Cole Anthony

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Re: Cole Anthony 

Post#21 » by No-Man » Thu Dec 6, 2018 4:36 pm

I am a UNC fan and god knows we need Cole to commit (and it's looking likely) BUT if I were him I'd likely commit to Georgetown (there is no way he goes Notre Dame or Miami) and Oregon has a nice roster but likely with too many mouths to feed

The way it's looking G'Town with Cole > UNC with Cole in 2019-20 and they have better complimentary talent as well (way better shooting, better athletes)
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#22 » by nolang1 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 5:07 pm

If I were him I'd be pulling every string possible to graduate at the semester and get into this draft, where he'd probably be picked in the top 3.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,763

Post#23 » by Upperclass » Thu Dec 6, 2018 6:07 pm

He's such a terribly overrated prospect. Telfair redux
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#24 » by No-Man » Thu Dec 6, 2018 6:07 pm

nolang1 wrote:If I were him I'd be pulling every string possible to graduate at the semester and get into this draft, where he'd probably be picked in the top 3.

He would have had to graduate last June to be able to pull that off
skiz2
Bench Warmer
And1: 184

Post#25 » by skiz2 » Sat Dec 8, 2018 4:31 am

Fischella wrote:I am a UNC fan and god knows we need Cole to commit (and it's looking likely) BUT if I were him I'd likely commit to Georgetown (there is no way he goes Notre Dame or Miami) and Oregon has a nice roster but likely with too many mouths to feed

The way it's looking G'Town with Cole > UNC with Cole in 2019-20 and they have better complimentary talent as well (way better shooting, better athletes)

Are you working under the assumption that Coby is gone? Even if he is, Georgetown is kinda a dumpster fire. You will see it soon, they are struggling to beat trash teams.

If I were him it’s UNC or ND if Coby is staying. If Coby is gone then it is ND or Oregon. Mike Brey has had a lot of PGs play really well for him that don’t touch Anthony’s talent.

If Coby stays and we get Cole, that dog will hunt regardless of if we miss on Hurt and Brooks.

PG Anthony/Woods
SG White/Woods
SF Leaky/B-rob
PF Brooks/Leaky
C Bacot/Manley
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 906

Post#26 » by retrobro90 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:29 am

Bumping this thread to share Ben Rubin's breakdown on Cole

https://www.thestepien.com/2019/07/23/draft-notes-cole-anthony-future-consensus-1-pick/

Great article. Most intriguing stuff for me has to be his FT numbers. I think there's maybe some reason for trepidation about Cole's upper body strength but for right now it's worth noting just how often he gets there and produces once he does.

I really hate highlight reels but thought it might be worth posting something like this since the thread's been dead for close to a year.
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,475

Post#27 » by LofJ » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:27 pm

I read that article yesterday, the author makes a good case that Cole is being slept on. We'll see if his heretofore elite ability to get to the free throw line and convert holds up this year.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,126

Post#28 » by clyde21 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:44 pm

biggest problem with Cole is that he just looks really small...even at the HS level he looks small and I dont mean height more stature/frame
kobyz
Rookie
And1: 270

Post#29 » by kobyz » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:22 pm

Should have went to a smaller school that let him the opportunity to work on becoming more of a PG
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,045

Post#30 » by The-Power » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:19 am

kobyz wrote:Should have went to a smaller school that let him the opportunity to work on becoming more of a PG

He's already a PG through and through (even a pass-first one on his HS team), so I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean.
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#31 » by karkinos » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:21 pm

not sure how his outside shooting stats are but the way he attacks the rim reminds me of deron williams and if he has an outside shot that might be a better comp for him overall. he's not as stocky but absorbs a lot of contact. i don't really see the rose comparisons. not saying cole isn't athletic; rose is in the supreme/westbrook level imo. i think rose is still faster both laterally and downcourt and his shift is quicker.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#32 » by Marcus » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:45 pm

I'm a Cole fan, curious to see how he translates to the college game and what it could possibly do to his stock but i think he has the goods for the NBA-style of play.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,356

Post#33 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:31 pm

Cole World indeed...

Early Report Card Grades for College Basketball's Top Freshmen

Cole Anthony, North Carolina

Season Stats:
22.8 PPG, 8.0 RPG, 4.5 APG, 1.8 SPG, 38.2% 3PT

The Cole Anthony experience has already been an incredible ride.

The highly touted combo guard stormed onto the college scene with 34 points, 11 rebounds and five assists in the season opener against Notre Dame. Not only did he rack up some serious stats, but he was also instrumental in turning that game around. During the 20-6 run midway through the second half that flipped a three-point deficit into an 11-point lead, Anthony scored 13 of the 20 points and assisted on an Andrew Platek triple.

Anthony followed it up two days later with another double-double, going for 20 and 10 against UNC-Wilmington. He took a break from the rebounds in game No. 3 against Gardner-Webb, but he still scored 28 and had four steals in that one. And then in Wednesday's win over Elon, Anthony almost messed around and got a triple-double, finishing with 10 rebounds, nine points and eight assists.

As great as he has been, efficiency is a legitimate early concern.

UNC-W, G-W and Elon aren't exactly ACC-level foes, but Anthony shot a combined 11-of-32 (34.4 percent) from inside the arc, scored 57 points on 55 total field-goal attempts and committed 10 turnovers. If he's going to continue taking a Trae Young-like 20 shots per game, he needs to start converting a higher percentage of them.

The good news is that fellow freshman Armando Bacot has joined the party.

After a combined total of seven points and nine rebounds in his first two games, Bacot has recorded back-to-back double-doubles, most recently a 22-point, 14-rebound performance against Elon. If he and Garrison Brooks remain reliable threats in the post, it both takes pressure off Anthony and gives UNC's point guard more weapons to utilize.

Business is about to pick up in a hurry, though. North Carolina has the Battle 4 Atlantis coming up, followed by games against Ohio State, Virginia and Gonzaga between Dec. 4-18. Anthony has already been impressive, but we're going to learn a lot more about his game and his leadership during that gauntlet.

Grade: A-
Bleacher Report
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,356

Post#34 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:43 pm

Read on Twitter
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,126