ImageImageImageImageImage

fantasy league thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Re: fantasy league thread 

Post#701 » by Phish Tank » Sun Oct 7, 2018 4:14 pm

br7knicks wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:don't think I can make a league this year, but I'm starting up a fantasy basketball podcast. Lemme know if anyone's interested in listening into it and I can PM the details

This sounds good. I'd like to listen. I stopped listening to the radio podcast, Free Beer and Hot Wings, because I don't like how one of the new male hosts speaks to the female host; he's a complete misogynist pig.

Just a few questions.

How frequently? How many hosts? Will you have guests?

Either way, I would like to listen. I mainly listen to Joe Rogan now.

My brother and I used to do one years ago. Trying to do one again. It's tough because we don't live nearby anymore. But we use Google Hangout so we can do the podcast at the same time, as it allows us to record, also.

Once a week for the most part and typically one other co-host. We're trying to figure out how to incorporate other guests along the way.

Right now my co-host has to invest in a new mic or two, so we should have that by the time we record our next episode, which should be next week.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#702 » by br7knicks » Sun Oct 7, 2018 5:03 pm

Phish Tank wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:don't think I can make a league this year, but I'm starting up a fantasy basketball podcast. Lemme know if anyone's interested in listening into it and I can PM the details

This sounds good. I'd like to listen. I stopped listening to the radio podcast, Free Beer and Hot Wings, because I don't like how one of the new male hosts speaks to the female host; he's a complete misogynist pig.

Just a few questions.

My brother and I used to do one years ago. Trying to do one again. It's tough because we don't live nearby anymore. But we use Google Hangout so we can do the podcast at the same time, as it allows us to record, also.

Once a week for the most part and typically one other co-host. We're trying to figure out how to incorporate other guests along the way.

Right now my co-host has to invest in a new mic or two, so we should have that by the time we record our next episode, which should be next week.

Do you have a link to your episodes so far?

I got mine off Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B078N31PQT?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
knickfan
Head Coach
And1: 84

Post#703 » by knickfan » Sun Oct 7, 2018 6:11 pm

br7knicks wrote:I went back through the history on knicksology. I could've sworn I won more recently than 4 years ago. It is definitely right, and I still suck at it. although I came in second a few years ago.

You are actually the current H2H Ring leader at 3, winning the very first year of the league in 01-02 and then in 05-6 and 13-14. So not really much suckage there, lol. The only one that matches is BennyBlanco with 3 pieces on the Roto side. But yea, there were so many seasons where one person had the lock on a ring only to be sabotaged through end of season injuries or people sitting out the last 2 weeks.
http://www.knicksology.com - Knicks board fantasy ball
Phish Tank
RealGM

Post#704 » by Phish Tank » Sun Oct 7, 2018 6:47 pm

br7knicks wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

Just a few questions.

I got mine off Amazon.

check it out here:

http://hoopzilla.buzzsprout.com

The podcast name is Hoopzilla and we're trying to incorporate other features, such as quick Instagram stories.

The first two episodes are on my SoundCloud and I'll end up shifting them to Buzzsprout before the end of November:

https://soundcloud.com/hoopzilla

I got my Mic from Blue along with a Pop Filter, so my voice is super clear. We're just trying to work out some kinks here and there, so some of the episodes sound a bit rough. However, the content is pretty good for the most part, so hopefully that'll keep people happy
br7knicks

Post#705 » by br7knicks » Mon Oct 8, 2018 1:34 pm

Phish Tank wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:

I got mine off Amazon.

check it out here:

The podcast name is Hoopzilla and we're trying to incorporate other features, such as quick Instagram stories.

The first two episodes are on my SoundCloud and I'll end up shifting them to Buzzsprout before the end of November:

I got my Mic from Blue along with a Pop Filter, so my voice is super clear. We're just trying to work out some kinks here and there, so some of the episodes sound a bit rough. However, the content is pretty good for the most part, so hopefully that'll keep people happy

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

There will be kinks for years, so don't stress too much about it. As long as you do your research, you should be successful. experience makes a big difference in doing these. Listen to other successful ones to see what they do, I find that helps.
RIP, magnumt '19

Phish Tank
RealGM

Post#706 » by Phish Tank » Mon Oct 8, 2018 6:13 pm

br7knicks wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

I got mine off Amazon.

check it out here:

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

There will be kinks for years, so don't stress too much about it. As long as you do your research, you should be successful. experience makes a big difference in doing these. Listen to other successful ones to see what they do, I find that helps.

word, thanks for the suggestions and appreciate the listen. We'll definitely utilize your advice
knickfan
Head Coach

Post#707 » by knickfan » Tue Oct 9, 2018 11:04 pm

Draft in 5 days, if anyone else is interested PM me your email along with which format you want, Roto or H2H.
Ken Bannister
Freshman
And1: 91

Post#708 » by Ken Bannister » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:52 pm

i'm starting a new job soon, and i'll be working on Sundays... oh well i'll just pre rank players.
knickfan
Head Coach

Post#709 » by knickfan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:02 am

Ken Bannister wrote:i'm starting a new job soon, and i'll be working on Sundays... oh well i'll just pre rank players.

