Fiserv Forum Thread - Full (Almost) Capacity Now

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,914

Fiserv Forum Thread - Full (Almost) Capacity Now 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:18 am

The other thread is about maxed out. We'll keep a thread on the new arena around at least for the first season.

I know there is an ongoing discussion on STH benefits (or lack thereof). Please feel free to repost some of it. I'll copy/paste some of it over here if I have a chance.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,882

Re: FiServ Forum Thread 

Post#2 » by buckboy » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:03 am

Just to piggyback on the STH stuff, yeah, just horrible.

The guy I'm in with is super pissed. He's been an STH for over 20 years. And for that loyalty, we get to go to a pre draft workout.

**** you very much Bucks.

He's going to call and piss and moan but everyone knows it won't do any good.

I'm out on season tickets next year anyway. Super annoying how cheap you can get tickets while I pay full rate for no apparent reason.

Of course a deep playoff run will change my mind I'm sure. Guaranteed good seats for all playoff games was always the reason I was part of it. It appears there may actually be playoff games in our future.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,885

Post#3 » by humanrefutation » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:19 pm

Haven't had a chance to trek to MKE for a game yet. What's the legroom and seat comfort like at Fiserv? I always felt cramped when I went to games at the BC.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:36 pm

humanrefutation wrote:Haven't had a chance to trek to MKE for a game yet. What's the legroom and seat comfort like at Fiserv? I always felt cramped when I went to games at the BC.

I've sat sideline seats and corner seats, lowers. Sideline seem about the same. Corner seats are MUCH better.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#5 » by emunney » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:41 pm

humanrefutation wrote:Haven't had a chance to trek to MKE for a game yet. What's the legroom and seat comfort like at Fiserv? I always felt cramped when I went to games at the BC.

Sat upper and am 6-6, can't cram my femurs between airplane seats: was perfectly comfortable.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#6 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:19 pm

buckboy wrote:Just to piggyback on the STH stuff, yeah, just horrible.

The guy I'm in with is super pissed. He's been an STH for over 20 years. And for that loyalty, we get to go to a pre draft workout.

**** you very much Bucks.

He's going to call and piss and moan but everyone knows it won't do any good.

I'm out on season tickets next year anyway. Super annoying how cheap you can get tickets while I pay full rate for no apparent reason.

Of course a deep playoff run will change my mind I'm sure. Guaranteed good seats for all playoff games was always the reason I was part of it. It appears there may actually be playoff games in our future.

After 20 years I would be peaved too. I think they better hope for a playoff run otherwise I think there is going to be a mass exodus of season ticket holders. I feel majority are not happy ranging for lack of benefits, promised benefits, bad re-sale, team still running deals, etc. The playoff priority is my main thing as well. I'd hate to give up my seats now when the team seems yo be on the verge of legit success.
BradMKE
Senior
And1: 553

Post#7 » by BradMKE » Sat Dec 1, 2018 12:28 pm

That capital S in the title is annoying me lol.

But yeah, they already seem to be taking STHs for granted with this awful benefits offer and the never-ending barrage of deals on tickets so soon into the season where they shouldn’t be needed (new arena, team killing it on the court at home).

Can’t wait for the renewal phone calls to begin...
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,262

Post#8 » by Mags FTW » Sat Dec 1, 2018 1:17 pm

I get wanting to be very cumstomer service-oriented, but maybe if they didn’t have an employee every 10 feet on game night they would be able to give more perks to ticket package holders.
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#9 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Sat Dec 1, 2018 3:10 pm

Surprised they have an el rey there. DIdnt get a chance to see the menu, any of you guys tried it yet
CountMe3Outs
Sophomore
And1: 219

Post#10 » by CountMe3Outs » Sat Dec 1, 2018 4:17 pm

During a fan-invite session for new arena arena planning a few years ago, the chief complaints seemed to be lack of legroom, poor seating views, and garbled sound. Fiserv fixed all of these deficiencies - and then some.

The arena seating is configured to enhance basketball viewing - end-zone seats are now focused directly under each basket. You have to experience it to fully appreciate it. You seem to be so much closer to the action, no matter where you are. They did away with nearly all the old-style, lower seating "exits", and were able to use that space for seats instead.

