Boxing Thread 4.0

Moderator: lilfishi22

goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Re: Boxing Thread 4.0 

Post#1681 » by goodboy » Sun Dec 2, 2018 6:21 am

Duke4life831 wrote:And that right there is why I hate boxing. No way in hell that was a draw.

Here I thought ufc judges are mad sketchy. But Boxing takes the cake, holy.
Bright
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,610

Post#1682 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Dec 2, 2018 6:28 am

HeatWillRise wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:And that right there is why I hate boxing. No way in hell that was a draw.

It seems like whenever there is a big time fight that comes to the judges, you know it's going to get crazy.

Which is a shame cause that was a damn good fight. First class boxing put on by Fury, crazy punching power from Wilder, Fury rising from the dead. But now all people are going to remember from it is this horrible decision. I mean seriously 115-111 to Wilder, giving the first 4 rounds to Wilder? That is truly horrific
goodboy
RealGM

Post#1683 » by goodboy » Sun Dec 2, 2018 6:35 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
HeatWillRise wrote:

It seems like whenever there is a big time fight that comes to the judges, you know it's going to get crazy.

Which is a shame cause that was a damn good fight. First class boxing put on by Fury, crazy punching power from Wilder, Fury rising from the dead. But now all people are going to remember from it is this horrible decision. I mean seriously 115-111 to Wilder, giving the first 4 rounds to Wilder? That is truly horrific

It was a travesty.

Atleast from all the social platforms I'm observing have Fury being robbed etc... People know.
Bright
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,278

Post#1684 » by PhilBlackson » Sun Dec 2, 2018 6:38 am

Man that decision left me bitter lol

I grew up loving boxing (and obv bball) but it's ish like this, with all the damn riggin that has just made me far less passionate about the sport, in addition to how much top fighters pad the living hell outta their records. Also big reasons why I started to watch MMA a lot more. Not sure boxing will ever get back to it's glory days unless they clean all that bs up.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1685 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Dec 2, 2018 6:49 am

PhilBlackson wrote:Man that decision left me bitter lol

I grew up loving boxing (and obv bball) but it's ish like this, with all the damn riggin that has just made me far less passionate about the sport, in addition to how much top fighters pad the living hell outta their records.

I'm a much bigger MMA fan than boxing (I think the average fight is just more entertaining). But ya I agree 100% with this, this is why I've never been a huge boxing fan like I am MMA. The judging is so bad that it's hard not to think it's rigged. But the thing that really bugs me is the padding of records.

The fight before the main even after Hurd won (against an easy opponent) basically said he wants a few more tune up fights before he fights Charlo the WBC belt holder. Like what, seriously?

Dude Tony Ferguson tore his knee up like crazy and fought Anthony Pettis 6 months later and is waiting to fight Khabib. This would be like Khabib beating Conor then saying he wants to fight Paul Felder and James Vick then he might face Tony, and no one would bat an eye to him saying that. It's just the norm in boxing.
goodboy
RealGM

Post#1686 » by goodboy » Sun Dec 2, 2018 6:58 am

Duke4life831 wrote:

I grew up loving boxing (and obv bball) but it's ish like this, with all the damn riggin that has just made me far less passionate about the sport, in addition to how much top fighters pad the living hell outta their records.

I'm a much bigger MMA fan than boxing (I think the average fight is just more entertaining). But ya I agree 100% with this, this is why I've never been a huge boxing fan like I am MMA. The judging is so bad that it's hard not to think it's rigged. But the thing that really bugs me is the padding of records.

The fight before the main even after Hurd won (against an easy opponent) basically said he wants a few more tune up fights before he fights Charlo the WBC belt holder. Like what, seriously?

Dude Tony Ferguson tore his knee up like crazy and fought Anthony Pettis 6 months later and is waiting to fight Khabib. This would be like Khabib beating Conor then saying he wants to fight Paul Felder and James Vick then he might face Tony, and no one would bat an eye to him saying that. It's just the norm in boxing.

That encounter was hysterical and left me dumbfounded after Charlo left the ring when they were both in each other's faces and talking smack. How do you then say you want tune up fights right after that encounter on "making it happen, lets do it!"

