - Kurir, (messenger, dispatch rider, courier) etymologically have it's trace in Latin language of course like vast majority of other words in European languages, some words even rammed in those non mentioned outcasts from big family of Indo-Europian languages "Lat: "sphaera" Kurir<courier< from org.Lat: "cursor".

Lolwut
Popovich
Pro Prospect

Post#11 » by Popovich » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:49 am

Morse Code wrote:
Popovich wrote:https://www.srbijadanas.com/sport/kosarka/povratak-teodosica-u-evropu-sokirace-vas-sta-je-o-tome-rekao-trener-klipersa-dok-rivers-foto-2018-11-23

I am not sure is the text in posted link published by Serbian shameful and privately owned yellow papers news journals house with close relationship and connections in/with the latest installed and still current country government..... named - Kurir, (messenger, dispatch rider, courier) etymologically have it's trace in Latin language of course like vast majority of other words in European languages, some words even rammed in those non mentioned outcasts from big family of Indo-Europian languages "Lat: "sphaera" Kurir<courier< from org.Lat: "cursor".

Lolwut

Popovich
Pro Prospect

Post#12 » by Popovich » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:53 am

I will provide translation seasoned with my personal view on this by any standards just normal and not controversial issue later...
ShazamDaShiznt
Analyst
And1: 4,766

Post#13 » by ShazamDaShiznt » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:11 pm

na na na na, hey hey, goodbye!

boy he thought his overratedness will help him have an nba career, too bad you can't play in nba being out of shape and smoking cigarettes :wink:
ShazamDaShiznt
Analyst
And1: 4,766

Post#14 » by ShazamDaShiznt » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:12 pm

bb22 wrote:Who?

mike jooooones
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Post#15 » by digitaldropoff » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:42 pm

JeSuns wrote:

He's not wrong.....Milos is not a starting NBA PG. Maybe you can blame the age, but he's slow as ****, and he cannot move any NBA PG's or SG's. Not that the NBA is known for defense, he's a massive liability on the floor. He should have returned to Europe this summer instead of waiting, he's not getting any younger.
Popovich
Pro Prospect

Post#16 » by Popovich » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:58 pm

Actually that will be enough about him, he is wrong if he thinks some European team will pay for covering his contract in the mid season. He will probably sit through out the rest of the season. NBA is not for him but he is not a bad player it is just that he does not like to be unused.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,439

Post#17 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:38 pm

Probably accompanied by Mario Hezonja
Free Palestine
JeSuns
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#18 » by JeSuns » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:48 pm

ontnut wrote:
JeSuns wrote:

What do I need to learn about the game, where Teodosic is not an old mediocre backup PG in the NBA?
He has trouble keeping up with athletic guards, of which there are plenty in the league, and is a below average defender.
He's not an elite offensive talent, he has some range, but it's not elite or highly efficient range.
He's a good distributor, but that means he needs to play with better offensive players, a rarity on benches.
He's a backup PG on any team in the league, and most contending teams have better backups than him.
He would rather be a lead guard in Europe, than a backup on a rebuilding/fringe playoff team. Nothing wrong with that, he's just not that good in NBA terms.

Brother, he is a star in Europe, and he's way more capable of what he has shown.
For instance, when Nash was playing with Shaq, he was playing at a poor level (being him of course) but when Shaq was gone, and he was one year older, he was back to MVP level.
Give Teodosic responsibilities and a decent system and you'd be amazed. Wildness doesn't work for intelligent players, unless they are physical.
ontnut
RealGM

Post#19 » by ontnut » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:02 pm

JeSuns wrote:
ontnut wrote:
JeSuns wrote:Man, learn about this game, seriously...

Brother, he is a star in Europe, and he's way more capable of what he has shown.
For instance, when Nash was playing with Shaq, he was playing at a poor level (being him of course) but when Shaq was gone, and he was one year older, he was back to MVP level.
Give Teodosic responsibilities and a decent system and you'd be amazed. Wildness doesn't work for intelligent players, unless they are physical.

Saying someone is a star in Europe basketball is like saying someone is a star in the KHL.
They don't usually cross-over very well into the #1 league in the world.
Anthony Parker was the Euroleague's 2-time reigning MVP before he came to the NBA. When he came to Toronto, he was a role player, maybe the 4th best player on the team? It's a totally different level of competition.
I can understand why he'd rather play in Europe, being a big fish in a small pond is totally fine for someone who isn't a superstar.

Return to Wiretap Discussion