ImageImageImage

Welcome Furkan Korkmaz

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Re: Welcome Furkan Korkmaz 

Post#581 » by Arsenal » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:35 am

Winejk wrote:Declining Korkmaz's option makes no sense - cheap, useful player with some upside potential that fills a need. I've spent a lot of time thinking about it and the only thing that kind of makes sense to me is Brand and Brown just wanted to move on from Colangelo and his picks. If Colangelo was still GM, I'm guessing Korkmaz's option gets picked up. Brown was quick to purge all of the previous GMs' end of bench players - TLC, Holmes, Anderson. It didn't even appear Brown was all that interested in getting anything back for those players. Seems like Brand and Brown wanted a fresh start from all the Colagelo chaos and a player they didn't draft.

If this is how Collaborative Effort thinks, we're in serious trouble. Just flushing assets for nothing will hurt you sooner or later.
PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#582 » by PLO » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:50 am

I was under the impression they didn't pick up his option because they were doing him a favor, ie he wasn't getting minutes here at the time. I doubt Brown has anything against Korkmaz given he gave him player of the game recently.

Its a head-scratching decision, though. Really is. For all the reasons you people have outlined.
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,112

Post#583 » by TheBallsDeeper » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:22 am

I don't have much knowledge on the CBA rules. What are the options if the Sixers want to try to re-sign Korkmaz? I have read that they can not offer him more than the contract that they rejected. Can they offer him a one year minimum deal followed by a large multi year deal, signed at the same time?
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,881

Post#584 » by Wilfried » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:09 am

His trade value is trending up
el_turco
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#585 » by el_turco » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:44 am

Wilfried wrote:His trade value is trending up

No it doesnt but his market value on the free agency does.Actually when he is performing like that his trade value will be like a hot potatoe due the 2 million salary restriction for the team thats trade for him.

No one would trade for a young player with potential when its remaining beyond the summer is uncertain.
Levenspiel
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#586 » by Levenspiel » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:53 pm

XDevilBoiX wrote:From Brett himself.

"He's not intimidated by NBA basketball," Brown said. "He's not intimidated by the moment. I don't know how much you paid attention to Turkey in the qualification series, but, I have said this a lot, he was one of the better guards in that tournament. He's got a bounce, he has an inner belief, there is a swagger that he has when he is going to make a play."

And yet he decline to pick up the option.

just to clarify something: I follow Furkan since his U16 days. He was the star of his generation until u20, one of the best 1997-born Euro players (ok, not the best generation. others were Cavs' Zizic, Suns' Bender & Greece's Charalampopoulos). But then he kinda disappeared. it's not like he was torching up in Europe before the NBA. He was actually getting less playing time with Anadolu Efes than now with 76ers.

That was usually blamed on the conservative coaches and the club. We knew he was talented, he could score in multiple ways, but we thought he was not aggressive enough to claim a spot. I think he's still suffering from that.

last summer was the first time he took a serious role with the national team, as Turkey does not have any stars any more. and he delivered. He actually played beyond many people's expectations.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,748

Post#587 » by Stanford » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:57 pm

He has zero trade value. None.
Bum Adebayo
Head Coach
And1: 3,930

Post#588 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:59 pm

Of course he has zero value, as he is Super Replaceable remember.
Horrible takes since 2016
Chris76
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#589 » by Chris76 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:42 pm

Stanford wrote:

His floor is a better play making Bellinelli?

Once he gets more experience and strength, he should be a good size SG.

Unfortunately, someone will offer him more than 2 million next year.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#590 » by youngcrev » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:55 pm

Chris76 wrote:
Stanford wrote:

His floor is a better play making Bellinelli?

Once he gets more experience and strength, he should be a good size SG.

Unfortunately, someone will offer him more than 2 million next year.

Since you put a question mark on it... No, his floor is absolutely not a better playmaking Belinelli.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#591 » by Stanford » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:05 pm

Chris76 wrote:His floor is a better play making Bellinelli?

If Furkan Korkmoz played for another team under the same contractual circumstances, would you trade anything for him?
Chris76
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#592 » by Chris76 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:38 pm

Stanford wrote:

If Furkan Korkmoz played for another team under the same contractual circumstances, would you trade anything for him?

Kings need a SF.

Korkmaz for Skal could be possible.

Kings have to many bigs, he could help balance their roster?

Against Detroit, Korkmaz had 18/7 that was impressive.

Unfortunately not picking up his option did kill his value, but he could be helpful this year for the Kings.
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#593 » by XDevilBoiX » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:57 pm

Chris76 wrote:
Stanford wrote:

Kings need a SF.

Unfortunately not picking up his option did kill his value, but he could be helpful this year for the Kings.

Kings are building for the future, they’re not looking for short term fixes.
aHealthy3
Rookie
And1: 301

Post#594 » by aHealthy3 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:15 pm

6'7", 21 year old, pretty athletic wing who can shoot and score in multiple ways, and might actually be our best wing defender besides Jimmy/Ben?

EB: Nah, we're all set.
Sam Hinkie wrote:The illusion of control is an opiate, though.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#595 » by youngcrev » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:20 pm

What team has worse wing depth than the Sixers right now? Furkan's greatest opportunity to get on the court is here. He has no trade value without the option years. If he's dealt it will be as filler to match salaries.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,661

Post#596 » by Negrodamus » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:24 pm

I like Korkmaz and think it was dumb of us to not pick up his option, but you'd think we didn't pick up prime Peja Stojakovic's option judging by this board.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,681

Post#597 » by phillynative » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:53 pm

Negrodamus wrote:I like Korkmaz and think it was dumb of us to not pick up his option, but you'd think we didn't pick up prime Peja Stojakovic's option judging by this board.

I think people are frustrated with the way are assets have been managed and this is just the lastest hiccup big or small. It's annoying because right now we are depleted.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#598 » by TTP » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:30 pm

XDevilBoiX wrote:
Chris76 wrote:
Stanford wrote:

Kings need a SF.

Kings are building for the future, they’re not looking for short term fixes.

You'd think so, but it's already been reported that they're going to be buyers looking to upgrade their present roster. They also have a history of overrating themselves and prioritizing the present at the expense of their future. I can see them convincing themselves that they're a playoff team now and trying to go hard for the 8th seed to end the playoff drought.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#599 » by Stanford » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:51 pm

TTP wrote:You'd think so, but it's already been reported that they're going to be buyers looking to upgrade their present roster.

If Furkan Kormoz is an upgrade this year, we're better off keeping him. If we trade him for Skal Labissiere, assuming Furk is actually good, we get worse for the rest of the season, take on salary for next year and don't add anything of value.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#600 » by TTP » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:55 pm

Stanford wrote:
TTP wrote:You'd think so, but it's already been reported that they're going to be buyers looking to upgrade their present roster.

If Furkan Kormoz is an upgrade this year, we're better off keeping him. If we trade him for Skal Labissiere, assuming Furk is actually good, we get worse for the rest of the season, take on salary for next year and don't add anything of value.

Yeah I agree.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers