And1: 43,089

Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1 » by JDR720 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:03 am

NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,606

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#2 » by NCHeels2008 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:14 am

Ok I'll go first, what about Marvin Williams and Frank for Tim Hardaway Jr.
bravor
Starter
And1: 737

Post#3 » by bravor » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:50 am

I doubt Charlotte will deal with Nyk to help them to get as much capspace as possible. Especially when Kemba will be free agent in a few months.
But goot try :wink:

On the other hand, Biyombo/Lamb/Frank +2RP versus Kanter/Lee works
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#4 » by JDR720 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:06 pm

Marvin, Frank and 1st for Tristan Thompson
NCHeels2008
RealGM

Post#5 » by NCHeels2008 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:51 pm

bravor wrote:I doubt Charlotte will deal with Nyk to help them to get as much cap space as possible. Especially when Kemba will be free agent in a few months.
But goot try :wink:

On the other hand, Biyombo/Lamb/Frank +2RP versus Kanter/Lee works

I'm not sure why we should worry about the Knicks, whether you do your deal (which I can't imagine them doing honestly or mine they have 1 max slot + $$$ for next year. If we are going to lose Kemba to the Knicks it won't be over $5M in cap space.
NCHeels2008
RealGM

Post#6 » by NCHeels2008 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:51 pm

JDR720 wrote:Marvin, Frank and 1st for Tristan Thompson

Does this mean TT 28mins and Cody 20?
bravor
Starter

Post#7 » by bravor » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:32 pm

NCHeels2008 wrote:Ok I'll go first, what about Marvin Williams and Frank for Tim Hardaway Jr.

Bouncing back from your post. Considering how Ntilikina struggles for his sophomore year, i am wondering if something like this could be done :

Kanter/Ntilikina versus Lamb/Marvin + 2rp (or sweetener)

Ntilikina well developped would be a perfect fit with Kemba. Just need to get rid of Batum though, as he is a pass first guard, but his defense could make it up for this (and that could be a relatively cheap insurance over MKG if Hornets can't keep him in two years).

Kanter (expiring contract) would also be a nice get and help restore balance in offense between perimeter jump shots and post offense. Obviously, some insurance over MKG (another 3D wing) would be necessary (Sefolosha?).
More play time for Monk. Hornets need to know what they have anyway.
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#8 » by LofJ » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:18 pm

I'd like to explore trading for Ntilikina, but we couldn't do that trade with Lamb going out and no capable starter coming back.

I'm starting to think that maybe catch22 is right and that the guy we should be targeting is DeAngelo Russell. Do the Nets really think the big free agents like Butler, Leonard, Kyrie, Durant, Kemba, etc. are going to sign there over the teams they're currently playing for? I don't, so are they going to pay Russell this summer when the team isn't ready to compete yet?

I'd offer them Biz, Marvin, Frank, Lamb, our 2019 1st, and our 2021 1st (top 8 protected) for Russell, Carroll, Davis, and Faried. We would have cleaned up our cap and have enough space to sign both Kemba and Russell without going into the luxury tax. And even with both of their cap holds we would still be under the limit, so we could also sign another free agent (or extend MKG).
bravor
Starter

Post#9 » by bravor » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:15 pm

Gonna have to look again at the Cav's since they could be willing to absorb a bad contract

Any package involving Batum/Biyombo would do such a blessing for this team as long as the untouchables can stay (Kemba, MKG, Cody, Miles, maybe Willy for salary reasons)

A Hill/Batum swap would really be nice for both teams (not in the same way though).
Soul Rebel
Senior
And1: 372

Post#10 » by Soul Rebel » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:54 pm

bravor wrote:Gonna have to look again at the Cav's since they could be willing to absorb a bad contract

Any package involving Batum/Biyombo would do such a blessing for this team as long as the untouchables can stay (Kemba, MKG, Cody, Miles, maybe Willy for salary reasons)

A Hill/Batum swap would really be nice for both teams (not in the same way though).

Does Hood or Thompson move the needle for this franchise at all? It feels like a consolation prize for a stud like Beal or another player in his tier. I think if Lamb continues to do what he's doing, we need to help Kemba in the frontcourt and on the wing. Move out Williams/Biyombo/Batum somehow in the process.
bravor
Starter

Post#11 » by bravor » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:13 pm

If a Hill/Batum swap could happen (without including any 1st but some sweeteners would be needed), Hill could be considering as expiring contract next year (around 2M guaranteed). so that would mostly be for flexibility purpose (like trying to get Kanter/Vucevic and alike).
If Kupchak can't find a way to land an all star through trade easily, he still has to fix the lack of current flexibility before deadline. Then use next offseason, draft to get it done.