That was very stupid :lol:

I do know boxing is notorious for padding stats.
Bright
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,247

Post#1687 » by Papi_swav » Sun Dec 2, 2018 7:00 am

I love Wilder but he got out boxed the whole fight.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1688 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Dec 2, 2018 7:12 am

HeatWillRise wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

That encounter was hysterical and left me dumbfounded after Charlo left the ring when they were both in each other's faces and talking smack. How do you then say you want tune up fights right after that encounter on "making it happen, lets do it!"

That was very stupid :lol:

I do know boxing is notorious for padding stats.

Haha I was thinking the same thing. Fix the judging, get the top guys to fight the other top guys and boxing would be in a much more healthier state.

That's why I give big props to both Tyson and Wilder. Both guys willing to fight another top guy and calling out Joshua. The only heavyweight title fights going on right now should be between those 3 guys.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,278

Post#1689 » by PhilBlackson » Sun Dec 2, 2018 7:21 am

Duke4life831 wrote:

Glad there's more MMA fans on here but yeah Anthony Joshua is a PRIME example of this...

He's literally waiting out the division since he knows he makes a ton of money no matter who he fights just because he has commercial appeal/looks like a bodybuilder. The dude is letting the division beat the hell outta each other and waiting until they're worn down and/or past their prime which is a page out of Mayweather's book.

But yeah it's why I do watch a lot more MMA now than boxing, in addition to the fact there's just so many more ways to win a fight and intricate details to watch. Hilarious example you used though of Ferguson because it's almost unimaginable that guys at the top of the game actually ASK to for MULTIPLE tune up fights. Heck even Silva well past his prime is taking on Israel in the hopes of another title fight because he's that competitive and hate McGregor as much as you want but the dude came off a multiple year lay off and asked to fight the true #1 contender in Khabib despite it being a clear horrible stylistic match up for him but whatever.

The next big fight that needs to happen is Spence/Crawford or just Joshua to come out of hiding in the UK to fight a real contender will do. BTW Holloway/Ortega is gonna be fiyah! lol
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1690 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Dec 2, 2018 7:42 am

PhilBlackson wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Glad there's more MMA fans on here but yeah Anthony Joshua is a PRIME example of this...

He's literally waiting out the division since he knows he makes a ton of money no matter who he fights just because he has commercial appeal/looks like a bodybuilder. The dude is letting the division beat the hell outta each other and waiting until they're worn down and/or past their prime which is a page out of Mayweather's book.

But yeah it's why I do watch a lot more MMA now than boxing, in addition to the fact there's just so many more ways to win a fight and intricate details to watch. Hilarious example you used though of Ferguson because it's almost unimaginable that guys at the top of the game actually ASK to for MULTIPLE tune up fights. Heck even Silva well past his prime is taking on Israel in the hopes of another title fight because he's that competitive and hate McGregor as much as you want but the dude came off a multiple year lay off and asked to fight the true #1 contender in Khabib despite it being a clear horrible stylistic match up for him but whatever.

The next big fight that needs to happen is Spence/Crawford or just Joshua to come out of hiding in the UK to fight a real contender will do. BTW Holloway/Ortega is gonna be fiyah! lol

Yup there are just no tune ups in the UFC. The closest thing you get is Khabib vs Al, but that was like the 4th option because the LW interim champ pulled out and the FW champ pulled out of the fight the week of the fight haha.

I can see it now Jon Jones beats Gus and Joe asks him, "Jon who's next, is it the DC trilogy?"

Jon: "maybe Joe, but I'm thinking Nikita Krylov then Tyson Pedro. After those two the DC fight might make sense"

That is basically what Hurd just did tonight haha. That is basically what Joshua has done all his career. UFC makes some bone headed decisions, but still far greater than what we see in boxing.

The Ortega vs Max fight is going to be amazing. I'm going to have to record the Lomachenko vs Pedraza fight. I love watching Lomachenko fight. So freaking skilled.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#1691 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Dec 2, 2018 9:57 am

Wilder fought exactly how he always fought, throwing not very technical bombs. He managed to catch Fury a few times and knocked Fury down twice (didn't know how Fury got up from the 2nd) but aside from a few connecting punches, he got completely outboxed.