Comfort-wise, the legroom has definitely increased, about 1.5 inches in the upper deck - (even more in the lower bowl). The improvement is hard to describe, but very apparent. Even the seating fabric is more comfortable.

No more blocked views from railings - mostly "glass'" is now used.
The PA sound is now intelligible -- I imagine concert sound has drastically improved, as well.

Fiserv is like a big, comfortable & open club with an event floor at its center.
The west-side stairs are well-hidden, disguised as "Exits". I guess they want you to use the East atrium instead ?

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#11 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Dec 1, 2018 4:21 pm

Definitely seems as if 90+% use the main entrance, unaware there are other ways in/out
THE DINJ
Starter
And1: 121

Post#12 » by THE DINJ » Sat Dec 1, 2018 4:59 pm

Don't know if this was mentioned in the last thread, but with the new "Fluid Tickets" system, the Bucks often offer MUCH less than face value for your tickets if you try to move them around.

In our example, we had 2 $110 face-value tickets for a game. When we looked into moving them around a little bit because we have a friend coming to town, the system said it would give us $168 (total) in credits. Then they were going to charge us full face value for the tickets we're trying to move to. So that means we can't really use our season tickets to move to another game or go with a larger group without taking a huge penalty (almost 25%).

In the past, you could just call your ticket guy up and ask to move your seats around. Want 4 tickets to a game? Just trade in 4 tickets and they'd do the best they could to keep you in the same section/area. Maybe they kept you within the game "tier" (e.g. Premier game for a Premier game) but it was basically no hassle. Now you're stuck with what you've got unless you want to pay a lot extra.

It's awful. In the past we got extra tickets on top of our normal allotment. We got an autograph session. We got hundreds of dollars of merch and food credit. We got a pro shop discount (from our tenure we were up to 25%).

Now if we use up ALL of our 25 years of points we get less merch credit than we got last year. And that's if we use them all up on just that and nothing else.

I understand the team is better. I understand there's a new arena. Supply and demand and all. I just think they're going to be very surprised how much a change in demand there will be next year though. Doubt we'll be back. Don't forget the last year the Bucks had a high in season tickets was the first year at the Bradley Center. Same is about to happen here. There are just too many discounts and there are far too few benefits for being a STH to justify paying so much for so many games against mediocre teams.
averageposter
Sixth Man
And1: 722

Post#13 » by averageposter » Sat Dec 1, 2018 5:11 pm

My biggest problem with the benefits is I flat out asked what they'd be 2 years ago when they positioned continued STH benefits and preferential treatment with a down payment 2 years out. I was assured the value of arena credit would be coming forward. At the time I had earned 475 in arena credit. 75 extra for years of service over the 400 for full year in the lower bowl. What I earned was the opportunity to buy 75 bucks, with tickets that cost about 2k more. Given the increased concessions you could argue what they were giving me was swallowed up by the rise anyway. I knew the benefits would decrease but there is absolutely no reason to expect me to sign up for tickets 2 years in advance without knowing what I'm getting. I'm done. I don't even want to argue with them about it.

In addition the points are calculated by a percentage times dollars spent, plus years of service times 100. The 10 percent I paid early is not included in the calc and my first year in which I purchased the full season package 5 games in not credited either. It's a mess, but I have to believe those bank errors all going the same way are not a coincidence.
THE DINJ
Starter
And1: 121

Post#14 » by THE DINJ » Sat Dec 1, 2018 7:07 pm

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of the season ticketholder benefits from 3-4+ years ago to compare with what the Bucks are offering now?
Toodles1980
Junior
And1: 177

Post#15 » by Toodles1980 » Sat Dec 1, 2018 7:28 pm

THE DINJ wrote:Does anyone have a comprehensive list of the season ticketholder benefits from 3-4+ years ago to compare with what the Bucks are offering now?