No worries, we have had guys win who pre-ranked in prior seasons so nothing wrong with that :)
br7knicks

Post#710 » by br7knicks » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:47 pm

Phish Tank wrote:
word, thanks for the suggestions and appreciate the listen. We'll definitely utilize your advice

I joined you on sound cloud. I'll give it a listen soon. To you subscribe or are you only the free membership? Free has VERY limited space to use.
RIP, magnumt '19

Phish Tank
RealGM

Post#711 » by Phish Tank » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:15 pm

br7knicks wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:

I joined you on sound cloud. I'll give it a listen soon. To you subscribe or are you only the free membership? Free has VERY limited space to use.

It's a free membership as I actually transitioned most of my podcasts into a new platform: Buzzsprout. Like you said, it's a very limited space on the free plan and I don't want to dump $ into SoundCloud knowing that the company's losing a ton of $.

My newer episodes are on Buzzsprout, so subscribe on there:

http://hoopzilla.buzzsprout.com/

If you want to listen to the first two episodes I made, feel free to listen to them on SoundCloud. I'm going to eventually move those as well to Buzzsprout.

My goal's to get the podcast on Apple/Spotify/Alexa soon
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,357

Post#712 » by NoStatsGuy » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:09 am

can i also ask for advice here? if no mods can just delete if possible.

So, our league is going to be a keepers league the first time this yea. we drafting for a H2H 14 man league, Snakedraft. i got the 10th pick.

and i kinda wanna reach for kirstaps a little bit, since we can keep 3 players after the season, i have no issue sacrificing a pick in the earlier or mid rounds. im just not sure where is a good spot. i thought about 5th or even 4th round, which might be a little high. im not the only knicks fan in that league tho, thats why i want to reach a little bit.

lots of players in our drafts every year leave in the later rounds and use auto pick, i feel i can recover in these rounds maybe and these guys will also reach for different guys, like doncic etc. because our managers seem to value the "long term" idea pretty strong.

what do you guys think, where are good spots for kristaps and knox in that scenario?
im bout dat action boss
knickfan
Head Coach

Post#713 » by knickfan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:55 pm

NoStatsGuy wrote:can i also ask for advice here?

This thread is actually just for our Knicks board leagues, speaking of, the draft is tonight if you're interested! We just have Roto spots left as H2H is filled up.

Though for just advice, Phish Tank seems to have a promising podcast :)
knickfan
Head Coach

Post#714 » by knickfan » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:46 am

Draft less than 15min for those in H2H!
knickfan
Head Coach

Post#715 » by knickfan » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:18 am

Draft in about 10min for those in Roto!
br7knicks

Post#716 » by br7knicks » Mon Dec 3, 2018 11:55 am

magnumt wrote:
H2H?

PM the link is possible.

--Mags :beer:

i'm coming for ya, this week.

i'm pissed, i started off in first after the first 2 weeks, and i've dropped, considerably, since then. i need to rebound, and it's gonna start with you :rock: :wink:
RIP, magnumt '19

magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#717 » by magnumt » Tue Dec 4, 2018 3:04 am

br7knicks wrote:
magnumt wrote:
H2H?

PM the link is possible.

i'm pissed, i started off in first after the first 2 weeks, and i've dropped, considerably, since then. i need to rebound, and it's gonna start with you :rock: :wink:

I'm thoroughly going to kick your Team's ass. Prepare thy self. :nod:

:wassup: :reporter:

BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
br7knicks

Post#718 » by br7knicks » Thu Dec 6, 2018 11:18 am

magnumt wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
magnumt wrote:
H2H?

PM the link is possible.

for real?

6-3 all week. i wake up this morning, 4-5. my students are gonna have a rough time, next week, if you pull off the win. :banghead:
RIP, magnumt '19

magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#719 » by magnumt » Thu Dec 6, 2018 10:52 pm

br7knicks wrote:
magnumt wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

for real?

6-3 all week. i wake up this morning, 4-5. my students are gonna have a rough time, next week, if you pull off the win. :banghead:

Sup bitch, I just took the lead! :wave:

Spoiler:
:wassup:

BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
br7knicks

Post#720 » by br7knicks » Fri Dec 7, 2018 11:47 am

magnumt wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
magnumt wrote:

for real?

Sup bitch, I just took the lead! :wave:

Spoiler:
:wassup:

4-4 now, playa.

i've got FT%, 3PTM, maybe points. but you've definitely got TOs in the bag. the rest are close. so get ready, hoe
RIP, magnumt '19

Return to New York Knicks