In the hill/batum swap hypothesis, he would still have Marvin/Frank/Monk/Biyombo/Bacon and some picks to play with to get it done
Teal25
Pro Prospect
And1: 578

Post#12 » by Teal25 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:23 pm

It’s unrealistic for us to dump Batum for a contract like Hill’s without a 1st. Teams aren’t stupid like we are to give up cap space for a bad contract without getting a 1st. I do think we can get rid of at least half of Marvin’s contract without giving up a 1st.

If Cleveland wants to do Hill for Batum and our pick then we should take it and run.

That gives us 15-17 million in cap space with Kemba’s hold and without Frank’s and Lamb(resign him for the mle) and 23-25 million if we can get rid of half of Marvin’s money. That’s two decent free agents. There’s a lot of quality free agents this year.
BeesWax
General Manager
And1: 1,660

Post#13 » by BeesWax » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:24 pm

bravor wrote:Gonna have to look again at the Cav's since they could be willing to absorb a bad contract

If we can get Hill by dumping Batum for a reasonable price then I think this helps us on the Beal front. Our big downfall right now is not having a way to save them space next season. Hill gives us a larger contract to attach to Frank and Monk that comes off the books and saves them immediate money.
Spoiler:
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,236

Post#14 » by amcoolio » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:05 pm

I would try to dump Zeller while he still has a little value. Poor guy is getting ready to fall off a cliff in terms of production when he loses his next level of athleticism.

Maybe Cody + filler + 2nd round picks for Thompson

If we nail this next offseason and Kemba/Miles keep improving, we could have a max slot for Anthony Davis in 2020 or have a bunch of exprings/picks for New Orleans

I would be shocked if we could move Batum
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#15 » by JDR720 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:09 pm

Bizmack, Nic, 2 1st round picks, 2 2nd picks for Thompson, JR and Harrison.

TT starts at C, JR does JR things off the bench and we save a good bit of money.
SeanBobcats
Senior
And1: 172

Post#16 » by SeanBobcats » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:58 pm

JDR720 wrote:Bizmack, Nic, 2 1st round picks, 2 2nd picks for Thompson, JR and Harrison.

TT starts at C, JR does JR things off the bench and we save a good bit of money.

No way in hell I'd give up two first rounders to get that kind of package
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#17 » by JDR720 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:04 pm

SeanBobcats wrote:
JDR720 wrote:Bizmack, Nic, 2 1st round picks, 2 2nd picks for Thompson, JR and Harrison.

its more about getting rid of 2 bad contracts.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#18 » by MasterIchiro » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:08 pm

amcoolio wrote:I would try to dump Zeller while he still has a little value. Poor guy is getting ready to fall off a cliff in terms of production when he loses his next level of athleticism.

If we nail this next offseason and Kemba/Miles keep improving, we could have a max slot for Anthony Davis in 2020 or have a bunch of exprings/picks for New Orleans

Zeller fits on the Bulls plus they have cap and an expiring. Zeller straight up for Lopez.

Biz + Bacon + 2 second rounders for TT.

With TT you can run Monk with Kemba and close with smaller lineups without getting killed in the paint on defense/rebounding. I figure with Cody gone, they can keep Lamb, so no need for Bacon.

Next year you drop Cody + Parker + Frank

Kemba - Graham
Monk - Lamb
Miles - Batum
MKG - Marvin
TT - Hernangomez

This is a deep team that is better defensively and can run small ball like JB likes to do.
It has been written...
SeanBobcats
Senior
And1: 172

Post#19 » by SeanBobcats » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:08 pm

JDR720 wrote:
SeanBobcats wrote:

its more about getting rid of 2 bad contracts.

Doesn't matter, you don't give up two first round picks as a fringe playoff team for salary dump. And even though he's still a productive player, Tristan Thompson is overpaid and isn't that much better than Cody in reality
stinger14
Starter
And1: 768

Post#20 » by stinger14 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:19 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
amcoolio wrote:I would try to dump Zeller while he still has a little value. Poor guy is getting ready to fall off a cliff in terms of production when he loses his next level of athleticism.

Zeller fits on the Bulls plus they have cap and an expiring. Zeller straight up for Lopez.

Biz + Bacon + 2 second rounders for TT.

With TT you can run Monk with Kemba and close with smaller lineups without getting killed in the paint on defense/rebounding. I figure with Cody gone, they can keep Lamb, so no need for Bacon.

Next year you drop Cody + Parker + Frank

Kemba - Graham
Monk - Lamb
Miles - Batum
MKG - Marvin
TT - Hernangomez

This is a deep team that is better defensively and can run small ball like JB likes to do.

Like these except I would try to keep Bacon even if I had to add another 2nd.....my hope would be for Bacon to take Batums spot on your lineup after this

Batum, top 8 protected 1st to the Kings for Zach Randolph and Shumpert/Koufos (Kings choose which to trade or keep)

Kings don't have a pick this year so this gets them a pick to keep adding talent, and needed help on the wing. They aren't attracting free agents so Batum doesn't totally cripple them

Return to Charlotte Hornets