To see a draw there is kind of perplexing...what were the judges watching and how did that one judge give it to Wilder?
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#1692 » by PLO » Sun Dec 2, 2018 1:16 pm

Tyson Fury is my new hero. His post-fight presser was awesome. What a character.
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,574

Post#1693 » by Butch718 » Sun Dec 2, 2018 2:37 pm

Fury pulling an Undertaker moment was the boxing moment of the year for me.

Glad Stevenson’s awful reign has ended.

Sick body shot from Hurd.

And complete BS decison once again. Fury won. Also 2 knock downs does not equal a win to all the casuals that thought Wilder won.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#1694 » by Nemesis21 » Sun Dec 2, 2018 4:30 pm

Boxing and MMA judges suck :banghead:
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#1695 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Dec 2, 2018 6:23 pm

:evil:
lilfishi22 wrote:Wilder fought exactly how he always fought, throwing not very technical bombs. He managed to catch Fury a few times and knocked Fury down twice (didn't know how Fury got up from the 2nd) but aside from a few connecting punches, he got completely outboxed.

To see a draw there is kind of perplexing...what were the judges watching and how did that one judge give it to Wilder?

Technical punches? For a 4 year old throwing a tantrum, those strikes are below average. Its unbelievable how many punches he telegraphed and missed wide.

A lo-light of Wilder's punches last night would be hilarious.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1696 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Dec 2, 2018 6:27 pm

At least morally this was a draw. Under the 'who would you rather have been?' standard. Definitely not a draw insofar as fights are scored. Fury won.

The fact Wilder did not and could not capitalize on that final KD is pretty bad. He won about 1.5 seconds of the fight but rode those moments nowhere. He would not have even won those rounds were it not for the KDs.
Butch718
RealGM

Post#1697 » by Butch718 » Sun Dec 2, 2018 6:42 pm

Kind of loving the look on Wilder’s face when Fury got up.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,933

Post#1698 » by Stannis » Sun Dec 2, 2018 8:15 pm

Was Wilder really a favorite for this fight? I called the Fury would win. He's just really skillful and confident in there. And just more experienced. I guess Wilder was favored because Fury was inactive for some time.

Fury is skillful, but every time I watch him, it just doesn't seem like he takes it that seriously, which is scary because if he did.....

People are saying Wilder should have put it away, but Fury is one tough dude, that's no easy task. I'm honestly surprised Wilder scored two KDs. The first one looked like it was due to imbalances though.

Fury really was playing it safe though, taunting Wilder, waiting for his mistakes (and Wilder made ALOT of mistakes), but he still didn't stun or KD him either, which is why I am not bitter about this decision. I really don't care for guys going in there not trying to conflict damage and clean shots.

Fury won, but I didn't think it was a robbery.

Props to these two fighting each other. I never thought it would happen since Wilder is a Haymon guy. I was scared Wilder was gonna be like the Adonis Stevenson of the HW division and just hold one belt hostage by fighting tomato cans.

I feel like a rematch will go the same way, but the judges will score it Fury's favor. Or, Wilder will tire himself out early by trying to put it away and lose by a ref stoppage.

Read on Twitter

Freakin nerve on this guy. Has to bring himself up. Boxing judges have been awful for a while now in general. But this wasn't about a Brit vs American. Judges suck now, but them seeing 2 KDs in one fight didn't make it easier for them.
Free Palestine
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1699 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Dec 2, 2018 9:36 pm

Stannis wrote:
Freakin nerve on this guy. Has to bring himself up. Boxing judges have been awful for a while now in general. But this wasn't about a Brit vs American. Judges suck now, but them seeing 2 KDs in one fight didn't make it easier for them.

Its actually really easy for them. Because there are exact specifications for KDs in a round. Those were clearly 10-8s, no more and no less.

I'd you score this like a boxing fight, it's a clear win by 2-3 rounds for Wilder. KDs only happened in 2 rounds. What about the nine or ten that Fury won 10-9?

If you had to judge the fight holistically, yes, would be tough. As a boxing match? Not at all.
Butch718
RealGM

Post#1700 » by Butch718 » Sun Dec 2, 2018 9:56 pm

Stevenson is in a medically induced coma. Not sure how I feel about this. It’s hard to sympathize with a former pimp, who participated in the traffic, rape and mental and physical abuse of young women.

Also, he got off lucky(4 years only)considering all the horrific sh*t he did. So for all those that said he was reformed, **** that.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts