Random Thoughts Thread Part 4

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Random Thoughts Thread Part 4 

Post#741 » by Ruzious » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:56 pm

A new Twilight Zone revival hosted by... Jordan Peele. https://twitter.com/hashtag/TwilightZone?src=hash How freeking awesome does that sound? I imagine we have a couple of posters here who would give their right monkey's paw to write an episode. Do it!
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
barelyawake
Head Coach
And1: 665

Post#742 » by barelyawake » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:23 am

So, I’ve never done this, so you know I’m friggin proud of this line. My girlfriend is a noted sculptor who has transitioned into jewelry making. And she’s one of the top artists currently at the Torpedo Factory. Her name is Natalie Abrams. We are having a launch of her new line on October 28th at 3pm. Just a quick show and some alcohol. Families and everyone are welcome. Actually, if you can’t attend, please swing by whenever you can and buy Xmas gifts. Only unique gifts are remembered and art is nothing but unique. You get into heaven automatically if you support local artists. Honestly, we’d love to have you and show you our god damn, futuristic cool jewelry. Very punk. Very elegant. Thanks in advance. Check out abramswearable.com and @abramswearable on social media. See you there.
GhostofChenier
Sophomore
And1: 58

Post#743 » by GhostofChenier » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:53 am

barelyawake wrote:So, I’ve never done this, so you know I’m friggin proud of this line. My girlfriend is a noted sculptor who has transitioned into jewelry making. And she’s one of the top artists currently at the Torpedo Factory. Her name is Natalie Abrams. We are having a launch of her new line on October 28th at 3pm. Just a quick show and some alcohol. Families and everyone are welcome. Actually, if you can’t attend, please swing by whenever you can and buy Xmas gifts. Only unique gifts are remembered and art is nothing but unique. You get into heaven automatically if you support local artists. Honestly, we’d love to have you and show you our god damn, futuristic cool jewelry. Very punk. Very elegant. Thanks in advance. Check out abramswearable.com and @abramswearable on social media. See you there.

Nice. :)

If I live in Washington I would go :)

Good luck to both.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#744 » by payitforward » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:54 pm

That's great -- hope it's a smash hit!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#745 » by montestewart » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:05 pm

That Nike ad that keeps blocking everything really makes me want $300 sneakers. Should this go in The Official Boycott Nike Products Thread?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#746 » by Ruzious » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:44 pm

barelyawake wrote:So, I’ve never done this, so you know I’m friggin proud of this line. My girlfriend is a noted sculptor who has transitioned into jewelry making. And she’s one of the top artists currently at the Torpedo Factory. Her name is Natalie Abrams. We are having a launch of her new line on October 28th at 3pm. Just a quick show and some alcohol. Families and everyone are welcome. Actually, if you can’t attend, please swing by whenever you can and buy Xmas gifts. Only unique gifts are remembered and art is nothing but unique. You get into heaven automatically if you support local artists. Honestly, we’d love to have you and show you our god damn, futuristic cool jewelry. Very punk. Very elegant. Thanks in advance. Check out abramswearable.com and @abramswearable on social media. See you there.

I just ordered 2 pieces from the website - easy as pie. That's 2 people to check off on my shopping list! Sorry I missed the launch... and the alcohol.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#747 » by Ruzious » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:46 pm

montestewart wrote:That Nike ad that keeps blocking everything really makes me want $300 sneakers. Should this go in The Official Boycott Nike Products Thread?

Actually, I think it goes in the "Is Nike a bust?" thread.
Hidden Eye
Pro Prospect
And1: 370

Post#748 » by Hidden Eye » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:35 pm

Whoever is running the Washington Wizards Instagram account needs to step down and stop posting straight up yikes.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#749 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:21 am

montestewart wrote:That Nike ad that keeps blocking everything really makes me want $300 sneakers. Should this go in The Official Boycott Nike Products Thread?
Thoughts of theft entered my mind, BK....

Would not be buying....:treehunnerdDollah" shoes...

:)

Just kidding but I thought no way in hayell..for some phukin' recreational footwear???

Nah, a brotha still broke aa a joke since the 2014 drama w baby momma n dem hoes. :)

I'm good. My credit score? My bank stash assets? Let's just say I AM BLESSED.

Child support is on time and not behind. Hallelujah!

Once upon a time a bench warrant mighta been served just lime a cherry on top of a sundae of negativity reminder stuff when I was broke for reals....

No power for like 6 weeks. Not seen my sons. Constant stress and anxiety and tribulations with a bit of "bipolar" label sprinkled on the top of it all.

The Good Newa Is that this, too, shall pass. Lack of funds is not lack of fun. Not lack of hope. Not open season to perpetual pity party.. .

I can buy $300 shoes now if I choose...

God is good all the time montestewart--

Even if I die with EG still GM. :)

And with annoying ads ...

Plus me cray cray! "Jesus is just alright with me..."

Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#750 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:22 am

Ruzious wrote:

I just ordered 2 pieces from the website - easy as pie. That's 2 people to check off on my shopping list! Sorry I missed the launch... and the alcohol.
Thanks...time to get mad broke...

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#751 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:23 am

Ruzious wrote:

Actually, I think it goes in the "Is Nike a bust?" thread.
Seconded.

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#752 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:23 am

I like Adidas...

Bye bye Beal.
barelyawake
Head Coach

Post#753 » by barelyawake » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:30 pm

Ruzious wrote:

Wow thanks, man. Very cool of you. Hope you enjoy. You never know how people are going to receive your art when you put it out there. I’ve done graphic design, music, writing and sculpture, and she’s done sculpture and our other artists have various backgrounds. So, you never know. But, we just got the head of the most famous show in New York on our side, pitching our stuff to New York gallery owners. So, fingers crossed. Who knows? Kinda impossible to create a brand out of nothing, but it’s building quicker than I expected. Hey message me your real name, and I’ll send you something extra. Thanks again.
barelyawake
Head Coach

Post#754 » by barelyawake » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:54 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

Thanks again, guys. Keep checking back because we keep continually coming out with new designs, and have planned out two or three more seasons. Same goes for anyone here. Message me your name if you order, I’ll look up the order and add a lil something as thank you.

Easiest way to show your gift is “thoughtful” is giving art, especially art jewelry . Give her a piece of New York Couture, with a DC artist price tag (for now). Thanks again.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,341

Post#755 » by doclinkin » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:29 pm

barelyawake wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I just ordered 2 pieces from the website - easy as pie. That's 2 people to check off on my shopping list! Sorry I missed the launch... and the alcohol.

Thanks again, guys. Keep checking back because we keep continually coming out with new designs, and have planned out two or three more seasons. Same goes for anyone here. Message me your name if you order, I’ll look up the order and add a lil something as thank you.

Easiest way to show your gift is “thoughtful” is giving art, especially art jewelry . Give her a piece of New York Couture, with a DC artist price tag (for now). Thanks again.

Bumped the art thread, put images in there as examples of your favorite pieces?
barelyawake
Head Coach

Post#756 » by barelyawake » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:51 pm

doclinkin wrote:
barelyawake wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Thanks...time to get mad broke...

Bumped the art thread, put images in there as examples of your favorite pieces?

Much thanks, man. Will do.
Freakyman
Ballboy
And1: 21

Post#757 » by Freakyman » Sun Dec 2, 2018 4:27 am

Mix made in honour of Agent Zero

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#758 » by Ruzious » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:30 pm

barelyawake wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I just ordered 2 pieces from the website - easy as pie. That's 2 people to check off on my shopping list! Sorry I missed the launch... and the alcohol.

To follow up, I ordered a couple things made by Barely's g/f, and they turned out real well, but what really made them special was the little extras that went with them - lagniappe as they say in Nawlins - with nice gift bags and authenticity certifications and an extra gift. I gave one to my sister and one to her teenaged daughter, and they were wow'd by the presentation.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,625

Post#759 » by pancakes3 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:12 am

into the spiderverse is dope as hell and yall need to go watch it immediately
Bullets -> Wizards
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,299

Post#760 » by nate33 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:23 pm

It really is annoying how the sports media totally fabricates stories to make an issue out of absolutely nothing at all.

There was a headline two days ago saying: LeBron James: Lakers Adding Anthony Davis Would Be 'Incredible'. The narrative was that the Lakers have some sort of secret master plan to acquire Davis and Lebron just slipped and revealed it to everyone. It's so stupid. Of course Lebron would be interesting in adding Davis. Who wouldn't? What's he supposed to say? "Nah man, I have no interest in Davis joining my team".

The next day, there's another headline: Anthony Davis Loves New Orleans, Doesn't Care About LeBron's Comments. The narrative this time is that Davis doesn't want to join Lebron and he may be just a little bit annoyed that Lebron is somehow trying to work some angle to get Davis. Again, it's totally stupid. All Davis did was duck the question in the most diplomatic manner possible.

Yesterday, another headline appeared: Anthony Davis Won't Be Swayed By Supermax Extension. In it, the article states incredibly:
But with LeBron James' recent comments about wanting to play with Davis and the approaching February 7th trade deadline, there is growing momentum for the Lakers to attempt to make a move for the Pelicans superstar now.

WTF are they talking about? Growing momentum? What momentum? GTFO of here with that bullspit.

You have to dig up the original article from Yahoo to see what Davis actually said:

“I’d take legacy over money,” Davis told Yahoo Sports after posting game highs of 30 points and 20 rebounds to go with five assists in Friday’s loss. “I want to have a legacy. All my people that look up to me, the younger kids, I want them to know about AD’s legacy. Championships, the things I do in the community, being a good teammate, playing hard. All that stuff matters the most to me. Don’t get me wrong, money is amazing. But I think in that sense, money or legacy, I think my legacy will win that battle every time.”

Total boilerplate. No player is going to say, "nah man, I don't care about winning. Show me the money!"

So in three consecutive fake news articles, we are led to believe that Davis to LA is all but a done deal when ABSOLUTELY NOTHING has been said or done to suggest any such thing.

Return to Washington Wizards