Here's what was in the email I received for my 400s half season for 2012-13:
Benefits
-Club Access: Numbers Club
-Concession Cards: $75 in free food and beverage
-Ticket Exchange Program: Exchange any unused tickets for additional tickets to upcoming games (Up to 6 exchanges). *List of eligible games will be provided
-Ticket Bank: $150 towards free additional tickets or seat upgrades *List of eligible games will be provided
-Game day Upgrade Vouchers: One opportunity to upgrade your seats to the best available, on night of game. Present voucher inside Lobby B, Bucks ticket office. *List of eligible games will be provided
-Playoff Privileges: Opportunity to purchase playoff tickets at your discounted season ticket holder playoff pricing.
-Ambassador Referral Program: Receive 15% cash credit for any referrals' new package purchase.

For 2013-14 here's the link that shows what was offered:
https://www.nba.com/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/bucks/2013_2014_Rookie_Camp_Oct3_Membership_Guide.pdf

So... yeah, pretty significant downgrades for people who have been around a while.
jmart762
Pro Prospect
And1: 430

Post#16 » by jmart762 » Sun Dec 2, 2018 5:34 am

My hs head coach said he got a tour earlier this season with our high school team (bogus that we never did anything like that but w/e) and two interesting tidbits. 1) they haven't given many tours to educational or team groups, like less than 5 since its opened and 2) the bucks focus is on selling the entirety of the first 8 rows around the court. He said that if they sell all of those seats that is 50%or more of their game day revenue (I wonder if suites get counted in that too somehow). I found that interesting and brought up the discussions that have been on here and he said that would make sense with what he gathered from the tour. They are focused on other things right now. He also added that his ticket situation was a mess and pretty unprofessional so he was unsurprised that STH benefits were late.

Oh a second note, and maybe a bit unrelated but today I ran into some friends of Hammond and McKinney at the farmers market and they made some funny comments about the new owners. Not that they were fans of Kohl (they said he was too cheap more or less), but they said the new owners have zero loyalty and it was immediately apparent in all aspects of the organization. I didn't know them and didn't get the chance to press much.

They also said that they had another friend that grew up with them that has a farm in Burlington and some restaurants in milwaukee that was somewhat farm to table and had the contract to cater the bucks road trips and home locker room and family room. Apparently they lost that contract with the new ownership immediately. Anyone have insights on how the bucks are fed? I had the dream of feeding them and the Brewers eventually.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#17 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Dec 3, 2018 1:38 pm

Toodles1980 wrote:
THE DINJ wrote:Does anyone have a comprehensive list of the season ticketholder benefits from 3-4+ years ago to compare with what the Bucks are offering now?

Here's what was in the email I received for my 400s half season for 2012-13:
Benefits
-Club Access: Numbers Club
-Concession Cards: $75 in free food and beverage
-Ticket Exchange Program: Exchange any unused tickets for additional tickets to upcoming games (Up to 6 exchanges). *List of eligible games will be provided
-Ticket Bank: $150 towards free additional tickets or seat upgrades *List of eligible games will be provided
-Game day Upgrade Vouchers: One opportunity to upgrade your seats to the best available, on night of game. Present voucher inside Lobby B, Bucks ticket office. *List of eligible games will be provided
-Playoff Privileges: Opportunity to purchase playoff tickets at your discounted season ticket holder playoff pricing.
-Ambassador Referral Program: Receive 15% cash credit for any referrals' new package purchase.

For 2013-14 here's the link that shows what was offered:
https://www.nba.com/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/bucks/2013_2014_Rookie_Camp_Oct3_Membership_Guide.pdf

So... yeah, pretty significant downgrades for people who have been around a while.

Do they even offer anything to half season holders anymore? I definitely got more in this era as a half holder than I do know as a full. They also had that very solid loyalty program where you could earn more concession money, ticket bank, etc . They did away with that about 5 years back too. Rumor was the NBA stepped in on some of the giveaways.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#18 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Dec 3, 2018 2:24 pm

jmart762 wrote:My hs head coach said he got a tour earlier this season with our high school team (bogus that we never did anything like that but w/e) and two interesting tidbits. 1) they haven't given many tours to educational or team groups, like less than 5 since its opened and 2) the bucks focus is on selling the entirety of the first 8 rows around the court. He said that if they sell all of those seats that is 50%or more of their game day revenue (I wonder if suites get counted in that too somehow). I found that interesting and brought up the discussions that have been on here and he said that would make sense with what he gathered from the tour. They are focused on other things right now. He also added that his ticket situation was a mess and pretty unprofessional so he was unsurprised that STH benefits were late.

Oh a second note, and maybe a bit unrelated but today I ran into some friends of Hammond and McKinney at the farmers market and they made some funny comments about the new owners. Not that they were fans of Kohl (they said he was too cheap more or less), but they said the new owners have zero loyalty and it was immediately apparent in all aspects of the organization. I didn't know them and didn't get the chance to press much.

They also said that they had another friend that grew up with them that has a farm in Burlington and some restaurants in milwaukee that was somewhat farm to table and had the contract to cater the bucks road trips and home locker room and family room. Apparently they lost that contract with the new ownership immediately. Anyone have insights on how the bucks are fed? I had the dream of feeding them and the Brewers eventually.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

I do feel a little less valued than I did in previous years. I understand what I'm spending is microscopic compared to businesses and that is where their revenue comes from. I also understand tickets are selling much better due to a new arena in addition to a better product on the court. But at one time I felt like my season purchase was valuable, but now I think if I gave up the seats it would just be a shrug of the shoulder. And I'm sure part of my feeling is I don't really have to communicate with my rep anymore with fluid ticketing and less benefits. I'm basically at a point where my payment is monthly and unless some issue arises, I don't have a need to reach out to my rep. And with their tickets sales better, they likely don't feel the need to check-in as much.

Also being a season ticket holder (no matter the seat) in part is to feel like you're a little more a part of the team and get advantages that the causal fan doesn't. Each year as we have discussed the benefits seem to get worse and worse, and that appears to be the case even for some lower level holders. I'm not asking to go back to 2013 and gets tons of extras, I understnad they're a business. But I don't think it is an incredibly unreasonable ask to have something like pro shops/concession discounts and/or credits as a standard benefits. Or even the gifts and such that they gave when you would re-sign up for the package in February/March. I always looked forward to what I could get if I signed up right away for the next season.

Where they have me is I just hate to give up the playoff priority now when the team seems to be on the verge of something special maybe. It will be nice to have the option to go to any playoff game I choose and at face value. My thing is as long as I'm not losing money on my investment, I'll stay on board, so I'm a sucker and will be back --- but hopefully they take some feedback on some of the items.

One thing that did bother me was the lack of transparency on the whole digital tickets, secondary market stipulation, and restricting the buying of extra seats/resale. None of that was laid out to us as the time of purchase, especially us that signed on for a 2 year contract. That stuff is shady and going to cause lost trust with the consumer.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,845

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#19 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Dec 3, 2018 2:24 pm

These guys spent $550 million on the team. Probably $300 million on the arena. Another $50mm on the practice center and other hiring/upgrades/etc.

We're talking close to a billion dollars. They've got to get a return on that and there just aren't other NBA cities where for $2,000 you could get a season ticket close to the floor with all sorts of nice perks, benefits, events, etc.

Kohl put such a crappy product on the court for three decades that the only way he kept the Bucks season ticket holder family semi-intact was great customer service on the season ticket packages.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,882

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#20 » by buckboy » Mon Dec 3, 2018 2:55 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:These guys spent $550 million on the team. Probably $300 million on the arena. Another $50mm on the practice center and other hiring/upgrades/etc.

We're talking close to a billion dollars. They've got to get a return on that and there just aren't other NBA cities where for $2,000 you could get a season ticket close to the floor with all sorts of nice perks, benefits, events, etc.

Kohl put such a crappy product on the court for three decades that the only way he kept the Bucks season ticket holder family semi-intact was great customer service on the season ticket packages.

I don't disagree with some of this, but:

A. $2,000 doesn't get you downstairs. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure $2500 for lower corners is about the best you're going to do. Not a huge deal, but worth pointing out.

B. As far as I can tell, there are no perks or benefits. Pretty much literally none.

C. Agree fully on the last paragraph. There were actual benefits to holding season tickets in the past. That part they got right at least.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."

Return to Milwaukee Bucks